Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 5 of 17«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2009 16:07:46   
Nex del Vida

andy123: As said above, this does make sense. Since WF related directly and sequentially to AQ, it is logical that only AQ Guardians get to play it. If you don't like its predecessor, it is likely you won't like it, either.
AQ  Post #: 101
5/22/2009 16:07:51   
Runehawk Master

Note:On Amethyst Mothership there is a message saying: The Warpforce is out there. It has been a spoiler all along.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 102
5/22/2009 16:09:15   
Nex del Vida

Yes. There are threads about this in S&T. Also note that Falerin's latest AQ SDN post says THE WARPFORCE IS COMING in an acronym-like letter from Galrick to Celestra.
AQ  Post #: 103
5/22/2009 16:09:58   
Calogero

@ Nex
but than again, MQ had nothing to do with Guardian yet they tested it aswell :P
like i've said :P no logic xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
5/22/2009 16:14:40   
Nex del Vida

...No... MQ was an entirely new game. If they made a direct sequel to MQ, only SCs would get to test it. See? Logic. Observe:

Bob: I hate Monopoly!
Jim: Really? I like it.
Advertisement: Coming to a store near you: Monopoly V2.0! This exciting new game will be based on Monopoly and will have the same style of gameplay and will relate to the plot* of Monopoly, but will have many different elements and an exciting new storyline! Monopoly V2.0 will only be available to those who have bought the original monopoly.
Bob: No fair! Why can't everyone play it?
Jim: ...?

*The fact that Monopoly has no plot is irrelevant

See? Why would you want to play WF if you don't like AQ? It's really very simple.

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 5/22/2009 16:16:04 >
AQ  Post #: 105
5/22/2009 16:15:30   
Mytra

For people pondering the reason for the Guardian only testing I can offer one idea. Opening beta to all members would mean a significantly larger group of testers which would put larger strain on the games servers. As they may not have new game servers up and running yet they might be minimising the number of people playing so that there's no struggle to play. Just a guess though.

Be that true or false, as the game is a continuation on one of AQ's plots it makes it quite simple why AE might limit it to them.
AQ DF  Post #: 106
5/22/2009 16:17:10   
Comparison

I really hope that warpforce will not face the balance issues that AQ does... hopefully balance standards have already been made for warpforce so that we don't have to go through another multiple year long sweep
AQ  Post #: 107
5/22/2009 16:18:17   
Mytra

The KoO will be working from the start to make sure the game remains balanced.
AQ DF  Post #: 108
5/22/2009 16:25:09   
Comparison

atrum: did they really say that? (I really hope they did)

do you happen to have a quote?
AQ  Post #: 109
5/22/2009 16:27:58   
Nickwright
Creative!

quote:

For example, The Knights of the Order are very much involved in WF from the very beginning. Meaning it is being created with an eye toward balance right out the door. As an example of this, the initial level progression in WarpForce will be substantially slower than that of AdventureQuest.

This will give you much more time to play with equipment, earn funds to make purchases, test them, sell them and try them out. Purchase decisions won’t need to be nearly as selective as in AdventureQuest and you will have every reason to buy and try as much as possible and explore your own possibilities. This change will directly benefit the KoO’s efforts to balance AQ as well. How you ask? Once tested extensively, and evaluated by you the player, this system will be very easy to port to AQ as well. Meaning, more time in AQ to test weapons, to use tier 1 classes and skills and to truly develop and customize your character individually. In short, this will HELP AQ’s sweep and provide us with invaluable data on how to do it most effectively.

From this thread
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16030942

also a more direct quote

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16027949

< Message edited by Nickwright -- 5/22/2009 16:29:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
5/22/2009 16:30:52   
My Pain

Question.

Will WarpForce be a complete rip of AdventureQuest but with a space theme?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 111
5/22/2009 16:32:24   
  Phantasmia
Time to be a [BIG SHOT]

@My Pain: Only the Staff knows... i think...
DF AQW  Post #: 112
5/22/2009 16:33:28   
TreadLight

My Pain, the game is based off of part of AQ's storyline, but will be managed and done differently than AQ. Although they may have the same engine and other things, you can probably expect a much more advanced form of what we currently see in AQ crossed with the slightly similar atmosphere of MQ. Nothing is for sure, though. All we really know of is from the teaser and the few posts Galanoth and Falerin made.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
5/22/2009 16:33:30   
Comparison

yay balance at last!!!
AQ  Post #: 114
5/22/2009 16:35:31   
Yusaku Godai

I got excited when I saw I could play as a Drakel, I am even more excited now that I have seen the teaser. This looks like it will be alot of fun for me .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
5/22/2009 16:38:42   
snowydude

Does anyone know if we are guardians in AQ, will we use the same username as the one in AQ?
Post #: 116
5/22/2009 16:38:50   
Aaronrules380

A few of the things will probably be, but the equipment will probably be different for one thing, and I'm sure a few things will be different as well
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
5/22/2009 16:45:54   
Kuld

Oooh, new Warpforce forum banner, neat!
MQ  Post #: 118
5/22/2009 16:51:49   
Nickwright
Creative!

I love the new banner...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
5/22/2009 16:52:34   
Lazo

Another game!!! OMG!!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 120
5/22/2009 16:53:03   
Llong Jjohn Killer

..........Will we get Shiny Boy suits in WF?

Also, if this is the story of the Drakel leaving Lore to hunt The 'Galin, then why are the Humans and Elves coming.......Humans, I guess some might knwo the technology, but I don't think the Elves in AQ know much about it.

< Message edited by Llong Jjohn Killer -- 5/22/2009 16:59:38 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
5/22/2009 16:53:35   
TreadLight

That banner is so awesome. o_o

So much hype for such an awesomely awesomesauce game (well, we all know it will be)! :D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
5/22/2009 17:01:16   
Nickwright
Creative!

I can't wait D:<

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
5/22/2009 17:06:59   
Drakyloid
LoidTastic!

Yipee! Another no-walk-around game! Makes the game go faster .

I'll play it just as much as I will play DF, MQ and AQW (sad;y, I have limited play time on AQ because of the capacity limit...)
Speaking of capacity limits, will WF be like AQ, with a free player limit, or like DF and MQ, with no player limit??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
5/22/2009 17:07:04   
weapon of choice

O_o

Whoaaaa, just saw it's trailer in AQ.

'Tis going to be epic. Shame about the guardian only-thing.

Guess I'll have to buy a guardianship as well.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 5 of 17«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition