Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= Temura's Song contest! Submissions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Temura's Song contest! Submissions
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2009 9:35:28   
Galanoth
The Legendary Daragonslayer

This contest is done -- Winners will be announced by midnight Tuesday, June 16th!

The following is the story of Temura Ge'Thrak, who will be the WarpGuardian commander in WarpForce.

Temura is on the right

Contest: Create one of, or a combination of, the following: Original written and/or recorded song lyrics, original recorded music.

RULES: 1) One entry and one post per member. You may post an entry and repalce it with another before the end of the contest period, however.

2) All lyrics must be PG -- no profanity, etc. Your lyrics must follow the same rules as any posting on the forums would.

3) The music and lyrics you submit MUST be your own original work. By submitting to this contest, you are automatically promising that your submission is original.

4) You can TEAM up, up to 3 team members total: One of you can write, another record music, and yet another can sing. If your entry wins, then all members of the team win. Each winner gets an NPC on the Alteon in the area of their choice. However, this one entry will count as the one entry allowed for each member (see rule 1).

Format: Post a link to your finished file in .wav format OR mp3. Songs can be up to 3 minutes long.

Judging: Entries will be judged on overall creativity of music, lyrics, or both (50%), adherence to the theme of Temura's Story (20%), quality of sound recording (20%), and usability in the game-- such as how easily it can be looped and if its filesize is between 3-8 MB (10%)

Timeframe: Contest begins today, June 1, and ends on Friday, June 12th. Winners announced the following week.

Prizes: 1st place -- Temura's fellow WarpGuardian in the WarpGuardian Tower will be named after your character! A chance for your music to be ingame! You also get 4000 Z-Tokens.

2nd place(s) -- A chance for your music to be ingame plus 2000 Z-Tokens.

3rd place(s) -- 1000 Z-Tokens.

(NOTE: Z-Tokens are secondary currency in AQ and in WF)

TEMURA'S STORY

Temura is the last descendant of several human families that were taken in by the Drakel over a thousand years ago, when the Drakel moved into huge domed cities, called K'elds,
shielded from the attack of a world-eating creature called the Devourer. Temura’s ancestors were kept hidden in the massive mansion of the wealthiest Drakel family, the
Ge'Thraks.

Knowing that she is the last human hidden in a Drakel city, she goes against the Ge'Thrak family’s wishes and escapes the Drakel dome, going into the outside world
which no Drakel has seen for centuries, in search of other humans. The stories of the past say that the Drakel were the only true civilization, followed
closely by the Elves. Humans and dwarves had barely graduated from tribal society to villages and farms, and constant feuds kept them from becoming greater. The Elves did
not have the technological know-how of the Drakel, and were unable to properly defend themselves from the Devourer's Network, and so they suffered much. While the Drakel
passed centuries within the domes while the Network plundered Lore and many suffered and died. All the while, Temura's ancestors lived relatively safe lives under the
protection of the Ge'Thraks. After a millenium had passed, young Temura, only 16 at the time, ventured into the outside world thinking that all she might find is a
wasteland full of barbarians and monsters...

She finds monsters—lots of them—but also finds that Humans have become the dominant race, now living in many towns and kingdoms across the world of Lore.
Shortly after she left the K'eld, the Drakel themselves began to emerge. Many sought ways to increase their ability to defend against the Devourer's Network, should the
Devourer come again. Many Drakel cared little about the other races and used their superior technology and magiscience to take whatever they wanted in efforts to build up
their military might.

Temura tried to fit in to the human societies but could never quite understand many of their ways. In the K'eld, she was raised by parents who learned much from the Drakel,
and their worldview was very different. When her parents died, she became the last and only human in the entire K'eld.

A wide open plain dotted with villages, or a city open to the sky-- the daily effects of the elements and constant threats from neighboring kingdoms or monsters -- all of
this was alien to Temura. Also alien were the emotions that she suddenly had trouble controlling in the way the Drakel taught. Young human men looked at her strangely and
often tripped over their own feet. Sometimes the bravest of them would attempt to talk to her, and their boastful pride was enough to make Temura feel embarassed for them.

Naturally, she soon gravitated back to the K'elds. But wars had begun to spring up between Drakel, Human and Elf factions.

Temura found sanctuary with the caring Pra'Mithia, queen of K'eld Alorin. She knew the Ge'Thraks of K'eld Ner, where Temura grew up, and held their same philosophy: Becoming
friends with Humans, Elves, and even Orcs, Vampires and Werewolves of Lore would be the key to surviving the Devourer's return.

And return he did... first Agents of his Network, and then the full force of the Network. Lore became engulfed in war for over a year. During all of this time, while
heroic warriors, wizards, rogues, and all manner of creatures fought back, Temura grew into Queen Pra'Mithia's right-hand woman, studying the new alien technologies brought
to Lore by the Network, learning better ways to fight them, and planning-- planning for a way to extend the defense of Lore far beyond our world's verdant forests and azure
skies...

The story of Temura Ge'Thrak continues in WarpForce, July 2009!

< Message edited by Galanoth -- 6/13/2009 1:03:07 >
Post #: 1
6/1/2009 9:53:48   
Kuld

One question; will Z-Tokens be used as secondary currency in Warpforce too, or will the reward be given to ones AQ character? Because if I managed to win, I would actually prefer Nova Gems for my Mechquest character over Z-Tokens for my AQ character.

Sounds like an interesting contest, in any case, I'll see if I can write up something, though I doubt I'll do all that well. Good luck everyone!

< Message edited by Kuld -- 6/1/2009 10:19:41 >
MQ  Post #: 2
6/1/2009 10:20:49   
mordle

Wow. Good luck to everyone who participates!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
6/1/2009 10:36:42   
Nex del Vida

...Agh! First place is so awesome, but I have no musical talent whatsoever. I'ma try to write up some lyrics, since I can't sing/compose, but I know there are some very talented musicians here so there's really no chance that I can win. But come on... the chance to have myself as an NPC in WF is just TOO good to be true.

This will be edited with lyrics later, if I don't utterly fail in writing them.

EDIT: Is it okay if I write up lyrics and music to them and then get someone else to sing them? I figure if it's my work then it being someone else's voice isn't a problem.

EDIT2: Lyrics here. If my partner responds today before it's closed, I will further edit this.

It doesn't have a title beyond "Temura's Legacy," which isn't great.

Drakel?
Human?
Who am I?
Born in a city
Glass for the sky.

Temura left home
Knowing not who she was
Behind her, the dome
Ahead were the stars.

Pagan
Savage
Others were,
What she had been told
Of the workings of the world.

Cultures
People
Not all violent
Some as civilized
As her brethren.

Teachings,
Lessons,
All disproven,
What she had learned
Had all been unwoven.

Humans were master
The Drakels a mystery
Not chemists but warriors,
No teachers of history.

Unknown
Foreign
All their customs
Temura returned
To the Drakel kingdoms.

Warring
Violence
Constant killing
To accept Temura
The K’elds were not willing.

Pra’Mithia, ruler
Of K’eld Alorin
Began caring for her
And so took her in.

Devourer
The’Galin
Returned to Lore
Unity the only way
The world to restore.

While the world warred
Temura did study
The Network's hoard
Of advanced technology.

Concepts
Ideas
One was embraced
Lore must defend itself
Even in space.

Plans were constructed,
Blueprints conceived
Many enacted
A few achieved.

Now this story is yours
I hope you’ll comply
We are the WarpForce
It begins in July!

If we win first or second place, BrantePyrus and I will be willing to record this.
Thanks!

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 6/12/2009 15:47:55 >
AQ  Post #: 4
6/1/2009 10:49:43   
//.Shadow.\\

I dont do music but ill look into this one ;)

Edit: What format?

< Message edited by //.Shadow.\\ -- 6/1/2009 10:50:20 >

MY FIRST Avatar went live :) The tree <-
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
6/1/2009 10:56:09   
BrantePyrus

I'm entering. Can I use this post and edit in a link to it once I'm done?
This should be quite nice...
Good luck, all.

And Nex and I are teaming up. Unclear exactly how, but he's got tune, I've got production and singing. XP Good luck, everyone else- You're gonna need it!

< Message edited by BrantePyrus -- 6/1/2009 11:24:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/1/2009 11:00:12   
Galanoth

If you can't sing or compose or record music -- Don't worry, you can also just submit written lyrics.

You can team up as well: One of you can write, another record music, and yet another can sing. If your entry wins, then all members of the team win.
Post #: 7
6/1/2009 11:07:14   
Dracelix

would a collaboration be possible? such as a signer/lyricist, and a digital musician, so the song would have music and vocals?
(with an overall agreement of who gets the character and who gets the tokens?)

is there any general themes that would fit the style warpforce will be like (slow and mystic or possible more futuristic like up-beat?)
and if it would be loop-able, then should is be slightly shorter than an average song?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
6/1/2009 11:13:04   
moneybags
More than a Game

I won't be participating, but good luck to everyone who will! By the way, great idea for a contest!
Epic  Post #: 9
6/1/2009 11:32:10   
megakyle777

Galanoth, I have a question. If three people team up to sing, write, and play the song, and they are winners, who becomes the NPC?

Also, great idea for a contest.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 6/1/2009 11:33:08 >
DF  Post #: 10
6/1/2009 11:55:37   
Beowulf Z

I'd probably sing for something like this, or play guitar but unfortunately I have no recording equipment/software. Lyrics would have to do it seems..

Here goes..

Lyrics:

A roof coated with white marshmellows,
Risen earth, anchored to ground?
Galiant humanoids take home in nests on the floor,
with hair flowing like mine.

I crawl from under my rock,
My home, the K'eld
Scuttling with faces and skin unlike my own
Will these Humans, Monkey with No Tail
Take me with open arms, take me home?

I trot far from my majesty,
Slither past blaster, laborotory and machine...
To march on hairy earth, to dance with the heat ray in fabled sky

Under the eye of the Devourer,
Glimpsing fellow Man, Moglin, Cat and Canine
I breathe their air, I taste their alien cuisine
But their culture, way of life and survival
Baffles me.

The Orc with his 'Honor' and 'muscles'
Moglin with his 'Peace' and 'sticks'
The elves with the 'Magic' and 'bows'
Even my fellow women, so unlike me...

In time I withdraw..
In confusion I wimper..
Under my rock, the K'eld,
Where I, Temura, would limper

One day however, to return,
With her familiar majesty teaching me
Her name christened Pra'mithia
Against a God with blood of Hero and Villain,
To unify with the blood of the God
This world shalt be.

--

What do you think?

< Message edited by Beowulf Z -- 6/1/2009 12:03:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
6/1/2009 11:59:22   
Galanoth

@megakyle777: Each member of the team (up to 3) can choose one area of the Alteon where they'll have their NPC placed.
Post #: 12
6/1/2009 12:06:04   
Galanoth

@Dracelix: Loopable doesn't necessarily mean longer or shorter -- the only real guideline here is to try and keep it under 8 MB for usability ingame. Submitting something bigger than that doesn't mean you can't win -- if what you submit if awesome I don't care if it's 15 or 20 MB, you still have a chance to win. It just makes it tougher to use ingame because of the big filesize.

There is no specific style of song we're looking for: it can be slower or faster, more emotional or more "action" oriented.
Post #: 13
6/1/2009 12:07:28   
megakyle777

Ok. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Anyway, good luck evryone who oarticipates!
DF  Post #: 14
6/1/2009 12:19:34   
Master Merlin

I see dark eyes in the sky
by Merlinthewizard

Finally, I found myself
Away from home, away from shelter
Chaos all around me
Nowhere left to turn

A stranger in my own kind
I realized too late
Even as I travel back home…

The ‘Galin has come
His army arrives
Horror and madness
Rule over our lives

The kingdoms burn
The people mourn
"Is there no hope in the dark?"

Now my race is dying
My friends all gone
Where to go now?
Nowhere left to turn

Finally I follow back home
Reunited with my kin
But even as I settle back home…

The ‘Galin has come
His army arrives
Horror and madness
Rule over our lives

The kingdoms burn
The people mourn

Our only hope is unity,
Human, Dwarf, and Elvenkind
But for the stubborn races
There’s nowhere left to turn

"I shall fight him!
I shall not fail!"

But even as I work all day and night…

The ‘Galin has come
His army arrives
Horror and madness
Rule over our lives

The kingdom's burn
The people mourn
(I see dark eyes...in the sky...)

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
6/1/2009 12:24:58   
Elaith

If we are to participate, would you like a copy of the score and the mixdown files also?

Edit: The mixdown files would be in Pro Tools LE 8 in this case, with the score in Finale.

< Message edited by Sonic12040 -- 6/1/2009 12:32:15 >
AQ DF  Post #: 16
6/1/2009 12:38:19   
flanch

If we participate and sing can we have all 3 of us sing like in a Chorus.

< Message edited by flanch -- 6/1/2009 12:43:01 >
AQ  Post #: 17
6/1/2009 13:12:49   
DoubleS

I'll write lyrics but I need someone to sing. Anyone wana parner up with me?
AQ DF  Post #: 18
6/1/2009 13:30:47   
aNyThInG

We need a seperate discussion thread...
AQ DF  Post #: 19
6/1/2009 13:31:08   
Master Merlin

Same as DoubleS, on the off chance that anyone's avalable.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
6/1/2009 13:38:24   
badriser

Hello to all.
I think the idea for this contest is great but...

8MB is a very small file for a song in *.wav format, this if we want to have minimal quality in our production.
I think it gives us less than a minute song, since a minute song would be around 10MB, 2 minutes around 20MB and so on.
I think the duration of the song is what should have been limited and not the space.
example: the song must not be longer than 3 minutes.
sure it´s to be used in the game as a loop and so less than a minute is actually perfect for that but not for a song.

To finish.

Why can´t we submit it in *.mp3
the file would be much smaller and easier to upload

Thanks for your time and good luck to all contestants.

sorry for bad english
Post #: 21
6/1/2009 13:52:36   
Dragon Elite X

Anyone know any music producing sites.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/1/2009 13:56:02   
DoubleS

This may sound stupid but how do we record ourselves singing? Like what would you use?
AQ DF  Post #: 23
6/1/2009 14:00:22   
Ejayrazz

How long should the song be?
Post #: 24
6/1/2009 14:26:32   
Stelarinna

quote:

This may sound stupid but how do we record ourselves singing? Like what would you use?
There's a partial list of digital-audio editors on Wikipedia. Most (if not all) of them allow you to record, so long as you have a microphone. I'm sure you can find *something* that'll do the job :)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Temura's Song contest! Submissions
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition