- Find a Cure
- Surprise Attack
- The Moon
- Sys-Zero Missions
- Prequel to Starships
- Rescue the Superheroes!
- Find a Cure
- Prerequisites: You must be a rebel to access this quest. Meaning you must have completed the Rebel Leader quest. Earning the respect of the rebels is not required to be able to do this quest.
- Where do I start? Go to Dean Warlic's office, talk to Dean Warlic and if you meet the prerequisites the Find a Cure quest can be accessed by pressing the "Find a Cure" button.
- I can't beat the minigame! When playing this minigame, unlike in other car-minigames in MQ, you needn't worry about other cars hitting you. Your greatest concern is the Bloodhound trampling you. You can slow the bloodhound down by making him walk over other cars, and you can evade him by just going to the other side of the road as he slides up and down quite slowly.
- I never get a successful roll! You should go to the hospital and equip the best uniform and hat you have unlocked there, as it will give you a significant bonus to your Cure rolls. Other then that, just keep trying.
- How many times do I have to finish this quest? When is Sys-Zero finally fully cured? You have to successfully complete the quest a total of 10 times. You will know you've finished it when Odessa shows up to cure Sys-Zero. As a reference keep in mind that the last roll you'll have to complete is 68, after which you'll have to do the quest one more time without having to roll to finish it.
- Prerequisites: You must have completed Dean Warlic's previous quest: Find a Cure. See above on how to complete it. Again, earning the respect of the rebels is not required to be able to do this mission.
- Where do I start? Go to Dean Warlic's office, talk to Dean Warlic and if you meet the prerequisites, the Espionage quest can be accessed by pressing the "Espionage" button.
- I started the minigame but can't move! Before starting the minigame I suggest you read the instructions given by Odessa. She will explain to you that in this minigame you have to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move, not the mouse.
- How many times do I have to finish this quest? When is it finished? This is a purely optional bonus quest and has no ending. You can do it as many times as you like, it is purely for fun (the things you find out are quite hilarious).
- What reward do I get for finishing this quest? As stated above this is a purely optional bonus quest, and as it does not have an ending, it doesn't have any particular rewards either. However it does grant you the Spy uniform and tons of fun.
- Surprise Attack!
- Prerequisites: You must have completed Dean Warlic's previous quest: Find a Cure. See above on how to complete it. Again, earning the respect of the rebels is not required to be able to do this mission, nor do you have to have completed the Espionage quest, as that is a purely optional quest.
- Where do I start? Go to Dean Warlic's office, talk to Dean Warlic and if you meet the prerequisites, the Surprise Attack! quest can be accessed by pressing the "Surprise Attack!" button.
- The button for the Surprise Attack! quest doesn't show up! This really isn't a bug. Make sure you have actually completed the "Find a Cure" quest. If you haven't seen Odessia heal Sys-Zero, then you have not yet completed the quest. Refer to the explanation above to find out how to complete the "Find a Cure" quest.
- I can't find any commanders. Keep looking. There is a random chance of encountering one. If you're in a hurry to finish the quest you can also eject every time you encounter an E1 or E2. You will be completely healed during the dialog session with Odessia and can immediately start the quest again.
- Are the E-series mecha going to be rare? No. The rewardshop is a reward for completing the first chapter of the main storyline. And is a permanent shop.
- The Moon
- The Start: To get there, follow the procedures in this little guide by Alac: Mission to the Moon Quest Procedures. To get off the moon, use your communicator (Comm) and click on Starship, then Beam Up.
- Power Cells: This quest is very unusual due to the fact that it does not share the same traits as other MechQuest quests. Here's a couple questions and answers to those with troubles:
- Question - How many power cells do I need? How can I tell how many I currently have?
Answer - You need a total of 10 power cells before you go onto the next quest and obtain the Black Box (where you must watch a cutscene to proceed). To find out how many cells you have: When you log in, it will be on the same board as your job listings and any news. They are saved, so each time you log in or out, you can see how many you need if you haven't finished. It's in the upper-right-hand corner, under the word C-Mail.
- Question - Do the amount of power cells I have save when I log out or exit the game?
Answer - Yes, you're amount of power cells are recorded and you'll have the samwe amount as you had when you logged off, as you log in.
- Question - Why did I not get a power cell this time?
Answer - This is because there is a percentage chance that you will not get a power cell. Just keep trying and you will eventually get another.
- Rebel Leader Another confusing quest! Questions and Answers:
- Question - How do I even get to the Rebel Leader quest?
Answer - Click on your communicator (Comm), then click on Log, then a list of quests will appear. Click on Rebel Leader, and you are there!
- Question - Is it possible to not become a rebel?
Answer - No, you must become a rebel, unless you do not want to proceed in the storyline. This means that squashing the rebel leader does nothing; you'll have to go to the start of the quest as if you were defeated.
After this quest you will be able to access new quests in your Log.
- Defend and Rescue: These quests are both quests that come after you become a rebel. In the Rescue! quest, you have the ability to increase your reputation with the Rebels. In the Defend quest, all you do is fend off ShadowScythe forces from the Rebel Base.
Questions and Answers:
- Question - Why won't my reputation go up?
Answer - There is also a percentage chance of increasing your reputation. You can only gain reputation from the Rescue! quest and the Defend quest.
- Sys-Zero Missions:
- The Start: The new Sys-Zero quests are located in Dean Warlic's office. You'll enter the room, and Warlic will instantly ask, "[Your character's name], can you keep a secret?" Accept his offer, and he'll explain to you that Sys-Zero has been missing in action. Now you've started the Sys-Zero quest chain.
- Tibattleonia" You'll then be able to acces the quest called 'Tibattleonia.' In this quest, you'll have to defeat two ShadowScythe enemies based on your mech's level. Afterwards, you'll get an automatic heal from Warlic, then you'll fight a Kaiju Scythe. After this, you'll get a cool cutscene.
- The Rescue: After this, you'll be able to do a quest called 'Rescue Sys-Zero.' there is a button located directly under the button where you started the 'Tibattleonia' quest. At first, you'll see a cutscene that'll explain how this chain started. In this quest, you'll have to rescue Sys-Zero from the ShadowScythe. All you need to do is fight through a wave of ShadowScythe, to get to Sys-Zero. There'll be a healing station at the start of the quest so that you can heal for a maximum of five times. You'll learn that you may need to use it. Fight through the waves, and you'll meet up with the end of the chain.
- Defeating Sys-Zero: You'll learn that Sys-Zero has either been corrupted by the ShadowScythe, or have taken sides with the ShadowScythe. Either way, you'll still have to fight him. Sys-Zero is undoubtedly the hardest enemy in the game. To defeat Sys-Zero, you'll have to check out FAQ #7 on the MQ Q&A FAQ.
- Prequel to Starships:
- Prerequisites: You must complete the above mentioned Sys-Zero missions to unlock this quest.
- Where do I start? Go to Dean Warlic's office, talk to Dean Warlic and click on 'Missions', then 'Starship Parts'. You can now go through the mission.
- I only get broken parts! What's with that? It's a matter of luck. Eventually you'll find a part in working order and you'll be able to move on to the next one.
- I really think that this is a bug. I've been trying for ages now and I keep getting broken parts. Honestly it's not. Just keep at it!
- Where's the shop? I can't see it. When you've found all of the parts run through the quest again (and win the battle) and you'll unlock a Salvage Shop. You need to do this every time you go to the shop.
< Message edited by The Game -- 3/24/2009 22:54:06 >