Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 6 of 15«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/16/2009 15:00:01   
Powerbait

Example 1
Example 2

Image 1: I really like how the colors go together with each other. The sandy clouds that merge out into an earth color and sunset red color match his black coat, red eyes, and dirty blonde hair well. To me though, the lighting is off a bit. In the render, the light is coming from the right side which was accented well by what looks like a lighting effect of small gradient coming from that direction. I think that it could look a little better if the sunset red background(left of render) and earth brown background(right of render) were flipped around to make the lighting seem more realistic. The sand colored clouding on the right side of the tag is really nice and flows great with the lighting. I think that the render could blend in with the background a little better by adding a little more of the sandy cloud to the left side of the tag, more specifically behind his shoulder. Otherwise I like the feel to it. Nice tag!

Image 2: As with the previous tag, this one's colors make it soothing to my eyes. The watercolor effect on the render seems to make it blend with the background a bit better, and the lighting is almost perfect. One thing that stands out is the guitar neck, though. In my opinion, it's too bright compared to the rest of the tag. The spark on the left side of the tag flows nicely, but the white, yellow, and red on the guitar neck make it a bit too vivid for me and it hurts my eyes a bit. Also, if you wanted to make the flare look like it goes with the guitar, then you could make the glare go down toward the bottom of the sig while fading out. It makes a weird illusion of being in the background as it stops at the person's shoulder. It seems to me that to the left of the render, things are a bit too noisy, and it would be really balanced if you were to put a few more cyan, green, or sea blue sparks to the right. It gives a nice hint of chaos while maintaining great color and lighting. I like it!

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:25:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 126
5/16/2009 23:59:00   
Keltharis

My art consists mostly of flash armors and weapons
Example1
Example2

The effects on this tag are done extremely well, same with the lighting, however the blue light seems out of place. Also there was good use of displacement, but the focal should not be in the center.

This one is pretty good. The focal is done nicely and the way the effects go out of the focal is good. Text matches as well, and that is sometimes hard to achieve. It gave a good black and white feel, but I could see it doing good in color, too.
quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:25:30 >
Post #: 127
5/17/2009 10:55:48   
Vengeance_Shinigami

My work:
[Image 1]
[Image 2]

The way you cut out the peacful picture of a girl playing the guitar is excellent! I also like how you pasted it on a quite area, space. Showing how she is like in her own little world expressing herself. I think you should put some twirls in around the girl, showing it as if it was her imagination, blocking out the outside, otherwise, it is a 9/10 from me.

The effects done on this tag are really great, teh bit of grafiiti looking outline around the soldier; the only thing I don't care for much is how hard it is to notice the building in the background, I think you should darken it up, then I would rate it 10/10, otherwise I give it a 8/10, but that is just my opinion.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. Hit: Try adding more.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:26:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 128
5/18/2009 9:16:41   
thewinnar

Pic 01
Pic 02
Ill be mostly doing AQW stuff

This inspires me from the old comics in the late 80s. Since iron man has multiple steps of his armor,this one could be one of the old one combined with the latest version. The colors pop out everywhere in the background making it to merge better between the armor plates.His face is in a great angle that makes it more evil and creative look.The way his right arms is placed, makes it like after the attack it will be strike back, i love that position.They have destruction and fire, yet a simple character.Immediately, i viewed that the red and yellow fuses in his personality of madness,ferocity and determination.In overall i recommend this art to person who loves sharped looking explosion and fictional characters.

Everyone knows spider-man as a gently and kind person, but in this artwork we shows his dark side. We can remark the effect of him getting out of water,but in this case, getting out of chaos. His Face and arms position shows he wants to get out and take his revenge,very good idea in a situation like that,love it. I appreciate the thunder crawling behind like he was even more furious. The effect of fading the red make some sort of cloud design, which is very good in the mood he's having. Great work but i would like more color variations. In overall i love the work: madness, lightning and an awesome effects makes great art.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:27:46 >
Post #: 129
5/19/2009 18:11:00   
omndra

I am a Flash artist, I mostly draw weapons.
1.)
Doom Swaxe
Doh Crap!

2. (The Guitar one)
Image1- Wow thats a really good sig! Iam impressed! I do not see much wrong with it, however you could try to Focus a bit more on the name, its kindof hard to see. Try making them Big blue swirly letters, to make it more visible. You could also try to make the Warm colors a bit more intense but that is just what i would do. It is good how it is right now, but it could be better.
(The Halo one)
Image2- This is really Awesome! I like how much detail you put into it, and you also did a really good job with overlapping the background with the foreground. However it does seem to missing a name or lable, unless you didn't want one. It doesn't need one but you should just try putting one in just to see how it looks and if you don't like it, just take it out. the only thing i dont like about it is it doesn't have very much color contrast, you could try adding purple to the darker areas and yellow to the brighter ones.

3. I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:27:58 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 130
5/20/2009 10:21:45   
sholin360

example 1

I like this sig because it looks so real and the golden dust really matches the background.

example 2
I like this sig because the fire matches with gold and the fire looks real.
Pic 1

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/3ternal_3reath/sigs/IronManSigContest31mutilationatbirt.png
I like this image because it has good back ground and matching colors.And the light on his hand fits in perfectly with the picture.

Pic 2

I like this image because it looks so 3D and relistic it's a great picture. It lokks so real even dough it is cartoon and the position matches with its look.

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:28:13 >
DF MQ  Post #: 131
5/23/2009 13:39:33   
Tex

My Work
Example art one: http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc181/draconess02/CreatureRef.jpg
Example art two: http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc181/draconess02/nathansketch.jpg

Constructive Criticism
Image one: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png
Really great fantasy character design and I love the earth tone color scheme. The character looks very well thought out and it looks like you have fun with it. Though what I think you should work on in this image is the anatomy of the character. The elbows are coming down a bit to far which leads the whole arm to be too long for the body. But overall great job!

Image two: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg
wow! I really like this image. You took a chance and tried a very difficult pose for your creature. Kudos to you! My only suggestion is to watch out for proportions of the body. The head looks a tad bit too big since its in the background of the picture. If you want to make a more dynamic picture all together maybe have the back of the dragons body REALLY big and the front of the dragons body smaller.

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/23/2009 20:28:24 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 132
5/24/2009 20:34:22   
firestone1029

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/JJ_LegendGift.png
first off i love green(go green),but he just seems out of place to me and needs a different back round
,his hands are distorted and looks funny like that (fix),u distorted the end of the guitar to ,the name is hard to see
and ,maybe a little bigger but if it's a sig then that's good ,good job

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/PaintingGirl.png
purple another one of my favorite colors,but see agian looks odd with the clowns/crying ppl she is sexy with crying ppl
ok,the paste of her body could be better but it good, the hole left side seems empty and draws your attention to the right
so making it more centered would be better,and purple still great and good sig( and it so good)

art mine ,1= http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/Stormking1029/Scan.jpg
,2= http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/Stormking1029/Scan1.jpg

(I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.)(really i do)

-may need to re do links
-hope to be great help o the art community (cc)

~fire
~water

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/31/2009 11:14:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 133
5/25/2009 17:42:17   
DA Holder67

Picture 1
Picture 2
The "Aviary" in the corner of both is not because I stole the art,but is because that is what happens when you use Aviary.

This is a great piece of Art. The lighting is perfect and the Text blends in very well,like it's as if the Text is actually part of the Render.
The White,yellow and black are exact opposites,but it works and gives the sig a more "Fancy" look. The only negative thing about this piece is the clarity of the render. It's Slightly blurred,and makes the render more "Overlookable". Over all,it's a very good Sig that doesn't really need anything done to it.

My Score:9/10

This piece is great,but it needs some work. The render is blurred together with the Background,and it really makes it difficult to figure out what's happening in the sig. It looks like a women in a shower,but it doesn't feel like it,and I know that's not what it is. Again,the text is perfectly colored and placed and really blends with the rest of the sig. Unlike the other example,the render is easily the main focus of the sig and is not looked over:Your attension is drawn straight to the render. Over all,this sig needs some work in the lighting department,but is a very good piece of art.

My Score:7/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/31/2009 11:14:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 134
5/25/2009 20:28:05   
Modaesaer

Picture 1

Picture 2

First things first, I really like the 'forest' color scheme. It works well with both the colors of the Link render, and the history of Link's character, adding further depth and meaning to the art.
The gradient near the middle works well, as it appears to be light shining through. This adds to the 'Forest' feel of the image, as it looks like a thin beam of light coming through the trees. Combined with the light already on the render, this creates a really effective light effect and I really like it. In my opinion, however, the pixels effect around the ends of the light effect should be changed. They ruin the effect of light slightly, as light wouldn't dissolve. The border is simple, and this contrasts well with the sig's content, making it an effective use of simplicity. As for the background, it is dark and foglike, adding an effect of mystery, quite like a forest.

Everything in the sig seems to benefit the 'forest' appearence, and I cannot really fault much with this image. Nonetheless, I believe this tag would benefit from the inclusion of a second focal point, perhaps some text, to give people... More to look at, maybe. Although the render and it's effects are well done, only having that to look at seems slightly boring to me.

Were I to rate it on a numerical scale, I'd give it 8.5 out of 10.

If I were rating you based on effort, you'd definately be receiving full marks from me. I can see how much effort has gone in to this. However, in my opinion, it hasn't paid off as well as it could have. The render benefits itself to many styles. But it seems to me choosing more than one style for the sig was a mistake which has lowered the quality of the sig overall. The graffiti seems to match the render well, though. Its colors and the rough 'Gangsta' style match the color and style of the render. The grunge style of the lower right corner works well in both color and roughness, once again, it matches the render well. The abstract of the bottom left... as I've said before, the color and style match the render, as the abstract pattern seems like Spray Paint around the edges, and I can imagine the boy in the render is someone who would spray paint.

Each of the styles is pulled off well, and it would have looked very effective, had you only chosen one and stuck with it. Regardless, each still seems effective, and their conflict even adds to the 'rough' effect of the sig. In my eyes, however, the sig can be made better by incorperating a border. It feels 'open' to me, without closure. Had it included a border, I'd give it 7/10. As it is, I'm forced to only give it a 6/10.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/31/2009 11:15:18 >
AQ  Post #: 135
5/27/2009 4:48:50   
DOOMKID

My Form for Approval in the Gallery

Picture One:

Picture Two:

Now on to Constructive Criticism

This signature is extremely well-made. The person playing the guitar has a look of total enjoyment and a carefree look on his face. The background is blended and mixed and overall gives a great effect to the signature. The bad things are that some of the background covers the render, the text and it's font don't mix to the background, the text should have been in cursive, signifying carefreeness. Also, the border is only applied on the top and bottom, and this makes the Sig look unfinished.

This is one of the best signatures I have ever seen! The maker has used shadows to make the render have a 3-d look, and the background is a blend of the colors green and black, signifying that the render is in a forest at night. The renders sword and right shoulder are coated in shimmers, giving it a realistic look. Now on to the bad things. There are too many shimmers on the sword, the shoulder should not have shimmers but other than that, this signature looks awesome. The border rounds off things, giving it an organised look though the border could have been made thicker.

quote:

Approved

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

< Message edited by DOOMKID -- 5/31/2009 18:02:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 136
5/28/2009 7:49:33   
Dooooooooom

My Pictures:
Image 1*
Image 2**

Overall this picture screams LOOK AT ME! but there are a few things that seem out of place, The backround is too plain ,the head is abnormally large the front legs looks like it's broken and the blue and black clashes too much. The red horns are a nice touch and The backround could change dramatically I can see it protecting a hoard of teasure or sitting in a dark cave. The colour of the skin could use revising but overall a brilliant picture!

9.7\10

This sig seems good over all but it's colours are used to much, the the backround looks like a murky,dreary painting and I can't see his right shoulder it seems covered in oil and burnt to a black crisp. I like the colours but they are used over and over. The picture looks like it's in sepia tone. and the thrown into the mud. It is a good pictures but the artist should vary from the same colours. I take my hat of to the artist but they should try some different colours but a very good picture!

*Because this link does not work please look at the Image:KAM SERP L
**Because this link does not work please look at the Image:WEP

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/31/2009 11:16:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
5/31/2009 19:15:33   
Randokkotonoshi

A. M4 with XM26 Modular Accessory Shotgun
B. Art I did for Gaia Online.

2. Image 1

First off-- Color scheme. I appreciate the sepia-esque, darker style color schemes. Brighter color schemes are fine, but overdone and tend to scream visually through your monitor at about 3:00 in the morning. I feel the purple of the armor/apparel's spikes is out of place among the background colors, despite contrasting well with skin and hair color. On her (I'm assuming it's female...)left, the armor seems to be have not been fitted to the rest of the image right, like its overlapping an existing attempt. In other words, its cutoff from the left over at the bottom, or at least from what I can see. This could be to accomadate the text, but not being experienced, its supposition on my part. To address the text, I like the shadow/engrave feel, but not the color I would've chosen for the background. Its easy to see against the background, but doesn't fit well with the rest of the color scheme.

Image 2
Starting with color again, I think a little distinction between her clothes and skin color would've done some good, but I appreciate the mild colors again. The neck of guitar feels out of place color-wise, but in this case it was obviously intentional, and it works. The fingers on her left are hard to distinguish, and the area where her right as well as the bottom of the guitar are blurred, almost like a motion blur. Possibly intentional, but I would've been more impressed with clear distinction in those areas. The confetti/lights/sparks effect stand out well against the darker background, but the cyans, greenish-blues and such don't fit in well with the brown/red scheme already in place. Some people will praise you for this, but I'm a fool for consistency in art. Even though the tutorial from the original post warns against addressing subject matter, I feel I have to at least fleetingly mention the mutual feeling of humanity towards music-- entrancing adoration. We will never be able to get enough of it, and I feel it has a place in visual art as wel as defining its own monopoly of the Sound arts.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:33:09 >
AQ  Post #: 138
5/31/2009 19:44:17   
Kaiyashu

Image 1

Image 2

Contrary to the critic that previously commented on this, I actually thought this was one of the better tags. I particularly liked this graphic graffiti style of the tag. Although the colors of the tag are a little monotone, the render itself gives itself a nice color scheme. The graffiti in the background was drawn amazingly well, it matches the render perfectly. The paint splatters are a nice touch, although the top left hand corner could be less sharp. The lack of depth is not a problem, since it is expected in this kind of style, so the only thing I could really think of changing or adding, would be the lighting.

One of the first things that struck me about this tag, was the painting of the face. I find it gives a metaphorical meaning to the tag, something like 'things are not as they seem.' It questions the perception and definition of beauty. The colors are well matched hues of purple and the smudging is phenomenal. I think the tag could've used more work on the depth, and even though the painting of the face does give the tag a metaphorical meaning, it does take the focus away from the focal.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:34:48 >
Post #: 139
6/1/2009 21:10:10   
DarkSanjiSan

Image 1
Image 2

I think this image haves a very good style with the character naruto is, like orange, or red, its very good combining he's with the background, but i think it can get better, the blurred parts aside from him makes it a good effect but, its almost too empty, i cant think of other word, its just the naruto character, edited, and just blurr, like an aura, his eyes, it looks like he look in you, with anger, fury, but im still impress the form the blurry aura can make a great side effect....i think it can get better using more brushes, maybe abstract, but its just my opinion, i would give this a overrall of 9/10....

This image shows how spider-man is anger,in rage, maybe more, its like a demon its gonna get out anytime, the backgrounds its a perfect match of spider-man color, the lightining effect shows a very dramatic effect, wich its look pretty awesome,the dark and red background shows that he's at a very dark place, suffering, the part that it more impressive to me, its the alterimage up in spider-man, it make an effect that he is moving,getting uncontrolable, its a very awesome dark side of spidey...I never seen so awesome image from spider-man...10/10.

With nothing else to add,

Edited:updated images....

~DarkSS

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:38:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 140
6/4/2009 16:13:03   
_Morpher_

My art:
http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-752789.html
http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-750680.html

CC: (Note: Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to directly link to the picture I gave CC on. :-( - Never Mind, figured it out.
Picture 1:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/bigship3jx9.png

I think this is really good. THis lego-like theme you got going on is really great. One of the good lego-like drawing I've seen so far I do say so myself. The people on the ship are very, cute too. It reminds me of the older FF's. ^_^ (FF = Final Fantasy). However, I feel it is lacking backround. With all that empty white space it makes the ship look as if it is floating. Perhaps, you could add some water and place a sky in the backround so the ship dosen't seem to be floating in mid-air. And, maybe a slight increase in the people(s) size in that pic. Other then that I see nothing else that need to be changed on here. 7/10.

Picture 2:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/24gkqvr.jpg

Wow, excellent work! The robot looks very well designed. What I really like about this peice is how much time you must've put into it to have it so well formed. The left leg seems a bit off to me maybe you could aline it up better with the other leg. (Unless is suppose to be facing sideways ^^") I also feel that you should add some shading to the robot to really make him pop out to truly catch someones eye. 7.5/10
Nothing else to be added.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:39:49 >
MQ  Post #: 141
6/6/2009 11:30:24   
_Eowends_

Example 1
Example 2

It's quite a nice image. I really like the whole flow and colour scheme of the piece. It's also very dramatic. However, if I were to change anything about it I would maybe sharpen up a few of the areas around the face to make the focal more clear. Plus... I like the guitar =) I'd give it a 6/10.

I really like this piece. The colour red really matches the subject of romance. The colours of yellow add a bit of contrast but it keeps it stuck with the theme of that 'summer' feeling I get with it. It's a bit cluttered here and there due to the C4ds but I think it adds drama to it. I'd give it a 7/10.

Edit: Sorry the links I posted were outdated. I changed them to more recent ones. By the way... I don't suppose you remember me Grafh? I used to be The Invictor... :)

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. Yes I remember you, welcome back, and try again soon so I can approve you.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:40:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 142
6/6/2009 15:14:52   
YukiKitty

Examples

Example 1
Example 2

CC&C

Very well done, wow. The colors of your bg go together very nicely with your render, and your render looks like it came from the background which you have. The C4D you used works very well with the render and the rest of the background without making the tag too cluttered; it looks like it belongs there instead of being just thrown on your canvasto satisfy the need for space consumption. Given the feel of the rest of the render, the text fits as well. The text reminds me of a load screen for one of my favorite video games, and if this was the look you were going for with that text, you accomplished that. I do have two very minuscule things which I didn't like about this sig, and those are the double cameos. It's not them themselves; it's more were they're placed on the tag. Maybe both could have been placed in a different spot to enhance the flow even more, but all in all, it's a very minuscule issue which I have with an excellent sig. All in all, I would say that this sig is, if I may say so, "ftw", and I would give it a eight out of ten.

Good choice of colors for both the render and the mood of the sig. Of course you have green in the bg for Link, and the dark colors add to the feeling of him looking for danger, which is told in his eyes. Visually speaking, the sig appears balanced: there's not too much clutter and not too little for your canvas. The lighting is good and matches the lighting with the lighting in the render, how it's on both and not one, or even not at all. The sig flows consistently, which is excellent for the feel of this sig. As for the border, it's nice, simple one that contrasts with the rest of the sig in a good way. I absolutely love the way that it looks like the thing which Link is searching for is right behind him. Isn't that the way it always is in media? And, the thing is blending in with the background, the "forest" shall we say, so it adds even more to that feel of danger. Overall, this is an excellent sig. I would give it a nine out of ten.

Oath

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:41:05 >
AQ DF  Post #: 143
6/8/2009 20:13:39   
mav$$$$

1: Devil (Very damaged)
2: Warrior

Sorry for the quality of the images, is for I don't got other notebook with art.I need download a photoshop, later colored art . I am so sorry for my English but in my country talk Spanish, sorry again.

Good election of colors(need lower the light), the elements of the image are well defined.The face of the woman are in a good position does highlight his face, hair disappears in various parts of the signature by light, need low the light in the background.I cannot pass something, have a not used corner I think could be make something with them and make more beautiful the signature, the background have too much light make disappears elements in the signature.The letters under the tittle ''GAZE'' don`t see too much need more work in that.The face of the faire shows surprise at something, admiration towards what she sees or search something, maintain attention to the face and what she sees or want.

8/10

The background are perfect, the colors too,not lost the central theme of the image,the details are well defined, the woman not are blurred good detail, no need too much fixes is very-well made letters you can see easily, the size can be a bit bigger.The spoon was to have vanished completely, but the control of the nuances and the reflections make do not miss the outline.Is a realy good work.The control of the shadows and nuances maintain the outlines of the image, all elements see clearly. and exprecion of the woman makes what is in the spoon is excellent, very very-well made.

9.3/10

quote:

Edit: Finish my CC.

Approved

YEAH, LET'S ROCK!!!!!!

< Message edited by mav$$$$ -- 6/12/2009 13:24:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 144
6/8/2009 23:27:21   
Crystal11

Pic 1

Pic 2

The first thing I notice when I look at this picture is that odd smudge looking thing behind Master Chief. It looks a bit like a building and it would've been better if the maker had made it darker. And also the way the outline of the render is kind of blurry really takes away the solidness of the render. The overlapping of the background with the render looks very odd too. Other than those few things, it's looks very nice; the background blends in nicely. I'd give it a 7/10.

This image looks really cool with those cloudy affects behind Naruto. I am not sure if that is text in the right corner there, and if it is then it's very unclear. The left side of the whole image is very plain compared to the rest of it as it is an abrupt halt to the cloudiness of the background. The spot where the render is smudged a bit looks very nice because it looks like Naruto is fading away into the clouds, giving it a very cool feel to the image. The spot on the bottom, near Naruto's hand where it is much lighter than the rest of the image seems unnecessary. The lighting just pops out too much and looks very out of place. I give it a 8.5/10.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:41:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 145
6/9/2009 16:23:59   
Fritsu Ripuli

My reindeer knife 1st pic
reindeer knife pic 2
Since i'm not that much of a drawer or anything, i thought you guys could opinions about the knives and such i happen to make along the way, since you all probably have some eye for swords and blades and such things. i'll put some more pics of my projects if i get approved.

I like the background blur in this sig, it makes the image look bit like it reflects from water in a forest. combining the background to the player could have been somehow different, it messes up the pic a bit, i'm not sure if it is the colors or the fading that bothers me in it, sorry. The font used in the name is really not so special and maybe that's not the purpose of it, though it could be a bit more visible.
All and all a great sig.

I like the colors in this sig, earthly and yet strong. the blurring gives an explosion like feeling into the pic yet still the face in the middle is nicely brought out by a smart fading from the collar of his t-shirt, calming the pic down abit and saving it from looking too messy.
I like this one quite alot actually.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. And your examples are fine, making your own knifes is an art.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:43:06 >
DF MQ  Post #: 146
6/9/2009 17:12:41   
DoubleS

1. Abstract http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww291/omgaqgod/djj.jpg
2. Abstract2 http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww291/omgaqgod/fng.jpg

CC1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/RememberTagV1.png
I like how everything is blurred almost perfectly. A complaint would be how the outline of mastercheif is to blurry and it kind of takes away from the effect. You did a great job of shadowing and you even did a reflction in his visor, thats amazing. The envirorment also gives a sense of him being the loan survivor and makes it very intresting. In some points its loses its affect because its overly cluttered but overall its great.
9/10

CC2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Morning-Dancer.png
I like how it appears that shes flying because of her head pointing up, her hair blowing across her face, and the sparkles that appear to be pushing away from her. About a quarter of it is empty though and makes the whole thing feel less alive. You should try to put sparkles or somthing there. Also I must say, its very provacative. And her arm is hanging out on the right, making it look akward. A better thing to do is have them hanging loosly by her sides.
8/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:43:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 147
6/10/2009 1:44:53   
deaddog

Banner
i created this banner for a group of people who were really into the most recent popsprocket war
haha beginning art
this is the first picture i have ever made, and i was running low on pics because my comp crashed recently so i couldnt find anything better

link 1
I really enjoy the subtle darkness that this picture provides, it has a certain idea that link has more then you think inside of him, i personally think though that this image could be improved by adding a bit more background detail that will really make the image pop out, like other characters, in example zelda, a fairy etc. But overall the picture is very impressive and still makes me wonder what is the true link?
link 2
This picture reminds me of a skater being bored and tagging up the town, which brins back good memories haha, but the very low key colors combining with the cartoon character and graffiti makes it really pop out, and i cant think of anything to improve the picture, i say it is perfect within itself

oath

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves"

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/11/2009 19:43:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 148
6/12/2009 6:50:14   
_Eowends_

Example 1
Example 2

This is a well done tag. The greens purples and blues all blend together nicely which creates a magical feel to it. The lighting is also very nice and contrasts effectively with the shadows of the tag. I also like the use of effects, for example the use of dissolve to create the sparkles around Link. This is very different to most tags you see today, where people place C4Ds to create effects. The use of the sparkles also emphasizes the magical feel to it. The flow of the tag is well executed as well. Overall, this is a really nice tag. I can't really suggest much to improve it. Well done!

This tag is also nicely done. The use of black and white adds drama and a certain spooky feel to the tag. The lighting really matches the position of the person which helps to create a nice focal and sharpening her face also adds to this - so well done. The contrast between light and dark emphasizes the drama to the tag as well. The C4Ds used are are nice as well, however I feel the tag would look better if it had more flow. This could maybe be done by moving the C4Ds on the left of her, and rotating/moving them toward the top right as this is where the flow is leaning towards due to the stock. I also feel that the text could do with some better placement as well. It's a really nice tag and by making these minor adjustments the tag would become better.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:43:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 149
6/12/2009 14:29:57   
Silver Lion

Example 1

Example 2

This image is of a little more “darker” nature. It was done in black and white which gives a monotone effect that im not sure whether i like or not. The render in the middle is lightened and seems to be enjoying the moment she is in. The image is very nice. I thought of the dark background and the text left of the render, which is a little deeper in the background. It reads “Taste” but it's a little too deep in the background, making it harder to read. With that choice of placement of the text, I'd make it lighter and a different font, to match it. I certainly like the render placement and the background behind it is a little 'off' in my opinion, i believe the C4D does not complement the city scape behind it. Overall, the image was nicely made. I would add colors to the image, because it would make an easier orientation of viewers and also would add more depth to the piece. I'd also make the text stand out more to give another focal point but it would be subtle as to not distract the eye to the point of confusion.

The colors of this image work great together. The artist made it such that most of the colors match each other and make a fine, pleasant background and render style. But the flow of the picture is subtle. The colors nicely go from one part of the image to another, making the colors blend well and create a calming effect. The text matches the girl playing the guitar, as well as it does the background. I personally like the placement and style of the text, and its overall connection with the render. I believe the artist must have worked on it very hard. The text, the background, the render, they all match together. At the end, all I can say is that this image definitely is of HQ. I'd add a more complex background with slightly more details, maybe a C4D's to create some more flow to the piece, and blend the render with the background more so that she does not have such a sharp outline.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:43:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 6 of 15«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition