Entry Style Guide
- These items will have one thread with separate posts for each item:
Random Weapon I, Random Weapon II, Random Weapon III ← Same name, different ending.
Random Weapon Alpha, Random Weapon Beta, Random Weapon Gamma ← Same deal as above.
- These items will have separate threads with "Also See:" lines linking them to each other:
Alpha Random Weapon, Beta Random Weapon, Gamma Random Weapon ← Different prefix. Don't merge them.
Random Alpha Weapon, Random Beta Weapon, Random Gamma Weapon ← Different middle. Same deal, don't merge.
The only time anything is merged is if only the ending is different. Any other combination of any kind of name and it stays separate.
- Thread naming conventions:
Random Weapon I, Random Weapon II, Random Weapon III ← Name the thread "Random Weapon (I, II, III)"
Random Weapon, Random Weapon II, Random Weapon III ← First item is missing the "I", name the thread "Random Weapon (I, II, III)"
Random Weapon, Random Weapon II, Random Weapon III, Random Weapon IV ← More than 3 items, use the range notation "Random Weapon (I-IV)"
Random Weapon Alpha, Random Weapon Beta, Random Weapon Gamma ← Name the thread "Random Weapon (Alpha, Beta, Gamma)"
Random Weapon, Random Weapon Alpha ← Name the thread "Random Weapon (Alpha)"
Random Weapon, Random Weapon, Random Weapon ← Same name, different levels, use "Random Weapon (All Versions)"
Random Weapon Alpha, Random Weapon Beta, Random Weapon Gamma, Random Weapon Omega ← More than 3 items, use "Random Weapon (All Versions)"
Any other variation should most likely use the (All Versions) notation.
"The" or "A" in the beginning of an entry name should be moved to the end, separated by a comma:
A Quest <-- Name the thread "Quest, A"
The Random Quest <-- Name the thread "Random Quest, The"
The Random Weapon <-- Name the thread "Random Weapon, The"
The Random Weapon (I-V) <-- Name the thread "Random Weapon, The (I-V)"
Random Staff sub-shop of Cysero's Superstore - Name the thread "Cysero's Superstore of Savings! - Random Staff"
Header & Description
- The DM tag is needed on anything that requires Defender's Medals; if the item requires a DA as well, put the DA tag first.
- For DC items that also require a DA, put the DA tag first.
- Non-DA items should be marked with "(No DA Required)". DA items should be marked with "(DA Required)", always with the parentheses. If the description mentions the Dragon Amulet requirement, this line should be omitted.
Location & Requirements
- Directions in Location should use Left/Right/Up/Down instead of West/East/North/South.
- Price: Only used if the item can be obtained for Gold or DCs; for all other items, it should be N/A. Use a comma as a thousands separator if the price is over 999 Gold/DC.
- Use "Gold" instead of "gold".
- Dragon Coin items:
- The price should read "X Dragon Coins"
- If it can be sold, the sellback should read "X DCs before 24 hours, Y DCs after 24 hours". X is always 90% of the price, and Y is always 25% of the price, both rounded normally to the nearest whole number.
- If an item cannot be sold, the sellback should be N/A.
- Required Item(s): This line should only appear if there are other items apart from Gold or DCs that are required for merging or getting the item. Use either "Required Items:" or "Required Item:" without brackets. Items should appear as their name in the Pedia without plural form ("100 Defenderís Medal" not "100 Defenderís Medals"). A plus sign (+) without the parentheses should separate items on the list. Items should be links to their Pedia entry, unless the item in question is in the same thread (e.g. a lower-level version of a weapon). In that case, the link should be omitted.
Specifics & Item Stats
- Damage should be shown as min-max instead of min - max (no spaces).
- Resistances should be placed at the end of the list in the following order: All, Health and Immobility. Elemental resistance should be placed after these.
- Don't include Immobility resist from STR (STR/5, rounded up).
- Usually, non-resource items do not need a Combine section. If an item has an Also See link to the next item, and the other item has the previous item in its Required section, it is enough (this is the standard on most merged items). The only time you need to add a Combine section is in cases where there is no connection between the source item and the result (for example Nature's Call).
- NPCs in quests: The pre-quest dialogue said by the quest giver does not entitle the speaker to be included in the NPC list of that quest as this dialogue is considered part of the town the quest giver is in. Participation in the quest itself is needed. In the NPC entry, this will determine if that quest will be shown in the Location line, or just in the Quest Given line.
- If a shop or quest is not rare, but contains an item that has been removed from it, in the Rewards/Contents section the rare item need to be struck through ([s]/s]) and put after non-rare items.
- For monsters (or rarely temp items) that scale to the player's level, the relevant scaling stats (which is usually all of them) should be simply listed as Scaled. Don't add what stats the monster has at any particular level if this is the case.
- Ability Effects
- Please quote the exact name of the effect on either the character or on the enemy. Ex.: Mage Lightning buff is "Zapped Boost 20 PowerBoost" on the player for 5 turns (including the one it is cast).
- Effects should be written in the third person singular: (The ability) performs ... and adds ...
- Ability effects should follow the following form:
Effect: Performs (#) hit(s) of (%) (type: Fire, Ice, Weapon) Damage and adds '(buff)' to (player/enemy); (other effects)
Example: Performs one hit of 100% Energy Damage and adds "Zapped Boost 25 PowerBoost" to player; buffs your damage to 125% for 5 turns (including this turn)
Image & Footer
- Alternative image(s) should be labelled "Alternative Image" (with a number if there is more than one). Alternative images should be placed directly below the main image with no space in between.
- "Also See:" links should be sorted from the lowest level to the highest, and each one should be separated by a comma. Items of the same type that are from the same series or that share the same graphics should be listed here. For monsters, add a reference for the normal and extreme versions (if they are on a different threads). For NPC link their alter egos, or user accounts if the NPC is based on a forum user. Monster entries should not be included in the Also See section of the NPC (and vice versa). A link to a forum user should be marked with ď(forum user)Ē. Non-visual items do not normally require Also See links.
- For the Thanks section, if there is one user it should be in one line:
Thanks to Person A for ...
If there is more than one user, use the following notation. The word "Thanks" should occur only once. There are no colons ":" after the "to".
-- Person A for...
-- Person B for...
-- Person C for...
- Each entry should end with [color=#eeeeee] to hide the "Last Edited" note; it looks cleaner this way.
< Message edited by Karika -- 5/13/2018 20:10:57 >