Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 42 - Excerpt from "The Traveler's Guide to Lore" (Genoclysm)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 42 - Excerpt from "The Traveler's Guide to Lore" (Genoclysm)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2009 15:48:16   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Excerpt from "The Traveler's Guide to Lore"
by Genoclysm

The backpack is likely the most valuable resource on Lore, yet at the same time it is one of the most plentiful. It can serve as a makeshift pillow, a wallet, a place to hide from things that will not consider the possibility of someone hiding in a backpack,* a counter-weight for catapults,** smuggling orcs through elf territory, smuggling elves through orc territory, smuggling drakels through bigot territory, smuggling Hans past Artix when freaky illusions occur, and smuggling trobbles past Captain Rhubarb.***

Sadly it does not work for smuggling rare specialty coins past Valencia, orbs past megalomaniacs, or Mogloween candy past moglins. They just KNOW. It can also be used for general luggage purposes, but that is not as fun as the other things. Most of these things are able to be done due to the extreme storage capacity all backpacks appear to possess.****

It is also useful for intimidation. Monsters quake at the sight adventurer with a backpack, for they know that said adventurer is sure to have with them a variety of tools of violence with which to harm the monster in the most painful of ways. Along with these pointy and/or blunt and/or sharp and/or shiny weapons are usually pointy and/or blunt and/or sharp and/or shiny armors as well that are sure to have monsters break their delicate claws/fangs/whatnot on.

Potions are generally included as well, but they tend to be so diluted that their effect has diminished considerably in recent years. Backpacks also have the great boon of never wearing, tearing, or getting dirty. (Have you ever seen a dirty backpack on Lore? No, you haven't. So there.)

* Most Zards, for one small example.
** Remove the featherweight spell that all backpacks on Lore seem to have at just the right moment...
*** This has not been tested as the author did not want to take that risk. If you want to test it against Captain Rhubarb, you do so at your own risk.
**** While it has not been proven, it is thought that each of them contains its own small dimensional portal in which to hide things until needed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/5/2009 12:12:13   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Hmm, you're right, they do all seem to have a featherweight spell. Also an invisibility spell. This is a revealing article; I had always assumed that we just stored them in our pockets.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/5/2009 12:58:31   
Gundisalvus

quote:

a counter-weight for catapults

I'm quite glad that you have noticed this useful capability as well! Whenever I attempt to suggest that the backpack can be used in such a way, I'm often met with disbelieving stares. Now, I need no longer prove this to every Tom, Dick(Not Dirk mind you.), and Harry I meet. Which is a welcome relief since I can't fly, and I haven't the funds to join a professional flying club.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/5/2009 13:17:04   
Atriax

I want one.
Does it have a big Don't Panic, in bold letters on the front cover?

Post #: 4
5/11/2009 21:44:29   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Hmm, I would have thought that the Travel Map is the most important and valuable resource on Lore. Not only is it infinitely useful for getting from one place to another in a matter of seconds and with minimal effort on our part (We just need to press a few buttons, whereas certain people need to use cumbersome things like portals and teleportation...) , but we seem to be able to do things out of chronological order as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/11/2009 22:37:58   
Gundisalvus

@Orodalf:To quote a famous, if rather deranged, philosopher; "Which is more important, the multidimensional improbability drive, or the towel that you use to carry it around in?"

< Message edited by Gundisalvus -- 5/11/2009 22:40:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
5/13/2009 18:09:24   
ArchMagus Orodalf

The multidimensional improbability drive of course. Not that I'm saying that Douglas Adams (or even Eoin Colfer) is wrong, but really, if you didn't have the towel, you would still be able to carry it around another way.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 42 - Excerpt from "The Traveler's Guide to Lore" (Genoclysm)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition