Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Forgiveness Begged: An Apology

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Forgiveness Begged: An Apology
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2009 15:45:27   
Alixander Fey

Forgiveness Begged: An Apology

Men write apologies to defend a position. They give apologies to beg forgiveness. This is both.

On July 7, 2007, Alixander Fey was born. On April 15, 2009, he died. There is no power in this world or the next that can give him life again. Already I have angered some. I know that many of you will see this as defeat, as giving up, as spitting in the face of everything that you have done for me. From you, I beg forgiveness. Others have only one question: why? To you, I offer an explanation.

In December I discovered a book named Wizard’s First Rule. Its author, Terry Goodkind, taught me through his works how to write a story that teaches. He transformed me from an author into an artist. His works of pure fiction contain wisdom and rationality I have never seen in literature before.

Were you to ask me how to define art, I would answer: “Art is communication expressed to the senses and translated by the intellect.” As I became more concerned with my art than with my authorship, I turned my consideration to what Heritage communicated. I found moral depravity, spiritual desolation, and rational disillusionment. Were someone to live how my art taught them, they would become power-hungry, self-centered, and God-hating.

The lessons and ideals taught by Heritage and its planned sequels spit in the face of my faith in God. For that reason, and that reason alone, I have abandoned it.

I am neither ashamed of nor angry with Heritage. I view it as an eagle might view his ineptitude when he first learned to fly. I will post the entire work here on the forums—and even finish cursory editing of the rough places. To many of you, nothing will change. You be able to read all of Heritage like you have been asking to do for too long. To others, this is defeat.

To all of you who helped me edit Heritage and my other works, I am sorry. You are the only reason I have struggled with this
decision for so long. Please understand that I love you, love what you have done, and love what you have taught me. Firefly, especially, it is your work that has made me what I am today.

I am neither abandoning writing nor my love of phantasm. However, in my next work, I will be open and blatant about my faith in God, my belief in evil, and my desire to live responsibly and morally. Heritage was entertainment. This will be art.

I love every one of you, and I pray that you can wish me the best as I shed this piece of my heart.

< Message edited by Alixander Fey -- 4/18/2009 15:49:34 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Forgiveness Begged: An Apology
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition