Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= A Mystery Unfolds!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Mystery Unfolds!
Page 23 of 29«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2009 20:21:49   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

And while "Dark Madder" is very close to "dark matter", it is not much farther away from "dark mother"...
AQ  Post #: 551
6/2/2009 20:41:24   
Cod Cod Lord of Mysteries

Hmm... That's true.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 552
6/2/2009 20:57:17   
drakehello

hmmm, hagen said that haven mixed with hades gives us haden.... perhaps a floating haven for the undead?

Also i thought darth meant "in" thus darth vader= invader darth sidious= insidious

darth maul dosent count because he dies like a wimp :D

Edit: dark father.... hades..... perhaps the "dark father" is the grim reaper... and husband of the "dark mother"?

iron grip.... machines perhaps?

< Message edited by drakehello -- 6/2/2009 21:01:32 >
DF MQ  Post #: 553
6/2/2009 21:11:27   
Gundisalvus

Madder is a plant. Also, if something is "madder," it is red.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 554
6/3/2009 3:09:59   
Hagen

Umm, so maybe in our context:
Mad Mother =-> Madder
Huh?
AQ MQ  Post #: 555
6/3/2009 3:22:35   
Kuld

For all we know it may be a combination of 'mad' and 'hatter', we don't have any real way to tell right now...There is even a band named 'Madder Mortem' which would even fit together with this persons theme, but there is no proof for or against this. x)
MQ  Post #: 556
6/3/2009 3:56:55   
shadowblade2

Why is Madder suddenly two words joined together, it could (Probably not) be madder as in "More mad"
Post #: 557
6/3/2009 6:15:43   
wolfmansbro

i think your all taking it to far. i think its just a name. does it have to have a long punny meaning? did we sit for hours debating what sepulchures name meant? couldent it just be the fact that this characters name is its name dark madder? now im certain hans name is a star wars pun. hans olo. but really some names are just names with no pun or meaning.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 558
6/3/2009 6:51:14   
Hagen

Actually Sepulchure origins from "sepulcher" a word of Hebrew origins means "burial chamber".
Related English words: "sepulchre" - "a tomb", "sepurchral" or "sepurcheral" - "related to burial".

So such an analysis is worthwhile!
AQ MQ  Post #: 559
6/3/2009 9:48:46   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

[In Character]
While searching through information about the coming of the WarpForce, and by consequence the activities of the network, I happened upon this curious scrap of paper tucked away in my library. It is likely of no relevance, but in the off chance it contains anything worth noting. I am forwarding it to you.

Falerin.

[/In Character]

Paper is a grid of letters that looks like this link.
Post #: 560
6/3/2009 9:56:05   
Hagen

Um. Square 17x17.
17 is a prime number, so making another rectangle does not make sense.
AQ MQ  Post #: 561
6/3/2009 10:04:18   
Nex del Vida

Transposing to Excel now.

I wonder if the spacing is relevant--some letters are apart and some together.

EDIT: The word Pra'Mithia appears in the puzzle.

When copied to word, it takes the form of a rectangle which can be stretched by dragging a little box. I don't know if this is standard for Google Docs, but it's interesting. I'll experiment.

As I've said I'm not too good with ciphers. Somone should try some ciphers with Pra'Mithia as the key.

EDIT2: Also V'eld is in there.

Huh. Falerin's post doesn't seem to contain a clue of any kind... I'll try to find a method of encryption where the key is hidden in the message or something. Rg, no one's on IRC. I don't think I can solve this one by myself, guys.

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 6/3/2009 10:22:08 >
AQ  Post #: 562
6/3/2009 10:25:18   
Silverdragon

Falerin's post does contain a clue, I believe.

He said the paper is a grid of letters.
Isn't there something called the two grid ciphers

False trail, there is the Grille cipher (grille can be translated to grid in French), but it requires a special sheet with holes in it as key.

Oh wait, there's the Trellis or Chessboard cipher, who uses a chessboard as key. Someone try that, I got to go.

< Message edited by Silverdragon -- 6/3/2009 10:34:36 >
AQ DF  Post #: 563
6/3/2009 10:30:56   
la0o9

sorry but, is the latest puzzle the one where you guys solved using the square root and letter substitution, i've been gone for a while so...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 564
6/3/2009 10:33:45   
Traveler

Looking around I see some other words: Celestra (looking top to bottom, somewhere in the fourth colunm starting from the right), doorbells (looking bottom up, third column from the left). So this could be simply a word search puzzle...

Nah, it can't be that simple. Or can it?
AQ  Post #: 565
6/3/2009 10:33:50   
Nex del Vida

The latest puzzle is the one Falerin just posted.

...Bwahaha. Of course it can. Looking.

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 6/3/2009 10:34:24 >
AQ  Post #: 566
6/3/2009 10:39:35   
Traveler

Hmmm, yes. Giving us an easy puzzle just when we are overanalizing everything is precisely what Fal would love to do :-p

I have to go to prepare lunch, but I'll try to help while I eat.
AQ  Post #: 567
6/3/2009 10:46:19   
Nex del Vida

"Vandar" seems familiar. A Google search yields a Yoda-like Jedi named Vandar. With the Star Wars theme we seem to have, this may be intentional.
AQ  Post #: 568
6/3/2009 10:49:05   
aqua dragon

is the game rdy?is so how i get onto it?
AQ DF  Post #: 569
6/3/2009 10:50:27   
Nex del Vida

No, it is not ready. The Beta will be ready July 3. That type of question should not go in this thread.
AQ  Post #: 570
6/3/2009 10:52:51   
Traveler

Isn't Vandar one of the continents in Lore?
AQ  Post #: 571
6/3/2009 10:55:10   
Nex del Vida

...Indeed it is. That's why it sounded familiar. In fact, K'eld Alorin is on Vandar. Wewt!

EDIT: Warpforce is also in there, vertically in the eighth row from the left.

Burn found Xilar. It's diagonal up to the left, from the X in the eighth row.

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 6/3/2009 11:03:50 >
AQ  Post #: 572
6/3/2009 11:05:57   
Burn
Burnt!

Just gonna make a list of the ones we have.

Pra'Mithia
V'eld
Vandar
Warpforce
Xilar
Post #: 573
6/3/2009 11:07:38   
Traveler

I've looked the vertical words, and this is what I've got (the problem with this kind of puzzles is to determine which are relevant words and which are just random combinations of letters that happen to form a word):

rigid, Haden, Adama, doorbells, raw/war, bad, dean, won/now, Warpforce, rob, dice, Alorin, man, Celestra, gals, Corsica, Naab.

Horizontal words checked:

seal, Vandar, shed, lava, day, seal (again), Pra'Mithia, v'eld, salami (?!?!), will.

Things like "in", "on" or "no" can be found pretty easily, but they can be completely casual, so I've decided not to list them.

< Message edited by Traveler -- 6/3/2009 11:20:51 >
AQ  Post #: 574
6/3/2009 11:12:55   
Hagen

So now let's:

- find all the words
- look if they form a message
- look what left after removing the words...
AQ MQ  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Mystery Unfolds!
Page 23 of 29«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition