Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/30/2009 18:31:16   
Nebula

MQ rocks! best AE game ever! (comic book guy FTW!)

< Message edited by LANDIS -- 3/16/2010 19:51:51 >
Post #: 101
8/16/2009 18:40:40   
jimmykilljoy

I think its good because you get to be constructive with your destruction...especialy the build-a-mech types with the combos
what is constructive destruction anyway? thats an oxy-moron if anything.
ANYWAY, its a fun game because its easy to design a killin' machine. Take Object A put it on Object B Press Button C watch Object D
Get obliterated off Object E (the screen)
and who can resist an explosion every now and then ;P

in the face of death, I laugh. in the face of fear, i make jokes.
In the middle of a fight, I'm sarcastic and competitive. I'm bound to a code only I follow. to some i seem brash and arrogant to others, not so much. I'm awesome.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 102
8/16/2009 19:22:35   
Goldstein

I think, because the ultimate level (33) is much easier to reach, then, say, 50 or 130. Plus, the storyline is easier to follow and is much more linear than AQ's storyline. Plus, I like MQ with mechas a little more than the medieval world of AQ and DF. Politics are more prevalent in a sci-fi world than a Dark Ages one.

"Allo comrade, why don't you give me a click on the ol' noggin and enjoy a nice little tale of action and sorrow and comedy? Cheerio!"
Post #: 103
8/16/2009 19:47:50   
Darth Torin

the only thing i dont like right now is the energy saber battle system. but thats small.

i like MQ because of the way they work the weapon shops. nonSC, SC, NG of the same weapon for several levels.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 104
8/17/2009 15:05:13   
sprite141

The thing I have against MQ is the low experience rates. Having to fight tough enemies with low level equipment, while only winning some of the time, and only getting 10 exp out of it? That's really annoying. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, or MQ changed from that, but still, that's my beef.
Oh! Also when you have to level the classes and other stuff via mini missions, they tend to be the same thing. Hunt and kill with a random chance to find a part. It would be fine except that nearly every storyline quest or alliance quest that I've done in the game involves this. Hunting bandits, hunting ghosts, hunting moon members, finding ship parts, ect. It tends to be a lot of the same.

What I like are the animations, graphics and mini-games. It is really, REALLY hard to add mini games into a game so subtly, and without taking away from the original game's fun. I find that this is what makes MQ so impressive. There are many other things great about MQ, but I'm sure everyone else mentioned them so I won't bother putting the same thing.
AQ DF  Post #: 105
8/17/2009 15:52:45   
ThndrShk2k

Why do you think MQ is good?
Because of the customization of abilities.
Each item for the mech and each mech is different, so new setups can be tested with each character. DPS, DOT, Energy Drain, Tricks. And nothing binding such as a class, as the variety of mech bases makes the concept of classes just archaic

Why do you think it's bad?
Bad scaling and horrible difficulty curves near beginner levels or even for people who make bad choices//are broke.

The energy sword combat is impossible a lot of the times if you haven't taken the course a bunch of times to get a decent weapon. And the course itself is a horrible grindfest. Strong attacks and Defending don't seem to make much of a difference, and sometimes if you get a weak strong attack, you've essentially wasted a turn (Getting 3 dmg with a strong attack multiple times while you could have done 5 damage with normal? ;__;)

If you make a bad choice or somehow get stuck in the scaling, it may be a giant chore to gather up enough money to purchase a weapon or mech that makes it so you don't die to things your current level.

What makes you play MQ over other games?
The game is more interesting and has more choices, along with the ability to buy everything instead of hoping to find it (Although loot equipment is a good thing to have as well, just the rare shops and everchanging stores provide more variety).
The combat doesn't take as long and usually can be done very quickly as it's always 1vs1.

The free content is always decent and doesn't seem too underpowered by the paid content, and the StarCaptain content isn't overshadowing the entire game. Sure, it provides neat features -better weapons and weapon abilities on some rares, along with difficulty adjustments and some more advanced story stuff- but in the face of the entire mechquest library is a well deserved bonus for those who pay. (Instead of it being almost over half of the entire content)

*Note: yeah, I'm a free player, but I've been more tempted to pay for something on MQ than I was on DF. *

What doesn't make you play MQ over the other games?
Nothing. I drifted away from the other games and spend the time I wouldn't have anything to do on MQ, and usually play MQ in times of wars to see what new items and mechs they have.
MQ  Post #: 106
8/17/2009 19:21:12   
SnaleKing

it is a totally different style from the other AE games.
i use the same stategy for everything i fight. it all comes to cooldown and how many weapons slots you have on your mech, nova gems weapons are useless, except the ones that scale to your level and the handheld swords, because you grow out of them(by getting to a higher level) and they become useless. and recently the magmars are ridiculously overpowered(being invincible one turn and then dealing 70 damage in one shot???? After killing your defence????)
nothing. i play AQW more because theres the multiplayer element(see my article on PVP for it......)
i like facing bosses with other people in AQW. if you cant do it yourself, just have friends over and everyone benefits, whereas with the new monster scaling in MQ, enemies i could easily take down before are now untouchable!! and thats just wrong. and i hate my opponent doing 20 damage before i can attack. very annoying. I dont want to have to WIN the initiative, i want to just lay the smack DOWN!!

ok, im done ranting, start telling this n00b why he's wrong.

HELP! I NEED TO FIND A PLAYER NAMED BADBOY100!!
if you find him in-game, please alert me via forum of AQW pm!( /w SnaleKing)
BADBOY100, if you see this PLEASE alert me via pm so we may meet! i acccidentaly deleted you, and i NEED to find you!
Post #: 107
8/17/2009 21:48:00   
davin123321

Its great :)

Gets a little boring at times *yawn*

I like MQ more then DF...I play MQ more during events and wars I find interesting

Farming...and stuff
AQ MQ  Post #: 108
8/18/2009 8:33:24   
supersonic19999

why do you think mechquest is good?

good animations, explosions and lasers hp and ep in the game use high numbers

why do you think its bad?
i think they could speed up the releases or at least give something good and not a character page update for 1 week or something like that

if you ask me this is the order of the games i play

aqworlds
mechquest
dragonfable
warpfforce

i went from most played to less played
MQ  Post #: 109
9/16/2009 23:10:05   
_Morpher_

Whay do I think its good? It's not just good it's amazing! This was actually the fisrt game I played by AE and loved it ever since. I art in it is simpley wonderful. I adore the style there other games they have. Of course I couldn't forget about all the Mechas, weapons, monsters, and etc that are in this game. It is just out of this world. All are unqiue in there own way. One is never the same as the other. This game has eerything I like/adore including dragons and wolves! Which makes this game even better. The battling system I find nice, for it reminds me of Final Fantasy's tunred-base system.

I can not find one thing that I don't like about it.

I have stated it already up in what is good about MQ. This game has a little bit of everything.

The only time I wouldn't play this game over the others is if I'm doing a release or theres a war going on in one of the other games. But, other then that I would mostly play this first before doing anything else in the other games. This game keeps me quite occupied. :-)
MQ  Post #: 110
9/16/2009 23:21:44   
Heartless Rogue
Banned

Why do I like MQ?

It's hard to say, really. I suppose because battles are usually fairly easy and the NPCs.

Why do I think it's bad?

It gets boring very quickly as there's no elemental differences right now and the battles in what's essentially basic RA to all give out exactly the same thing no matter what you fight.

What makes me play it more than other games?

I play AQ far more, MQ about the same amount as DF, but I only very rarely play WF and I never play AQW due to financial concerns.

What doesn't it make me play over other games?

Hmm....how about the fact that it's sci fi, so no magic, no mythological creatures, very little crazy, funny humor to it, and the fact that there's actually very little variety when it comes ogaining xp/gold.
MQ  Post #: 111
9/17/2009 18:22:41   
thrak

MechQuest is a great game, it just needs to be organized. I would also like most items to NOT go rare. Also, when buying a mech you could do it like the steampunk mecha with a limited amount of items you could purchase only when buying that mecha, like defaults but giving you more choice. The plot also needs to be organized as well that way I could play it from beggining to end from one place and understand the story. Another usefull thing would be an improved stat system just like in AQ right now stats do almost nothing.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
9/21/2009 17:46:17   
Darius

What do you like about MQ?
It satisfies my love of guns and lasers, and it has the fantasy elements and humor stylings that make AE's other games awesome.

What do you dislike about MQ?
The lightsaber dueling needs work *coughiwantjediskillscough*, and I want to see Doom-style FPS combat with blaster weapons, too.

What attracts you to MQ?
I actually prefer DF over AE's other games, despite having started with AQ, but MQ is similar enough to both of them that I feel comfortable playing it. Plus, like I said, it gives me my pew-pew lazor fix. :3

What repulses you from MQ?
The difficulty and length of battles, but that's all changed since I got Warbear. With its debilitating firepower, I've rediscovered the motivation to pick up MQ again after a prolonged period of minimal activity.

< Message edited by Darius -- 9/24/2009 10:38:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
11/1/2009 21:06:25   
Einwill

I will just do one of these.How it can be improved.
There is definitely too much grinding for exp.Credit prices sky-rocket,and people who hate farming are left behind.
And also,only one word needed for this problem:Power inflation.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
11/1/2009 23:31:29   
Yugioh5Dkid

What do you like about MQ?i like sci-fi.

Why do you think it's bad? nothing to do after you beat the new releases.

What makes you play MQ over other games? has more technology than AE's other games and more explosives

http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Yugioh5Dkid
MQ AQW  Post #: 115
11/1/2009 23:44:35   
kiber the killer

# Why do you think MQ is good?
it applies a genre that I really like, as well as jokes that are fun to see and discover
# Why do you think it's bad?
can get tedious when farming, but that can be said for aany game in general
# What makes you play MQ over other games?
I find it more interesting, and it is the easiest to play for a any time
Post #: 116
11/2/2009 3:09:39   
tapititon

MQ is good because we love stuff that go BOOOOOM :D

Bad thing is that the new items are way better than the old ones for lower price
(not realistic: werewolf mech cost like 50 000 and got 288hp but the cop mecha got 250hp and cost +- 165 000... wich one would you pick?)(Not sure at all about price)

MQ is good because we can collect more items (shoulders,head,arms,body) and use them all instead of picking only some armor + sword and use magic/melee/range. You got to plan the best strategie for your attack (use head 5CD then primary weapon 2CD...) instead of ''I can use that attack 12 times before i run out of mana, then I go melee''

*other bad thing is that ''scaled'' monsters are sometime too tough :b im lvl 18, got silver newbatron lvl 17 and I hit like 40 on vampires. But they heal 10 HP per life tap and they do it up to 4 times :(. its like i can weaken him only if I critical hit -_-'*

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 117
11/2/2009 3:17:06   
Alamo

MechQuest is an awesome game! It would be nice to see the people in towns walking, not just standing in the same spot for eternity. Also, it would be nice to explore more regions of a planet. Come on! Lore is a PLANET and it only has a tiny city and a castle which you can reach within 45 seconds by car!

@Heartless Rogue:

MechQuest is a Fantasy/SciFi game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 118
11/6/2009 10:13:29   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

Also, it seems to be doing a better job of fixing it's problems NOW (Tweak Week and the current rebalancing project being done by blues and Maegwyn) as opposed to waiting a long time down the road.

Intriguingly, I almost feel like I have to retract this statement nowadays. A lot of older issues in the game seem to be getting pushed to the back burner to the point of stacking up. The more worrisome problem is that newer issues are getting pushed back.

Clan Leader - Westion Fan - Oddball
DF MQ  Post #: 119
11/21/2009 14:02:51   
EinhanderX01

This thread has been revived due to the many discussions about MQ's current state.

Remember to follow the rules. ~Ein

Weapons R&D
Robotics R&D
Game R&D

Follow the rules, and I am harmless.
Violate them, and I am merciless.
Post #: 120
11/21/2009 14:17:33   
Valnos

# Why do you think MQ is good?

It's a decent game. The customization, the art style.... it's okay.

# Why do you think MQ is bad?

.............. I've thrown opinions around this forum enough. Recognize the name? Yeah.... Let's just not get into why I think MQ is "bad".

AQ  Post #: 121
11/21/2009 15:02:40   
EinhanderX01

You know that you don't have to stick to the basic format that the first few posters have gone with. Just discuss what you feel about the state of MechQuest in general; as many of you no doubt have been in other threads.

This is simply to unite all the scattered discussion over the state of MechQuest.
Post #: 122
11/21/2009 15:05:34   
Glais

Why do you think MQ is good? It has a great story(aliens even though it needs more) and of course MECHS
Why do you think it's bad? It requires way too much farming to get to a higher level and is REALLy hard for new players
What makes you play MQ over other games? SomeTimes you just need a Mech and want to blow stuff up
What doesn't make you play MQ over the other games? I like DragonFable better overall but there's no particular reason

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 11/21/2009 15:08:46 >
DF MQ  Post #: 123
11/21/2009 15:06:47   
zanathos

Mq is going in aunique direction, albeit, it does seem a little tedious, Release an annoying search area, release the boss battle week after, it is the easiest game i know of to farm in.

Edit: let me clarify,... It might take a little long to gain xp, but gaining credits is fairly easy. Farming that stupid Arachnids helm isnt thought, the spiders creep me out. There needs to be a way where we can just fight the bosses.

< Message edited by zanathos -- 11/21/2009 15:12:17 >

Join <Calamitys Whisper>

Forum Page: Join Us!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 124
11/21/2009 15:14:52   
PD

Well, I hate PvP, it is simply rigged and broken in every way.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= MQ Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition