Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2009 12:15:53   
loll

My art examples :
First art
Second art

It is not as good as the other put it is pretty good.Colors are very good they blend in with pics.I whould like it more when colors behind him were smoother and I dont like these strange things in front of him they ruin picture for me.This picture whould definetly need some more work.Put if I gome back colors behind him ,they are making guy look more powerful and awesome .

This is definetly a piece of art , all fits together.Colors are selected pervectly and that guy there he looks you and he is thinking something good because he has a litlle smile on is face .If you look at this picture you will see that artist has blend him in with background and that hads an awesome effect to this picture.I personally think that this work does not need any more details or more work on it .

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C. I don't want a summary of the piece, I want criticism on what makes it good and what can be improved on it.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/10/2009 16:05:20 >
Post #: 301
12/10/2009 19:28:19   
Thano9

Edit:Omg didn't think i was going to get in thx so much!

Here are some of my pictures of art, (I mostly do AQW art)

My Picture 1

My Picture 2

I like this picture very much because it shows a nice blend of warm color's and creates a fiery effect on me, adding that a I very much love the color red it experienced a happy feeling for me that my favorite color is just about the whole picture. I think they chose a nice render of that anime character because the fiery flow of his look blends in with the background. Something I disliked about this is the text that the creator rendered, even though it matches the fiery flow of the picture's colors, the text blends in to much and causes to disorient the text making the viewer unable to read it. It is very nice but if I were the maker and I had a chance to redo it I would change the text to another color like white.

Here is another picture that I now have to criticize. I very much like the lush dark feeling of this picture because it demonstrates the acknowledgment that the person who made this blended the render of the person Link into a similar background that matches his dark mysterious feeling that he has. It also shows a nice light source coming from this swampy background, what I altogether like about this picture is that is generates a lush, mysterious and secretive feeling. Something I dislike about this picture is that on Link's right shoulder he has some very exotic flow of texture that is looks like he has been hit by something and is spurting something like green fire or radiating a power of some kind which does not match the flow of Link or his background because it has a very bright flow on it unlike everything else which is very dark.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved :D

< Message edited by Thano9 -- 12/11/2009 17:14:04 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 302
12/12/2009 5:17:16   
JHShadon

I don't know if this is allowed or not but I want to make pokemon fusions and you should also tell me the places where I can set it up for I'm not sure anyone has done this before on these forums.

Image 1
Image 2

Not approved. Where is your C&C on two images?

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/12/2009 15:52:21 >
AQ  Post #: 303
12/12/2009 20:15:06   
zhadowofthenight

These are 2 of my AQW projects. I'm not the best artist but I'm an Flash Animator.

Zhadowofthenight Wandao
Sword Of The Butterfly

This picture give me peace, and at same time a slow music sensation. The special background light over dark effect and the guitar on his hand, make it like a music start on a peace and love place. The picture reflect an special passion of the girl with the music, slow music. I love music and this image show the best part of it.

This one reflect a wild rock effect, but background has got nature aspect, because the green color give me that impresion. Is a good fusion: the raged rock actitud, and the green nature. It turn a crazy action, like the picture show, into a good environment.

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your C&C - read the first post in this thread.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/13/2009 21:25:09 >

ZHADOWOFTHENIGHT :D
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 304
12/13/2009 4:33:20   
CharonTheShadow

Example One
Example Two

Image One
An interesting design for a concept piece. However, if this is to be considered a true piece, it should be cleaned up a bit. Most of the 3D aspect of the drawing seems accurate, even though it may be a little sketchy. The laser needs work, because it doesn't fit in with the rest of the drawing, which gives the art a broken feeling. A little work and maybe some color and this could shape up nicely.

Image Two
Very nice line art on this piece. Since all of the lines are similar in darkness and none of them look rushed, this gives off a very unified feeling. Great detail on the wings without really going overboard with the lines. The eyes seem a little small, but that might've been an artistic decision, so they're fine. Try not to use lined paper though, as it makes your art less professional looking. All in all, a great piece.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/15/2009 18:32:03 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 305
12/15/2009 0:10:17   
Wandering_Drakel

Finally getting around to doing this...

Sig 1
Sig 2

I'll mostly be doing signature/avatar work and commenting on galleries. I run Photoshop.
--

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/BradPittV1.png

This sig is visually appealing to me and it's apparent a lot of effort went into it. That said, there are a few things you could work on. Firstly, the background is slightly chaotic. It confuses the image as a whole. This is combatted by the blue glow around the cig, however it doesn't work well enough I don't think. The image still comes across as "busy" to me. Additionally, it lacks a border - a one pixel stroke around the edge would both tie in the image as a whole, and possibly work to focus the piece in regards to the aforementioned busyness.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/desire.jpg

Again, not bad on the whole. Sound. One thing that stands out to me is the nice use of faded line around the name. Quite appealing. A few things to work on are overall size - it's a bit small and hard to see, and render quality. For one thing, the hair on the left is standing out at a strange angle. I'm not sure if that's from rendering it strangely or if that is actually how the girl looked, but either way it's a bit awkward. Maybe smooth the hair out with a feathered eraser to achieve more of a soft curve? Secondly, on the right side of her head it looks to me like you added a drop shadow. On the whole, the sig gives off a 3-D look, except for this one place. The shadow works against the 3-D and gives the render an almost "cardboard cutout" look, clashing with the rest of the sig.
--

W_D

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/15/2009 18:32:25 >
DF AQW  Post #: 306
12/18/2009 6:47:18   
pinterati

Staff of triangularity
Headcracker

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/24gkqvr.jpg
This is an awful design for a robot, I must say.The legs may need a little fix. Their upper parts have the same inclination angle, however, the robot is not in front of the viewer. This makes it look a little knock-kneed. There are some left out lines from the designing , these should be deleted.Do this, and maybe a little shape up, and it will be nicely done.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png
This is a very well done character with the face, which is prepared with meticulous care. His neck is little long for the other parts of the body, but its inconspicuous. His legplate is flat at his knees, this will hurt him, when he walks. I think you should made it a little more protuberant. Expect this, its a nicely done character.

P.S.:
I'm Hungarian, sorry for my typos and mistakes.

Not approved - the tone of your first sentence on C&C number 1 seems extremely harsh.

Edit: My lord, I really need to buy a BIG dictionary. I thought awful is a word of a very good impression. You do not need to forgive me, just delete this post, its so embarrassing.

< Message edited by pinterati -- 12/19/2009 6:19:12 >
Post #: 307
12/19/2009 6:45:58   
Neokido

Example 1
Example 2

I like this picture because it has a message that tells us about the woman, the background shows that she has a good side to her but also a bad side. The word 'GAZE' can catch your eyes because of it's bright glow. The woman makes you stare at her because she's staring at you. But then the 'INTO THE DEPTHS' is thin, it needs a slight bolding. And the blank space on the left should be filled up

In this image the character, who is called Link, really stands out because he's slightly luminous and the background is darker than him. Also I've noticed the bold border around the image which makes it stand out more. No improvements needed, it's fine the way it is.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/20/2009 15:47:43 >
Post #: 308
12/19/2009 7:36:15   
pinterati

Second try, now with a dictionary on my side

Staff of triangularity
Headcracker

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/24gkqvr.jpg
This is a spectacular design for a robot, I must say.The legs may need a little fix. Their upper parts have the same inclination angle, however, the robot is not in front of the viewer. This makes it look a little knock-kneed. There are some left out lines from the designing , these should be deleted.Do this, and maybe a little shape up, and it will be nicely done.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png
This is a very well done character with the face, which is prepared with meticulous care. His neck is little long for the other parts of the body, but its inconspicuous. His legplate is flat at his knees, this will hurt him, when he walks. I think you should made it a little more protuberant. Expect this, its a nicely done character.

P.S.:
I'm Hungarian, sorry for my typos and mistakes.
Post #: 309
12/19/2009 20:26:26   
Laken

This is the artwork that i would post
1. http://i48.tinypic.com/2zoybkm.jpg
2. http://i50.tinypic.com/29ekr2b.jpg

Image one: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/c4dtagv2.png

I found the detail in the hair amazing, and very precise, I love how you can see a sense of power in the eyes ,and how she(?) is staring off into the distances at some far off obsticale, and clearness in the face. I also love how the back ground drags you into the picture the lines lead you to the center focus which is her face. Though I would have changed the blockish looks underneath the "Chapter 2". Espcally the one in the bottom right corner, it kinda looks more like a mistake then artistic placing.

Image two: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/TasteV1.png

"Taste" seems like a very fitting name for this picture. you can see the enjoyment of the item she is eating, espically with the white elluminating lines behind her coming at the observer it shows the content of the female on what she is eating. In my opinion what would have made this picture really catch my attention would have been if maybe, you colored the female in the center and kept the back ground black and white, that way it draws the attention to the center item. instead of having it almost blend in with the back ground.

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/20/2009 15:18:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 310
12/20/2009 16:43:51   
Severan

Two artworks I would post:
http://twitpic.com/nts2p
http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t337/Seraphimon57/Image421-1-1.jpg

Image one: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg
This is a wonderful piece of artwork. It is very detailed, and has great shading. The dentist and the drool needs more detail. Also, the dentist looks like it was just put in there instead of being an actual part of the art. The neck looks a little bit large. I can tell that a lot of time was put into making this, and I must say, great job.

Image two: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/24gkqvr.jpg
The robot looks a little bulky. The cannons look small, I say make it bigger. The energy blade stood out to me because it's lighter than the rest of the robot. There are also some extra lines that can be erased on the feet. But other than this, the robot is very nicely done.

Not approved - A) The link to your second image does not work. B) Please review C&C guidelines and strategies in the link found on the first post.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/22/2009 15:00:35 >
Post #: 311
12/20/2009 21:46:16   
metamaster

Example 1: Gaara
Example 2: Deadpool

This is quite a good image. The artist blended the two main colors well, and the lighting shines at a good angle on Link.
Also, the shapes in the background seem pleasing, and they remind me of some of the actual scenery of Twilight Princess.
But I think that the render could've been moved slightly to either side. I also think that it's...missing something. :/

This image is good. The colors in the background go well with the colors in the render.
The person that made this also used the smudge tool well and creatively. That stuff in the corner (which may or may not be text) actually adds a lot to the tag even if it is small.
But that blotch of color on the right side, in my opinion, isn't very good for the image. It seems like the person decided not to finish it.
Other then that, it's amazing.

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/22/2009 15:17:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 312
12/21/2009 18:09:00   
Shadow Samurai

• [Image 1]

• [Image 2]
      [Image 1] (click for image)

This piece is very good but in my opinion is very revealing but is blended very well. The text in the bottom left hand corner is very well and goes with the colour scheme of the skin. The simple use of colours are appealing and create a simple but effective feel about the piece. The effects on the right give a nice effect which make the woman seem as though she is "jumping" out of the tag. To improve I would suggest including more of a background and taking some of the black out of the left hand side of the tag.

[Image 2] (click for image)

This tag is very nice as it uses a simple scheme of colours, these reflect a mood and atmosphere which go well with the person. The text isnt out of place but is to small to read. To improve this I would move it to the right hand side and imlarge it. I also think that there is an absence of space on the right hand side and could do with some more C4Ds. I also appears that by the text a bit is cut out. I do not know if this is intensional. To improve I suggest adding a bit more depth as it is a bit 2d.

~SS

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/22/2009 14:54:18 >
  • Post #: 313
    12/23/2009 10:17:28   
    Soulhunter Lee

Artwork 1(Well many weps in it)
    Artwork2
    I want to do SketchGallery and comment other people's work :)

Hmm...Very artistical work...fits nicely to the background.First thing i see of course is that dude from Naruto. It looks very like he's coming out of the picture. Very realistic. Background is maybe too dark from the right side.Background from left side, There's nothing. I don't like if somewhere's nothing. Try to make something to left side. And those flames on the background(or are those flames) could maybe show bit clearly at the background.That writing thingy... u see it very clearly from the pic. Anyways very nice pic. I'll say 8/10.

That robot dude... u see it first from the pic. Robot looks very good but... the background. It's very unclear, i mean something "choppy" if you understand. The light at up on the background... lesser light and it would be better to watch. Or maybe first i see the "choppyness" on the pic.Near the robot dude, example look left, u can see it. Maybe it's meant to be like that but it doesn't look so good. I mean it's so choppy if you see. Make it better and i will love it! It's great pic but that "choppyness", "remove" it. Otherwise awesome artistic. This maybe 7.5/10.

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C. Please read the first post - there is a link regarding it.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/27/2009 13:56:44 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 314
    12/24/2009 12:31:09   
    Daan_AQ_rules

Example 1
    Example 2

Image 1

I'm a fond of Mecha-related items, so for me it's a very nice drawing. I think the legs are done very well not to detailed and a very well done parallellism (It doesn't look like the one leg is bigger then the other).
    I'd liked to see the body part a bit better worked out, but the base is very good, so that won't be very hard, just minor details.
    The arms are nice, though a bit more shading on the shoulder would make it a bit more defined.
    Then the back-mounted guns and shoulder-mounted rocketlaunchers are a nice touch to the overall military-looking design.
    Good job. Overall points 8/10.

Image 2

What first caught my eye was the realism of the dragon. It looks like it comes to life. Great job.
    The dragon has good shading, but I'd like it to have a bit darker contoures, so you can see the shape and details of the head more precisely.
    For the rest, I really like the little dentist saying: "I can see you don't floss." Love that humoristic touch.
    Very good job. Overall points 9/10.

Your photobucket album is private and I cannot see the images you posted.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/27/2009 14:01:34 >

Post #: 315
    12/25/2009 3:48:21   
    The Legendary d4

PICTURE #1
    PICTURE #2

I really like how the woman stare at you,she is an a very visible position,we can directly tell where is the light coming from.On the right side it's brightness is not balanced on the left because maybe the image is telling us that we have a good side and a bad side.On the left side the combination of the light and the render make it smooth and soft.
    About the object behind the woman,at first i thought its a bar or blade but as i stare to it,I can see an island, so its a picture that is tilted and i can say that it is sundown at that time cause of the light color next to her hair,and the light on the left side is reflecting on the picture.
    The text also catches my eye cause its kind of big and its really attracting my eye to look at him,he needs to be more smaller and also the text below it,it can hardly read cause it too small and a bit blurry it need to be more bigger.And i cant understand what does the block of yellow on the far left mean,but if it could be more darker and a bit and there is no gap between him and the background of the piece we could say that it is the source of light.
    The piece is really awesome its like the image is not edited,you cant see any gap or separation in each character.,.
    my vote:9/10

Naruto is my favorite animae.
    First those letters really catches my cause im really curious what do they mean or details they give but it seems they are not letters,they could use some different color so it will be a readable text.The background fits to the character cause his eyes are red and his hair is yellow,so if we combine the red and yellow in our imagnations it creates fire and the pattern/brush that the artist used is good but it would have been better if he use flame cause on my sight its only a smoke.
    On the left side there is a free space there,the artist should continue the smudging effect so i will look like air/wind is blowing to the left.We can say that the light is coming from the right.
    I really like the way the edges of the character fades,its like the wind is blowing him and he will fade with the air/wind.Its a great piece
    my vote; 9.7/10

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved :)

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/27/2009 14:07:04 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 316
    12/26/2009 2:51:12   
    Artemisia
    Savant

EDIT: I really appreciate it Personator!!!

[Image One]

[Image Two]

As a Russian, I am not completly familair with this icon Spider Man. However, it only adds onto the level of neutrality I feel towards it. For starters, this image captures the Rule of Thirds well. While off-center, it still manages to capture a lot of empty space. More detail from the lightning, or perhaps more of the red lines (towers?) could be added to support the high level of suspence that the image portrays. I find it unclear as to what is going on, and the red is heavily emplied to create a darker look. I could be wrong, but it would seem that the vibe of this image is of a chaotic nature, as the red ooze is seeping into or out of his skin. A huge flaw, however, are the huge borders. These borders don't compliment the central piece, and take attention away, leaving distraction.

My first impression is that this one is an improvement. It would seem that the explosions in the background are adding more chemistry to the overall theme then that of the storm. The colors are a bit less bold, but in this case it would seem to have worked out. The atmosphere created to me what would seem less a vibe of chaos, as above, but more of a vibe of redemption, or perhaps revenge? The chemistry is clear, and the use of filling up empty space makes it very well done. Though it violates the Rule of Thirds, the image shows that the rule is noticed, and intentionally left out, creating a more pleasing display. The problem with the borders still exists, however, the more varied colors somewhat compliment it, making it only a minor flaw.

Approved :D

< Message edited by Xusha -- 12/27/2009 14:06:06 >
    AQ AQW  Post #: 317
    12/27/2009 5:22:59   
    Haliphax_404

This something that i will post in gallery....

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1261925320

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1261650628

CC:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/RememberTagV1.png

First, i want to tell that this great signature really give me impression about 'what kinda world that this man had to live?' the shattered world as a background behind the character tell us what kind of devastating power that this man had to face. the light color is pretty matching with background and the character armor that facing the light is show that man that there are still hope left in this shattered world. thats make "hope" the most suitable theme in this signature.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Disorder.jpg

Express the music!!! that the theme for this signature. the dark background with some building and a sparks show us the world that woman had to live on, and the woman with the guitar really give impression "i want to show u my world!" that mostly shown in how she play her guitar especially the spark in the handle when she begun to play it. this is really great signature but there something that catch my attention.... the character blur, its ruining the harmony between the background and the women in front of it. signature is suppose to be clear and sharp so people can see it clearly despite the size of image that relatively small

waw YAY! thank you personator~

< Message edited by Haliphax_404 -- 12/28/2009 0:52:50 >
    Post #: 318
    12/27/2009 16:03:44   
    Laos

re done , made easier to understand , by order of personater

picture 1
    picture 2

The colours here in this picture are just right. You've got a great range of light colours and dark colours. and ,they really work with the render. i really like , also how the colours are used to show the atmosphere in the picture, and when you look at it , it makes you feel warm inside . i also feel , that when i look at , im there , and that the iron man is runnig towars me , which shows tells me , the picture, has great depth .
    i feel the picture could have had writing on it, but nevertheless , its a great sig - 8/10

this is a great sig , it gives me the impression , im in a dream , this is becasue , there are dream-like colours in the foreground , that really bring the atomsphere to life . in the picture she looks sad , and lonely , the background of ' space ' goes really well , with the dreamlike forground , and the sad , imressions you get upon seeing her
    the writing goes really well, its not too bold , or not to faint , and the perfect colour , to go with the picture
    overall this is a outstanding picture, and i would give it 9/10

quote:

Not approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/30/2009 16:44:06 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 319
    12/28/2009 3:05:20   
    Master Champ

Galanoth
    Axel
    I mainly use Photoshop Elements 8 but will occasionly use Paint.Net or MSPaint.

The first thing I thought when I looked at this is that he is enraged. The intense red and lightning just really seemed to say that he has just become horribly angry. From the water that is coming off his body it is clear that it is raining, possibly storming which would explain the lightning. The way he is standing seems to imply that he is screaming to the sky at least that is the impression I got. He is possibly being beaten or something awful has just happened and he was unable to stop it. Spider-Man himself is highly detailed how ever the color is very close to that of the background it feels like there is no color distinction between him and the background. The background while impressive is quite confusing. It gives no hint as to where he is. It seems that the background is a storm, the majority of it looking like fog or clouds. The lightning does seem to back-up the storm theory. However, what is the liquid coming off (on?) spiderman? It could be rain. Although it reminds me of the Third movie and the strange ooze that transformed him into "Black Suit Spider-Man". The border is distracting and takes away from the overall emphasis of the picture, drawing attention away from the image itself. Overall 7.5/10 The colors between Spidey and the background are far to similar, The background itself is ominous but gives no hint as to wear this is taking place besides during a storm, the border is just out of place and distracting, but the overall emotion and feel to the image almost seems to radiate off the screen.

I will start with the Pae itself. The gecko is very bright and detailed the green explodes of the page. The eyes seem to imply that it has something devious on its mind and the evil grin adds to that feel even more so. It appears that there are water droplets on its skin and it has turned to look towards the screen. The background is also a brilliant, radiant green and looks as if the gecko is stand on a pile of green leaves or possibly on tree. The background also has good color contrast to that of the gecko. When combined the two really bring out the best in each other (the gecko and background). The Text fits the feel of the image but just seems to have been placed there by random and takes attention away from the background. It would have been better to put the text as on line running across the top or bottom of the image. Overall 9/10 the gecko and background go hand in hand giving a bright, energetic feel. However the text takes away from the overall feel of the image and would have been better left out or as I said above, on line across the top or bottom.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/30/2009 16:31:22 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 320
    12/28/2009 20:40:39   
    Alaina
    Legendary AdventureGuide!

Example 1
    Example 2

In this image I like the fact how the girl playing the guitar is so inspired she seems to be making sparks come from it. The slight smile on her face is saying that she's happy about it. I like the red glow around the guitar. It seems to be stating passion, because to me red means passion. I would have liked to have seen different colors besides red in the image. It would have been a good contrast from the glowing. I would have also liked the girl to seem more brighter and not so hidden. She seems to enjoy playing her guitar even as the sky falls down around her as well.

I like this image a lot just because there is no romance at all. It's more like she's thinking about it deeply, possibly dreaming of the concept. The background around the girl is total chaos and you don't actually get a clear picture of what is going on. It makes it more mysterious and makes you wonder what she's actually thinking about. I get the feeling she is thinking about her life and maybe how her own romantic life is in utter chaos. The colors in the image go well. It's almost a rustic feel, as if the girl has been there a while. She might could have stood out a little more, but overall this image seems almost perfect.

quote:

Thanks Personater! :D

< Message edited by Alaina -- 12/30/2009 19:24:40 >
    AQW  Post #: 321
    12/29/2009 23:03:08   
    The Doctor

Permafrost This was a weapon design for AdventureQuest Worlds.

Bluejay This was a shield that I had thought of for Adventure Quest.

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/workerzc1.png)

On the first image, I believe that the style of near complete gray is bold, but the gold hilt of the blade tends to distract the eye away from the armor itself. The red seems somewhat out of place against the gray, but the gold complements the gray, or silver. It is a nice color combination overall. The eyes are somewhat blurred, and a bit hard to see. They aren't noticed at first, and the eye seems to think that the image's eyes are fully white. The shadow on the face compliments the gray. A very good image all in all. The worker seems proud, bold, but a bit troubled by whatever reason. It makes one wonder...

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png)

On the second image, I believe that the armor seems a bit blood crazed, but it compliments the red. The bullet holes in the mask makes you think that he has been in a few hard fights. The entire scheme of burning red catches the eye at once, but the background would distract from the armor to some people. Perhaps the background color could be darkened a bit as to compliment the blood-crazed scheme, and also to not distract from the armor.

I seem to have misplaced the links for both of the images. Found them.

Approved. :)

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/30/2009 16:46:54 >
    Epic  Post #: 322
    12/30/2009 16:43:41   
    Dark_Slayer_54

image 1
    image 2

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/c4dtagv2.png
    The image could of been nicer if it was slightly larger, and the purple scrap in the middle/bottom of the image seems to have been accidentally placed there. However, the hair is great, and it sits on top of the image without any visible sign of error. The girl in the picture looks strong, and looks like a warrior. The metal scraps in the background match the girl perfectly.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/PaintingGirl.png
    I think its great, the image itself seems sad. The golden/yellow clothes don't match the purple background, but this was corrected with the lighter background colors. Which i think it makes the image much better. The girl looks like she's bored, tired and sad, and the background seems sad and in pain. I can't see anything i dislike about the image.

Not approved - please work on your C&C. The first post contains a link to a thread that will explain C&C.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/31/2009 17:34:34 >
    Post #: 323
    12/31/2009 10:25:49   
    Lord Marius

First of all i made this: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7568/lichp.png (click to open)

And i also made this: http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7150/chaosarmor.png (click to open)

and now for the critism:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Morning-Dancer.png (click to open)

I liked this one, the colours works well together, for example the text in the left corner looks good whit the colour of the woman's skin,
    However if u want to improve it, i suggest using lesser blur and add a little more light in the left corner.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/naruto-1.png (click to open)

This tag is good. The colors in the background goes well with the colors in the render, and in the right corner the backround woks well together whit the eyes.
    However to improve i belive u could change the colours of the ''text'' to a little lighter colour like white.
    quote:

Not approved. Please read the post about C&C on the first page. Please do not edit out my edit either. Make a new post.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/1/2010 13:54:54 >
    DF MQ  Post #: 324
    12/31/2009 10:55:54   
    Sam :3

My work: http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx329/enslade/enslade.png
    my work2: sword

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/c4dtagv2.png

To me, the render fit's the background perfectly, though i do not get, why it say's chapter 02 there, it distracts me, from seeing the picture and makes me wonder why it is there,for i have not played the game that this was taken from, instead of appreciating the actual artwork as a whole, i think the background is very well done, with the lighting fitting the scene perfectly, as i am a flash artist not a graphic artist, i do not know what you did to make that lighting so perfect but, whatever you did, it worked for me.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/LinkWip.png

Wow this is one heck of a good piece, the scenery fit's the render perfectly, though on link i think He should be a bit brighter, to go for a more joyful effect, but i see that him being darker and more mysterious give's it that edge, that make's it so eye-gripping, you could add some text to make it better, and to describe what it is actually about.

quote:

Not approved. Please speak with me in PM for reasons. ~Personater

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/31/2009 17:56:06 >
    Post #: 325
    Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
    Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition