Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= A Mystery Unfolds!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Mystery Unfolds!
Page 16 of 29«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2009 18:52:24   
Nickwright
Creative!

Hagan's

A V I C C T H H A B T D E J N V H V K I Y C J B C
J K N D A V I T I Q Y I V I Q Q V I S K I Y H J Y

Translated with teh First puzzle's language is

R ? S W W L I I R V L ? ? E M ? I ? T S ? W E V W
E T M ? R ? S L S O ? S ? S O O ? S ? T S ? I E ?

< Message edited by Nickwright -- 6/1/2009 18:56:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 376
6/1/2009 18:57:51   
TreadLight

Another thing to think of is this... Should we really getting oh so far with the current decryption?

We found square roots. Then we changed the square roots to the corresponding letters in the alphabet. Then we removed "Falerin", "Admiral Amada", and "Zorbak". And on...

Should we really be this far? We certainly didn't have to go near this far with the other puzzles.

Edit: I'm not saying to stop, but that we should about what we are doing. It could be much more simple than this.

< Message edited by TreadLight -- 6/1/2009 18:59:07 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 377
6/1/2009 18:58:38   
Hagen

Does not look promising...

However the chance of finding right names in the random text are small, I think that move was correct.
AQ MQ  Post #: 378
6/1/2009 19:00:37   
Nickwright
Creative!

It is uncanny to Hagen that all 3 names were found in the text itself aswell, after Square roots and alphabetting them.

Its too much to be a coincidence however it could just be a wild goose chase, a red herring.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 379
6/1/2009 19:02:41   
Lord Asrius

Blast it, you're already too far for me to be of any help.
And I do think it should be this complicated. After all, 3 is plenty enough puzzles to let us get in the habit of solving.
Or maybe they just saw how fast Nex solved the last one.
AQ DF  Post #: 380
6/1/2009 19:07:28   
redman95

What if you put the interpreted text in four rows and then did a rail cifer, because 1+1+1+1=4.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 381
6/1/2009 19:13:09   
Gundisalvus

Actually, you'd be surprised what random things you can find in text.
For example:
quote:

What if we put it through the substitution cipher four times? So we'd take the sqrt'ed version, alphanumericize it, put it through the substitution cipher, put the result through the substitution cipher, put the result through the substitution cipher, and put the result through the substitution cipher? The number of useable letters would get smaller and smaller, but we might get a word here and there which could help us with the rest of the puzzle.

I can pull out Zorbak, Admiral Amada, and Falerin. That's all three names, and from a randomly chosen piece of text. I'm not saying you're wrong, but be careful about seeing connections where there are none.

< Message edited by Gundisalvus -- 6/1/2009 19:14:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 382
6/1/2009 19:14:43   
Lkeas

It makes more sense if you notice you can also removed Admiral Amada, Zorbak, and Falerin from the first puzzle with the typo'd 19:

QLTLLLTOYFYM(N)BBMFOSO

NSTBTBNQIQLITBJKJF

FJOTDKBTJKNL
AQ DF  Post #: 383
6/1/2009 19:14:57   
Nickwright
Creative!

Actually we could remove Fal, AA and Zorby from teh first puzzle we did today aswell Gundisalvus, we're heading in the right direction

< Message edited by Nickwright -- 6/1/2009 19:15:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 384
6/1/2009 19:20:41   
Jakau Ryuu

I used "Zorbak" and "Falerin" as keywords for a basic keyword cipher, but mostly pulled gibberish (save the word "fate" anyway). A Vigenère cipher isn't out of the question yet, but that'll take a while to work out. Not having much luck, but codes interest me, which is why I'm helping.

This's what I got using "Falerin" as the keyword for a basic keyword cipher:
D G K E F V C T C P Y C V C P P V C S G C Y B D Y
F V C L L T B B F A T E R D K V B V G C Y L D A L

EDIT: For the purpose of speeding things up, I found a Vigenère decoder, but didn't pull anything out except more gibberish. This means, at the very least, it isn't a Vigenère cipher or keyword cipher unless it's double-coded.

< Message edited by Jakau Ryuu -- 6/1/2009 19:29:34 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 385
6/1/2009 20:11:08   
Nex del Vida

(Gun: Heh, cool.)

Okay, so let's do one of each of the previous types of solution. I'll rearrange them in all the possible combinations, then you guys will have to try each one (I can't on this computer. Far too slow, and around ten percent of the screen is leaking LCD so it's all schlooby.)

a)
1. Square root/alphanumericize. We've already done that, you can find the solutions everywhere in this thread. This is the logical first step.
2. Remove Falerin, Zorbak and Admiral Amada from the message.
3. Rail cipher. Probably using the line breaks shown and vertical, for convenience.
4. Substitution. Use the cipher figured out in the first puzzle to find the answer.

b)
1. Sqrt/alphanum.
2. Rail cipher.
3. Remove Fal, Amada, and Zorby.
4. Substitution.

c)
1. Sqrt/alphanum.
2. Remove F, AA, and Z.
3. Substitution.
4. Rail cipher.

d)
1. Sqrt/alphanum.
2. Rail.
3. Sub.
4. Remove.

e)
1. Sqrt/alphanum.
2. Sub.
3. Rail.
4. Remove.

f)
1. Sqrt/alphanum.
2. Sub.
3. Remove.
4. Rail.

AQ  Post #: 386
6/1/2009 20:17:06   
Azami
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Option B doesn't work. By the time I remove Falerin I'm at the end & have to cycle back. Even if I continue, I can't get all of Admiral. I will continue it just cycling thru & save the outcome. Then will move on to Option D.
DF  Post #: 387
6/1/2009 20:21:16   
Nex del Vida

Not quite sure what you mean there. Step One should give you the block of text. Step Two gives you the same block of text, but arranged differently. Removing Falerin, Amada and Zorbak should be the same as in, say, option A.

By the way, have you tried A? Or did you randomly pick B and D to try?
AQ  Post #: 388
6/1/2009 20:24:42   
Gundisalvus

@Nex:Wait, in option A, what's the point of rail ciphering? I mean, you'll still end up with the exact same letters, so it doesn't make any sense to rail-cipher it if you're going to rearrange the letters right afterward.

Edit:Never mind. Was confused about what rail fence cipher is. Clear now.

< Message edited by Gundisalvus -- 6/1/2009 20:31:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 389
6/1/2009 20:26:10   
Nex del Vida

...Why not? You'll be getting different combinations of words, the letters of which you then change.
AQ  Post #: 390
6/1/2009 20:34:25   
Lkeas

The hope is that it truly is a rail cipher so we don't have to unscramble the words as well, and the proper substitution of letters will give us the readable message. However if the words are scrambled there's no point to a rail, since the letters are in random order anyway.

I haven't made any headway in the substitution step, though. This is getting pretty ridiculous. With no spacing it's just like trying to decipher one gigantic word. Using the letter frequencies hasn't helped much. Using the most frequent letter substitutions I get this:

TENNRAARMICTEATONIUNIDCLLHHTERESOETESSTUEWDEHOAIOD

No way to know if the substitution is correct, though, since the letters are still scrambled, it looks like. If I do a rail on them it comes out:

HITDECNLNHRTAEARHEUSROLEMTIECSTSATTEDWEDOENOIAUINO

At this point I'm going to have to give up, unfortunately. I wasted too much time today on this and didn't get enough work done.
AQ DF  Post #: 391
6/1/2009 20:44:00   
Denolth
Sailing

Even not posting, I tried a lot of possibilities, but sincerely, I haven't gotten anything. It's getting harder and harder everything I try. This one was really hard. But reuniting all the hints we've got on this last code, can't we think on anything possible? I'm quite sure that, if noone knows the answer, that's the only way out =[

Dudu
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 392
6/1/2009 21:14:01   
kirbymaster2

quote:

Just remember, The God of Good will never steer you wrong. But, he may detour you a bit.

Could this be a clue?
Maybe we're supposed to eliminate Eldron, or God of Good instead, or in addition to the other name.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 393
6/1/2009 21:57:36   
Argusus

????
What the? could someone explain this to me? I can't find out any of this.

This is bob
☻/
/I
/ \
bob is epic.
DF  Post #: 394
6/1/2009 22:03:32   
Randomnity

I dislike admitting it, but this puzzle has me puzzled. All of my suggestions and theories have failed, because none of them made any sense put to the test. Eldron, you sneaky devil. Er, god, rather.
AQ  Post #: 395
6/1/2009 22:13:52   
superfuzzball

I GOT IT!!

after hours of hard work...

spoiler:

our cause is ?ust, our mission is survival, we cannot, we will not fail.

cant find what F is tho. it took me a while.

< Message edited by superfuzzball -- 6/1/2009 22:14:15 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 396
6/1/2009 22:17:13   
Dicer

Frag, it's a Hill Cipher. I hate to admit it, but we shouldn't have made it into text first, since that messed it up entirely if it IS a Hill Cipher. Don't ask me how I figured that out, just help me try to solve it and give some credit if it's right, please.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 397
6/1/2009 22:18:04   
Azami
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Using Remove (Fal, A.A., Zorb), Rail, Substitute or Remove, Sub, Rail give the same result:
quote:

R E v T S M W d W
R L v I S I L R S
V O L y d S e v E S
M O v O I v v S T s S
T y S W y E I V E W y
DF  Post #: 398
6/1/2009 22:18:07   
Gundisalvus

'Er... that was the first puzzle. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that was solved quite awhile ago.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 399
6/1/2009 22:18:53   
superfuzzball

o

whoops

o well :D
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Mystery Unfolds!
Page 16 of 29«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition