Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Hero Stories

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The Hero Stories
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2008 4:23:29   
Cheddar

Hearts Project: The Hero Stories
Written and Narrated by Cheddar

Prologue

"Everyone, please turn to page three hundred eleven of your textbooks," said Mr. Jeffers, Roy Iron's stubby Chemistry teacher. "Today's lecture is about carbon compounds. Does anyone know why carbon is such a special element?"

How boring, thought Roy, slicking his short, spiky, red hair back, then straightening it up again. I would rather learn about engineering or something.

Jeff Graip stood up and raised his hand enthusiastically. "That's an easy one. It is because carbon has four valence electrons and has a high tendency to use them in forming electron pairs in covalent bonding with other atoms. This means that it can make complex compounds with almost any element, including itself."

"Umm...That's correct. As expected of Mr. Graip," said Mr. Jeffers.

What a smart ass, thought Roy. Those Asians and their insane study habits.

Jeff Graip, a third year academy student, was a recent transfer student to London's Voltaire Academy from his old home in Japan, a small country that Roy heard intersected the Great Wall, which was a huge wall that stood at the edges of the Earth. Jeff was an average sized person, who had long, black hair, wore black clothing outside of school, and had ear measurements of fourteen centimetres. His family, being Asian held academics in high esteem. There were rumors going around school that Jeff had transferred to England due to his father dying. His mother had a sister who lived in London, so that is why he moved.

Unlike Jeff, Roy thought that anything academic that didn't interest him was a waste of time. Roy wore blue jeans, a white T-shirt, and black tennis shoes when not wearing his uniform. However, Roy actually liked the school uniform, consisting of a white blazer, a blue shirt, and blue trousers, very much and would often wear it out. Roy's ear measurements were only nine and a half centimetres, which caused him to be teased when he was much younger, though he had made some good friends by now who didn't care about ear height. Roy had a passion for tinkering with mechanics, which often ended in an explosion of some sort.

Today in school was not like any other day. All the students at Voltaire Academy were talking about the new virtual reality game being released by Biohazardous Entertainment, called Hearts Project. At lunch time that day, Roy and his friends were discussing the game.

"I heard that this game is so realistic that you can feel real sensations in it," said Thomas, who was eating a baloney sandwich.

"Hmm..." began Kyle, swallowing a potato chip. "I don't think that that sounds like such a good idea. I mean, won't that cause injuries to actually hurt? And it's an action RPG, none the less." Kyle pondered it for a second.

"Probably, but we should wait to find out," responded Thomas, who was inspecting his baloney sandwich.

Michael ginned. "A game...where you can actually feel things? Feel other players?"

Kyle glared at him. "Michael, quit your perverted fantasizing and wipe up your drool. Sexual harassment is illegal you dumbass."

"Well that may not be so," said Thomas. "Hearts Project is a multi-national game, so English law-enforcement couldn't arrest like a French person or a Kenyan person."

"Then there's no rules?" asked Kyle, astonished.

"No. That's not true either," answered Thomas, folding his hands in front of his chin. "There's a group of moderators called the Associates Of Order that maintain the players' behavior."

"Is that so?" asked Michael, with a questioning look on his face. "Wait...A..."

"Shut up, Michael," yelled Kyle, punching him in the shoulder. "Your perverted comments are very unnecessary."

"Hey!" exclaimed Michael, rubbing his shoulder. "That hurt. And it wasn't like that."

"It was probably supposed to hurt, and knowing you, it was certainly like that." Michael looked over to Roy, who hadn't bought anything for lunch, as usual. "Hey, so Roy are you gonna play the game?"

Roy thought about it for a half of a second. "I guess I might as well try it. If it's boring, then there's no helping it and I just won't play it."

Jeff, who was sitting on a wooden protrusion from the wall by the windows, overheard the conversation and thought to himself, this sounds like my sort of game. I think I'll try it out.

"So where exactly do you go to buy this game?" asked Roy.

"Haha! You don't buy this game like a regular VR game. Biohazardous has set up several Hearts Project Centres where you enter a VR pod to digitize yourself," said Thomas.

"Where is the nearest one?" asked Roy.

"On Main and Third Street. See you in the game then?" asked Thomas, smiling.

"Yeah. See you there," answered Roy with a thumbs up.

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 1/25/2009 0:06:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/24/2009 22:18:39   
Cheddar

Story 1: A Story Unfolds

Roy was driving his Marcraydeys Bends to the local Biohazardous Games' Hearts Project Centre. "It sounds interesting," he said to himself. "A game where you can actually feel sensations. I wonder how, or rather, why, they did it."

Meanwhile, Jeff had already arrived at the Centre. "It looks like I just get in one of these metal pods and it digitalizes me." He chose a nearby pod, got in, and laid on the slanted wall inside it. As he closed the door, the inside of the pod lit up, revealing a large red button that read, 'Go!' on it. "Simple enough," Jeff said. He pressed the button and the tube became dark. Suddenly, a white ring appeared at the borders of the tube on the top. It scanned his body from head to toe. Suddenly, the door opened and Jeff was in a different world.

Roy had just arrived at the Centre. He went through the same procedure as Jeff and when his pod opened to the other world, he received the shock of seeing a short, pink, creature with stick-like arms and legs, round, bulging eyes, and a very large mouth. "GAH!" exclaimed Roy, in astonishment.

"Hiya! I'm Mister Hearts! And what might your name be?" asked the Heart-man in a high-pitched voice.

"Uh, I'm...I'm, uh...Roy Iron...isn't this the Starting Point for Hearts Project, the game?" asked Roy, getting out of the pod, finding himself in a cramped room, with several hallways leading to other rooms. As he got out, he noticed that he felt extremely light and almost bounced out.

"Game? Oh hoh! Right! A game. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Those crazy government people," said Mister Hearts, shaking his head, or rather body.

"So, where am I?" asked Roy.

"Well, if you ask me, I'd guess we're somewhere beneath Swe Desert. But we might have wandered toward the Grand Arena a bit," answered Mister Hearts, hopping from one foot to the other in excitement.

"We?" asked Roy, questioningly.

"Well, of course." Mister Hearts pointed down a hallway, where the end was blocked by some large, brown object. "Me and my pal over there are traveling buddies and we stumbled on these ruins on accident when we fell down a pit in the sands of the Swe Desert. Here," Mister Hearts gestured to follow him down the hall. "I'll introduce you." When Mister Hearts got to the thing blocking the door, which now appeared feathery, he poked it a few times and said, "hey, pal, mind moving? We have a new buddy." The mass moved and Roy and Mister Hearts exited.

"THAT'S ONE BIG CHICKEN!" exclaimed Roy, his eyes practically popping out from the surprise.

Not just big, Roy. He's fat! The Fattest Chicken On The Planet!" exclaimed Mister Hearts, enthusiastically.

"The...Fattest On The Planet?" asked Roy, not knowing what else to say to these two strange characters.

"Indeed-y-do!" answered Mister Hearts. "A long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away, this very planet in fact, there was a competition between farmers to genetically engineer the fattest chicken possible, in order to get the most meat. The result was him."

"CHICKENS ARE FEMALE! MALES ARE CALLED ROOSTERS!" yelled Roy, correcting Mister Hearts, who was humming a tune.

"Tell that to the farmers," said Mister Hearts. "Not only is he really fat, but he is the longest-living chicken of all time. He's lived for almost five hundred years! How do I know this? Because I met him when he was born." Mister Hearts was dancing around.

"So...you're both really old?" Roy stared at them. "You don't...look too old..."

"Right-oh! Anyway, more of these really fat chickens would be around, but around four hundred years ago, Princess Sarah of Swe Kingdom used her enchanted sketchbook to draw a Badly Drawn Ninja. While most of her drawings were benevolent, this drawing had malevolent intentions behind it. Sarah was angry at her dad for not letting her have a fifth helping of chicken for dinner, so she sketched up a Badly Drawn Ninja to assassinate and cook chickens for her. She got what she wanted and when she told him to stop killing chickens one day and that she was satisfied, he didn't listen. He just kept killing them and cooking them, but since Sarah didn't want them anymore, he ate them himself. My pal, here, is the last survivor, but the Badly Drawn Ninja still goes after him often."

After listening to the story, Roy observed his surroundings. He seemed to be in the ruins of a city in a humungous underground cavern.

"So...what is this place and why are you here?" asked Roy, stepping toward the edge of the cliff they were standing on, gazing over the ruins.

"That's an easy one," said Mister Hearts, doing a summersault. "Me and the Fattest Chicken On The Planet are the protectors of the Golden Pod you came out of when you got here. Unlike all the other pods that are in the Hearts Project Centre, there are several Golden Pods across the land. What's ironic is that me and my pal didn't know where our pod was. When we heard rumors of one being spotted in a series of underground caverns, we guessed it was The Shelter and came here. Right, buddy?"

"Moo!" went the Fattest Chicken On The Planet, raising its head upward.

"Did...did the chicken just...moo?" asked Roy. "Anyway, why are the Golden Pods here? What do they do so special?"

"Well, in our world, it is said that there are four Legendary Heroes and four Legendary Villains that will rise one day and fight for the fate of The Planet. Some of these Heroes and Villains will come from another world, rising from Golden Pods. When The Planet was created, each pod was assigned at least one protector and I was this one's protector."

"So, I'm either a Legendary Hero or Villain?" asked Roy, wondering if this was actually an event that all people experienced when they entered the game.

Mister Hearts did several tumbles before answering. "Indeedy-do! You're gonna fight to either save The Planet Hearts or Destroy it. Whether you're a Hero or a Villain, we have to protect you until you find your other three companions, whether they be Villains or Heroes."

"Okay. One more question. How do we get out of here?"

"Oh so easy-peasy!" said Mister Hearts with a smirk on his face, hands on his side. "I'll just use my TwelPhone..." Mister Hearts reached behind his back and pulled out a cell phone-like device from apparently nowhere. "To teleport us to the Swe Desert Bazaar." Mr. Hearts reached his hand in the air, stuck out a finger, and swiftly pressed a button on his TwelPhone. "Up, up, and away!" They disappeared in a flash.

To Keep You Occupied!

Hey, all [assuming anybody reads this]! While I'm in the process of writing the next segment of the first story, I'll talk about Hearts Project the game a bit to keep you occupied.

Hearts Project was created by the Eurasian gaming company, Biohazardous Games, who have been known as the first company to create a massively multiplayer online virtual reality game and continued to be the most popular gaming company for over a century. The company was founded by Rexwell Haek I and is currently run by his son, Rexwell Haek II. Rexwell Haek II was inspired to create this game after joining an organization called the Alliance of Omni [commonly referred to as Alliance of All]. Rexwell Haek worked tirelessly to create this game and it wasn't until a genius inventor, Jonathan Summoon, gave him some pointers on the technology, that he was able to complete the virtual world. Jonathan was later recruited into Biohazardous Games, but when Rexwell suggested he join the Alliance of Omni, Jonathan declined, saying that it was likely better he didn't.

After three years of testing, Rexwell and Jonathan thought the game was good enough to allow a public audience of ages 15 and up participate in [in this time period, 15, rather than 16, is a significant age, when people are allowed to own a motor vehicle and much more]. In September of 3012, the Biohazardous Games opened many Hearts Project centres in Eurasia and her colonies, the United Nations of Africa, and sparsely throughout the Territories of Antarctica and the Indo-Atlantic-Pacific.

In the world of Hearts, you will find Science Fiction mixed with Fantasy throughout. That's right! There are giant robots AND Dragons =D [both of which you will see as antagonists in the first few stories =o].

Anyway, I think that's enough information to hold over anyone who decided to read this.

~Thanks For Reading

< Message edited by Cheddar -- 2/12/2009 23:50:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The Hero Stories
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition