Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Warp Force Announcement Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Warp Force Announcement Discussion
Page 11 of 24«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2009 18:33:55   
Mytra

quote:

i wonder how long the staff has kept this from us...XD

Must have been awhile if they think it'll be ready for testing in July. Well that or we're in for another AE train wreck.
AQ DF  Post #: 251
5/21/2009 18:33:55   
Necromander

Hmm. Thinking about it, I'm glad They're adding the AQ engine to a new game. AQ would be a great game besides it's server cap, so a server-capless AQ is a good thing.

Also, Mine.
DF MQ  Post #: 252
5/21/2009 18:34:07   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

Wow, I bet that game will be pretty awesome.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 253
5/21/2009 18:34:37   
Solin

Wow...just...wow...
I had really hoped that it wouldn't be AQ playstyle, but apparently it is. After reading, though, I'm pretty excited about this new game. I'm kind of hoping the engine will have a few changes (namely the damage scaling system, because that's the thing that really bugs me about AQ). I really can't wait. The art looks really freaking amazing. I'm really interested in this new way that the storyline will unfold. It seems to be a really great idea, IMO, because new players to the game won't be confused and unsure where to go. Hopefully this new game doesn't take away from the releases in AQ. Apart from that, I have only one other concern, and that's leveling. Now, I'm someone who mainly plays MQ, but combined with my knowledge about DF leveling, I'm thinking that the exp given out to exp needed to level up ratios used in those games would not work in this new game. In the other games, level doesn't matter in regards to the storyline. So, leveling up is not a requirement, so you can go at your own pace and eventually make it to the level cap. In WarpForce, though, leveling matters. If we're using roughly the same exp ratios, it would take massive amounts of farming to unlock the full storyline, and a lot of the AE gamers aren't farmers. They'd like to play through the storyline at their own pace without havein to farm for exp. This game is going to need a different style of leveling, either a lot of exp given out from monsters with the exp needed to level staying the same, or lowering the exp needed to level and keeping the exp given out roughly the same. Those are my only concerns. Otherwise, July is not coming fast enough!

< Message edited by Solin -- 5/21/2009 18:42:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 254
5/21/2009 18:36:34   
the person!

Will monsters have descriptions?
I remember someone said that those take up unnecessary space.
Post #: 255
5/21/2009 18:37:03   
frogboy52295

well its my birthday tomorrow so this is a little early gift XD
AQ DF  Post #: 256
5/21/2009 18:37:55   
Nickwright
Creative!

Only one more? Galanoth you spoil us D:<

Can't wait, I really want to play, like really bad...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 257
5/21/2009 18:38:11   
Cryogenesis

/head asplodes from impending awesomeness.
AQ DF  Post #: 258
5/21/2009 18:40:45   
Reez

MOAR?!?! awsum :3
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 259
5/21/2009 18:41:26   
Mytra

quote:

Will monsters have descriptions?
I remember someone said that those take up unnecessary space.

I hope they will. I always enjoy reading the small stories of the monsters in AQ. However, if within the games story the information is already present there's no real purpose for it.
AQ DF  Post #: 260
5/21/2009 18:42:37   
BladeSlayer

quote:

OMG AQW isn't even finished, the sweep in AQ has barely begun, we have the tweak now in DF, and AE is creating a NEW GAME?!
WHY?!
QFT, I would really prefer that AE works on its current games. I still do look forward to it's release.
DF  Post #: 261
5/21/2009 18:43:12   
bob.builder

@ above... I am in the same position as you are.

I am very happy about this upcoming game.!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 262
5/21/2009 18:44:12   
DhoomLord

I don't know how to respond to this epicness....
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 263
5/21/2009 18:46:14   
TreadLight

BladeSlayer,
  1. The sweep is not a top priority at the moment.
  2. AQW is not finished? None of the games are finished yet. And none of the AQW staff are even part of the WF team, from what we know.
  3. They are making the new game because it is currently the next needed thing for the AQ plot. Just think of it more like the most frontal side project AE has ever made. :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 264
5/21/2009 18:46:30   
The Balancer

A COUNSEL GAME MWOOOOOT
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 265
5/21/2009 18:48:00   
Nickwright
Creative!

They said like a Console game, meaning its going to be Semi-linear.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
5/21/2009 18:48:28   
Mytra

quote:

A COUNSEL GAME MWOOOOOT

Eh? Do you mean console game? If so that's not what this is. If not then I admit to stupidity :(
AQ DF  Post #: 267
5/21/2009 18:48:57   
AQ Madness

Aww!!! Awww! Aww man!! This is sweet!!!!! XD XD

o One time Payment Upgrade
o You can choose different races
o Star Trek Alike!
o BIG monthly releases...sweetness

Wooot! I am so going to play this!
DF  Post #: 268
5/21/2009 18:50:50   
boandkevin5

That Big head thing looks like its Some Kind of Chaos Infected Metroid Prime.. 0_o
DF  Post #: 269
5/21/2009 18:51:24   
Mytra

What I can't help but wonder is, what part will magic play in this? I understand this game will feature alot of technology as it's set across the universe but will magic still be an important feature?
AQ DF  Post #: 270
5/21/2009 18:51:26   
ArchMagus Orodalf

I did NOT expect this. Huzzah! Hopefully, we'll be seeing The Outland sometime soon...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
5/21/2009 18:52:47   
legomaster00156

Wow! Another game already? It was just October that AQW came out! Game #5... another futuristic game is what this is, right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 272
5/21/2009 18:53:40   
DOOM Muffin

Wow a new game ALREADY?!?

I didnt hear about this until now, I dont know how much energy the AE team will have left and the other games might suffer some neglect however that wasnt the case with AQW
DF  Post #: 273
5/21/2009 18:55:02   
kakarot1123

EPIC!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 274
5/21/2009 18:59:18   
p_buhl

Ok, I think WarpForce will be good, people liked the Devourer Saga (I did) but I really think it is just way too early for them to think about a new game.

AQW doesn't even have basic RPG or MMO features right now....no stats, no pvp, they don't even have full class skills for goodness sakes. Plus Artix stated that we would get stats by stats and pvp by summer, if they try working on a new game and stats and pvp they might get half done. I really think they need to spend some more time on AQW gameplay features before they go on with WF.

And in AQ the sweep just began and now we've got the tweak in DF to deal with. Its just too early with all these games working on a major gameplay things. But all in all I hope WF excells, I for one, hope it is very good, I'd hate to see AE fail. I just hope it will be as awesome as it will be hyped up to be. Good luck AE, You'll need it =P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Warp Force Announcement Discussion
Page 11 of 24«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition