Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/17/2009 3:45:49   
moogleoftheages

note: Wow gallery approval is exciting x3

Example 1

This won a cute contest, nevertheless, I think the outlines although they highlight the characters on the page and also I reckon that they are a to bold, cutting out the other characters around them. It needs a background to go with it as well, or fill the whole page up full of monsters! Must of took some time to do with the monsters already on the page, lastly the words should of been bolder, this would of gave the drawing a bigger impact.

Still cute drawing

8/10

Example 2

This is a picture of Ai No Miko, in her alpha pirate suit, its a nice drawing I do like the difference of distances you have set, with the island and sea in the background then the picture draws you in to the deck of the ship. The arms of Ai No Miko seem a bit to long for her body, they could of done with being a bit shorter, though I can understand drawing an Alpha Pirate is no easy task. Lastly the wood effect could of been a little lighter, the deck seems a little overpowering though the shading of the ships hull takes the edge of the piece.

A nicely shaded drawing despite errors

7/10

Keep it up
____

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. Recheck the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:31:56 >
Post #: 201
8/22/2009 6:57:31   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

My Art 1
My Art 2

I like this image very much indeed, the woman in the image gives a sense of comfort and peace. The background is what makes this image a masterpeice, it blends in very well with the other objects in the image. Extreme detail and care has been taken into creating such an image, and that shows throughout. Nothing seem's out of place in this image, it is all portrayed wonderfully, I wasnt sure about the white text being placed into it though.

I believe this image to portray a sense of achievement and accomplishment. I said this because it is as if he is standing proud and victorious over what he has done. I immediately noticed the lighting effect from the top right hand corner that shines down onto him, this gives an astonishing effect. The background appears to be of a barren waste land which maybe his battles where held, this also matches the armour, which makes this image ever more brilliant and fascinating to look at. The edges are a little blurry as i noticed but that is always not a bad thing, as it can bring the image to life in certain circumstances.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:32:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
8/24/2009 0:00:06   
tflo
A True Hunter

Here are my art examples.

Calvin & Hobbes Snow Picture
Evil Side Signature (AQW)

My constructive Criticism 1
Img. 1: Taste
A very good image. It brings out the sense of taste in even me, as if I am the one tasting the food on the spoon. The person eating the food on the spoon appears to be in an at ease state and seems to be enjoying the food as there are white glows coming off of her face. She also seems to be savoring the food as her eyes are closed, yet looking at the food going into her mouth. I think how the black and white was a good choice for this particular picture because the picture's general idea is simple, yet it has a deeper meaning to it. Eating is a complex process that is viewed as, as simple. Overall, a very good picture.

Constructive Criticism 2
Bradd Pitt
The man (Brad Pitt) seems to be stressed over something, something all celebrities seem to be nowadays. The light by his fingers bring out the fact he is in deep concentration and the blurriness on the outside of him brings out his stress. It seems that he is smoking to get out of his stress, something many people resort to in order to try to get away from their problems. Many find themselves consumed in their addiction, something that might add to the stressful environment around him... Overall, a deep picture.

Oath:

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:33:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 203
8/24/2009 23:27:55   
normie

Examples:
Art. 1
Art. 2

constructive Criticism 1
Sig. 1
This sig looks very nice. I think that the black and grey colors make the brighter colors shine very nicely. With the spoon on her lips, it looks as if she is about to have something tasty, like a cake or something. This whole picture seems focust on one thing, taste, and by the looks of this woman im guessing that she is trying to block out all other senses to focus on the taste of the food. She has a slight smile on her face so my guess is that she must be enjoying her food. I thing that this signature is one of the best ive ever seen and deserves a 10/10 for being very realistic.

Constructive Criticism 2
Sig. 2
Brad pitt seems as he is entering his own world, blocking out everything else. Maybe something stressful is coming up or just happened. By the looks of it he just needs a moment to himself to think. I like how the back round is blurred so it enhances the consept of him being in his world, alone. Famous people like brad pitt get stressed constantly, and need a way to separate them from the rest of the world. Their life is tough, and I can understand. This picture got me to think to myself a little more about these people, and I needed that. I give this picture a 9/10. Great job to the artist

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:33:27 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 204
8/25/2009 22:05:41   
Shimitshy

Third times a charm... right...RIGHT!?!?!?!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/brendan_h2o/swordman.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/brendan_h2o/bowman2.jpg

sigs

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/sentimento.png
I love the color composition. It's simply beautiful. The colors work very well together. It essentially feels very chilled. The lighting is also quite superb, the refletions on the woman's shirt is dassling. Altogether though... the signature feels quite off-balance. The color of the text and the text itself in "Sentimento - Garth" doesn't work for me. The sharpness of the letters throws off the whole feeling. But again the color combination is the real epic thing.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/HeathLedger.png
Relaxation is the first word that comes to my mind. Like the past signature it has a wonderful color composition.The blurring in the sig is, for the most part, very well done, but I feel that the blurring of the Heath Ledger's shirt is just off. The sand next to his shirt look's like it is his arm, which confused me for a little while. That is another throw off. The sig adds up vey nicely even though it has a few problems.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:33:56 >
AQ  Post #: 205
8/27/2009 19:00:59   
[Aegis]
Creative!

Piece 1
Piece 2

CC1
Ok, let me start by saying that this is an amazing drawing. I know just how long it takes to acquire such skill. There is great all around detail, and a look on his face that says, "Don't mess with me." Everything looks natural, and nothing seems to be misformed. There are some things that could be improved upon. The first that I noticed is that the proportions are off. The dragon's head is much too big for its body and legs. Also the dragon's right wing is cut off at the edge of the paper. Although it was out of your control, it still takes away from the whole look. The last thing I can point out is that there are still traces from the skeleton of the dragon. An easy way to avoid this is by drawing the skeleton lightly to make an easier erase later.

CC2
Once again, I must say that this is yet another masterpiece. The detail and shading put into this piece is fenominal. I also love the comical dentist. Though it is just a doodle, I love that even it has detail, as you can see the floss running down the dragon's china area. There are a few mistakes though. The first thing that popped out at me was the body. The proportions of the head and body are off, as the head is far too big for the body. Also, if you follow your way down the left nostril, you'll notice that the tooth there is merged with the nose. This can easily be fixed by adding a gum line to the inside of the mouth.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:34:12 >
Post #: 206
8/28/2009 13:55:32   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Example 1
Example 2

I like the way this photo is an Emotion, without the colours of the Emotion. The Render works extremely well with the dull colour scheme as the Render's features are clear even without colours seperating certain features. I feel the sparks of light, flashing away from the Render take away too much attention from the Text, and crowds the Tag. I would say the Tag flows beautifully, but those sparks of light make it less smooth. The Text works really well with the Tag, it just doesn't stand out. The Text Font is lovely, but the Colour is one of the main problems on why the Text does not stand out in the Tag - it's too Dull and comes close with matching with the Background. I really like the Render, Colour Scheme, Background, Feel and the Flow of the Tag, they all come together to create a great Tag. The Text on the other hand, isn't so good. This is mainly down to the sparks of light, and Colour of the Text. I really dislike the sparks of light, as you probably guessed due to my constant complaints. For me, this effect ruins the Tag, without it, this would be a near perfect Tag. Overall, an excellent Tag, only things to improve are the removal of the sparks of light Effect, and making the Text more visable.

The Render works perfect with the Colour Scheme. To me, the use of the Colours show a deep, darker Story behind the Render - this helps with the Render as it is true. I like the use of different techniques in different patches of the Tag. For Example, on one side of the Rendeer, there's a Cloud/Scale Technique used with the Colours, on the other side of the Render, there's a Thin Wavey Technique being used. I really like the greyish Tone on thye whole Tag - it makes the Render fit in with the brightening used over it. Although the Background is just a Colour Scheme of different Techniques, it makes the Tag seem Full. The Border makes the Tag feel enclosed, I like the way it flows well with the Render. Out of everything, I like the choice of Colours the most. The Greens, Blues, Yellows and Greys all blend together with the certain Tone of the Tag. Overall, there's not much room for improvement, if not none. I enjoy the general feel of the Tag. Near enough to perfect.

~Zyrain

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:34:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 207
8/30/2009 11:23:04   
Vice

quote:

I'll be posting mostly sigs. I've been working on and off with GIMP for over a year, and can understand pretty much every function. I use renders from Planetrenders (I seriously reccomend them for renders) and my image host is Photobucket. Here are two examples of my work, these are both my most recent pieces and I had a lot of fun making them.

Constructive Criticism...

A good sig, it's almost disturbing. There is good use of a C4D in the background, that adds to the effect nicely. I can find 2 problems with it. Not really problems but ways to improve it. In my opinion and mine only, I think it needs a border and a little more colour. A splash of red would drasticly improve the sig.

It's again a good image, not as good as the first but it's still good. I can find another 3 problems with it, but these are pretty important. No text. I believe every sig needs text, whether it be your name, or just the title of the piece. Again, no border. Borders don't matter as much really but I think sigs work better with them, just to cut them off from everything else on the page. And finally, it's too cliche. Naruto is used in a lot of sigs, I try to steer away from anime renders.

I registered for the forums about 10 minutes ago. That doesn't mean I'm here to cause a ruckus. I just want somewhere to meet fellow artists like myself and have my work seen and appreciated/hated.

Thankyou for considdering my application,
~Vice

Approved. Keep working on your CC, its a bit lacking.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/31/2009 6:35:57 >
DF MQ  Post #: 208
8/31/2009 23:38:35   
Pizzaboi

Alrighty,2nd time,here i come :3

Image 1
Image 2
Mostly Tags and handdrawn art.

CC

The lighting is great,very natural.the background was a great pick,for it shows as a forest type scene,and the render was great for the color scheme and the tag was filled well.
The black streak in the background ends the light unnaturaly,though.the border was a good size,just enough to end the tag but not too big to cover the tag.
I personally loved this tag when i saw it.Overall,it is a great tag and I'd give it a 9.5/10

CC

when i saw this tag,i saw a great color scheme and spidey's raw emotion.The render placement is good,and that the background doesnt take away attention from spidey,but rather guides it to him.
I also noticed that the blurring around spidey made it look as if the rain was tapping against him,and the storm around him amplified his emotion.
But on his right hand,instead of it looking like rain tapping on him,but it looks as if hes fading.Im not sure if that was put it intentionally,but overall a great sig indeed. 9.0/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/3/2009 21:50:50 >
DF  Post #: 209
9/2/2009 16:31:44   
Tokijin

Exampe Art 1
Exampe Art 2

Constructive Criticism 1:

I love how the artist put a tremendous detail and skill into this beautiful drawing. The way the dragon is drawn makes you feel a sense of fear and a "Don't mess with me kind of feeling".
I do like the fact how the artist added the dentist in there for comedic relief, but it really takes away the uniqueness and ferocity from the picture. I also seem to notice one of the teeth on the dragon goes straight up to the nose.
I recommend a jaw line to make it more symmetrical and in place like the rest of the teeth. Overall excellent drawing I will give it a 4.2/5.

Contructive Critisism 2:

I really love this signature. It really portray's Link in true depth and detail. The usage the greys and darker colours really adds to the render. The usage of the darker colours in contrast to the brighter colours adds to the fact that it
seems THe character is trying to get away from the darkness which is put to good usage in this render. There is little errors done in the signature and is almost flawless. Overall, This is a very excellent signature. 4.7/5

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/3/2009 21:51:54 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 210
9/3/2009 0:23:09   
Sir Freddrick

Armor Design

Weapon Design

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/naruto-1.png
Great Work! The dissolve into the background could have been portrayed better. The clouds on the right seem to jump way to quickly to a solid color which makes the observer seem less interested. The hair needs to be fixed it blends in way to much to the clouds behind the person.The character is very well done. It's very stylized which makes it more unique. The black jacket goes great as a dissolve into the clouds. There is also a line on the left which cuts off the image from the background, it's faded but still visible.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png
Nice fireworks displayed! There is a bit to much bright on the left side and that draws away from the character. The building on the left is hardly noticed and you have to really be looking at the art to really see it. The characters right hand seems to be a bit too close to its body, maybe a bit farther away would really help the dramatic effect of an escape.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Sir Freddrick -- 9/4/2009 0:00:05 >
AQW  Post #: 211
9/3/2009 23:49:57   
monkeyd

My two submissions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rPT-DDXPJ0 (This one’s rather old)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phU9HNuFCk (Very recent)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/24gkqvr.jpg
Alt image 1 CC: I like the idea of the robot itself. It’s obvious from the start that its design was well thought out. However, there could be a pilot for the robot, and the robot’s right leg looks very two dimensional. In addition, the right arm has been cut off. Perhaps the leg could be angled towards the viewer in order to make the upper side shown, and there could be a smaller robot (or a person) in the cockpit. A definite must is to rescan the image to make the right arm shown fully.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png
Alt image 2 CC: This character mixes old and new, medieval armor and modern guns. However, this character is simply standing still in an extremely unnatural pose. The character could be improved by changing the pose. Perhaps leaning against a wall, with a gun in one hand and one foot on the ground?

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:37:10 >
AQ  Post #: 212
9/4/2009 0:03:33   
Sir Freddrick

Armor Design

Weapon Design

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/naruto-1.png
Great Work! The dissolve into the background could have been portrayed better. The clouds on the right seem to jump way to quickly to a solid color which makes the observer seem less interested. The hair needs to be fixed it blends in way to much to the clouds behind the person.The character is very well done. It's very stylized which makes it more unique. The black jacket goes great as a dissolve into the clouds. There is also a line on the left which cuts off the image from the background, it's faded but still visible.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png
Nice fireworks displayed! There is a bit to much bright on the left side and that draws away from the character. The building on the left is hardly noticed and you have to really be looking at the art to really see it. The characters right hand seems to be a bit too close to its body, maybe a bit farther away would really help the dramatic effect of an escape. Their is a great intensity throughout the piece. There is alot of line which gives it cartoon feel but there is also a lot of dimension and 3-D feel to make it realistic as well. The ground control is very well done from the foreground of the hand and the middle ground as the character and the background as the explosion and building. The detail on the mask can be approved by keeping the metal texture and not have the grains since his back is turned on the crash.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:38:02 >
AQW  Post #: 213
9/4/2009 5:39:36   
Pseudocelestial

[ 1 ]

This image shows lineart for a dagger that I designed in Flash CS3 Professional.
This image is just an edit of a screenshot of my character in AdventureQuest Worlds to show the positioning of the same dagger.

[ 2 ]

Alternative Image 1

The proportions of the dragon's body parts are well thought out, but the positioning of them seems awkward. You can see that the dragon is sitting and looking over its shoulder. Yet, if you look at the positioning of the legs, arms/wings, and tail/spine you'd think that it would be falling backwards (at least, that's how I think t would be). this is because there is a lot of weight going down in the back, and the legs and tail are touching the ground in the front. That should break the equilibrium and make the dragon fall backwards.

The choice of colors is great on everything but one part: the eye. For some reason the sclera (whites of the eye) are yellow. It does seem to fit the other colors pretty well, but to me it just doesn't make much sense. I dislike the choice of blue as well. I suggest going for a light green to fit the rest of the dragon. The shading is all placed well and there is a lot of variety in color, but you may want to work on the texture of your painting style.

Overall, I think this piece of art is pretty good (I would give it a 6/10). Nice job on it.

Alternative Image 2

I like this piece a lot. Though, there are a few problems that I have noticed.

The proportions of parts of this piece don't seem logical. I can see that some joint places are either bending the wrong way or are sized irregularly. The elbows do not seem to be as large as they should be (in comparison to the hands) and are bending a little too much in the wrong direction. The knees seem to be too small as well. The arms look just a little too long, and the left foot (the character's left) may need to be elongated.

Besides that, everything else seems to be be okay or great. I like the color choices and the texture the most. Overall, I would say that it is an overall good piece (7.5/10).

[ 3 ]

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:38:22 >
Post #: 214
9/4/2009 10:52:21   
chrismas3110

Image 1
Image 2-
CC1.

I like this image because the reds and oranges (or hot colours as my art teacher would say) blend amazingly together. I also like how the artist uses a cartoon effect on Iron mans features. I like the background more then Iron man due to the time that has gone into creating it. You can tell this by building work done to the right of Iron Man. It shows shadow and shading on it and this is critical when producing a piece of artwork. The Explosion is so realistic it isn't like the cartoon marvel ones where it is just smoke and no flames, you can almost feel the burn on your eyebrows.

CC2

When I look at artwork like this I always check out the realism first, not the colours or how pretty the character is. The shading on links face makes the 2-D shape 3-D, the effect of the white glow shows you this is a good guy but his facial expression gives the opposite effect. The artist doesnt forget about Link's shadow in the background. Links Royal Blue eyes (I think the shades royal blue) also gives the effect of a good guy and someone you could trust.

I'm not too good at CC's :P

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:39:01 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 215
9/4/2009 15:25:17   
Zereniath

Examples: Light Slayer Devils horn

Alt Image 1 :
+ the image is in isometric view and still retains similarity on both sides
- shading doesn't seem to be centered around one or 2 light sources
+ good style and very nice design of a robot
Comments:
it looks nice, though isnt very practical and it looks like its about to fall over , though above that the drawing is pleasing to look at and seems to capture a certain mood.

Alt Image 2 :
+ very nice and elegant line art
+ shading is perfect
+ very realistic
- the picture isnt finished
Comments:
Its a very nice drawing with some added humor, though it doesn't match (due to the realism of the dragon).

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:39:21 >
Post #: 216
9/5/2009 15:52:13   
who remembers jet

Tag #1
Tag #2

Coloring is not cohesive between the render and the background, the two greens are a start, but the different shades throw it out of wack. The background is for the most part bland, unappealing and lacking depth other than the top leftmost corner. Blending is moderate, the brushing could cover his shoulder more on the right (your right) and to add depth it could use without the overlap on the left. Contrast is non-existent, giving the tag a nice dark touch though the lack of contrast hurts it, making it look too bland. Typo is nicely placed and creative, though moreover in the side of a background since it is not legible. Overall it needs some more contrast to make it more exciting, and perhaps some effects since there are none present in it's current state. Otherwise it is a solid foundation for a potentially great piece of work.

Again coloring is at a lack of cohesion, the purple light takes away from this mainly. For lighting don't start off with a soft colored brush, use a large white brush and click outside the canvas. Let the filters and color layers do the coloring for you, never try to make a tag with 100% your own done coloring unless you have intensely focused on this beforehand. Flow is uncoordinated between the two sides, with them each splitting in the middle. Good attempt at depth, now it just needs to be enhanced with more dodge/blur/saturation/burn/sharpness and the like. Typo needs to be fixed, I highly recommend using a simpler font (yes, simpler than that!) and ditching the clipping masks in this type of tag. Placement might also be better if placed to her opposite shoulder, though nice concept with her looking at it. I just personally think that for the render it would fit a better concept if it were out of her vision, as the render looks saddened or troubled.

EDIT: After looking around on the forums a bit, it seems I've been much too harsh..seems like the standards have gone down quite significantly..guess in my mind these are going from about Moderate to like Pro. :/
Not going to change what I've said about them though, set an example of what used to be light, smiley and short CC. >_>

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:40:05 >
AQ  Post #: 217
9/7/2009 17:13:59   
Trydeth

Let's see if I can get in now...
My Art:
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs47/150/i/2009/189/8/4/knight_vs__rogue_by_trydeth.png
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs47/150/i/2009/189/2/c/berserker_champion__aqw_by_trydeth.png
Critiques:

Example 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/zsvo6c.png

Alrighty, This one is quite nice in the idea but it lacks the necessary proportions for it truly to be perfect as well as proper shading in coloration. First off, the neck of the dragon appears to change in width in a single point instead of of a more gradual adjustment that it needs to explain the inclosing of the dragon's face. This can be fixed easily by removing a smidge off the top of the neck where it archs and begins to reach the head. Not too much or the neck would truly appear to reach in, a mistake that many artists make on first attempts of such a thing. Second would the the left hind leg's proportion. Based one the shape of the right leg, the shin of the dragon's leg should be a bit longer; even though the leg is farther away. Just take into consideration with the next sketch b/c once something like this has happened, it is not easy to repair. The mistake to follow after that would be the shaping of the chest and the muscles that make it up. It lacks the proper flow by having that single set of muscle stick out and just cause imbalance to the body, streamline it with the other parts of the belly and this problem should not occur again.

Now while it may have some mistakes, it does have some good strong points that bring it back up. The way the face is shaped and hte increase in details is very nice and well done. Just about the rest of the body that was not already been judged appears to be well made except that left wing but in my opinion, nothing could have been done about it due to the positioning of the body. The colors well chosen and nice done but could had used a few more shades of blue to give it a cleaner look to it. All in all, the image deserves a 6/10, for good but not great.

Example 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg

This one is going to take a while... :P Phew... Alright. To start off, lets begin about the overall basis of the body's position. When I look at the spine of the dragon I see one problem with it. It doesn't flow. Compared the position of the legs and head of it, the spine and scales lining the back appear to be dropping in angle to quickly and causes the hind legs to appear to not be attached. B/c of this, the image is coming apart at the hinges! The only way I can see of this sketch being recovered is to add more scales to the back. This means redoing not jsut the scales and spikes going down the tail but redistribute the wings where it connects to the body. Very very hard to do this far in. Second major problem, HIS HEAD IS MASSIVE. No dragon in their right mind can hold up such a massive head without ending up with a hunch! Shrink the head and hte neck. Fact is, he is too top heavy is too likely to tip over or suffer serious problem due to his own lack of upper body strength to lift a head of that size! Truly that is what ruins most of this image. I am sorry. I give this one a 3/10 due the very weak sense of proportionality. I have no strong points to give this one.

~Trydeth :P

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/7/2009 17:40:22 >
Post #: 218
9/7/2009 20:20:28   
C216

Examples:
Example 1
Example 2

Constructive Criticism:

Image 1:

The colors of this tag do not really blend well. The background's green is lighter than the render. The colors blend, but where he is standing and his mood do. It looks as if he ran off and went to paint graffiti. There are many white spots in the tag, but I believe it is a part of the graffiti. It has no more room and it isn't cluttered or too empty. I liked his mood and the graffiti since I like graffiti myself. The colors and blending I didn't like at all. It doesn't catch my eye at all. Overall, I enjoyed the green and white. It seems as if it was done by a beginner, but I'll give a 7/10.

Image 2:

This tag is amazing! All the colors blend in with the render and make it appealing. The background and the render are perfect, and allow it to catch other's eyes. It seems as if the tag was cluttered together to add more affect to it. It doesn't help at all, just making it worse. The black line border just makes it seem as if it was cut out of a comic strip and make it seem as if it was just scanned and colored. The hand I see coming from the left of the tag makes no complete sense at all. It is as if he has a third arm, which would really spook someone out if they saw it. The black spots on the mask makes it look as if he was in a tough battle. I don't really like it, but it still catches my eye. The blending is magnificent and is really appealing. Overall, it's an excellent tag and would recieve a 9/10.

Sorry if this is not good enough.

quote:

Approved

Awesome! Thanks Grafh!

< Message edited by chaos2106 -- 9/10/2009 15:38:46 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 219
9/8/2009 23:58:14   
monkeyd

My two submissions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rPT-DDXPJ0 (This one’s rather old)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phU9HNuFCk (Very recent)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/24gkqvr.jpg
Alt image 1 CC: This robot looks a lot sturdier than most other designs I have seen. It has a nice array of well-drawn weapons, as well, and it’s easy to tell what the weapons are. I like the tiny details in this picture, like the circuitry on the front, and the lights on the sides. However, I think that it would help a lot if this robot was colored, so depth could be perceived. Also, it seems to me that the picture should be resized so the right arm is not cut off.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png
Alt image 2 CC: This is a very well-rounded character: the lines are well defined, and the picture is not pixilated at all. The character is proportional, and the minute details on the clothing give it a certain flair. However, I think it would help if the character was not simply standing, but in a pose showing what it can do (such as firing the guns from the holster, or just leaning on the wall).
quote:

Approved. Be sure to state who's music you are using on your youtube links.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/10/2009 6:56:31 >
AQ  Post #: 220
9/9/2009 16:36:48   
Nuthen

Pivot GIMP

Image 1: Overerall you can tell a lot of time was put into it, I like how the scales along the back smoothly transition to the spikes along the tail, but the smudges around the picture could have been prevented by putting another peice of paper under your drawing hand. Though the right wing is hanging off the page, next time you might want to make the image a little smaller or turn the paper sideways. 7/10

Image 2: All of the shades transition around smoothly, and the red and blue give it a kind of "I could decide to ignore you, or tear your face off if I wanted to" feeling. Though the backround color could be a bit darker, I sandy-yellow will catch your attention first, but that should be the main images job. You might want some red on the inside of the wings and down the stomach for effect. 6/10

Edit: I've redone it now, with more detail and criticism.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/16/2009 17:51:25 >
Post #: 221
9/12/2009 18:44:06   
Zendry

My Photos:

I like the way that the the smoke trails and the way that the artist put as much effort in the backround and backround effects as he/she did the main character in the image. I think that the explosions are very good to attract a viewer because the colors will pop which make any viewer want to see some more. I however do not like the way the right hand reflects so clearly and far away. In my opinion, it would have looked better if the reflected hand was closer , smaller , more distorted and on the oposite side. I think that this image refers to chaos and destruction which I think is a way-to-often-used theme. So this image does not particlurly apeal to me.

In this image , I think that the character and text are perfect for the backround. However the backround is bland. I think the artist did not put very much work into the backround and only the main character and text. I think that the main image is only part of a good image. I think that a great photo must have an excelent detailed main character, and a good detailed backround. For when a backround is good , but the main part of the photo is better, it is more likely to draw attention to the main photo and less to the back. But a very good backround and a good main part will focus more on the backround then the main part. But when there is not enough backround , that makes the photo less intersting. Another thing is that the left eye is white when the right is dark. The left eye should only be slighly white to mach the color of the right eye.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/16/2009 17:51:42 >
DF  Post #: 222
9/13/2009 17:24:38   
User

Here we go...

Art 1
Art 2

Image one

This artwork has a nice idea, and is portrayed brilliantly through the use of this artwork. However, there are some things to point out. The dragon head illustrated in this artwork has great detail compared to the rest of the artwork. As a result, this leads the head to be the focal point of the artwork which may lead the eye away from other aspects of the artwork. Such as the dentist flossing the dragon. I would suggest, to remedy this, to give the dentist some detail, though not to much. Based on the intentions of the artist, this may or may not be needed. The detail of the dragon head in contrast to the lack of detail in other areas of the artwork creates an asymmetrical type of artwork. The other aspects of the artwork are brought out due to this asymmetrical type of composition.

In closing comments with this artwork, the head is illustrated greatly with the use of shading and texture that is present in the artwork.
The right shoulder of the dragon could show minor signs of shading as so it ties in the artwork, and keeps the left shoulder from looking out of place.
The artwork could also be cleaned up a bit on the lower left corner and behind the dentist, cleaning out the stray lines would help.
In all, this artwork has a great idea, and is portrayed very well with this artwork and can be improved by minor changes.

Image Two

The image is of a dragon. The dragon is well colored. Meaning the dragon has a constant color scheme of blue, various shades of blue, red/orange and yellow for the eyes. Limiting to the use of a few colors doesn't make any single area of the artwork too focused so the viewer of the artwork can see the dragon in its entirely without being distracted by an isolated color.

Constructively, the artwork is very well designed. The lines are very dark, very bold and emphasizes the detail that is shown on the dragon. The texture of the dragon is also shown through the use of the bold lines. The dragons head is a bit too large in proportion to the body and the neck of the dragon. Although, the neck is also a bit large proportionally. That is to say the head as well as the neck, makes the body of the dragon look very small. The bland background, places emphasis on the dragon itself. Having a dull background, means that viewers will place more emphasis on viewing the foreground object. Which in this case, is the dragon.

Closing comments, the dragon is well colored, drawn and composed. The artist could have cleaned up or feathered the edges of the dragon so it does not look pixelized with the background. The art work is not bad, in fact it is good. It can be improved with little touches here and there.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/16/2009 17:51:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 223
9/15/2009 5:33:36   
monsti

Submission 1: one of my clan sigs
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx280/angelstix/cs/monsti.png

Submission 2: one of my clan event sigs
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx280/angelstix/events/Peauty/PEAUTZGZ.png

Constructive Criticism

First of all, that's a cool looking guy with a nice gesture and hair style.
And the background feels artistic with paint splattering all over.

But the problem is that the guy and the background doesn't go together.
Readers would not know what that guy is doing,
and Readers would not know what message is the image trying to convey.
In order to "create" a story for the pic,
you have to find a background that better match the "story" of the pic
(which can also blend well with the face)
OR add a sentence in words stating what the "story" is.
Doing the above should help the pic to convey a more powerful message.

The picture is impressive and exicitng.
I appreciate the power it gives with just three major colors: red, black and white.
The color pick is good as it gives a hot blood feeling which fits spiderman.
I also like the hand posture and the white eye which shows the horror, emptiness and exclamation of spiderman.

And of course, there are spaces for improvements:

The background of the image has to be improved.
Without the left "lightning", I would not have known the right one was also "lightning"
The left and right background seems disproportioned.
So, the right side of the background, particularly the lightning has to be fixed,
so the left and right side matches.

Moreover, the "raining" effect could be improved...
particularly the right side - looks more like fog rather than rain
and the face: no rain on the face? Would be better if the face was also covered in rain.

Furthermore,
The light/shadow could be "strengthened", to give a stronger light contrast to improve the impressiveness and gives more focus.

quote:

Cheers,

Monsti

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/16/2009 17:52:15 >
Post #: 224
9/17/2009 17:30:05   
DragonAQWorlds

- Art 1 (My Weapon)
- Art 2 (My Armor)

Constructive Critisism:

1st Image:

This Sig Certainly Sets A Mood Straight Away Gives You A Picture In Your Head Of Fight & Destruction Seeing All The Fire And Explosion In The Background. Its As If Hes There In The Middle Of This Fight And It A Whole War Ground With Fight Going On Behind Him Aswell. Also The Dirt/Dusk On His Face Makes It Look As If Hes Been Fighting And Is Involved In This 'War'. Overall Great Love How The Colors All Fit Together! Rating 10/10

2nd Image:

I Love How The Stress Is Shown With The Angle Of His Body As Theres Lightning Hitting Spidey It Shows A Real Scence Of Emotion In The Scene. The Setting With Red All Around Gives You The Idea Of A Horrible Place As The Color Makes You Instantly Think Blood, Death And It Realy Creates A Mood In The Setting. Also The Use Of The Half Clenched Fists/Fingers Show Pain And Imply Hurt. Overall Nice Sig Just Make Sure You Add A Bit Of Blur In The Background And Take The Lighting Down A Notch So Its Slightly Darker.
Rating: 9/10

quote:

~dragon

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/22/2009 17:34:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition