Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 42 - Faundemonium Crisis (Sentharn and Eukara)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 42 - Faundemonium Crisis (Sentharn and Eukara)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2009 15:45:58   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Faundemonium Crisis
by Sentharn and Eukara

*Cries, scream and hoofbeats overwhelm the ears of Talvan and Chrysa as they run through the forest. Both run as fast as their feet can take them. Talvan attempts several times to fly, but the branches are too low.*

"What on earth did you do that for, Talvan? Seriously, did you have to go and do that?"

"How was I supposed to know that jumping on his back would make him angry? I was trying to be nice!"

"You don't jump on a faun's back while they are in the middle of a Bacchal dance! That is sacred stuff! You essentially disrupted their worship service!" *dodges a tree branch*

"And exactly... how was I... (pant pant) supposed to know that it was (dodge) a worship service? Aren't you... (gasp for breath)... the one with the Book?"

"Oh don't put this on me, little miss! I have been telling you for a year now to stop pouncing on everyone's back. But noooooo! You never listen to me. Never! And now look what hap--"

*Chrysa smacks head-on into a low tree branch, sending her flying backwards.*

"Goddess! Chrysa!" *Talvan darts to Chrysa's side.* "Come on, come on, we have to move..." *She glances behind them, sees the approaching Fauns--who appear quite angry, shouting and stomping and generally frightening away every creature within fourteen miles--and tries not to utter some very informal vocabulary she has picked up from similar situations. Chrysa shakes her woozy head and tries to stand.*

"You'll thank me for this later, Chrysa... we've got to move!"

*Talvan grabs Chrysa's arm as best she can and half-guides, half-drags her along the trail as the Rider stumbles to keep up.*

"Not so hard... This is going to leave a mark. At least my wings are intact. I didn't land on them this time. The next clearing we see, we are flying out of here, I don't care how out of shape you are!"

"There's going to be more of a mark if we don't move faster! I think I see a break in the forest ahead! And I am not out of shape. I just don't like exercise."

"Don't like exercise. Oh, man, my head hurts something awful. I would curse the tree, but just my luck a nymph resides in it and did that on purpose because of what you did to the faun!"

"I didn't mean to make him mad! And this should teach you to keep your eyes on the road when you're talking! If you're not careful, you might hit another--WAAUGH!"

*So caught up in scolding Chrysa, Talvan fails to notice the abrupt drop-off, and so unceremoniously flies like a rock to the bottom of the little gully in the clearing.*

"Oww. Hey, look! It's a clearing. Quick, let's get out of here!"

*Extending her modest but little-used wings, Talvan tries to take off and nearly swerves into a tree for her troubles.*

"Waaah...Chrysa, can you make the forest stay still? I think I hit my head."

"No, no, no. Let's just stay down here for a bit. It looks like the fauns are satisfied with our sudden bottoming out. And besides, I can already feel the enormous bump that is swelling on my head. Running is only going to make it worse... flying will near kill us."

*Talvan flops on the ground, dizzy and exhausted. The fauns turn around, satisfied that the interlopers will not be returning to their neck of the woods anytime soon.*

"I cannot believe I missed the information about what would make them mad. I am going to sit on the rock until I find that missing information. This is unacceptable! I do not make these kinds of mistakes."

"Oh, you don't, do you? What just happened, then?"

"I don't KNOW! And you badgering me will not get this solved. Go play in the water or something while I try to figure this out."

"Uhmm, no thanks, I'll just stay here and wait for the world to quit spinning."

"Fine then, suit yourself."

Fauns are by nature very sweet and gentle sentient beings. They love everything that is musical and part of nature. Though they may seem very laid-back creatures, fauns can be serious about events, rituals and displays. During certain times of the year, fauns are observed dancing. Though many explorers, researchers and such have had the opportunity to witness such an event, actually invited and allowed, everyone of them returned from the field with a warning.

Do Not Interrupt.

You may wonder why such a command was given. Apparently, based on observation, these dancing sessions, or "Bacchal Dancing" ceremonies are a time of worship and spiritualism. To interrupt the tender bond between faun and diety is an unforgivable offense.

"How on earth did I miss such a large chunk of information? Unless it happened while you were ambushing the blackberry bushes..."

"I was hungry. I need my food if I'm going to keep up with my pulchritudinousness. Sugar makes my hide all nice and shiny."

"Well, then, you should be able to outshine the daystar a hundred times over if that is the case. Nice and shiny... Sheesh. Come on, let's go. The longer I sit the more I want to sleep. We need to get home."

*Chrysa tries her wings and raises a bit from the ground. She is sore, but presses on anyway, indicating that Talvan should follow. Talvan extends her wings again. On this attempt, she manages to lift herself into the air without a single collision. She settles on course besides Chrysa.*

"Well, I am sorry that I missed that. I should have been better about keeping track of where I was reading."

"At least now we know, although a bit late..."

"Well, maybe we will just highlight that section in the library for the next adventurers. Let's find some soft ground to land so we can enter town dignified...well, as dignified as we can possibly look at this moment."

"We're only bruised, tattered, and covered in dirt, how could we possibly be more dignified? Look on the bright side: we're alive, and there's no way we can possibly look worse than we do now, right?"

"Oh Talvan... never say that."

"Why? It's not like--"

*Suddenly, a very large and very ugly bird flies from a rooftop and cuts directly in front of Talvan, startling her and cutting off whatever she is about to say. Reacting impulsively, she swerves sideways-- jostling right into Chrysa's path. They both tumble down from the air in a heap, plowing into the town square. They cut a swath right through a wagon full of hay, then tumble into --and destroy-- a baker's stall. Their momentum causes them to impact with the stall next door, and it so happens that the proprietor of the florist built his stall too close to the baker, and so it too is demolished. A rope that supported the swaying fabric roof of a nearby clothier snaps, and that stall went down as well, and soon the entire market was caught in the cascading disaster. Talvan and Chrysa are buried under an avalanche of hay and clothes.*

"Talvan, that was just a bird! An ugly, large nuisance of a creature but a bird no less. And now, we are buried under goodness only knows what since I didn't get the chance to watch our path of destruction unfold."

*Chrysa fights with the material, further causing disarray as she becomes twisted up in the silky material. As she finally frees herself, she stands up and looks at the snickering faces around her. Calmly combing her fingers through her hair, she finds that there are flowers protruding from all angles. She pulls them out, and upon finding them pink, throws them to the ground horrified.*

"Talvan? Where are you? Talvan? Oh come on, stop hiding. It's not as if this is something that never happens! Just come out here you big lump. I see you, you little troublemaker!"

*Chrysa walks over to a lump underneath another peice of cloth and pulls it back only to discover nothing is there. She looks around, but does not see any other lumps big enough to be Talvan. Now panicked, she starts tearing through the disaster area, looking for her dragon. Nothing inside her, not even the bond they share, indicates that Talvan is nearby. As she reaches out to turn over another table, a small scroll appears in midair and drops into her outstretched hand.*

D.U.M.B
Distressed Underground Mythical Beasts

Your exploits in recent months, the search and "study" of mythical beasts, has begun to undo all that we have strived to accomplish over the last few centuries. Slowly we have taken ourselves out of your world, tired of the abuse, pursuit and unrelentless hunting inflicted on our kind. Slowly, mankind took over this land, driving us further and further into the depths of our home environments. Nothing is sacred to your species, nothing is loved.

As a result of your meddling, more and more people have begun to search for us again. And many of our kind are compelled to reveal ourselves to specific types of humans. The unicorns are stressed out, the pixies have taken to living under toadstools again and the sylphs tremble at the thought of your voices ever joining with theirs in song.

With this recent "study" of the fauns, we have decided that you have gone too far. Chrysa, since you have caused "mythical" beings so much grief, we thought it might be nice for you to live without yours for a while.

Tarvan is with us. If you should try to find her, you will be met with resistance. Because if you really look at this from our viewpoint, you stole something that belongs to Us.

A dragon.

Signed,
D.U.M.B.

*Chrysa clenched the note in her hand.* "Oh, Talvan... Where are you, heart-sister?"

*Silence answered her soul.*
Faundemonium Crisis
by Sentharn and Eukara

*Cries, scream and hoofbeats overwhelm the ears of Talvan and Chrysa as they run through the forest. Both run as fast as their feet can take them. Talvan attempts several times to fly, but the branches are too low.*

"What on earth did you do that for, Talvan? Seriously, did you have to go and do that?"

"How was I supposed to know that jumping on his back would make him angry? I was trying to be nice!"

"You don't jump on a faun's back while they are in the middle of a Bacchal dance! That is sacred stuff! You essentially disrupted their worship service!" *dodges a tree branch*

"And exactly... how was I... (pant pant) supposed to know that it was (dodge) a worship service? Aren't you... (gasp for breath)... the one with the Book?"

"Oh don't put this on me, little miss! I have been telling you for a year now to stop pouncing on everyone's back. But noooooo! You never listen to me. Never! And now look what hap--"

*Chrysa smacks head-on into a low tree branch, sending her flying backwards.*

"Goddess! Chrysa!" *Talvan darts to Chrysa's side.* "Come on, come on, we have to move..." *She glances behind them, sees the approaching Fauns--who appear quite angry, shouting and stomping and generally frightening away every creature within fourteen miles--and tries not to utter some very informal vocabulary she has picked up from similar situations. Chrysa shakes her woozy head and tries to stand.*

"You'll thank me for this later, Chrysa... we've got to move!"

*Talvan grabs Chrysa's arm as best she can and half-guides, half-drags her along the trail as the Rider stumbles to keep up.*

"Not so hard... This is going to leave a mark. At least my wings are intact. I didn't land on them this time. The next clearing we see, we are flying out of here, I don't care how out of shape you are!"

"There's going to be more of a mark if we don't move faster! I think I see a break in the forest ahead! And I am not out of shape. I just don't like exercise."

"Don't like exercise. Oh, man, my head hurts something awful. I would curse the tree, but just my luck a nymph resides in it and did that on purpose because of what you did to the faun!"

"I didn't mean to make him mad! And this should teach you to keep your eyes on the road when you're talking! If you're not careful, you might hit another--WAAUGH!"

*So caught up in scolding Chrysa, Talvan fails to notice the abrupt drop-off, and so unceremoniously flies like a rock to the bottom of the little gully in the clearing.*

"Oww. Hey, look! It's a clearing. Quick, let's get out of here!"

*Extending her modest but little-used wings, Talvan tries to take off and nearly swerves into a tree for her troubles.*

"Waaah...Chrysa, can you make the forest stay still? I think I hit my head."

"No, no, no. Let's just stay down here for a bit. It looks like the fauns are satisfied with our sudden bottoming out. And besides, I can already feel the enormous bump that is swelling on my head. Running is only going to make it worse... flying will near kill us."

*Talvan flops on the ground, dizzy and exhausted. The fauns turn around, satisfied that the interlopers will not be returning to their neck of the woods anytime soon.*

"I cannot believe I missed the information about what would make them mad. I am going to sit on the rock until I find that missing information. This is unacceptable! I do not make these kinds of mistakes."

"Oh, you don't, do you? What just happened, then?"

"I don't KNOW! And you badgering me will not get this solved. Go play in the water or something while I try to figure this out."

"Uhmm, no thanks, I'll just stay here and wait for the world to quit spinning."

"Fine then, suit yourself."

Fauns are by nature very sweet and gentle sentient beings. They love everything that is musical and part of nature. Though they may seem very laid-back creatures, fauns can be serious about events, rituals and displays. During certain times of the year, fauns are observed dancing. Though many explorers, researchers and such have had the opportunity to witness such an event, actually invited and allowed, everyone of them returned from the field with a warning.

Do Not Interrupt.

You may wonder why such a command was given. Apparently, based on observation, these dancing sessions, or "Bacchal Dancing" ceremonies are a time of worship and spiritualism. To interrupt the tender bond between faun and diety is an unforgivable offense.

"How on earth did I miss such a large chunk of information? Unless it happened while you were ambushing the blackberry bushes..."

"I was hungry. I need my food if I'm going to keep up with my pulchritudinousness. Sugar makes my hide all nice and shiny."

"Well, then, you should be able to outshine the daystar a hundred times over if that is the case. Nice and shiny... Sheesh. Come on, let's go. The longer I sit the more I want to sleep. We need to get home."

*Chrysa tries her wings and raises a bit from the ground. She is sore, but presses on anyway, indicating that Talvan should follow. Talvan extends her wings again. On this attempt, she manages to lift herself into the air without a single collision. She settles on course besides Chrysa.*

"Well, I am sorry that I missed that. I should have been better about keeping track of where I was reading."

"At least now we know, although a bit late..."

"Well, maybe we will just highlight that section in the library for the next adventurers. Let's find some soft ground to land so we can enter town dignified...well, as dignified as we can possibly look at this moment."

"We're only bruised, tattered, and covered in dirt, how could we possibly be more dignified? Look on the bright side: we're alive, and there's no way we can possibly look worse than we do now, right?"

"Oh Talvan... never say that."

"Why? It's not like--"

*Suddenly, a very large and very ugly bird flies from a rooftop and cuts directly in front of Talvan, startling her and cutting off whatever she is about to say. Reacting impulsively, she swerves sideways-- jostling right into Chrysa's path. They both tumble down from the air in a heap, plowing into the town square. They cut a swath right through a wagon full of hay, then tumble into --and destroy-- a baker's stall. Their momentum causes them to impact with the stall next door, and it so happens that the proprietor of the florist built his stall too close to the baker, and so it too is demolished. A rope that supported the swaying fabric roof of a nearby clothier snaps, and that stall went down as well, and soon the entire market was caught in the cascading disaster. Talvan and Chrysa are buried under an avalanche of hay and clothes.*

"Talvan, that was just a bird! An ugly, large nuisance of a creature but a bird no less. And now, we are buried under goodness only knows what since I didn't get the chance to watch our path of destruction unfold."

*Chrysa fights with the material, further causing disarray as she becomes twisted up in the silky material. As she finally frees herself, she stands up and looks at the snickering faces around her. Calmly combing her fingers through her hair, she finds that there are flowers protruding from all angles. She pulls them out, and upon finding them pink, throws them to the ground horrified.*

"Talvan? Where are you? Talvan? Oh come on, stop hiding. It's not as if this is something that never happens! Just come out here you big lump. I see you, you little troublemaker!"

*Chrysa walks over to a lump underneath another peice of cloth and pulls it back only to discover nothing is there. She looks around, but does not see any other lumps big enough to be Talvan. Now panicked, she starts tearing through the disaster area, looking for her dragon. Nothing inside her, not even the bond they share, indicates that Talvan is nearby. As she reaches out to turn over another table, a small scroll appears in midair and drops into her outstretched hand.*

D.U.M.B
Distressed Underground Mythical Beasts

Your exploits in recent months, the search and "study" of mythical beasts, has begun to undo all that we have strived to accomplish over the last few centuries. Slowly we have taken ourselves out of your world, tired of the abuse, pursuit and unrelentless hunting inflicted on our kind. Slowly, mankind took over this land, driving us further and further into the depths of our home environments. Nothing is sacred to your species, nothing is loved.

As a result of your meddling, more and more people have begun to search for us again. And many of our kind are compelled to reveal ourselves to specific types of humans. The unicorns are stressed out, the pixies have taken to living under toadstools again and the sylphs tremble at the thought of your voices ever joining with theirs in song.

With this recent "study" of the fauns, we have decided that you have gone too far. Chrysa, since you have caused "mythical" beings so much grief, we thought it might be nice for you to live without yours for a while.

Tarvan is with us. If you should try to find her, you will be met with resistance. Because if you really look at this from our viewpoint, you stole something that belongs to Us.

A dragon.

Signed,
D.U.M.B.

*Chrysa clenched the note in her hand.* "Oh, Talvan... Where are you, heart-sister?"

*Silence answered her soul.*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/5/2009 11:52:56   
LordAidan

Plz, PLZ tell me this is not a convienient way to get rid of Talvan? What would we do without our favorite chacoholic dragon?
~Aidan
AQ DF  Post #: 2
5/6/2009 5:05:07   
smbdoll

LordAidan, we'll be seeing more of Talvan. I don't contract specific NPC art in order to not get full usage out of it. :P
AQ  Post #: 3
5/6/2009 10:02:48   
xehanort

...Ouch.

Nature strikes back.

Hmmm, wonder what happens if i say that it can't possibly get any worse?

*There's a giant earthquake and multiple tsunamis*

...Me and my big fat mouth.

At least there weren't any broken bones...Or wings.

Muahahaha! Yes, yes, CHAOS CONSUMES ALL!

Not you again.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 42 - Faundemonium Crisis (Sentharn and Eukara)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition