Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 9 of 17«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2009 22:29:33   
ferty157

yeah like in oblivion

here are some tips for possible stats:

Human-balanced

Drakel- good at only one(you get to choose between melee or laser weaponry)

and maybe even add, elves....

or make a killzone 2 pun like put in a lost helghan

or maybe have housing in the form of ships except it can be attacked and you hire robot or turrets to protect it

here are also suggestions for classess:
1.Mercenary- can wear different types of armor and can be trained to master a combat skill, get paid by planets to protect caravans,kings....
2.Soldier- specilizes in heavy armor and skilled in combat, you can choose to fight battles on planets
3.Bounty Hunter- random mission every week and gets paid if oyu beat it(like a weekly challenge)
4.Guardian- only fights for good, goes on covert missions
5. Tactician- Play the Tower Defence game!(you start with 2 troops and adds on more as you rank up)

Armor ideas:
Enhanced guardian
Space rebel
lost adventurer(defualt)
soldier-You can choose to fight for any planet and they each have a different color for their armor

daily random quests:
Mercenary- Protect the convoy from pirates(space)
Soilder- Protect the planetfrom an invasion(weekly wars)
Bounty Hunter- Fight a random enemy which when killed gets you LOTS of money(so either you battle him head on) or you can disguise yourself and a stat roll for success
Guardian- Help raid a convoy of enemies

or I have the game played 2 different ways. You can also choose to be a sabeutor but you have to play puzzles instead of battling

Factions:
Galin
Bandits

SOOP- or Super Organization Of People

Sub-classess:
Sabatour
engineer-play the pipe connecting minigame to save your ship!
Sniper- shoot a target out of a crowd of people

Monster Suggestions:
Hydralics(lol)
EsCHAIReon
Pirate bandits
Malfunctioning robot
Lost adventurer

Pet suggestions:
you can build a random pets out of parts and add eyes

as you get to higher levels more options will appear
Scavenge- send your pet away for 1 daw for a 25% chance of finding a rare item

< Message edited by ferty157 -- 5/22/2009 23:00:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 201
5/22/2009 22:38:44   
the person!

quote:

or maybe have housing in the form of ships except it can be attacked and you hire robot or turrets to protect it

They could probably do something similar to the Estate system in AQ, since it's built on the same engine.
Post #: 202
5/22/2009 22:52:30   
darksideofthefarm

Wow another AE game. Looks cool, probably won't play it too much cause I won't upgrade, and alread upgraded AQ and DF. But hey I might, Looks really cool though, for a space themed game which aren't my favorite for RPG like games(which is why I quit MQ and never upgraded it) But might be awesome

Ferty157: Dark Brotherhood is from Oblivion, and that could make some big copyright issues for AE, same with Gondor (lord of the rings)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 203
5/22/2009 22:58:55   
Seriyu

And brotherhood of steel and the enclave are as well. Pretty sure Saboteur is a class in some FPS too. :p

A parody is similar, not entirely the same. :p
AQ DF  Post #: 204
5/22/2009 23:01:28   
ferty157

I don't know what FPS is....

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 205
5/22/2009 23:04:04   
Blade Of Judgement

First Person Shooting
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 206
5/22/2009 23:27:44   
DA Holder67

I have already Decided that I am going to be a Fire Attributed Elf Ranger named Garadur.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 207
5/22/2009 23:53:50   
Caotica White

I'm probably going to be an elf. If they have bo-staffs, then I will rob an orphanage to upgrade.
DF MQ  Post #: 208
5/23/2009 0:06:43   
Epsilon2012

As long as my character is named Epsilon...than I'm good to go!!!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 209
5/23/2009 0:08:12   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: raenef1

I appreciate all this work you guys are doing but I don't think I'll give it a try. While I'm THRILLED about the Elf race thing (REALLY wish this was in AQ and AQW) I just LOATHE space themed games. And I don't understand why saying it will be like MQ is inaccurate, MQ is the only space themed game AE has and I think it's safe to say it's the least popular (I'm not saying that it's not popular just the least popular) so I think it would be wise to learn from that. I'm not talking about the interface of course but the theme and the story line.

By that logic star wars, transformers, star trek, doctor who, gundam, and voltron are all alike.

They both are sci fi. They both are in space. And there the similarities between MQ and WF end.
Post #: 210
5/23/2009 0:08:43   
Death

wait guys where do u find this game "WarpForce"?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
5/23/2009 0:10:14   
moneybags
More than a Game

June 3rd!! Can't wait! :D

@Death1994: Its not out yet, it'll be in beta July 3rd. There's a teaser in AQ

< Message edited by Falerin -- 5/23/2009 0:11:33 >
Epic  Post #: 212
5/23/2009 0:21:33   
TreadLight

Hmm... I guess we don't get to see the screenshots today. We have about 40 minutes left until the end of today, so I doubt they'll be released. :(

Though, that's alright. I'm sure we'll get some more sneak-peeks soon. :D

Edit: That means that US EST time zones, which is what Artix Entertainment uses, ended their day 20 minutes ago. D:

< Message edited by TreadLight -- 5/23/2009 0:23:06 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 213
5/23/2009 0:30:07   
Cheddar

quote:

MQ is the only space themed game AE has and I think it's safe to say it's the least popular (I'm not saying that it's not popular just the least popular) so I think it would be wise to learn from that.

There is a reason why MQ is the least popular and it is not because it is space-themed or sci-fi. It is because it is relatively new. Now, you may say, "but, Cheddar, AQW is brand new and it is immensely popular." My response to this: it is a REAL-TIME, BROWSER-BASED MMO, for crying out loud! MMOs often gain instant popularity, especially if the developers have a good history. Additionally, it is real-time, which attracts even more people [because I do believe this generation of online gamers is much more into real time than turn-based combat]. Lastly, it is browser-based, meaning it has no downloads, and that is another attractive thing for those who like real-time MMOs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 214
5/23/2009 0:40:43   
Paladin99706

It would be interesting to have at least the ability to post up your own quests, like get this and this item for me and I will reward you with this. I'm not talking about NPC-Player, but rather Player-Player.
Even if, it would be fun. That way, WF would 'always' have missions.

My AQStats.com Profile! AQW: Doomsla
Post #: 215
5/23/2009 0:55:09   
Death

o guess i wont be beta for Warpforce, im going to China
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 216
5/23/2009 0:56:23   
Ayerius
Banned

Warpforce seems to be an interesting concept. I mostly stick to playing dragonfable and mechquest along with aqworlds and I dropped AQ. I see this as two things. A chance to get a good start on a game like aq and maybe be a founder, I also see a chance at some cool beta or alpha test item. I like the new game idea because of the fact it's like aq, honestly I believe that the newer you are to AQ the worse you'll be. It's really hard to get good in AQ and especially with all the high pricing of items and powerful monsters. I am a level 50 dragonlord in DF and a level 33 star captain in MQ and finally a lvevl 20 member in aqw. I am, have been, and will be a proud supporter of Artix Entertainment Games.
DF  Post #: 217
5/23/2009 1:06:55   
Blade Of Judgement

Er , guys , what is the best browser to play a game built on aq game engine / in other words , I want to ask what browser to use , it should be out for free players by october , but I dot wait until late sep then ask .

< Message edited by Blade Of Judgement -- 5/23/2009 1:09:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 218
5/23/2009 1:31:50   
Necrotix

Sorry Blade,didn't read,I guess I'll still play but I am hoping that WF is better than AQ in release wise

< Message edited by Necrotix -- 5/23/2009 1:48:32 >
Post #: 219
5/23/2009 1:41:17   
Blade Of Judgement

@Necrotix , why are you still hoping when they had already said there will be no walkaround ?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 220
5/23/2009 1:55:40   
Xyphos

Where can I see this teaser? Can someone give me a link if there is one?
Post #: 221
5/23/2009 1:56:25   
Blade Of Judgement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeAox3FphtY or in aq .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 222
5/23/2009 2:18:04   
aNyThInG

So, WF will be using the same game engine like AQ.

Does that mean free players wouldn't be able to login freely at anytime?
AQ DF  Post #: 223
5/23/2009 2:23:20   
Blade Of Judgement

No . Did you read Falerin's announcement carefully ?

quote:

Question: Will this game have the same server caps AQ has? Don't you know that players find them very annoying?

Answer: No. We do know that the players consider the server caps annoying. Many of us do not like them either but they are needed if AQ is going to continue. This game will have an entirely novel mechanism for addressing the balance between free-to-play and upgraded content and we believe this new mechanism will work very well. We will not be using the present AQ server caps on WarpForce at this point.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 224
5/23/2009 3:29:03   
rjgwapo

so will this pe like a blend of MQ themes and AQ graphics?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 9 of 17«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition