Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 40 - Editor's Note (Maegwyn)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 40 - Editor's Note (Maegwyn)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/11/2009 16:08:03   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Editor's Note
By Maegwyn

We've been looking ahead to the next few issues of The Zardian - we have some fun things planned for the upcoming months. April is coming soon, and we're getting close to Issue 42 already!

We really enjoyed putting together Issue 40 - as luck would have it, working around a computer crash - and I feel lucky to be part of the team working together to roll each issue out. As always, we're looking forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions on the forums.

I got a fresh and unexpected perspective on the balance between planning for the future and living in the moment - while running an errand to the corner store. It was an unseasonably warm day for late winter. The nice weather turned my thoughts ahead to gardening and outdoorsy adventures, and I said to the store clerk, "I can't wait until spring!"

He looked thoughtful for a moment while counting out my change. "You know, so often it seems we're just wishing our lives away," he said. "Always wishing it were tomorrow, or waiting for the weekend or some upcoming event. I think we forget to enjoy today."

I thanked him - not only for handling my purchase, but also for the insight. I brought home food, and food for thought.

And so, while looking forward to all sorts of good things the future holds (along with preparing for bad luck if it should try to interfere), I am remembering each day to focus on the little things that make today an important part of being alive. Even when bad luck wants to turn it into a horrible day, the good luck is - I'm living! (This is actually much better than being undead, no matter what some little blue ebil Necromancer may tell you.)

I hope you'll all join me in taking a moment to be in the moment - to feel all the delights and sadnesses of the day, to use all senses available, and to experience everything that is making "now" what it is.

Enjoy your reading!
=Maegwyn
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/12/2009 14:17:54   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Better than being undead? Pshaw. However, you have presented us with excellent advice: treasure every day of your (un)life, as you don't know how long it will be before some random Paladin exorcises you.

Also, I wish that store clerks where I live could be that philosophical. They're more likely to talk about where to get the best "pah."
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 40 - Editor's Note (Maegwyn)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition