Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/17/2009 18:05:27   
The Gilded DragonSlayer

Image 1
Image 2

For the most part, the guy in the image looks rugged and the red grunge makes itself look like dried splattered blood which suits the guy's rugged, tough appearance overall. However, the shoulders of the guy look like they're mixed into the grunge and that makes it look off. Secondly, the silver/gray space above the red grunge doesn't match the other half of the space below the grunge which throws off the balance of color IMO.

In general I find the image to be exciting with the flurry of effects with the pop-up sort of position Spidey's in and the blend of the lightning and clouds which makes the perfect scenario when together. Though, the problems are that the lightning to spider's right looks weaker in light than the lightning to his left which generally throws off the balance of the image itself. Also, the border on the sig looks too large which throws the image out of balance as well.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/22/2009 17:35:22 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 226
9/20/2009 22:48:46   
Vengeance_Shinigami

My Style: Rendering and Re-Colors (GIMP + FotoFlexer)
My work: (Mostly AQW) Avatar , Death Knight (Recolor)

Image 1: The green background is a perfect fit for the clothes the boy is wearing. It kinda sends a vibe out. The whole background looks like paint, and the grafitti on the wall behind him kinda tells you he lives in the city. It has good lighting to it, but there is alot of effects, which kinda throws it off.This piece is really admirable in my opinion, overal would be a 8.5/10

Image 2: The red firey set around naruto is really fit on how he is in nine-tail form, which is evil, and has a red aura. Clearly he is facing haterid right now, as you can see in his eyes. But I would try adding the nine tail fox a little shaded of into the far right corner.All the colors blend in perfectly with one-another. I would give this a 8/10.

quote:

'I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.'

~V_S

Approved

< Message edited by Vengeance_Shinigami -- 10/7/2009 19:36:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 227
9/22/2009 16:41:06   
meepit

Example of my Art 1
Example of my Art 2

Image 1
I like it a lot. The colors go well together. Though I'm a little confused about what the thing in the background it...
Image 2
I think that this one could be nicer if it was in color or if the lady didn't have sparkly eyeshadow.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/22/2009 17:36:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
9/22/2009 20:17:27   
Lord Sephiroth

image 1
The original sketch of image 1
image 2
The original sketch of image 2

I'm open to all constructive criticism that is given.

quote:

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/24/2009 17:53:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 229
9/24/2009 19:29:25   
Lord Sephiroth

image 1

image 2

Image 1
I like this pic mainly because of how the girl is portrayed. the moon in the background adds mystery and the dress and sword as well as the girl's stance give new meaning to the phrase "seductively deadly."

Image 2
the red in the background looks a lot like blood, but the kiss between the guy and the girl shows a love like no other.

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/26/2009 16:36:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
9/25/2009 17:52:27   
Deil

1) forms of art: Manga & anime

2) Image 1
Image 1
Very good drawing however left wing seems to be transparent towards the lower end of it

Image 2
image 2
Looks very accurate however horns seem a little inapporpiate in the image... also the sword looks a little plain

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/26/2009 16:36:40 >
Post #: 231
9/26/2009 18:52:57   
musica

good picture i like the way you have the character posed it makes them look like they are ready for anything 7/10

all around a good picture however a tad more shading on the back horn and left wing wouldn't hurt, other than that i have no complaints about this picture it looks verywell shaded other than the 2 areas mentioned 8/10

will be doing mostly df editing photos and merging photos

my art 1

my art 2

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:39:15 >
DF  Post #: 232
9/27/2009 11:35:25   
Malkoir tehLolcatLrd

Hello I do edits for AQW and sometimes DF. I am hoping to get good at this so I can make comics and then custom weapons. Here are what I think, my two funniest edits. I have run a gallery before on a different site, and my friends said I should come here. Most edits are based around glitches and AQW based So without further adeu (Did I spell that right? o.o) Here they are:
Over 9000!: Http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv45/malkoir/doommal.jpg
AND
Strange Bleu Cat: Http://i668.photobucket.com/albumss/vv45/malkoir/oo.jpg

Criticism: Alt Image 1: A very good deathknight piece. It looks a little too pixelated, but that's not nesscesarily a bad thing. The armor could use a little more detail, andso could the cape. They look very bland. The skin color dosen't really blend with the armor. The hair and blade are fine as is. Points: 8/10

Al Image 2: This is a very good sketch. The horns and teeth look very life-like. The eyes and Horns blend well together. The one thing that bothers me is the dentist guy. Either the artis didn't take the time to draw a life-like figure, like he did his dragon, or someone stole the art and made a funny joke out of it. It's like stealing. Points: 8/10

quote:

I hearby will follow the rules set by the mods and admins of the forums. I understand that failing to follow the rules, I can be removed from the gallery and the forums themselves.

Overall 8/10

Enjoy!
~Malkoir

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:39:44 >
Post #: 233
9/28/2009 0:37:13   
Nestorow

My art 1
My art 2

I do this type of abstract art but i am starting to do sigs.

Criticism 1: Alt image 1 Dragon teth floss. this peice of art is very well drawn in the foreground to make the dragon stand out more. i do like the humor of the dentist but i think that the artist could have spent a little more time making the whole picture well drawn instead of just the dragon. the dragon has a good amount of shading that adds to the whole effect. my rating 6.5/10

Criticism 2: Alt image 2 Blue dragon. i like this picture because it is very basic yet well drawn. i like the contast of the red horns on the blue body and also the whole dragon on the yellow background. i think that the artist could have drawn it a lighter shade of blue because it is too dark for me too see the finer details of the dragons skin. my rating 7.5/10

quote:

I hearby will follow the rules set by the mods and admins of the forums. I understand that failing to follow the rules, I can be removed from the gallery and the forums themselves.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:40:13 >
Post #: 234
9/28/2009 17:22:36   
devicer4321

my art 1
my art 2

The swift colors of the background give the image a
nice pleasant touch. Almost like neon lights
in a dark room, they bring out the true beauty of the
girl in the middle of the picture. And she, herself is
a beauty. Not only does she bring a true emphasis of what
the true picture is about, but she also acts as the middle
between the two different color formations in the background.
The shading of the girl, complemented by the two different
color formations in the background, give the feeling as if
though she has two sides. The partial purple oval shape in the
background also fortells a new feature to the picture. It could be
acting as a 3rd color formation, or part of the middle that seperates the other two,
or maybe perhaps even wings of the girl; none the less, it gives the image a more
mysterious quality. The words also give the picture a mysterious quality.
It makes me want to ask questions like
what does the artist mean when he/she says "gaze into the depths," and what does
it have to do with the rest of the picture? No matter what the answer might be,
again, it's one of those things that
make the picture better in everyway...And finally we get to that yellow rectangle on
the left of the picture. Personally, I think it doesnt fit with the rest of the picture;
the rest of the background is filled with mixed colors and swift lines of bright paint colors,
everything looks so magical, and then suddenly, a small turn to the left ruins the "magic show."
Wheather this was something the artist missed, or it was put there on purpose, I can't help to not look at it,
because not looking at it dismisses the true feeling of the picture. But in my opinion, I just don't think it mixes with the picture.
All in all though, a great picture...I give this a 9/10.

The purple like spiral around the words desire give the picture
a sense of never endingness. Maybe like a never ending feeling of desire.
The gold and holy light like background of the top right corner, seem to make the girl stand out as a devine piece of
the picture. Her clothes match the colors of the background making her blend in more, but also stand out in the same time.
The dark scratch marks in between the colors seem to add the feeling of a
ripple effect in the picture, in my opinion this is a good attribute of the picture.
The word Desire has hearts around it, making it seem as though the whole picture is about desiring
the girl that stands out, the one within the image. This also is a good attribute, because the artist using foreshadowing or as
some call it, show, don't tell. Again, a very good picture, I can't seem to find any flaws in it what so ever, so I give this one a solid 10/10.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:40:31 >
DF  Post #: 235
9/28/2009 19:04:21   
~JW~

*Also posted on GFXheaven*
Portfolio for a friend
Enter page for a friend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For one, the depth this image has is amazing. The left side should be cropped though. The right side
has beauty at such amazing levels, its illegal. I can tell this was made by ZTG, because of the text. The text is simply awesome. The effects on the render really bring out the coolness of the tag.

I take that this image was hand drawn and coloured is PS. The shading is immensely good, and the detail is perfect. The only thing wrong is the colour set. I think a greenish colour might have fit better than the blue colour used. Also, the BG is slightly strange. Maybe a transparent BG would have worked better. Another thing wrong, it that the creator cropped out the left wing.
quote:

Not approved. Speak with me via PMs, for reasons.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:42:02 >
Post #: 236
9/29/2009 15:38:38   
DragonSlayerNinja

Art 1

Art 2

Image 1

The Pink and the Yellow of this picture work together perfectly in harmony providing a feeling of happiness and a strong passion. The hint of want for the observer compels them in a sense of delight. The effects in the background do not flow as good as it could with the simple drawing of the woman. Overall it is a cheerful picture but could flow better.

Image 2

In this image, the artist does very well at using different colors and effects in the background to give it a dark, and "alley way" feeling that gives it the sense of a rouge or escaped convict. The effect of blue adds great emphasis to the "bad boy" style of smoking his cigarette. However i think the blue glow is a little over emphasized and could be shrunk a tad to bring balance.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:42:57 >
AQ  Post #: 237
9/29/2009 19:54:14   
Ilø¤IMPERIAL¤ølI

1) My Art Work:

Art 1

Art 2

2) Constructive Criticism (CC):

I like the it. The image makes an appealing attraction, the eyes, forlorn--depressing.
It tells me that the person is troubled, worried over something. Perhaps she's experienced a tragic?
The text in the background could use some more 'impact', it could be used in a different font
to describe the loneliness of the person. Overall, the affection of the image is pretty good.

The background color matches very well, however 'romance' is out of the picture. I can not see
it being romantic, therefore it does not correspond well with the image. I would change the word or simply
remove it. The image itself is smooth, it gives me a safe-warm feeling. Touching, I might say.

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:43:15 >
Post #: 238
9/30/2009 16:53:24   
the dragonslayer

1) My art and work:
Picture 1
Pixel art, this is the type of art I enjoy the most because that you are working in squares and somehow it just seems easier for me to make rather than making forum signatures.

Picture 2
"Game" or map devoloping for Warcraft III, I don't know if this counts but it did say "Are you a musician? Or are you a game developer? Maybe you made an AE movie? Either way this is the place for you." so I think it counts

2) Constructive criticism of other peoples work

I like the idea of this tag the focus is nice you aren't distracted by the text and it's placed nicely. But in my opinion I personally think the render is a bit too blurred... The lighting is nice but work on getting a better render next time/not blurring it too much.

I really like the background and it all sure fits nicely with iron man, but that render...
it almost looks as if you've oversharpened the places where cracks/dirt appears on him. That doesn't look very good, and you might want to place some kind of text on it to avoid ripping. The lighting is good too it almost looks as if the edges of his armor is shining and it looks like an explosion to the left of him(that fits nicely) but it(the render, armor whatever) still stands out too much.

3)I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. *Hint try adding a bit more.* And as for the Warcraft 3 maps, those should remain on their forums. Game developer is referring to those that make their own games.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/1/2009 18:45:42 >
AQ  Post #: 239
10/3/2009 22:06:54   
blackandblueknight

1. my work

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/dogdmoney/Picture003.jpg
customs

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/dogdmoney/Picture002.jpg

but photonovels are my main game

1. Comment on the colors and render: the color is absolutely eye popping and amazing.it really draws the viewers eye,same going as the render
2. Talk about the general appearance:It makes it look like a fierce and explosive picture,really drwaing the focus on every part of the picture
3. Comment on the text and border, and other additions:there is no text,but the border is perfectly fine,it fits in real well and makes the picture look dynamic
4. Point out any things you thought were really good or really bad: I think the marks on the armor could be done better,but they look accurate enough.
5. Give an overall opinion:my overall opinion is that i really like and enjoy the image,8./10

1. Comment on the colors and render: the colors are really elegant and shows true essence of the picture.
2. Talk about the general appearance: it gives a warm feeling into the picture. a sence of security and protection comes when the thought is looked at in the picture.
3. Comment on the text and border, and other additions:the word romance fits really well into the picture because it gives a good,sweet vibe to the picture.
4. Point out any things you thought were really good or really bad: i think it is a bit to cludy of the lighting and shading. it feels unbalanced.but i really like it.
5. Give an overall opinion:

3.I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

< Message edited by blackandblueknight -- 10/5/2009 15:27:14 >
DF  Post #: 240
10/4/2009 8:30:15   
Priesterror

Example 1
Example 2

Image 1
This is a really nice tag and the background color really matches with Spiderman's suit. But I feel that adding more color to the contrast would allow more parts of his suit to really stand out, thus improving the image. The lightning effects are brilliant. I like how the lightning combines with evaporating effect on spiderman's hands. It adds a dramatic feeling to the picture, like he is fading away or turning into something evil.
Overall, the picture is really good but i couldn't help noticing how thick the boreders were. I believe that if the boreders were smaller, it would make the picture look much better.
Overall: 8/10

Image 2
This dragon's is vey well detailed. The shading on the dragon is excellent which makes it look realistic. The horns are also very well shaded and detailed. I like how one horn is comig out from underneath the other. The dragon's head and neck are very well done but the the shoulders lack the deatail.
If you look closely, you will see that one of its teeth isn't connected to the gums which looks a bit weird. also the dentist is drawn completely differently from how the dragon is drawn. He lacks a lot of detail compared to the dragon which makes the picture look weird.
I believe that this dragon could do without the saliva dripping down its teeth and running down its chin because it is barely noticebale.
Overall: 7/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/4/2009 16:49:47 >
Post #: 241
10/4/2009 12:46:45   
Borq

Sword 1
Sword 2

The color used go nicely with each other. I think that a bit too much smudge was used,
and it's pretty bland overall. In my opinion, the text should be moved further to the left, seeing
as it currently stands by itself. Another thing that pops to me is the definition between the couch she's laying on and the background.
There's too much contrast at that point, whereas her left side flows a bit better.

What I immediately see is the text. It could use more color, there are only two predominant ones right now,
the red and yellow. There are to many things going on, the focal is 'buried' under the background.
I would suggest diluting the bg and intensifying the render, brightening it up, maybe.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/4/2009 16:50:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 242
10/4/2009 13:46:11   
immy

My Artwork:

Cysero (Hand drawn)

Warlic (Hand drawn)

Constructive Critisism:

Image 1

This a exciting image, the lightning in the background shows Spiderman's power being sucked up, which is very nicely done. On both of Spiderman's hands it has a slight blur which shows the stress. On the eyes, it’s slipping away from his face; this creates a nice horrific emotion. Also, it creates suspense and you want to see what's going to happen. What I also liked about the white eyes is, automatically, it catches your attention. The left hand it has a sort of repetition affect, which shows something is flowing inside him. Now, this could be improved by, instead of this tag having a bold black outline, it could have a slight fade, it shows that something is going to happen. I didn’t like the right arm of the Spiderman, it has a blur and it’s hard to see his arm. Overall, this picture not to bad, thus I liked it

Image 2

This picture is really nice, and it shows how this artist put a lot of effort in it, by looking at the detail of those wings. Personally, I think the Head is the right size, due to the proportion of those abstract wings. How the artist showed the Dragon is sitting down, according to the legs are unique. It clearly shows this Artist has a spent a lot of time on this picture. What I think that could be improved is the tail of the dragon, currently, it the same size all along, which doesn’t look realistic. Instead of this, the artist could have make it gone slimmer in size. Apart from that, I liked this picture, due to those spectacular wings.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/4/2009 16:51:00 >
DF  Post #: 243
10/5/2009 14:21:58   
Ghost
BOO-m

Music piece 1 - "A New Day Is Dawning"
Music Piece 2 - "Looks Like It's Time To Get Awesome"

Love the flare coming off the fretboard! Intricate background, and a great 'rock face' picture. Excellent composition, and it immediately translates to a great vibe. Only thing that comes off a little odd to me is that the flare seems like it extends too far to the right, I was a sorta confused as to what it was doing.

Ah, good ol' Master Chief. Unfortunately he's being dis-intigrated by those pesky aliens. Again.. excellent composition, fantastic lighting and effects, and has a great feeling to it. Great work. The only problem with this picture that I can see is that it has nothing for me to criticise. T'is a dilemma. :/

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/11/2009 16:37:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 244
10/5/2009 15:27:57   
blackandblueknight

1. my work

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/dogdmoney/Picture003.jpg
customs

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/dogdmoney/Picture002.jpg

but photonovels are my main game

1. Comment on the colors and render: the color is absolutely eye popping and amazing.it really draws the viewers eye,same going as the render
2. Talk about the general appearance:It makes it look like a fierce and explosive picture,really drwaing the focus on every part of the picture
3. Comment on the text and border, and other additions:there is no text,but the border is perfectly fine,it fits in real well and makes the picture look dynamic
4. Point out any things you thought were really good or really bad: I think the marks on the armor could be done better,but they look accurate enough.
5. Give an overall opinion:my overall opinion is that i really like and enjoy the image,8./10

1. Comment on the colors and render: the colors are really elegant and shows true essence of the picture.
2. Talk about the general appearance: it gives a warm feeling into the picture. a sence of security and protection comes when the thought is looked at in the picture.
3. Comment on the text and border, and other additions:the word romance fits really well into the picture because it gives a good,sweet vibe to the picture.
4. Point out any things you thought were really good or really bad: i think it is a bit to cludy of the lighting and shading. it feels unbalanced.but i really like it.
5. Give an overall opinion:

3.I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/11/2009 16:39:21 >
DF  Post #: 245
10/5/2009 17:36:02   
DragonSlayerNinja

Art 1

Art 2

Image 1

In this image, the dragon has a great deal of detail and care. The teeth have great placement and two horns make the picture unique. The fact that the dentist is a stick figure throws the picture off completely though. Also, the eye needs better placement, and does not work with the placement of the sags for the eyes. Cleaning up some stray marks would make it a bit more professional.

Image 2

In this image, there is very good perspective. The feet and parts of the robot are aligned in a realistic manner. The detail on the main body is decent but, the top guns need more work. The "fire ball" was not given much attention as for the flames from outside are going through the ball and it needs touching up. The robot simply needs shading. Shading provides more depth and realism so that would improve the picture.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/11/2009 16:39:40 >
AQ  Post #: 246
10/9/2009 20:11:59   
Black321

Example 1
Example 2

The render in the picture looks almost as though in a cave, which makes that portion of the signature very stunning. Bluring the render probably wasn't a good idea though. Onto the text.The text fades away into the signature, making it more appealng than having it completely visible trying to pop-out and take the center of attention. And underneath that looks like light brushing, adding a light sorce near the text. Unfortunatly it is somewhat a dim-light making the brushing almost invisible. Back to the render, behind it where the C4D lies, has what seems like glass breaking and flying away, making the entire signature life-like. Overall I'd say a 9/10 signature.

Where to begin here.. The background on the signature looks basically like someone painted on it, which normally isn't all that great but the smudged it to make it look like multicolored clouds. Very appealing. Onto the render seeing as there is much made with it. The light sorce shining on it, looks like it was placed carefully, making it look better than spending but a minute moving it around. Since the light sorce was so big, it went all the way down the render as if it were really there. Stunning. near the right of the render you may notice a small flowed C4D, which looks like it was put with effects, making it simply jaw-dropping. Back to the background. Its somewhat dark near the edges, which doesn't really look at good. But all in all the signature's render and background look very well places together. Overall a 9.5/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/11/2009 16:40:02 >
Post #: 247
10/9/2009 22:33:22   
Revin

art 1
art 2

Critique 1
the picture just looks like the head and neck is big... and chest and arms seem off too like the chest appears to be facing the viewer, but the arms appear at a 3/4 angle.
what can be done about this is making the arm a bit bigger, not too big or it will be an ape dragon, adding depth to the neck area would help with the perspective the artist is trying to accomplish, adding a bit darker colors would help alot. This picture is great work if the artist is a beginner.

Critique 2

the proportions on the face is a bit off, the eyes look a bit doll like, the lips look a bit too look from the nose but something that may help is making the eyes look at the viewer or at some imaginary ball outside of the image, the ear should only go down to the bottom of where the nose ends, its too big, the jaw is a bit malformed unless its the style the artist was going for, in this case it was a pixar-like face structure

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/11/2009 16:40:19 >
AQ  Post #: 248
10/13/2009 19:40:45   
Fozi

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n387/Fozip2/romeodraftmedievalh.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n387/Fozip2/elmo.jpg

Ill be doing pencil hand-drawing, mostly manga.

Colors flow with the theme of the picture, for me, an internal battle. The colors are similar to spideys outfit and the lighting (along with the actual lightning) suggests that spidey is in pain. He blends with the picture and works well with the enviroment. Also, the blurry body makes me feel as if it was a slow motion picture. The liquid running all over him seems to be rain, which works nicely with the "pain" part. All in all, pretty good, although i'd correct some things such as the black outline. It ruins the blending effect. And another thing I would change are the colors of spideys suit, you know, put it right, with the blue zones on the sides, it helps for a contrast, I think.

Wham! I can almost feel the heat of the explosions, as the lighting and render are really intense. The whole picture gives a sense of war, which is exactly what Iron Man opposes to and it generates some kinf of psychological contrast. The colours match IM's armor, and I feel as if he was breathing heavily, probably generated by all the smoke whirlng around him. The markings on the armor could have been done better, but they get to transmit the message they're supposed to: i'm tired, but I wont quit, which is reinforced by the fighting stance. Again, a really good picture, but I still don't like the black border.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 10/27/2009 18:17:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 249
10/15/2009 4:08:42   
RE:stopstartgo!
Banned

pieceONE
pieceTWO

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/naruto-1.png
well this incorporates an interesting smudging effect, however I dislike the way it's blurred it's self over the focal character. The orange the the left of the character's head overlaps his hair, however the colour clashes, and it is the only instance in which this happens and seems out of place. Similar overlapping colours cause a loss in depth particularly on the left side. On the other hand, there is a very nice fire-themed colour scheme, which matches the character's yellow hair and red eyes. It feels like there's a little lacking in the aim of the signature other than a showcase of (smudging) effects, however portrays a nice scene of a boy in flames superimposed upon a red background. Personally I dislike the composition and think it would look better if the focal character was moved up a little and find the text a little distracting and clashing with the general flow and feel of the piece.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/desire.jpg
This tag is entitled desire and seems to try and provoke it. It throws an animated character into the foreground, which like most marketing campaigns, is a female trying to cause feelings of lust in order to advertise it. She is backed by a calm colour of yellow, and is contrasted a lush, mellow pink-ish purple. There are some pixels in the background, keeping it from being solid and static, however there is a lack of depth, and a large contrast between the textures of the drawn paper-ish character and the more textured background she is placed upon. Such creates two layers, a slightly 3D backdrop, and a cardboard cut-out girl in the foreground, creating arguably more depth than the previous tag, but still a flatter texture. Most of the lines do draw in to the character and therefore the piece is focuses very well, creating a nice balance between the text and the character.

quote:

Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition