Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2009 4:02:18   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Example 1.
Example 2.

CC1: Image
On the tag, spidey is coming out of something, or maybe he is trying to get out of something.
The clouds fit together with the lightning, which adds to the render alot.
All of the picture is in red shade, which causes the render to be swallowed in the background.
SpiderMan's suit also got some blue color, but it doesn't show up in the tag and is a disadvantage.
The shade of SpiderMan and the background don't matche together and make a strange but good kind of shade to the tag.

CC2: Image
Overall, the robot is drawn very well, but on a second look, you see alot of small details which need to be noticed.
On the legs and torso, you can easily see there are alot of 'not so erased' parts, which ruins the good look of the legs and torso.
The right hand is cut off, which makes the robot look not finished or something from that kind.
The cockpit seems to be also not finished because of little details on it, but the lines suddenly ends.
The sword doesn't got the same quantity of investment like the other parts of the robot, especially the hand that holds the sword.
The rocket launchers don't have the same angle, and makes them look a little strange.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:12:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 176
7/17/2009 22:41:40   
Prius

Pic 1: http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/yohagan/FireBrigademotto.jpg
Pic 2: http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/yohagan/Akrilothsig.jpg

Note: As you can see I will probably do all DF work, mostly sigs.

Image 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Spidey.png
Well, to start I can see this is very well done. But I'm not here to praise it am I? Jk jk,
First off, I can see a few colors here, red, white, black, ...wait, that's it? There's your first problem, try to add colors to compliment the current ones and make it look better. Blue lightning was never a bad idea...second, I'm not sure about other people but the lightning seems to bear an odd resemblance to a water stain. Try to make it look a bit more jagged if you get my meaning. Next, what's going on with his hands? I'm not sure but it looks like he has too many fingers on his left, if it's to represent movement then you might as well do that to the rest of the picture as well, that or clear it up a bit. Finally, there seems to be a lot of stray "blotches" of black everywhere that don't seem to have anything to do with the focus of the pic. Erase these and I'm sure it would look a lot less confusing and a bit better.

Image 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png
As with the first one this is also very well done. But, as with the first, there seems to be an indefinite lack of color. You've got yer yellow, red, black, white and orange. Although it does have more color than the first one, it still needs more. Second, you can see the subject of the picture but everything else is very confused. I get the fact that there is an explosion but it could be a little clearer, I mean, even though you can see iron man, the only parts you can see are his torso, head and right arm. Speaking of the right arm, there seems to be some sort of weird duplicate of it directly left of the hand. I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be. It looks like an exact copy of his right hand but if that's the case why is it there? There's no suggestion of motion blur anywhere else so why throw that in? One last point: The explosion looks a little meek. If you're going to make an explosion that obscures the background why not make IT the background?

Well that's my two bits (hahaha, oh I'm horrible I know.)

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:12:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 177
7/19/2009 14:38:46   
BobbyBerserker

I hope you exept me.
Example 1- http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/Snickerssignature-1.png

Example 2- http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/TheHero-1.png
I will be doing mostly AdventureQuestWorlds or Dragon Fable edits. with a splash of drawing and some weapon making.

Also I made the avatar that i am using

Now for my CC.
Image1 Iron Man

For iron man: It look like there is an extra hand on the left side of the picture beside his normal hand that should be replaced with the smoke. And on his face it would be better to lower that amount of scratch marks or thin them out to make the face more visible. And there is to much of the stringy smoke in front of iron man on the right side. Other than that this signature just radiates explosive power.

Image2 Link

This picture is creates an awe of mystery but theres some improvements. The back shoulder lokms like it is disintegrating into the air because of the dust. To fix it you could change it to make it darker or define the edge of his shoulder to make it stand out more. he background of the cave is pretty dull but you can enhance the colours to make the background be more appreciated and not overshadow link. Other than that I say just lower the amount of dust around the hilt of the sword.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:13:34 >
DF MQ  Post #: 178
7/19/2009 19:23:10   
patrickowens79

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg
The monster or beast is drawn well. The variation of line and the use of hatching really help bring it to a 3d form. The positioning of the head to were it is not strait foreword nor is a profile helps add life to the creature. Tilting the head to an angle creates a dynamic pose. Even though this piece appears unfinished i do not hold that against it. This is a great drawing except for the man and text that seems to have been added by a different artist. This one element really takes away from the rest of the drawing.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/LinkWip.png
This has to be one of the best images of link i have seen in quite a while this seems to be a perfect meld of 3d modeling and cgi drawing. The reason i say this is because his clothing and equipment are rendered with so much detail i feal i could touch them, is counter balanced with is face which is quite smooth and except for the shadows would be without detail. While the he is in the light which could mean he is a beacon of good in a world of evil. evil being the darkness around him.

Here are a couple of my images to be considered

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/patrickowens79/Hall_of_Justice.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/patrickowens79/AqSuperheros.jpg

Approved. Funny work btw.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:16:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 179
7/22/2009 5:43:51   
earth breather

Img one

This image was very finely drawn on paint. the lines and other things were made to represent a rainbow along with the wide open squares to make the length. it digs deep into contest and dakrness and other things aswell. the other masked men on the left and right---< and >- were made to represent jumping ninjas. this is a good signature for events and i do believe the colors go quite well. it is very bright and is an exeptional signature for events and the forums. i give this one a 9.5/10

Img two

This exeptionally made signature was made for my clan as when i was very new to it. this was one of my very first signature made. the red stripes were made to represent blood for how dark my clan is. it also is insignified with my clans name- nocturu that was were i made my very first mistake. i put a line down to the U and is now looks like a Y but the mistake does not matter me as it was a improvement. i know that this sig is very plain byut i had ony just joined the forums when it was created. this does not infect me as i do believe that it is a very very fine signature. i also shortend the face on the left <---- as i add this to my signatures very very often if it is just being created for myself. i give it a flat 7/10

quote:

Not approved.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:17:01 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
7/22/2009 10:09:37   
__ __

-My pic #1
-My pic #2

<---i did this because the links didnt work for me, srry.

CC: this picture is VERY detailed..its got very nice flow, and its colors attract the eye! i love how all the colors mix near him and he has the pop-out effect as if he's fighting the background like its trying to pull him into it. al-in-all i think this is an amazing picture! congratulations on whoever created it as its a vire good picture! the only real thing i could see wrong in my opinion is the top right corner, it is just a little bit to dark.

<--again this because the link didn't work...

CC: in this picture, iron man looks as if he is in the middle of a battle! i like how all the colors go perfect together in my opinion and it looks very good, i like how on his armor he has the marks making it look like he just got attacked or something, and the only thing wrong is on his left side beside his hand the red-ish smoke makes it look like he has a second hand, sorry if its meant to i just didn't know. but other than that i love the picture!

Oath: "I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:18:11 >
Post #: 181
7/25/2009 16:14:18   
Fodmunkio

Here is the second post i'm making, i misunderstood rules last time, so i'll go again

they are characters I made, 1st and 3rd were done on flash. 2nd on paint

1. I call it image 1

2. I call it image 2

+ a 3rd for good measure Image 3

Constructive critisism.

i really liked this image there is tonnes of details and great shading and effects the character is portrayed really well. the only thing that needs fixing is body proportion which is really hard to do but if it was perfected the character will look even better, and more solid. More befitting to his role. (i have trouble with that myself so i'm not really one to talk here)

Again I liked this image it has a lot of detail on it and the muscular definition is great on the wings and the back. I find it hard to draw dragons myself so I think this has really well captured the shape and details on the dragon. All I can say is to use plain paper rather than lined paper And a bit of color won't go amiss on this too, going over it with a pen so the detail isn't lost. Also add shading to the scales and legs to add depth to it.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/27/2009 18:19:01 >
DF  Post #: 182
7/27/2009 19:57:37   
Saint_Scream

Hey. Just thought I'd see my chances at opening a gallery.

Here are the 2 images of the custom weapons I created.

Balance Claymore

Emporer's Katana

Now, to the CC.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/scene2wj4.png
This pic is really good. The armor looks a bit scruffy though, and sorta out of place. I can't give this much criticism because it's based on one of my favourite games (Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles) But the armor does look a bit pixel-ey and some of the font on the skills is too big. And one of the characters lacks in a face.

IMAGE 2:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/2qc1kj7.jpg
This picture is also really good. It looks like it has been painted though. And the glare on the eyes it too white, almost blocking out parts of the eye. Also there are white dots everywhere where it looks like the artist has forgotten to join up a line. Otherwise, the picture is really good.

Oath: I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Hope its enough

~SS

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:02:32 >
Post #: 183
7/28/2009 14:39:16   
Alpha Atom

CC1

Although the image is not to my personal taste it has some good qualities. I like the way in which the artist has created the effect of Spider-man coming out of the lightning because it gives the work depth but in some places the lightning goes through Spider-man ruining the effect in those places. Also Spider-man's left shoulder looks slightly too square but other than that a good image.

CC2

The overall image is an excellent piece of work. The red, orange and yellow colours look good because they make it look as if Iron-Man is very powerful and is destroying everything. In places thouhg some of light is too bright such as the explosion and just behind him. I also don't like the way Iron-Man's left hand is duplicated. I think just looks as if there is something placed randomly in the image - It should be replaced by something maybe more fire or smoke. However it is very eye-catching and a worthy tag.

Now for my images:
Quibble On Your Back !

Ash Sprite

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Killer Atom -- 9/25/2009 15:48:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 184
7/28/2009 23:14:58   
BobbyBerserker

Oh may the leprechauns help me on my lucky third try.
Example 1- http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/Snickerssignature-1.png

Example 2- http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/Dare2Bstoopid/TheHero-1.png
I will be doing mostly AdventureQuestWorlds or Dragon Fable edits. with a splash of drawing and some weapon making.

I made the Symbiote avatar that I was using when I made this post

Now for my CC.
Image1 Iron Man

For iron man: This signature just radiates explosive power and delivers a message which is lacking in a lot of art (including mine) .This signature also has a good use of smoke but to me it seems it is overdone on top of iron man, if you reduced it would benefit the picture and reveal more of your artistic talent.

Image2 Link

This picture creates an awe of mystery and plants an image of an approaching enemy in your head, but there's some improvements that could better your art in a positive way. The back shoulder looks like it is disintegrating into the mist because of the dust around Link. To fix it you could define the edge of his shoulder to make it stand out more but still have the sort of magical and mysterious radiance around Link.

quote:

Approved. Keep working on you CC. And you might want to read tuts to work on your art.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:05:48 >
DF MQ  Post #: 185
7/29/2009 14:13:07   
__ __

Second time..hope im accepted. I did two new pics, i don't care for siggys.

CC: The image is really detailed, it looks really good, The shading makes it look like its 3D, The only thing that could be improved, is the body proportion, the arms are to long (far down) but thats it.

CC: Looks nice, very detailed, the shading is very nice, Looks 3D, (i like 3D things) how it seems like its looking back at you is a very nice touch. It's very good, the thing that takes away from the image is the wing on the left side, it would look better if it were just a little bit wider, not as skinny, the other one looks like its stretched out as far as it can go, if you (whoever drew it) meant for it to look like that then good job, if not, it would look much better if it were fixed. And lastly, the only other thing is it would look a little better on regular paper, but if you used the lines for proportion i can understand that, Thats fine.

My art: pic #1
pic #2

Oath: "I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved. Keep at your CC.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:06:21 >
Post #: 186
7/29/2009 20:17:20   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Image 1 - Sigs/Tags
Image 2 - Weapons/Armors for AQW (in PS and maybe Drawing)

The links doesn't work for me for some odd reason, but I check the rules very carefully.
quote:

At time images in links may not work. This is not in my hands. Links are provided by an outside source. If this happens to you. Pick to images that other people have CCed for your CC

This image has great effects. This signature is full of emotion, you can feel that Spiderman is angry while in great pain. By simply looking at the expressions at his hands, you can see that the pain is too much for Spiderman. The lighting in the background really helps to show Spiderman's anger. Great work, but I would suggest to have some color variations and adding a light source near the top left of his head because there really is no light source.
Overall: 8/10

One of the best signatures I have seen in a long time. The maker has used shadows to create depth, which makes the render look like it popping out of the background, and the render is blending in with the background and the background it self has a "forest" like feeling too. The lighting is good and matches the lighting with the lighting in the render. The sig flows consistently, which is excellent for the feel of this sig. The sig itself is balance because there's not too much clutter and not too little. Overall I love this signature.
Overall: 10/10

Edit: forgot to add this part
quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:06:44 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
7/31/2009 17:04:35   
Sea

Neon Text Sig
Naruto Vs. Sasuke in negative colors

Well, I really wish it had more color. In my opinion I love to see clashes of colors. so to me this seems kind of bland. The good points I liked were how the goo if taking him over. His emotion is showning he wants nothing to do with the goo. the I think that this picture would be a lot better without the lightning. I really don't see the point of it. I think a much better backround would be the city in which spiderman lives. The right hand (on the left side) really irritates me. when I look at it, I think of a mess of shapes. the left hand (right side) looks somewhat like a hand, but I think it could be better. Over all I think it deserves a 8/10

I personally think it is better than the above one. I like the different shades of orange, red, and yellow. the city which he lives is in the backround. But I truly thionk the fire could use a little work. I like the scratches on his face making him look mad and like he just got out of a fight.Some things I dislike are that the whole backround is more of just a flame. The lighting is great in this though. it has the perfect feel for it. Over all think this deserves a 9/10

Oops (/facepalm) I forgot this too

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:07:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 188
7/31/2009 20:59:12   
Coldkick

Galaxy
Ringed Planet
If those links give errors you can view my picasa albums to see my work. Coldkick's Picasa Gallery

The first thing I noticed when I saw this piece was that the brightness of the area around the hands was a little too high, bleaching most of Brad's hands and clothes giving it an odd look. The second thing I noticed was that he begins to blend into the background. It would have been much more effective if Brad's body was fully visible and had a stronger color to separate him from the background.
Overall: 8.5/10

The first thing I noticed when I saw this piece was the faded color to the left of the girl. It sets the feel of the image off as well as taking your focus away from the POI (Point of Interest) being the girl. The second thing I noticed was that the image had a feel of being Bi-Chromatic (use of only two colors) a cream and an orange-red. Use of more color would raise the attractiveness by a nice margin. The third thing that doesn't really suit the image is the word "Romance" unless it is a connection to the color of the image.
Overall : 8/10

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:07:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 189
8/1/2009 8:28:08   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/zsvo6c.png

This is a very good image except for the fact that the dark blue makes it slighty difficult to see the full detail. Other than this problem I found that the pespective is good an the detail makes it look very 3D with the light spots other detail is also very good such as the eye and horns are very good. The backround I found did not complement the colours of the dragon. I think a better backround would be a slightly bolder with a darker colour and a lighter dragon.
Overall:7 out of ten.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg

The first thing I thought when I saw this was wow the detail is amaizing for the dragon and manages to pull attention to it very well the one down side is the contrast between it and the dentist the horns teeth and eyes are perfect. The main problem with the dentist is the fact that he apperes worse because of contrast between him and the dragon. This is the one thing I would change in the picture by adding depth and detail to the person you could improve this picture a bit.
overall:10 out of 10.

Here's my art
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv128/PlasmaCharge/SCAN0002.jpg?t=1249130646

and
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv128/PlasmaCharge/Runehawk21-1.jpg?t=1249129581

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves./quote]

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:07:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
8/4/2009 18:19:14   
phyco bot

(first try at AA. a first try is like a shot in the dark with no flash light)
my examples
example 1
example 2

CC 1
well its a glorious sword with tremendous shading on the golden blade, but the handle could use some more work i do say so myself. maybe u could use some of that shading skill on the handle.i like how u did the gems 3D looking instead of 2D. The hilt of the sword was very detailed with the many parts instead of one. so i say my overall rating is 9.2/10

CC 2 (link broken?)
well the first thing i said when i saw this was....are the lines moving? well to be truthful i think that the background is dull considering its only of two colors. the girl ,though, looked like a lot of work went into her. I like how the lines dissapear into the lighter part of the brown, but i wouldn't go so heavy on the front lines if i were you since it seems she is walking forwards. It doesn't show much happiness so i would go so far as "depressing"
overall rating: 8.7/10

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:09:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 191
8/7/2009 0:22:57   
chrismas3110

Picture 1 Click anywhere on the mask
Picture 2- It's my copy of J6's copyright infringement sword

CC1

I like how you can feel the pain that spidey is going through in this image. I believe that the artists could be portraying spideys anger and feelings in this image by the bolts of lightning. It also producers the key elements of art for example the tone of the backgound produces a red sky that would go well in a horror movie.

CC2

I like how the background shows dispair and darkness with the rubble of the building and then it almost shows that this dispair will not last long due to the radient beams of light coming from the right side of the halo guy. The halo solider almost seems to be staring towards you and gesturing you to help him escape this world

I love constructive critiscm so if anyone has any don't be afraid to PM :)

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:10:43 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 192
8/7/2009 22:01:09   
KeyFrame
Banned

Approval Request

Post two forms of art you wish to post in the Gallery
http://megaswf.com/view/618e299868f44b7e2e5fcd8ce5e2615e.html
http://megaswf.com/view/ecbd67e22a44f13ab0e85a240a36a51d.html

2. Give constructive criticism to the following images.
[Image 1]
[Image 2]

1 The hair skin and ears are very bright in this picture and there isnt like a render like a background thing because its just a sketch of a girl without a background(duh).Eh, the girl it self has some sketchie not smooth edges and is a little un-seeable if you know what I mean its kinda small and un-detailed but its a great choice of colors all though still a tad bright. But the best part of this picture is the angle its facing becuase its at one of the most difficult angles, an aqw angle, side-front and that is even more difficult to do to draw. Leading lines in the uper shoulders is an A ok :D. The picture was pretty basic, but If I had to pick out anything with some nice detail(which I do..)It would be the hair.. if you looked at my link youll see im not good at ''hair'' and this really kicked my butt. Honesty is Honoristy so par say, I thought my only liking in this picture was the hair.

Intermission :D

2 Haha, pretaining to me, the skin tone and armor are both dark and gloomy and once more, the picture has a white or no background which is sad because I love backgrounds. Unfortunently the picture is so small pixeled( unsmooth, squarie lines) that it gives the picture no emotional bond between the character,sword,armor.Shading was fantastic all in all with the armor and sword. Its at a dragonfable angle, side/side which is par say, easy and less desireable to draw or make. Overall pretty good considering the size of it but the possition of the character is original so I wouldnt call this a great picture or art, more of a sig.

hopefully that depression guy helped me, or im hopeless.
worst comes to worst I just have a sig to my art gallery page LOL

quote:

quote:

< Message edited by KeyFrame -- 8/10/2009 20:46:54 >
Post #: 193
8/8/2009 8:08:53   
flamen dingo

My first AQW Armour Edit, I had to redo the thigh as it was giving me troubles xD
Are you my...?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Disorder.jpg
I like...how you get this feeling of misunderstanding from the Artists point of view.
Although I think the glow on the guitar's bridge is a little bit over the top, it just looks like overkill with the background.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/gaze.png
This bit of art really offer's a magical feel to it. The background fits almost perfectly, if only the yellow bar wasn't there.

Both render's are perfectly done.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2009 19:12:00 >
DF MQ  Post #: 194
8/11/2009 22:04:33   
baba
Banned

http://img188.imageshack.us/i/greencopy.png/
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8871/dexter.png/

The criticism:

It's a decent tag. The effects are excellent but lack depth. Which, in my opinion,is a distraction considering the combination of lack of depth and coloring appears distracting. Personally, I dislike the displacement effect because it eliminates depth and stunts the coloring process. It can be an amazing addition in some cases but i think in this tag that it would benefit without the displacement map.

I rather like this tag. The coloring adds a unmistakenable mood. The effects are minimalistic but fitting. My only complaint would be the face in the backround and lack of depth. The face, in a way, creates a opposing mood towards purples of the tag. The purples seem to create a mood of lust or ect. while the face creates a mood of sadness. As for the depth, more effects in the foreground should fix that.

quote:

< Message edited by baba -- 8/11/2009 22:05:53 >
DF  Post #: 195
8/12/2009 17:43:37   
DragonX

Example 1
Example 2

CC 1:
This image was very nicely done. I feel like I've finally leveled 29 and am playing again after a year. The color contrast was very well chosen, but the eyes on the third and first figure aren't noticeable. The priest is quite detailed as well as Lorine and the two escorts. The names of the special attacks are a bit squished. The picture has good depth. It's a very nice picture though and the artist should make more of this kind of art. 9/10

CC 2:
The Dragon is Amazingly detailed! It's really a piece of art to behold. It's like a scientist has made a picture of his newest creation. then his grandchild drew a little doctor for his/her grandfather to be annoyed. But there are some problems such as the one tooth that seem to be connected to the right nostril? the rest of it was awesome. The doctor on the other hand needs to be darker and the text is hard to see so that needs to be fixed. 8/10 (the doctor needs to be fixed)

quote:

" I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves. "

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:28:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 196
8/14/2009 10:03:59   
DKX

Example 1
Example 2

The tag is really nice, and the backround colours matches Spidey.
and it is very detailed. The lighting and the rain is done nicely.
I would like the see some clouds in the tag.
The white lightning matching his eyes quite well.
As I remember him, he had a blue trim instead of black.
but that might because he is mad, angry or is in pain.
I don't like the border since it kinda draws my attention away for Spidey, it should be smaler, or removed in my opinion,
Besides the border I liked it alot.

I really like this tag. It almost looks like I am looking in a comic book.
The smoke looks good, not to much but not to little either.
The backround is good and the explosion is very detailed, and matches Iron Man.
It looks like he is in a battle, or is about to attack something, Of couse he is in some kind of "attack/fighting possision".
The shading is good, it looks like it had a lot of time put into it.
I don't understand why he should have a extra right hand though.
It should be removed in my opinion. Otherwise it is a amazing tag.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:28:53 >
Post #: 197
8/15/2009 23:31:05   
Pizzaboi

image1
Image2

CC-1

The lighting is amazing as well as the raw emotion shown in the tag,as spiderman is shuddering with his anger.
the Color scheme has a good flow,but in order to show the "Storm" complex,an offcolorization is lacking.
great decison of effects and placement of them.
Overall a 9.0/10

CC-2

The lighting is natural,and the render and background easily blend together.
the background is amazing,it gives link a spotlight in the forest,or maybe a tinted green sky,as link's emotion of fear or courage and bravery come through as link turns around.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:29:23 >
DF  Post #: 198
8/16/2009 13:14:37   
Skyline
Battle On!

Two forms of art I wish to post in the Gallery:
Example 1
Example 2

The shading of this picture has brought an incredible amount of depth into view. The design of the dragon is perfect as it is. However, to bring out the object more, the color choice should be reconsidered. It could be dark gray for the background, or anything that wouldn't give the picture too much contrast. There are some areas with small dots left of the parts that has not been erased. The outline is a little edgy. These could be easily fixed and it will make the picture much more clean. One last thing that I think would like to add is shadow, sometimes people forget about it, but it's one of the most important thing in a drawing. This picture is very good overall, not everyone can draw like this, with more practice, your work will make perfect.

Amazing. Like it says in the caption, the woman is gazing into depth, past the screen, and right at you. Everything blends in with one another, very smooth. This picture has very warm tone, giving the viewer a lonely and sad feeling. One thing though, the left portion (the black yellow part) would look better if it was blurred out and blended with the background. Good effects overall.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:30:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
8/16/2009 14:46:45   
xxDestroyer_of_Lightxx

example 1 [http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6862/siggy1v.jpg]example 2[/link]

The very first thing I noticed when I saw this image is the cape. The cape is pixelized at the end. I noticed the sword and armor ar very detailed and must have been hard to create. The outline is a good solid black and I think it really matches the armor and sword. The shadow effects on the cape are very good and seem to make it as if the cape is actually there. The ram horns on his head are a bit dark and should be lightened about 2%. Other then those things the image is very good.
9/10

When I saw this image I thought in my mind wow that is hand drawn. The wings and head are very detailed especially the horns. I recommend to the drawer to draw on plain white paper not lined. The tail is very detailed and the spikes really make the dragon seem there. The artist must have took at least 3 hours making this like the way it is. I loved the entire thing except for the lined paper. The artist should make more of this art because he is very amazing at it. 10/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:31:06 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition