Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Temura's Song contest! Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Temura's Song contest! Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/9/2009 15:34:15   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Hurray! I got my song recorded! :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/110813172/6c3f2d22/warpforce_song.html
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
6/9/2009 18:25:08   
Minar

I don't plan on joining this one. One, because I just found out about it today and don't feel that's enough time to make it.(Poke me next time a contest pops up. Srsly.) And two, because I'm a very good composer. [EDIT] I meant bad. I promise. DX Bad typo. Lol.
So, good luck everyone. :) I'm looking forward to seeing who wins.

But....
quote:

This contest is just for music and lyrics -- but we have another contest coming up right after this one is over. Stay tuned!
(Quote Galanoth)
I'm looking forward to whatever this one is. >:B

< Message edited by Minar -- 6/13/2009 17:37:34 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 52
6/10/2009 5:25:01   
Crimzon5

Nice Lyrics pie. If there are gonna be honorable mentions, you'd get best humor for sure!*

*Unless you win, and the winner cant be an honorable mention
AQ DF  Post #: 53
6/10/2009 7:04:15   
Zykan

Does anyone want to join up? I can only rap...And I do not know how much it's accepted. I can rap to nearly anything, as long as I have the lyrics and tune to it.

~Zykan~
Post #: 54
6/10/2009 13:50:57   
Poetic Melody

I submitted, I hope I can win with just lyrics.
DF  Post #: 55
6/11/2009 0:56:30   
Rosett

Only a day or so, until the contest closes. From what I've seen so far, I might have a chance. Anyways good luck to everyone.
Post #: 56
6/11/2009 2:09:37   
chugg

Does anyone know if my song is less than 3 MB will it be disqualified?

He says to keep it between 3-8 MB
and 1-3 minutes time wise.

My song is 2:25
and it is 2.2 MB in size.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
6/11/2009 3:32:12   
Crimzon5

Usability (if its 3-8 MB) is only 10% of the criteria. Besides, that 10% will only determine if your song is usable in the game or not.
AQ DF  Post #: 58
6/11/2009 8:41:40   
chugg

ok cool thanks
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
6/11/2009 11:08:15   
OnuaNuva

I don't see how a small filesize would be a problem.

I still would like someone to test out this recording to see if it worked: http://uploading.com/files/J3GPAUC3/WF_2.mp3.html
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
6/11/2009 11:13:05   
  Ultrapowerpie

@Chugg- You might be disqualified because you didn't submit any lyrics, as that's sorta what the contest centers around. It's a really catchy tune, but without lyrics, you probably won't make it :/

< Message edited by Ultrapowerpie -- 6/11/2009 11:14:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
6/11/2009 12:38:34   
Lkeas

I really like Chugg's song too! Maybe there should be a category for instrumental music - since you're allowed to submit lyrics with no music, why not music with no lyrics? His song captures that "spacey" feel, which I think is suited for Warpforce.

What time on Friday does the contest end?
AQ DF  Post #: 62
6/11/2009 15:58:49   
Bedford

I just found out about the contest yesterday so last night I spent writing then today I recorded my submission lol I don't know what compelled me to even jump on the forums (I joined the forums yesterday) but I'm glad I did I had a bit of a "writers block" and this may have helped cure that! lol It was fun to write a song geared towards this game
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 63
6/11/2009 22:25:28   
crazy dude

when will the contest end
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
6/11/2009 23:43:21   
Skyline
Battle On!

I'm uploading my instrumental entry. OMG!!!! if it ends at midnight server time, I only have 15 minutes!!!

EDIT: http://www.4shared.com/file/111316410/29ce2226/My_Entry.html Done! Check it out. Hope you guys like it. It's kinda soft, so turn your volume Up

< Message edited by SkylineGtr -- 6/12/2009 17:59:53 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/12/2009 0:10:07   
Nex del Vida

Um, so, what time will this end? If it ends at midnight, then I have negative eight minutes to post. If it ends at 11:59 tomorrow night (technically tonight, I guess) then it's a whole different story... I am waiting on my partner in this endeavor and I'd hate to miss out on a chance at a prize because he sleeps at normal hours. :P
AQ  Post #: 66
6/12/2009 1:16:24   
Crimzon5

Man, it's a shame most high-potential entries had no lyrics. Hmm... might do good for soundtracks!
AQ DF  Post #: 67
6/13/2009 16:14:12   
EragonZZZZ

quote:

You might be disqualified because you didn't submit any lyrics, as that's sorta what the contest centers around

quote:

Contest: Create one of, or a combination of, the following: Original written and/or recorded song lyrics, original recorded music.

*ahem*

I think non-vocalists are safe :]

< Message edited by EragonZZZZ -- 6/13/2009 16:15:17 >
AQ  Post #: 68
6/13/2009 16:35:20   
  Ultrapowerpie

I don't think that they're safe unless Gal himself confirms that. The point of the contest was to tell the story of Temura, and no lyrics doesn't quite say a story without people coming to the forums and read it. For all we know, that last bit just means that he doesn't want us using anything that's already been used. :/

Also, the "ahem" wasn't really necessary :/

< Message edited by Ultrapowerpie -- 6/13/2009 16:45:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
6/13/2009 17:25:27   
badriser

Hi

There is no problem in not adding lyrics. Says so in the rules.

quote:

Contest: Create one of, or a combination of, the following: Original written and/or recorded song lyrics, original recorded music.

We just have to do one of the above: Original recorded music is one of the above.
I rest my case.
Post #: 70
6/13/2009 17:54:44   
Nex del Vida

Fine, it may not be disallowed, but adherence to Temura's story still counts for 20% of your grade. If you don't adhere to the story at all, then your chances plummet.
AQ  Post #: 71
6/13/2009 19:11:26   
chugg

quote:

*phew* I am glad I'm safe on that one

@Lkeas Thanks I'm glad my song is liked.

I would of added lyrics to my song, however, I can't sing worth a dime.
I am also no writer, however creating music I love doing.

Edit: I also think even though it does not have lyrics, does not mean it does not: adherence to the theme of Temura's Story

It does but in it's own way. (This being my opinion though)

< Message edited by chugg -- 6/13/2009 19:23:17 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
6/13/2009 19:23:24   
  Ultrapowerpie

@badriser- No offense, but your "case" was already argued by Eragon, so really you were just repeating what he was saying... Actually EXACTLY repeating what he was saying, not making a new case, so all it's "rested" on was Eragon's post, not your own. And also please note that I DID say in my original statement "might" as I was not sure.

*shrugs* I talked it out with a few AKs, they also agree with Eragon, so I'll agree as well. Whatever, there's no point in arguing about it anyways since the contest is already over with and they'll announce it Teusday. Good luck to all! :)

< Message edited by Ultrapowerpie -- 6/13/2009 19:54:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
6/13/2009 19:36:41   
Skyline
Battle On!

lol, I can't really sing. Can only make up music on the piano... My chance is very little.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
6/13/2009 19:40:27   
  Ultrapowerpie

You'll do fine Skyline. A lot of people did great with their songs/lyrics/instrumental pieces. :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Temura's Song contest! Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition