Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2009 11:23:07   
TreadLight

Blade Of Judgement, the feeling is mutual throughout most of the people who know about WarpForce. :P I know it is for me. xD
rephay, we can't really be sure just now, because all that has been said about races is that there will be the three: Drakel, Elf, Human.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 276
5/23/2009 11:25:07   
Kuld

@OmniGuardian:
I am probably a bit biased against AQ's combat system, seeing as I got increasingly frustrated by it. I used to enjoy it, but then along came No Mans Land.
And I agree with you on the community part. :3

@rephay:
The storyline probably won't be that different from race to race, seeing as it would result in a lot of extra work...But some differences may be present, but at the moment, we have no idea. As Treadlight said, we only know what three races will be playable.
MQ  Post #: 277
5/23/2009 11:31:00   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

I can understand completely how a batch of recent monsters could have disturbed your faith in the battle system. When the KoO try out new ideas things can occassionly seem bizarre. Once The Sweep is finished I assure you that you will be able to see it's potential. Also as Falerin or Galanoth said this game is being made with balance in mind so I suspect we will thoroughly enjoy it.

< Message edited by OmniGuardian -- 5/23/2009 11:32:16 >
Post #: 278
5/23/2009 11:32:22   
Nex del Vida

I've always loved AQ's battle system. I like it much more than DF's, for instance, and can't really say much about the other games. I think AQ allows a lot of diversity in its equipment.
AQ  Post #: 279
5/23/2009 11:36:00   
Xyo

Woot, can't wait to play WarpForce! By the sound of the game it looks so epic xD

MQ  Post #: 280
5/23/2009 11:36:18   
Blade Of Judgement

Hmm , can Falerin tell me a brief idea how the WarpGuardian armor looks like ?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 281
5/23/2009 11:37:25   
rephay

Yeah why cant we see the guardian stuff?
Post #: 282
5/23/2009 11:38:31   
rephay

Xyo:You prob gonna play 3 days non-stop again >.<

< Message edited by rephay -- 5/23/2009 11:39:23 >
Post #: 283
5/23/2009 11:48:49   
ufnhoj

i cant wait to play this awsome game xD

Swoop! An Owl flies away with your sig! Doens't look like he wants to give it back..

Sigs are allowed to have a max height of 100 pixels, and a max width of 500.
With the filesize not exceeding 50kB
AQ  Post #: 284
5/23/2009 11:56:55   
Xyphon

Looks like it's going to be AQ with a new plot and new chars.. Kind of what they did with DF and MQ (MQ was exactly the same as DF with mechs and high tech stuff). I will sign up, login, and probably get membership, but I doubt I'll really like it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 285
5/23/2009 12:00:11   
rephay

But please dont let non-members refresh the page to log in because that would make us so mad....I will give you a cookie if you dont do it
Post #: 286
5/23/2009 12:01:02   
Kuld

@Xyphon:
Actually, MQ is very different from DF in a lot of ways. They don't share the same combat, inventory or stat systems, the quests are built rather differently, and so is the plot. They may have the same engine, but MQ is very far from being "the same as DF with mechs and high tech stuff".
MQ  Post #: 287
5/23/2009 12:01:51   
jazlovely_017

Can't wait?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 288
5/23/2009 12:01:53   
TreadLight

Xyphon, no, MechQuest really wasn't that much like DragonFable... In fact, everything is different besides the original engine the two games were based off of and some of the character layouts. So, that's about 15% of the game as we know it. I expect that this game will be in much better quality than AdventureQuest is because AdventureQuest started in 2002, and still has some art from way back in that time. It also has a lot of coding and battling flaws, but this game is going to made and balanced as best as it can straight from the start.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 289
5/23/2009 12:04:06   
Xyphon

And the same engine is what draws me away from playing. If the AE team won't use their beautiful originality to develop a new engine, it's not worth my time to play.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 290
5/23/2009 12:06:57   
TreadLight

Xyphon, the game engine is only the stuff that makes the game work. It will have a lot of functions just like AdventureQuest's, but I think it's safe to say that about everything else will be very different. Let's just wait and see until the game is released in testing and judge from then.

< Message edited by TreadLight -- 5/23/2009 12:07:15 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 291
5/23/2009 12:07:21   
UZ

O__O

In my opinion, AQ's engine is so much better than any other game's... I was so happy when I heard that WF's goin' to use the same engine.
Post #: 292
5/23/2009 12:09:32   
Xyphon

But, I believe AE could create another engine. Also, they said the plot will be the same, that's another drawback.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 293
5/23/2009 12:12:20   
Kuld

@Xyphon:
I think AQs engine will work extremly well for the kind of game Warpforce seems to be. And the story won't be the same - but it will explore another important branch of the story we know from AQ.
MQ  Post #: 294
5/23/2009 12:13:31   
ash dragon king

hehehehe, this should be fun
drakel with giga-mega-gun with silly Duo Lance bayonet and looks and works like a crossbow for me
To AQ or anyone in the know:
*will you play as a drakel or will there be other races? it would be quite good if it was, (you know, World of warcraft style races)
* can you colour custom your character and get the addons like DF? (E.G. red coloured skin with one battle-scarred eye, wings for a cape and like i said above)
*will there be starter weapon suggestions post? Because as sad as it is, i am drawing a full scale schematic of the weapon design. (lolololol, this should be fun)
*will there be two handed weapons in this game? i kinda hope of getting a two handed rifle in this game or something like this
*who on AE is designing the game? Please say cyzero coz i kinda like insane silly beginning stuff
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 295
5/23/2009 12:14:13   
Xyphon

I understand your point of view, but mine is quite a bit different, because just the fact that the plot and engine will be the same is a major drawback for me. If it is not like that for you, then fine, you will be getting more of a thrill out of this game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 296
5/23/2009 12:16:14   
Kuld

@ash dragon king
Information related to most of those questions have yet to be released, but I can tell you this: we will get to chose if we want to play a Human, an Elf or a Drakel.

@Xyphon:
Well, this game IS a spinoff of AQ, not an entirely separate game...I can understand your viewpoint though.
MQ  Post #: 297
5/23/2009 12:20:28   
ash dragon king

Ok then, One question down, a lot more to go!
And i wouldnt call it a spinoff, i would call it an expansion, like Battleon 2:the drakel's turn or something like that

< Message edited by ash dragon king -- 5/23/2009 12:21:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 298
5/23/2009 12:22:41   
Kuld

Oh yeah, didn't notice your last question:
"*who on AE is designing the game? Please say cyzero coz i kinda like insane silly beginning stuff"

The same team that works on Adventure Quest will work on Warpforce - so Cysero probably won't have that much of a role, if any in the development of this game.

And expansion would probably be a good way to describe it too, yeah.

< Message edited by Kuld -- 5/23/2009 12:23:56 >
MQ  Post #: 299
5/23/2009 12:24:31   
Blade Of Judgement

It should be Galanoth or Falerin , . So , Kuld , what others will they add ????? plz answer me

< Message edited by Blade Of Judgement -- 5/23/2009 12:25:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition