Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

One Long Nightmare

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> One Long Nightmare
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2009 9:23:46   
masurao13

The world is split into three pieces: Finale, Luminos, and Earth. Earth is home to the humans, Luminos to the Shining Ones, and Finale to darker creatures, such as the undead. This story does not start in Luminos, nor Earth, but in Finale. Follow the dark tale of Night as he sees just how dark it can get in an already shadowy world.

This is something that I've got posted somewhere else: www.tomecity.com
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
2/8/2009 9:26:11   
masurao13

Prologue

“What am I?”

The isolated consciousness had often asked itself that. All it had known was a strange void of space, that was filled with color and yet colorless all at the same time. This had been its home for a period of time that it couldn’t define.

“Who am I?”

This question had always followed. No identity distinguished it; it didn’t seem to exist, and yet there it was. Only more questions followed, but they were quieted by a sudden pang of anger in it.

Wait, anger? How did it identify that emotion as such? Such an inquiry became irrelevant as the anger turned to pure rage. It lashed out, but hit nothing.

“What is this?”

It had just realized that it had a limb. How strange it was! It was a bizarre color, a cross between pink and tan. At the end of it were five smaller limbs, each with a round end. Just behind the end was a hard, multi-fiber scale of some sort. It felt a strange sensation on the other side of its body (it had a body!?) and saw an identical limb.

“Good morning, Catalyst,” a voice said.

How had it heard that? There was no sound in the void in which it lived, so it must be somewhere else. There was suddenly the sensation of…warmth? But what was warmth? Why were these words popping into its head all of a sudden? What was the meaning of the word ‘Catalyst’?

“How is this new body working for you?” the voice asked, deep and rumbling.

It lifted the strange veils over its vision, and shut them tightly again. This new world was so bright! Finally it opened them again, squinting out into the light. There was a man dressed in black armor standing at the end of the thing it was laid upon.

He extended his armor covered hand to it, and it reached out and grabbed it. The man smiled, making it shiver. It was then thrown into a world of pure torment, a living hell all its own.

~

The figure on the hill finished reading the entry. He looked up, his blindfold not actually hiding anything from him, and smirked as he closed the small book. Then, in a flash, he was gone, leaving no sign that he had been there.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
6/29/2009 21:53:01   
masurao13

Hm...maybe I should actually start posting more of this... :P

Not that anyone's reading, of course.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> One Long Nightmare
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition