Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 5 of 15«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/25/2009 8:04:33   
ashje

1. My Work
------------------
Tensa Zangetsu
Blast Burn
I do more than tags, however, they are my best work. More of my work can be found on other forums but I won't post the name because it could count as advertising. I use PhotoShop CS4 for my tags, etc and MS Paint for my sprite and pixel art.

2. Constructive Criticism
-----------------------------

This is a nice example of a tag. It uses a nice, calm colour scheme which matches the focal, however the render could blend more. Sadly, there is hardly any flow in this tag. Correct me if I am wrong but the little flow there is seems to be travelling in a South-East direction. A Motion Blur could have been added on low opacity to emphasise this. The lighting is slightly wrong on the bottom side of the guitar and could be easily fixed with a black air brush on Soft Light or an adjustment layer. Moving on to depth, there is a decent attempt here, but more C4Ds could have been used to give it that 3D look. Finally, the text. This is a style I sometimes use and is very nice in this tag. Very nice work.

This one, I like alot. And not just because Link is awesome. The cloud-like background works very well with the focal point. And the render actually blends, hoorah! The lighting works here and you can see it's source. Also, there is depth between Link and the dark areas surrounding him, which increases the level of this tag from good to advanced. However, with everything good, there is something bad. For example, the flow here, like the previous tag is very little but it seems to be going in a South-West direction. Another bad thing about this tag is that part of Link's blending is set to dissolve which completely ruins it. Linear Dodge on 40% Opacity is a good setting to go with. I use this sort of smudge-blending alot and I love this tag. Well done. =D

3. Oathy-Quotey Thing
----------------------------
quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Thanks XD

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:24:52 >
AQ DF  Post #: 101
4/25/2009 17:43:28   
Rayzer

My Work: (Plushies!)

Hand Drawn Plushie

Cysero Plushie

Constructive Criticism:

Where to start? Well, in the entire spectrum of things the colors are a bit too confusing for such a peaceful scene. The Tag is perfect until you get to the black smoke. For me, it's just a bit too dark for the entire scheme. From another perspective however, the size of this tag is perfect for the render because it makes the render stand out and not to fade into the background. Text-wise, your perfect. The text is a complete match for the light clouds and complements the entire tag. I would like it a bit better if there was a thicker border to create a sense of depth for the entire thing. I love that render you put in the middle of this tag. It adds a "nice guy" touch to the entire thing. Overall a very good tag, that just needs a bit of touching up color-wise and a border. =)

Very dark, almost too dark. The girl in the middle seems entranced by something so it makes it look very mysterious. The background, however, is way too busy. It's darkness actually, to me, takes away the beauty of the render of the girl. As I said previously the tag is a bit busy, and I'm not a fan of dark colors. That is a really beautiful render of a girl. Overall, I like it. It's an interesting spin from the last one that I saw, in a good way. Maybe a bit of a color change or take away some of the business for a more flowing tag/sig. This tag reminds me that in the darkness (your background) The most beautiful thing will always shine through!

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Thanks,
Rayzer

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:25:24 >
DF  Post #: 102
4/25/2009 20:28:17   
royce924

Work To be Posted in the Gallery.

CC
Image 1
Even though there is a good 3-Dimensional feeling in this there are some flaws that i would like to point out. On the left side ( The side with the paddles) and the back, the lines across the left side do not match up to the back like they should. Also, some of the planking at the back is crooked, bending down instead of being paralell with the bottom line.
The shading is very well done though, which along with its correct proportions, gives it an overall depth and perspective.

Image 2
This sprite is very clean but also quite small and pixelated. It would need to be enlarged for it to be useful. I recommend adding several different poses for easier spriting such as a running pose, a battle pose and several others. The colours are quite dull, most of it being a shade of grey or white which could be more colourful, maybe a bit of gold or red in the armor or cape. Overall, it is a very clean sprite, which is one of the essential factors of spriting, and I congratulate them because of this.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:26:40 >
Post #: 103
4/26/2009 14:43:09   
~Xeleron

1. My Work
------------------
First of all , i know how to handle flash CS3/4
here are to examples of what i can do [Both .Swf]

Purple Reaver - Sword

Metabee Armor(34% Done) - AQWorlds Armour

I really like this one ,how the Effects come out. The Spiderman Has some really strong colors that's very good.The lighting creates an an cool effect over the whole sig. But to be honest the background sucks an little bit since you only used some blurred clouds. Could have been an masterpiece if you worked an little bit more on the background. I like it how the shadowClouds come off the head of spiderman , just like the body. thats and very big Plus point .Overall i like it and i will give you an [8.5/10]

it's an pretty dark sig. The girl in the middle look very beautiful and looks an bit mysterious. The background an bit to messy because of the face on the right , an strange whiting spot on the left . It takes away the beauty of the girl. it's an really beautiful render of a girl. Overall, I like it. It's an interesting spin from the last one that I saw, in a good way. Maybe a bit of a color change or take away some of the business for a more flowing sig. AS i said previously , if you worked an little bit more you had deserve an better score [8.0/10]

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:27:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 104
4/27/2009 21:29:18   
vr11

Pic 1
Pic 2

This tag works pretty nice with the colors and the renders. The smudging of the sides of the render was a bit excessive but it worked out nice. The background itself is nice but the part at the bottom obscures the render a bit. The colors really flowed with the render with the smudging, I think that looks pretty nice.

This tag is nice but the render is a bit hidden because of the smoke. The background went very nicely with the tag and created a kind of plow between the render and the background which worked out even better because of the smoke and colors kind of made it seem 3D. The smoke and explosions show that Iron Man can destroy easily so it brings out his character.

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:28:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 105
4/28/2009 19:03:11   
Slayer

1. My Work

I mostly make tags, but I can also make banners. I use GIMP for both of them.

Example #1

Example #2

The first thing I noticed when I looked at the image was the smudge all around the render. The colors of the smudge sort of brought out the sense of rage inside of the character for me. The right side smudge really brought out the render, however the left side was overdone. The left red background of the image really didn't contrast with anything related to the render and also doesn't have any depth. I can notice that there's little light source and that the main one is in the text and the bottom right of the render. The text is obscured by the smudge and lighting which makes it very hard to read. The image would have improved by a lot if the maker added more depth to the left side like the right side. Overall it is a good image, but the maker should work on a more clear-perceptible text, an in-depth background and more light source. (7.5/10)

This is a very well-done tag. The contrast is perfect and matches with the render. The lighting brings out Link and gives a mysterious feel to it, the noise pick and smudge also gives me an idea that Link is some sort of immortal guardian. The background is also fantastic and blends in with the render, but I think that the flow of the background is sort of going against the render. It also seems like Link is about to face something dangerous and is making a difficult decision. Overall, it's very nice, but I would of changed the flow of the background and not put too much noise pick on the right side of Link. (9/10)

quote:

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:28:30 >
Epic  Post #: 106
4/30/2009 22:30:56   
Impactor

1.)My Hand Works

art1
art2

2.)Criticism

Well I was making a sig for my company"Vortex Productions"...Some say its cool but i see something that really seems to look bad(i dont know what it is)but the squares in the background makes it look so tech like(like our group)...The reflection under the vortex seems to add a mystic effect along with tech like effect...and the highlight on top makes it look solid than just flat. And the border is one nice touch a sig border...

xD...That guy over there is my teacher. He has been a really great teacher....so when we graduated i edit him this image....the sun on the back seems to put a nice supernova effect that is covered by the window border. and it seems to smudge good with the plasma effect I added. The highlight on the top smudge with the top border making it look solid.

3.)
quote:

hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. Check the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:29:15 >
Post #: 107
5/1/2009 6:53:23   
drDOT

• Tag 1
  • Tag 2

The colors look good and fit with the bright and the shadowy part of the render also with the color of the render itself . The render is a border between the light and dark . The colors are almost changed (much yellow , less pink in the left and much pink , less yellow in the right) and that shows the difference between good and evil / light and dark . The text match the rest of the tag very well but I think another color will be better . I think the best part of the tag is the crossing from light to dark . My question is why the yellow space is there because I don't see any use of it and I think it just waste space .

The dark colors look good with the render because it is mysterious and look like a ranger in middle of the night , deep in a forest . The render is the main part of the tag but the background colors are very important because they are only a little darker than the render and that makes the tag very appealing . The border is very hard to see and it don't improve the tag at all . I don't see any bad parts of the tag and I think the match between background colors and the render are the best thing of this work . The tag looks good and I don't see any way to improve it .

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:30:08 >
  • AQW  Post #: 108
    5/2/2009 10:02:04   
    necrolich66

1. pic1
    2. pic2

if it's aproved i will do a gallery of edited pics and sigs with
    jokes or texts who have to do with the one who has the sig

is it like it have to be?

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:30:36 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 109
    5/2/2009 12:41:46   
    RyuRoni
    Banned

image 1
    image 2

1) i will mostly draw aqw characters and such

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png

Cc: In my opinion this picture is kind of wierd. The person looks too stiff. It looks like a statue, it should have more animation.
    Also the body parts are just a little too skinny making the person look too small.
    The things that i like are the colors. They blend well together and just look nice. Also how
    the texture is. It looks natural and good
    7/10
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg

Cc: Ok first I like this drawing. I like the pose of the dragon and how it looks. I like how it looks like it is looking at you.
    I like the attention to detail on everything, especially the tail. Now for the not so great stuff. I think that it could use more
    shading. It would give it even more detail. Also if the body would have looked a little bigger it would have made it more realistic.
    Overall good drawing.
    8/10

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/3/2009 19:30:58 >
    DF  Post #: 110
    5/3/2009 20:07:51   
    vr11

Okay, second try!

Pic 1

Pic 2

This signature looks nice overall, but the rectangle floating to the right is a bit weird and gives an odd feel. The render fit very nicely with the background creating a flow between them. The tag is a bit cluttered in the background but the render stood out and drew the attention away from the clutter. For the text, it stood out very nicely with the white color but it didn't put too much contrast from the background, I like how the "02" was overlapping the other text a bit and gave it a tiny bit of a 3D feel. I think it would have been better without the random ends of stuff, like how a bit to the bottom left of the text it becomes overlapped and makes it look weird.

This signature worked out really nicely, the render and the background seemed to match because looking at the render you get the feeling hes the kind of person who does graffiti and the background has some graffiti in it. I think if there was text added it could add a nice addition if the right font was used and maybe a simple border could make it from cool to awesome. I really liked the smudging in the bottom right corner but on the left it came out kinda weird. The color scheme was really nice for a bit of contrast and the graffiti and a tiny bit on the render to blend without smudging so there isn't too much smudging. The tag itself is a bit empty but the graffiti fixed it a bit.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:33:28 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 111
    5/4/2009 12:30:02   
    necrolich66

1. pic1
    2. pic2

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

???? what isn't good?

new one

1.[http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu88/necrolich/evilsigwewillserve.jpg]pic1[/link]

it's a AQW edited pics like most of my pics it's an AE edited pic

2. pic2

an edited pic of MQ made with a lot of other pics to make you think i use the stone mech

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:34:00 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
    5/5/2009 20:37:22   
    Syrena

My Artwork: Note: Click on the picture for a zoom in for better quality
    Chibis Galore
    Remmy, a NPC suggestion

Comments and Critisizm:

This is an excellent drawing. i like the fact that you toke the time to shade the dragon and i lol'd at the dentists dialogue. However, you could have finished the lower portion of the dragon and if you're going to make a detailed drawing like this then you should have done a better job on the dentist. Overall its a really good drawing

Caininerr

This is a good image but its kind of hard to make it out. I am unable to see it, maybe you should make it a zoom in. But what i can make out is that it seems to be a fish warrior. I like the fact that you made it look like it was striking something other than just stand there doing nothing. But is the lower hand suppose to be a fist or is that his lower hand? Overall i have to say this is okay, just zoom it in because that might make a big difference.

quote:

oh please oh please tell me that i'm approved ~Syrena

Approved. Keep working on your CC.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:35:33 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
    5/8/2009 18:10:32   
    Braska

1. Here are two of my favorite edits
    NPC Braska
    Escherion Signature

2. Alt Image 1 Brad Pitt:
    The blue really brings out a mysterious feel about the signature, which is great! The signature fits together perfectly, and Brad's face isn't even blurred out. You should try to find a different pose of Brad, as he looks almost as if he is sucking his thumb. Try adding some more blue glow, as it really brought out the picture. With that said, the signature is a work of art.
    Alt Image 2 Romance Sig:
    The edit was great! The red truly brings out the grunge-ish romance. It really works good with your render. The colors smoothly blend with your render, and the font isn't too dark or too bright either. You should try adding a dark red border around the signature, which would make it better. Also, try making it a little longer, and add another picture of the same girl in a different pose with 50% opacity. Overall, a great signature that I love.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:35:54 >
    Post #: 114
    5/9/2009 2:47:05   
    GFXRandy

Approval Request for the Gallery (GFXRandy)

Art Examples:

Signature [Large Canvas Size]

Large Art

Please click

Advanced Constructive Criticism

Immediately in this art piece I notice the light blue lighting. This is a lovely effect which highlights the focal highly efficiently. Lighting can make or break an art piece. In this piece, the artist needs to keep in mind the directional lighting on the stock of Brad Pitt. In this stock image, the light source is from the West. Therefore, his light source should be placed more to the left side of this tag. It is not noticeable to the untrained eye, and should not be seen as a mistake. Lighting is only one of the many essential variables in making digital art. The artist did a great job of choosing the lighting color. It accents the stock’s skin color very well. Drawing the viewer’s eyes slowly to the focal rather than an abrupt switch of focus. The artist has only one other minor fault, and that is the flow. Notice the vector abstract pattern on the coat? His whole theme should have matched with that. Instead, the artist went with a grunge smudge effect. It works, but it isn’t well suited for this tag. To effectively learn from this tag, the artist needs to keep in mind lighting and composition. Taking in all elements of the stock before starting will help this artist succeed. This is a lovely piece none the less.

Ahh, good old black and white. A classic indeed. Right away, the artist utilized the stock’s environment extremely well. Lighting on this tag fits so nicely and accents the ladies highlights in her hair, adding to the focal and drawing the viewer in. The small white light in front of her head is the key to this tag. I see that the lady is looking upward puzzled. So instinctively I wonder what she was looking at… the light in front of her suggests a light source or a glowing object overhead. Explaining what this tag is all about. The composition is flawless. The complimentary floral design on the wall is a nice background for such a pose and induces this sort of trance on the viewer. If I were the artist, I would have chosen not to include the smudging on the lower left and right sides of the image. The artist may have been trying to cover something up on the stock but I am not sure… It throws off the flow of the image quite a bit and could be taken out. The final excellent part of the tag is the blurred silhouette. Almost like a bird floating above. As if the lady is gazing above at a life form. It brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the tag and completes it very well. I would have liked to see a cinematic border on this on though. None the less, an excellent tag.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:36:21 >
    Post #: 115
    5/9/2009 5:27:53   
    DOOMKID

Approval Request for Gallery. (3rd time lucky...)

Example one: <---------- This, I think, is my best sig yet.

Example two: <-------------- This is my first sig.

The Constructive Criticism Now:

Now, This sig is one of my favorites because the artist has given it a very quirky look. The boy's eyes are wide open, which give him a look of surprise. The hoodie and the cap give him a gangster kind of look. The graffiti contrasts with the sig because , as I said before, he looks a bit like a gangster. The splodges in the background are pretty good, but they could have been better placed, because some of it covers the render. The render is placed correctly. 9.5 out of ten because of the splodge problem.

This is a very sexy and sensual image. The girl looks pretty hot. The background looks a bit like a scene of chaos as the colors totally mix up. The smoky background makes it look as if the lady is having a shower. The hair is falling carelessly to the sides. Her face looks careless. The render and background are extremely hot. It also shows that the artist is very bold. It is a well-made, extremely sexy signature.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:37:58 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 116
    5/11/2009 22:00:38   
    sueprtony

1) I will mostly just make edits and customs of AQW

Picture 1
    Picture 2

2)
    When I first look at this image, the first thing I notice is the dragon because of its contrast to its surroundings. I can see that the dragon was the most worked on due to its shading and texture. The dragon was drawn with much rhythm as its strokes are repeated. I can see the artist has mixed humour with beauty. The humour of a dentists looking into the dragon's mouth was originial as nobody would dare go near a dragon. However, the artist has damaged the balance of this piece by putting all the focus onto the left side where the dragon's head and dentist is, I recommend he should've added wings to the right side so the piece would be balanced and evenly spaced. Apart from the balance the drawing is very well drawn because I can easily see the dragon is the main purpose of this drawing. I give this a 9.5/10

This image has balance all over it, the battle scene has balance because there are people facing off at opposite ends of the field of view. The blank face on the enemy gives an air of mystery. The armour is well created, but Dragonfable was not suited for that type of amour and this does not fit in. I can feel the movement in this scene because i have to look back and forth at the squad and the enemy. I believe there is too much emphasis on the archer at the back of the squad because she does not fit well with the other members of the squad. She stands out to much in the back and I cannot focus on the two members in the front. Overall I give this an 8/10

quote:

~Sueprtony

Appproved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:38:40 >
    Post #: 117
    5/12/2009 17:36:16   
    Jolley

1). My main area is editing DragonFable Images

Picture 1
    Picture 2

Picture 1CC: At first Glance I saw this as an ordinary edit by this I mean a few words and colours changed here and there but when delving deeper into the image you get an idea of the time that must have been spent producing this image, I will elaborate. The colour and even some parts of the armour are custom made the would mean spending alot of time with a paint brush going over every line which needs credit straight away. I will start with the two characters named "Escort" The first ,being a ranger, very much fits the pose and style of your average ranger, the colour scheme really complements itselfs here. If I were to have an issue here it would be the facial features, they are lost here if the Character had maybe a draker tone of brown or black all together the eyes and mouth would stand out here. The second Escort seems to be the charcter Fae from dragonfable, Fae is not yet a playable so I noticed the creator would have to create the tail and eyes by themselfs and it looks like it were dragonfable its self. So this charcter has followed a different colour scheme this time adding a dark coloured green, this I believe weakens the look of the Escort as it looks different from its partner plus I don't think green really blends well with the brownish colour. A few tweaks I believe can be made for this character but its still great looking and drawen. Finally Lorine is completey different from the Escorts going with a more darkish colours of green and everything there just "Fits" except the brown coloured shoes she is wearing seems like it has totally gone from the normal scheme. This character doesn't fit the the same problem as the first Escorts face to still it would be nice to see the eyes and mouth more clearly. Now the Priest of Order is really the highlight for me its seemed like 90% of the charcter is custom made making him seem more mysterious instead of using the same villian such as Drakath over and over. The whole Dragonfable interface adds to the experience making me feel like this is actually a screenshot as all the values of health and levels look genuine, of course theres a small flawe here the "Night eye" "Atronach" are too close together and actually is quite noticeable. Overall I give this piece an 9/10

Picture 2CC: Anyone would glance at this and just know the detail that went into this drawing. I was drawn in by the 3D effect done in the image, by this I mean watching the spikes go to the Dragons tail the spikes suddenly start to become flat and rounded but this is because they have curved in an angle that we see from our view as flat so the drawer did a great job on making that effect. The depth is also quite amazing here from every line the dragon has on its wing I can tell where the skin slumps down and up which is such a good thing, minor details such as this give the picture the instant likeablity factor that i got when I saw it. The head is really impressive the sense that I got from the dragon watching me also added the greatness of the head. Although I do have a few Negative views on the head, the Spikes/scales seem to be almost attched to the body it dosn't look like theres sides to the spikes/scales more there indented into the skin. My only other problem with this picture is the lack of shading it would have been a nice add-on to the image but for what it is its stunning. It Derserves a 9.5/10 just for making me appreciate Hand-Drawing.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:39:04 >
    Post #: 118
    5/13/2009 9:39:33   
    BrantePyrus

Here I am, ready to post- I hope.
    First off, my wallpaper series- more to come, I can produce one for your character, just PM me. http://picasaweb.google.com/lapyrus/BranteAndCoAQW#
    Second, my scanned-and-modified line drawing- http://picasaweb.google.com/lapyrus/DBRArtwork# -theres more of this, but not all has been scanned yet.
    Now- for the CC
    First one- http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/gaze.png
    This is a nice peice, and its lines blend well, without the friction I frequently see. But it wastes a noticeable amount of space, and it really needs to be more centered. In general, when making a siggy, centering the images as much as possible is a good idea. Also, the two text sizes are too far different.. However, it is well done. When centering with CS2, simply select that layer and move it to the center, leaving the background as is. Not sure whether that's what you used tho...
    Second one- http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/LinkWip.png
    This is pretty well done, and I like it. However, there is too much chaos in the background, and the colors are a bit pale. Also- I could swear this would not work for this forum(as a siggy) for falling under the category of advertisement? I could be wrong there, but it seems like an odd siggy for these forums.

Well, I hope this works. Thanks all-
    Brante

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:39:23 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 119
    5/13/2009 17:32:31   
    thewinnar

AQW screenie and edit for my future gallery:
    Picture 001
    picture 002
    Mostly AQW pic and edits

It seems The green actually reflects with the vibration that the guitar makes,i can also see the design of a pheonix,that also means strenght.This especially merges with the hand moving towards the strings,that have an effects hard sound and vibration.What i'm fascinated the most is by the color of the suit.Black under T-shirt goes well with the glasses who seem concentrated on the music and nothing else.I don't know about you, but this art expresses courage and hope because of it's concentration and unique colors.Ive much appreciate arts like this,The attraction and tension of it.Ill give it a simple 9/10

Red shows me destruction and fire,and this is a very good example of red's personality.What i first remarked was the The fire in his left hand .It proves him worthy and easy to get that he is *no doubt* powerful.We don't quite remarked but theres a sort of bubble around him.i love that effect,it seems he smashed something so hard it caused an effect.Also, the angle of his face,it's seems looking at only what he's doing not what he has done,therefor the explosions on his back seems realistic by the merging of the same colors of the hero.In overall Red does go with madness and destruction.Ill give it a extremely high recommendation to those who like perfect angles an colors.

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/15/2009 6:41:09 >
    Post #: 120
    5/13/2009 20:50:46   
    BobbyBerserker

I hope you exept me.
    Example 1- http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/Snickerssignature-1.png

Example 2- http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/TheHero-1.png
    I will be doing mostly AdventureQuestWorlds or Dragon Fable edits. with a splash of drawing and some weapon making.

Now for my CC.
    Image1 http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png Iron Man

This is over all a fantastic picture but not perfect. The use of colours and the placing of the render is good. And the fact that it looks like he is staring straight through you gives it a deeper and more surreal aspect. Plus on the left I think I see an eagle in the smoke at the top and if is an eagle it looks cool too. But the fact that there is'nt that much smoke does not effect the quality of the picture in a good way. His hand on the left has another hand right beside and I don't think putting that there is necesarry if you replaced with some smoke i think it would be better.

Image2 http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/LinkWip.png Link

I like the fact that Link is looking over his shoulder with a currious expression. It sturs your imagination and poses the question is there an impending doom behind him like a huge enemy or is Link just exploring and wonder what is back there. I also like the aspect that the light and the dust around Link makes a picture appear in my mind of Link inside of a big mossy log with light shinging through a crack. But I don't like how the dust on his left shoulder kind of distorts and blurs out the actual shoulder.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:21:44 >
    DF MQ  Post #: 121
    5/15/2009 15:02:27   
    necrolich66

pic1

it's a AQW edited pics like most of my pics it's an AE edited pic

pic2

an edited pic of MQ made with a lot of other pics to make you think i use the stone mech

it's a good mix of green on green the look fit well with the background,and the grafiti too
    there is not so much to say about it it's very good so i can't say something bad about it

just like the first the armor of that person fit's good with the brown craps of metals
    and his look too because it looks old like the background

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:22:04 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 122
    5/15/2009 15:03:48   
    Kaylesas

1. My art (if it seems familiar its because i had to get a new account because i havent been here in about 2 years xD)
    Scorpion
    HeavenlySword

2. CC

This is great IMO, the only thing i find wrong with it is the fact that is seems very cluttered to me. Work on leaving extra space for contrast and focus less on trying to fill the whole tag. It is very chaotic, not particularly my favorite style. You have been going for that though, cause Iron Man is kinda a Choatic good character =P. Final thing is that the border bothers me a lot; i think it should be all even border sizes rather than have the sides bigger than the top and bottom.

Smudge is most definitely my favorite style of tags, and i consider this smudge. The focal point is well placed with lighting. The smudge part of it is very well done. Very good render quality imo. The only thing i find to be less appealing to my eyes, is the "grain-ish" effect around the entirety of Link, doesn't seem like it fits to me. The grain-ish effect where the lighting is, is well placed however, seems like there is dust in the light =P, but everywhere else it is could stand not to be there. Overall i like this image.

3. "I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved. Welcomed back Andrew.

-Thanks Grafh good to be back =P

< Message edited by Kaylesas -- 5/24/2009 23:22:36 >
    AQ  Post #: 123
    5/16/2009 6:32:58   
    The unstopebole Dude

1. My Work
    ------------------

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/374/dscn1180b.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3771/img001a.png

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9571/utennavnevilrobina.png

This aint my best i will save it for the gallery im planing to make!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/LinkWip.png

I like this one allot.not just cuss Link is awesome. The cloud works very well whit the background and the focal point. And the lighting works very good here. There is also a good depth between Link and the dark areas in the pic, and I love this tag.Very well done!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/AloneTagV1.png

I really like this image cuss im kinda inspired by graffiti and the green background is really matching the person in the image and the lock in hes face makes the pic kinda mysterious, well done!

3. i will follow the rules!
    ----------------------------

quote:

Thanks!

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:23:30 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 124
    5/16/2009 11:20:49   
    Braska

Second attempt :D

1. Two of the things I would like to post in the gallery are:
    DeathKnight
    Moonlight Paladin

2. Image 1
    First off, once you look at the image, you immediately focus on the Priest of Order. I'm not sure if that was your focal point, but it is a good one. You could have made the outline on the Priest of Order cleaner, because once you look at it, you see the rough-ness of the lines, which is a clear give-away that it isn't real. On the pros, your Escort and Character designs are fabulous. You could try to make the eyes more visible on the escorts, because you have to look closely to see them. Overall, it is a great edit that requires a few touch-ups.
    Image2
    As soon as you look at the picture, you focus in on the head. The head is drawn well and colored cleanly. The dragon's colors match each other wonderously with a green body and yellow scales. However, when you look further down, the arms look a little awkward. You could try making the arm a little wider, as to make it less skinny. The dragon's gastrocnemius (not sure what you call it for dragons) is too thin as well. It looks strange, as it looks like a lizard leg in my opinion, rather then a dragon's. You should keep it the same shape, but make it a little wider in order to make it more realistic (as from pictures of other dragons). The scales on the dragon are nicely drawn. But at the end of the tail, they look more like bumps. You should add small dots in the center of each scale down there to show that it is pointing up.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:24:41 >
    Post #: 125
    Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
    Page 5 of 15«<34567>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition