Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 7 of 15«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2009 22:34:08   
deaddog

(my personal pictures)
Warriors of lore, a piece of art made for the recent popsprocket war
[img]http://up2share.com/file/y1jj2hl0h4rwez_Warriors_of_Lore_copy.jpg[/img]

JDK, a background i made for my computer using my initials and my creativity
[img]http://up2share.com/file/pqi2x9cvqiao5dv_jdk.jpg[/img]

(pictures to be criticized constructively)
picture 1

I personally think that this picture has a very wonderful face, and idea, the colors come alive when you look at it, almost as if it is crawling out side of my screen. But i see that the pixels of the picture are very noticeable, and i think that it could be improved by making the picture larger and filling in the spots where the pixels are very noticeable, like at the arms and legs. And my last opinion is that for the left foot ( right foot from where your looking) it seems almost as if they have an unproportional foot, compared to the other foot, i suggest that you take the shading and increase it a bit on that foot so it looks like its just moved out of the place.

picture 2

I enjoy the vivid detail put into this picture, the shading is very strong. But i would suggest adding more of a shadow scheme on the dragon, like the areas where some parts of the body slightly are above the other part, you could add in a bit of a shadow shading their to make it look even more realistic. And my last piece of improvement i suggest is for the tail, if you made it go more slender as it went farther down it would increase the idea and beauty of this picture.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:44:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 151
6/14/2009 23:51:37   
Angel of Grief

K...second round. :D?
Image 1
Image 2
^i do mostly AQW edits, but if i get my scanner to work, i will show my paintings/drawings also.

criticism on image one

1. Comment on the colors and render: either my computer is messed up, or that purplish render cuts off at the middle of the screen. other than that, the colors of Purple and Yellow from the woman/elf's hair blends nicely with the background. the high contrast between the woman/elf thing works nicely with the picture, although it is difficult to pull off.
2. Talk about the general appearance: Overall? The render was pulled off very nicely with the overall picture. i personally dont like the purple/yello colors, but seeing as they're compliment colors (opposite on color wheel), they must go well together, its just my taste.
3. Comment on the text and border, and other additions: the text "chapter 02" gives it a Sci-Fi-ey feel to the sig, which is backed up by the mecha-elf thing that seems to be going on. The Lighting coming from what appears to be the top left corner, shining down on the elf/woman's face, could have been applied better, seeing as the <> looking blur thing (dont know what to call it, its a yellow blur dot thing) looks like it would be a light source, so the lighting looks backwards. The text was too bright though for the picture, it would have been nicer if it was the yellow color from her hair.
4. Point out any things you thought were really good or really bad: The text was the best part, although, like i said, was white. It could have been yellow, to compliment the purple in the picture.
5. Give an overall opinion: 47/50, the lighting and the screwed up (on my side anyway) render could have been better.

criticism on image two:

1. Comment on the colors and render: The image was black and white, which is my favorite type of photography, so thats a plus for me. The Cloud-looking render gave it a "mysterious" feel, and drew my eyes to the center of the image, intended or not. Yet again, the contrast between the left side of her head, and the neutral background enhanced the darkness/mysteriousness of the scene.
2. Talk about the general appearance: Generally, i like this picture. this is one i would actually use as my signature on a forum (with credits, of course). The floral pattern on the wall behind her gave it an old time-esque appearance, and was made better in the black and white. The lighting was O.K., but, alas, my computer is either messed up, or she is wearing some heavy eyeliner (probably just my computer though).
3. Comment on the text and border, and other additions: no text, no border, and no other additions, as far as i can see.
4. Point out any things you thought were really good or really bad: The lighting was pulled off very well this time, compared to the last signature. The small light in the top of the screen appears to be shining down on the woman, and she is looking up at it.
5. Give an overall opinion:49/50. The lack of Text, borders, or anything of that nature subtracted from the overall picture. that is all.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

~AoG~

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:44:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 152
6/15/2009 12:40:13   
Foreto42

I will be making weapon designs and animated flash videos made in the style of AE.
Video of mine Death Vs Evil
Picture I made for a contest: Cysero Vs Braddyballs
Note: It will say the picture dosn't exist. I don't know why. The picture is the one called cysero entry
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/AloneTagV1.png
Critisism on image one.
1.Comment on the colors and render The style looks sort of like a manga drawing for the face, yet the sweat shirt looks real. Because of the way the shadow fall however its does look like a comic book page. The main focus seems to be kinda gangstery, but the green color makes it seem calmer and the kid seem younger. The face stands out as well because it is one of the few things that isn't green.
2. I like it. The feeling that I get after looking at it for a little is a sort of urban jungle. The kids eyes are done great and his hair dropping down from his head make him look like a bit seculded.
3. The only text is the graffiti in the backround, which seems to be more of a backround and to give a city feel then to make a statement, because it dosn't spell any word I know.
4. I really like the color scheme and manga is my faviorite, so I enjoyed as art and not just as a sig.
5. General oppinion 50/50. My faviorite art with great art and color.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Spidey.png

1. I like the color choice, but it could be a little brighter. The lightning goes well with the agony spider man seems to be experienceing. Since the whole thing is red it seems like some sort of violence is has happend. The eyes and lightning stand out the most. I don't pirticularly like the black thats used, but the spider on his chest works well.
2. Its pretty nive but I can't say I like the coloring. The black is a little to not visable. On the other hand the lines and and lightning give it allot of emotion.
3. No text but a border. Black seems to the only color that would work with the red. I think it probbaly necessay.
4. I think that under the left arm its a bit to dark, but other wise its pretty good.
5 My oppinion. I don't like it, but the art and color are good. 47/50

~Foreto42~

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:45:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
6/16/2009 14:50:47   
IceCold

My Image 1

My Image 2

Criticism:

Image 1

Excellent picture. The good side is, that the "stamps" are put there very good. The bad thing is, that the weapons are like a cross. If there are only 2, then make it "X"

Image 2

Kudos on the eyes. The background and the light is PERFECT!!!!That Chapter 02 is put there very good. Neck is clear like in America's Next Top Model;). Like I said, the light is perfect!!

~Cold

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. Also your forum font is barely readable. Use the black font.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:47:00 >
AQW  Post #: 154
6/17/2009 22:33:19   
Reactive

Example 1
Example 2

Image 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/bigship3jx9.png
This is a great image with some amazing details. I like how each of the characters is shown doing an activity, be it archery or napping. Each of the characters even has its own shadow! The shading is great as well. Its realistic and you can easily tell where the light source is. However, there are some things that could be fixed. Like how the ship is very square, especially on the bottom facing us.
Also, I would have switched the places of the wolf and the archer, just so that the archer looks like (s)he is practicing with the target.
Overall, very well done!

Image 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg
Very nice drawing! The shading is excellent, and the detail is incredible. I like how the dragon's teeth aren't all in one direction as it creates a kind of wild and feral look.
The slightly-squinted eye is great for expressing the dragon's mood. The angle helps as well, since it creates an err of superiority around the dragon.
The only bad thing about this picture is the dentist. It is kind of funny but, kind of ruins the intensity of the pic.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:49:54 >
Post #: 155
6/20/2009 8:14:34   
FireSpark

Image 1
Image 2

Critism:
Image 1
Nice work using the Bunny Berzeker Set. Though, you should have made that cliff dissapear so there wouldn't be anything else but bunnies and Berzeker.

Image 2
Vey nice picture. The handle is made very good. The Chinese letters/runes have very good light effects. The blade changes darker and thats pretty good.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:47:34 >
Post #: 156
6/22/2009 3:10:10   
  Sora To Hoshi
AQW Head Moderator
Time Mage

Example 1
Example 2

The sig is pretty good, the effects behind Naruto blend well but are not over done. There is flow with the brush work, almost like Naruto is coming through it. However, the light source might also work if it were coming more from behind Naruto rather then down near the bottom. The bright area on his coat distracts a bit causing the eye to look there first instead of at the smudging. Text is a bit hard to read, it almost blends too much into the background, perhaps a darker color would work. The left side, I feel there is too much wasted space. The smudging is nice but maybe could have been carried over a bit more to the left since the flow from right to left is well done with the brush work. Overall, good job but I feel the left side needs more attention.

Excellent color choices for this one. The subtle purple and blue blend well with the green. The light source perfectly captures Link's face without making it look washed out. The specs in the background work well scattered around Link, that was my favorite part. I like the smudging but I feel Link doesn't blend well with it, perhaps a bit of blurring would balance the stock and background. The left side looks a bit empty, maybe another layer of brush/smudge work to blend into what is already there. Overall very nice, I really like this sig.

Approved. Good to know there is another that knows of Rozen Maiden.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/22/2009 18:48:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
6/23/2009 15:21:41   
necrolich66

pic1

pic2

rhe sig is not in the correct format it's not 100on500 pixels
there could be more than only green
the person is to dark it need to have more light

the personage isn't good visible maybe it's what you whanted but it not visible enough
it has to much light it need to be darker
quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2009 21:03:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 158
6/24/2009 9:32:13   
505th_man

I will mainly be focusing on AQW Style Art and 3D...
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/munchlax505/Lamborghini.png
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/munchlax505/ZorbakSig.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pic 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/sentimento.png
- The gloomy / glowing atmosphere has a large impact in the overall image as the subject is rather lonely than cheerful.
- The color scheme perfectly matches subject.
- The transition of colors from dark to light was well created.
- The text is as simple as it can get...but the minimalistic effect has to be applied in this situation.
- The light source from the render and the background matches perfectly.
- The "shattered glass" effect from the background is rather distracting.

Pic 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg
- The character design is great, but the perspective from the back needs improvement.
- The proportions need some work. (esp. the size of the body)
- Everything is very detailed, but when you get to the tail, the detail is lost.
- The shading is well defined, but there isn't a main light source.
- The way the wings intersect with the tail rather makes the image more flat rather than the desired outcome.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2009 21:04:06 >
Post #: 159
6/25/2009 15:11:57   
anitesh

My work: Pic 1 and Pic 2

CnC 1
The creature is beautifully drawn, but I think the man standing on the ladder is pretty poorly drawn compared to the creature sketch. But I liked how you used humor in this too. However, the nostril looks conntected to the mouth in this picture. And the skin at the opening angle of the jaw just looks like a flab of skin and it might be improved by making it curve a bit to make it looked stretched, thus making the creature look more like it's mouth is opening wide.

CnC 2
I like how this picture looks like Spiderman is being affected by some kind of energy source. It really captures the eye. But it could maybe be improved by adding darker shades to suggest that part of his costume is blue. I like how he tilts his neck upward and his eyes are open wide as if in pain. Good detail was put in this drawing and it doesn't look pixely or anything else. And the border surrounding the whole picture should seem a little bit lighter. Other than that, this picture looks great.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2009 21:05:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 160
6/26/2009 2:38:40   
ravenwing

Image one:
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/Ravenblade/shadsiggieh.jpg
Two:
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/Ravenblade/Ravenwingsig.jpg

Cc Image one:

Okay lemmie start, First: the main hue is green, there isnt really enough colour scheme to look really unique, really its quite bland the colour scheme, the background is great, the smudged and graffiti image fits in with the stock image, okay the stock, firstly stocks placed in the middle of the concept dont really go well faced like that, the render should be placed more to the left to fit in more.
The lighting is fine, its a good thing to look at, but you should blend the render up a bit, sharpen the stock more and maybe add a gradiant over the top and turn down the opacity of it, and also there is no real focal point, nothing gains my attention other than the render.
overall, good effort, but needs polishing.

CC image two:

Ok, great sig, awesome colour scheme, luminous, i really like the light on the stock image, but yet again, you really shouldnt put a render like that in the middle, but hey, you pulled it off with epic results in this one, its supprising, there is a few negative spaces but they add to the mystery of this sig, the background is nice, and good to look at, the effects in the background, I like the hue of the colours and all, perhaps sharpening the background, the blue hue is great, it adds to effect of mystery and luminousity of this signiture. Its also great how the original stocks clothes are supposed to be green, but you changed that, adds to the mystery.
Overall: great sig, its a nice eyecandy, great job.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2009 21:05:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 161
6/28/2009 13:10:58   
draykling

Mostly fantasy related stuffs (like creatures, original characters, weapons, etc...) & fan arts (including AE-related).

Image 1

Ah, everyone loves Spidey. Nobody will doubt it. The majority of red in the image gives off a lot of negative energy, mostly on rage & supported by the lightning. Yet our Spidey here is a hero but the liquid around him looks like as if he's being pulled back like "Join the dark side...". Our hero pulls to resist temptation of power here. It gives off a very meaningful contrast of good & evil. However, it would give more meaning of contrast if there were to be some cold colour (like blue) to match with the red. Overall, very meaningful.

Image 2

The word "GAZE" caught my attention first. Then, when I look at the girl's eyes, I went "Ah, so that's how it is...". However, the words "into the depth" was somewhat unnoticeable. The image was reinforced by the appropriate setting. A fantasy like setting where one could just daze off & gaze. Even the colour, lighting, & patterning are suitable for it. But I think the image should be more focused onto the eyes of the girl to support the words.

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Post two pieces of your own art and I'll approved you. Your CC is fine. Make a new post when you do this so I don't miss you.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2009 21:08:11 >
AQ  Post #: 162
6/28/2009 17:31:29   
Nexolous

I will do aqw edits/recolors and the such.
Image 1
Image 2

Cc1: link\
This tag has emotion spewing from it. You can feel spidey's pain and rage. The background is a great compliment to his hatred/rage. You can see the darkness in him.
The tag does a great job on the motion. As you can clearly see spidey is moving.
But with all good things there are bad. The balance is off. There is more effects to the right of the tag. I think that it could use
more effect to the left, with more lightning. There is also too much fading which takes some of the attention off of spidey.
8/10

Cc2: link
This tag also has emotion. Only in a different sense. The emotion link has is anticipation. He is looking behind his
shoulder ready for whatever has the nerve to come at him. The tag shows him in a jungle or forest of some sort as you can tell by the dark green background.
The blending works well to show you that. It seems as if he has hit a spot in the forest or jungle were the trees break. You can tell because the dust is catching
a glare from the light. Once again with good comes bad. Some spots aren't filled in the greatest. One in particular is around the left (right when looking from the view of the tag)
shoulder of link. The dust effect went too far causing his shoulder to lose focus.
9/10
"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2009 21:08:23 >
DF  Post #: 163
7/2/2009 4:57:06   
Islindir

1) Examples

2) Constructive Critism

1)

The Colors blend in perfectly with Spidy. You can see the agony, he is going through. The background maches with his rage. The lightnings show how angry he is. You can also see that he is trembling, which I belive are trembles of rage. But the border just does not match into the tag. It should be open or the border should be thinner. That would be all i actually have to say to this tag. In an overall I would give it an 8/10

2)

This tag is also nice. It is obvious he is in a jungle, looking over his shoulder to be ready for anything, which would like to pounce at him. I like the way he has a kind of glowing boarder. It makes him flow nicely into his surroundings. The border of this tag is much better matched to it, than the last, since it is much thinner. In an overall I would give it an 10/10.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:03:45 >
Post #: 164
7/2/2009 9:52:59   
draykling

Here are two examples of what I'll be doing Grafh (although in the same category because I'm trying to find time for fan arts...)... I hope it'll be accepted...

Image 1

Image 2

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:04:58 >
AQ  Post #: 165
7/4/2009 2:06:00   
Louieme

Art1
Art2

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Spidey.png
A nice signature, with a fairly good background. The lightning effects are amazing, however they're certain areas of the lightning that go over Spidey's hands, which ruins the "pop-up" effect.
The background is slightly off-balance, however it's still better than most could do.
Now onto the border: Simple, that aspect is just hideous. The border is by far to thick, and it takes my attention away from the central point, the render.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png
This signature cannot be more stunning; however, I am a fan of Marvel while some may not. However, I am not here to express my feelings for Marvel, but for this Iron Man Tag. Like the previous CnC, the colors just blend in so beautifully. The explosion adds a great deal of effect, and meaning because Iron Man deals with this a lot. He deals with jets chasing him down in the skies to tanks shooting massive missiles at him, and of course he retaliates. Seeing Iron Man's eyes, and hands glow almost present warning. It may also look like as if he started this fire, and explosion which revolves around him. This is a great tag overall, and I am glad to give CnC on it.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:05:56 >
DF MQ  Post #: 166
7/4/2009 2:23:15   
moglinslayer315

[Image1]

[Image2]

In my Opinion the effects are very nice; It looks like Spidey is changing into something like maybe venom or the black version of him. The rippling effects coming from all over his body are very realistic. The eyes are nice; big and white but if i remember correctly Spidey's eyes were a sort of goldy color. A bit more lightning might go down good and seem more realistic. A bit of the lightning is covering Spidey's hand which ruins the pop-up effect although the rest of the pop-up effect is very good. The lighting is very well thought out; but in some places like the upper right hand corner it is too dark. Finnaly the border; 1 comment: Way Too Thick!! It draws my attention away from the main picture. If it was a quarter of the size it is now it would be a lot better.

seeing as i love manga i am giving cc on this one. it looks very good and gives an effect that it isn't just manga it has a touch of street art to it on the back ground using graffiti and the characters dress sense it looks like he don't really care about a lot and there are very good uses of shading and lighting, the bad points: it has good effects don't get me wrong but it looks like there are too many effects for example the water drip effect on the left it looks like there are too many of them.
the good points: there are are so many like the shadowing and the lighting on the picture makes it really stand out, the kid in the picture is greatly drawn and colored, there are good effects such as the water drip, the graffiti in the back looks really good and gives effect to the picture and the kids clothes makes him look street smart

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:06:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 167
7/5/2009 22:16:08   
eerie2

1. I choose to hand draw most things
Image1
Image 2

2. Criticism
None of the links seemed to work for me, so I viewed the images other posters posted and used them instead, assuming they are the sames images posted.

Dentistry
I really like this image, although I think the monster needed to have the lower neck area completed to make it feel complete. I also love the dentist flossing the dragon-like creatures teeth, it offers a sort of contrast between a extremely well drawn beast and a ok-drawn stick/box figure that makes the image both AWESOME and entertaining.

Spidey--WHOA
First off, the border of the box doesnt fit the design. Sorry to blurt it out but it caught my attention away from the art itself for some reason, but then I looked at the actual picutre and in my opinion, this image has two possibilities. If the goo is the symbiote trying to overtake him than I think its a great depiction of his battle. The pose he takes is one of him trying to escape from the goo pulling him down, and the lightning in the back definitely invokes the well-known evil background, but the red makes it look even better since it gives a feel of rage and aggression, seems a bit more original. The other possibility for those who dont know about the symbiote, then it would appear as if Spidey himself is evil, and the goo might look like dripping rain. However on second look his pose and the rain makes him look like he is in pain, and screaming out for help. I cant decide between the two because the goo looks unclear to me, it doesnt have enough of a presence, if it is indeed the gooish symbiote. If its the rain and he is crying out for help, I have to say that it is overall perfect. The goo not being strong enough is my main beef with this great work.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:07:02 >
DF  Post #: 168
7/8/2009 12:58:22   
The Night Mare

1. http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk16/Mare_of_Night/WaitingDesktopcopy.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk16/Mare_of_Night/MarchenVonDeutsch4Cover.jpg

2. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/scene2wj4.png
I like the character designs, especially the two with the gold armor. It took me a while to figure out what part was edited, actually! The characters on the left look just right. The clothes designs are interesting to look at, and the shading makes sense. The character on the right seems a bit flat. Anti-aliasing the metal (putting an in-between color in where two colors meet) might help. You could also make the bottom of the black part of his clothes stick out a little further than what's underneath so it looks like it has more body. If your goal is to make this look exactly like game art, you could anti-alias all of the characters, but it might not be worth the time. This is good looking in general (I couldn't tell what was edited at first!), and the armor in paticular.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg
The main issue I notice is the proporiton of the head to the rest of the body. The head is farther away from the viewer than the rest, so it should be smaller than normal. (maybe about as long as the sole of the foot is high) The way this is drawn makes it hard to tell the length of the neck. Unless the dragon has a very short neck, the scales should be smaller and closer together than they are (like how railroad ties get closer together in those 1-point prespective pictures). The other anatomy problem I see is that the shoulders are too far down on the back. Moving them up just slightly would look better. I like the design (placement of horns, scales, etc.) a lot. The pose and the way the wings are drawn is also good.

3. I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:08:10 >

NightMareArt.com - my website

[link=http://www.art-marathon.org]Art Marathon

^ 24 hour drawing marathon benefiting Free the Slaves
DF  Post #: 169
7/10/2009 18:42:50   
Firecrackerz

[ 1 ]
AQW Character - Sprite
Sunbeam - Drawing

[ 2 ]

[ a ]
This is a great tag, in my opinion. I can literally feel Spiderman's pain and frustration, as he is trying to break free.
The background is also catered to meet his anger, which is excellent. The whole tag has a chaotic and empowering feeling to it.
There is also great lighting and depth, which makes it even better.
However, some of the lightning bolts in the background are too lighted, and draw my attention away from Spidey a bit too much.
Also, I think his vibrations are a bit exaggerateded, and it gives it an over-the-top feeling.

[ b ]
Again, another incredible piece (I wish I could draw like that n_n).
Someone has put a lot of time into this, and all the effort really shows.
However, I could notice a few flaws at a glance, which when improved one, would make it much better.
It's very well detailed, down to the last scale. But for some reason, when it gets to about the tail, the detail stops.
Also, the shading's pretty chaotic. There doesn't seem to be any real light source, and that doesn't make it look as good as it could be.
The proportioning is slightly off as well, especially around where the wings start, and the legs.

[ 3 ]
Post #: 170
7/11/2009 0:15:10   
Bioshock.

1. Post two forms of art you wish to post in the Gallery (if you are working on a game project, a link to your website will be fine). This can be any form of art that fits the Gallery or any of the sub areas.
http://i39.tinypic.com/a5fh8p.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/6o1po3.jpg

2. Give constructive criticism to the following images.

Image 1:

The use of almost pure darkness to slowly gain color in the purest of light on the opposite end is brilliant. Who knew the things we learned in 6th grade art would actually help? The render is a little cut-off, jaggedly which is obviously why he chose to use darkness on one end, followed by light on the other end to almost create a feeling of wholeness to the image, which definitely helps, and could only the be done by a pro. :) The black and white can help quite a bit in hiding the image's very empty state, giving it a old-timey' feeling. The words, "Legion of the Tainted" font really does a great job of pulling of the black-and-white look. Whilst the extra brush strokes added around the image itself works well to tie up loose ends and avoid making the image look shallow.

Image 2:

The feeling of the image is very dark, which is why the color red (blood) would be used. In the picture are to very jaggedy, cardboard-cutouts of creatures that have little value to the image itself. There is very limited blending. All that was added was a layer on top of a layer with a few extras. The font and letters should have stood out more, perhaps a whiteish, neonish color? To describe the signature at best, a "almost but not quite".

3. After doing the following post this at the end of your post.

quote:

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:08:53 >
DF MQ  Post #: 171
7/11/2009 11:30:48   
Jamenja

1. Example 1
Example 2

Ok first of all this is a very good piece. I like how the lightning sets the mood of the picture as if Spidey is fighting the substance that is slowly covering him. The color scheme is very good and flows with Spidey’s costume and helps set the mood, but it also clashes with some areas most notably around the elbows. But the watery substance could be set a darker color in my opinion so that it would be more noticeable. The border seems a little big to me also, but it works nonetheless.

This is a very picture. The background in this picture is very well done and fits nicely. The female armors are very well done but the details become a little lost on this scale. Their position is very good and weapons are very well done. The faces of the female warriors could use some more work; their eyes are nearly none existent same with the mouth. You can see a little bulging out so I assume this is the nose. The Enemy in the picture is also done and has some nice detail work put into to him, but with him it doesn’t get to be so much that it becomes lost within the whole. With all the detail you put into this picture I would suggest you try to make the shade circle that is in game to make it that more believable.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:09:36 >
DF  Post #: 172
7/11/2009 20:19:36   
Roksheer

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/sirecalvin/My%20Graphics/CarSignature.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/sirecalvin/My%20Graphics/Callofdooty4.jpg

Image 1 http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png

I noticed the colors of this signature first. The colors of the signature Went really well for a fiery explosion theme. The effects that are on the render went really well with the background. In the upper right hand corner, i see that some of the stock wasn't covered in flames which evened out the fact that the left side was in hell which made the theme very realistic. However, i cant find a lightsource in this picture. It would look like that the render is focusing on something else besides the bright fire on the right side.
Overall, i can say that the artist did a very good job on The background and the effects. but the shadows on the renders face makes the signature confusing to me.

Image 2 http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/gaze.png

The Text in the Signature seemed to catch my eyes first then later i looked into the render. The background creates a good flow to the Render but the empty space on the left creates some sort of emptiness and disturbs the flow of the background. The text was placed in a very good place but i think that there needs to be more emphasis on the girl.
Overall, the light source gave the signature a softer feeling and didn't interrupt the vocal point's shadows. The Maker has done a very good job, but could work on the power of the "standing out" of the render. The background matched the Fantasy feeling to.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:10:05 >
AQ  Post #: 173
7/14/2009 19:17:11   
Captain Kidd

My work is all hand-drawn (with pencil) of movie characters and other misc. things.
Here's two examples of movie characters (I had the dvd in my laptop and pause the screen and start drawing)
Example 1
Example 2

None of the links worked for me, so I guess I'll do my CC on the Ironman and Spidey sigs
Spidey sig:

I think the basic colors of Spiderman and the background of this signature couldn't be better. The white lightning matches with Spiderman's eyes, the red goes with his suit, and the darker shades of red and black match the shaded areas on the sides of his chest and fingertips. The metamoprhic feeling the picture gives with his almost change, makes me think of Venom, also. The red color gives the emotion of suffering, as he does with the symbiote that takes over his body. The hands seem to be the least 3-D area, the lightning sort of distorts them into more of a flat image than the rest of the body. The lightning could be more bright near Spiderman's hand were it's close to touching him, it seems to be dimmed down. The border is a bit too thick, it draws my eyes outward towards the more empty space around Spiderman, where not much is happening. There also seems to be more space on the right side of the signature, whereas the left side has left space. I think a more even spacing from Spiderman to the edge of the signature would narrow your eye more towards the subject. Overall, the lightning effects, color coordination between the background and the focus (Spidey) is phenomonal.
Overall Rating: 9.2/10
Ironman sig:

In comparison of the main theme with the superhero and background color coordination, I think it's what makes the signature so great. The yellow, orange, red (and the shades between) are complimentary, and it really draws your eye to the signature. You can see there is a faint image of Ironman's hands next to his actual hands, portraying movement, which I like. The shading on the mask and armor are nice touches, along with the grit on the facemask. One of the best effects of this picture would be the smoke rising in front of him and wrapping around back with the bright spot as the origin of the smoke (in front of Ironman). Ironman himself is placed nicely in this signature, off-center. It seems to work better in this sig than it does in the Spiderman one because Ironman's body is turned slightly towards the space on the left of the sig. The almost brush-stroke effect of different colors on the background gives it a tailored (or customized) feeling, instead of just a solid color dominating the back. The only thing I would fix would be having the right side of the background less busy whereas the left side of the background seems more empty (giving a slightly off balance feeling)...but it's not so significant that I would worry about it. Overall, the color matching between Ironman and the background are extraordinary the smoke effects and the feeling of movement with the hands are very impressive, a fantastic job.
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

~CaptK

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:11:03 >
AQ  Post #: 174
7/15/2009 21:27:30   
Trillionaire

Ex. 1
Ex. 2
CC Image 1

1. First off, I would say that is a good use of tan. The render is nice, but
its too blurry around the edges of Master Chief. The render fits well with the
background, being color-coordinated.
2. Second, the general appearence. To me, half of it doesn't really flow that great.
On the right of M.C., it flows pretty well; but on the left, it's choppy and doesnt flow.
Also, the lighting is kind of off. I can see the main light is on the top-right shining down
on M.C., but what is that random light in the top-left? To me, it doesn't really make sense...
3. Now for the border. This is interesting; the border is incomplete to me. Is it purposely just
top and bottom? It doesn't really make much sense to me.
4. It's very interesting to me that you smudged a lot. It can be pretty risky to do a lot of smudging, but the
right amount is perfect. I think you got to the point where it was too much at some areas, and just the right
amount at others.
5. Overall, I would rate it a 7/10.

CC Image 2

1. I have to say this work of art is a great use of red. I think the colors of the render (mainly red) work really
well with the background. It makes sense to me to use lightning in the background since Spider-man seems to be
either angry, sad, or maybe even both.
2. The whole tag is pretty seems pretty full to me. I like how its a red background and not just a plain white background.
I also this this tag flows wonderfully! It's definately in one main direction, and that is shown wonderfully.
3. I think most of the art is great, except the border. I, personally, am not a fan of big borders and things. I think that
thick borders can draw away your attraction to the art and make you wonder, "Why is there that big bold border there?"
If you thinned it just a little bit, maybe 1 or 2 pixels, then it wouldn't draw much attention away from the main picture.
4. I'm pretty sure that I saw the render in an issue of The Amazing Spider-man. If I remember correctly,
it was Spider-man on top of some building, but the background was just rain. Something that I really like about this piece of art, is that you added so much more to it. To me it becomes more dramatic, like it is trying to get a point across. Another thing about this that I didn't enjoy much, was that Spider-man's eyes seems too white. I think with all that you already did
to this tag that you could add some more shading around there, but on the other hand,
you could've just trying to keep it original.
5. Overall, I think if you fixed some little things, then to me it would be spectacular.
I would give this wonderful model an 8.5/10.
quote:

~Trillionaire

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:11:28 >
DF  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 7 of 15«<56789>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition