Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 37 - Frostvals Past and Present (Circe)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 37 - Frostvals Past and Present (Circe)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2008 14:24:58   
Maegwyn

Welcome, friends, to this magical time of year! Winter is upon some of us and with it comes the snow, the crisp air, and ice. Yes, it also brings treacherous driving conditions, pounds of snow to be brushed off our cars, and slippery sidewalks. But let's not forget snow days, warm scarves, hot chocolate and the holidays! Yes, my fellow readers, today, we turn our faces to a glorious time in Lorian tradition, one that brings great opportunities and potential threats. We lift our eyes and look to the frozen north, as it sends us its typical weather of snow, cold, ice and intrigue. Today, we discuss the icy land of Frostvale and all that comes with it.

The evasive mushrooms, the snowballs, the wintery togs and wolves. And let's not forget the yetis! Frostval is a magical time of year, when we gather together as a community of adventurers and work to thwart whatever villain has targeted the peaceful, Moglin village. To truly understand what lies ahead, we must first consider what has come before.

First, we had the terrifying and gruff IceMaster Yeti kidnapping Moglins from Frostvale and holding them captive. You charge into his cave bravely to meet him, and risk your life to protect the Moglins. They return the favor by healing you so that you can rise up and meet the yeti on your terms. The conclusion to the battle finds him soundly defeated. Rescued Moglins turn into allies that will be with you over the course of the next year, up to the following Frostval. So grateful for your efforts, the moglins offer you a choice of weapons in addition to their support and healing. During this adventure, we learn more about Sepulchure and his involvement in the yeti's nefarious moglin-napping scheme.

Next, we have the Frostval war, in which you battle Ice elementals, arctic wolves, snowballs, mushrooms and togs, an unyielding force of ice monsters! You cut a swatch through the monsters, wading bravely into the fray to emerge victorious and face Xanta Claus. You're joined by a reformed IceMaster Yeti, working to protect a young Moglin friend, who helps you defeat the perpetually demented Xan. You're joined by the three Spirits of Frostval for the traditional recap. Unfortunately, just as they're about to drop some major knowledge on you, Artix arrives on the scene to cut down the "undead" ghosts of Frostval Past, Present and Future. Thanks a lot, Paladin.

This year will certainly hold surprises not even Gananana can see. Is a return of IceMaster Yeti planned? Will Xan arrive again, or will it be Sepulchure striking out against us? We just completed a battle fraught with ice elves and dragons to obtain another orb - is that coincidence? Will another tragedy befall the beleaguered Moglin village? Have we found a way to make the mushrooms stop dodging our every attack? Stay tuned, adventurer!
Post #: 1
12/21/2008 16:46:00   
TreadLight

I love these types of articles. It all being description of the past and then an introduction of the future is really cool. Such nostalgia. I don't see anything bad about it, but I do have a suggestion.

Make it seem like your character is really the main character in the end of the article. Show the importance of our presence during Frostval. I mean, we are the ones to save Frostval[e] each time, so it'd make the reader feel better that they get to save these helpless little moglins (oh yeah, and the world) once again. Saying something like 'You are the reason that these little creatures are still alive today! Stay tuned, and we'll see what we can do this time around! This... Is... FROSTVAL!" that last part wasn't necessary, but I guess you've got my drift. The more that you direct the article to the player, the more they'd like to read it.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/21/2008 16:59:11   
15cman

I like these articles as well, Treadlight.It reminds me of the stuff I've forgotten.
DF MQ  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 37 - Frostvals Past and Present (Circe)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition