Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= A Mystery Continues

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= A Mystery Continues
Page 1 of 2312345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2009 12:04:37   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Continued Mystery Thread
Post #: 1
6/4/2009 12:41:18   
THE WORST DAY EVER

how do u do this
DF  Post #: 2
6/4/2009 12:41:18   
Kuld

Okay, collected what we have this far(at the point of posting this post) for this puzzle, and the sub-puzzles related to it:

Number 1
quote:

ORIGINAL: Falerin

[In Character]
While searching through information about the coming of the WarpForce, and by consequence the activities of the network, I happened upon this curious scrap of paper tucked away in my library. It is likely of no relevance, but in the off chance it contains anything worth noting. I am forwarding it to you.

Falerin.

[/In Character]

Paper is a grid of letters that looks like this link.

Excel file containing what we've discovered this far.

Picture of our progress.

Words discovered:
Vandar
Madder
Amada
Warp
Pra'mithia
Haden
Virin
K'eld
Xilar
Celestia
Naab
Exo
Alorin
V'eld
Warpforce

Number 2

quote:

[In Character]
While you are working on that here is a second grid. From what I can see this one has been corrupted by a list of random lorian people, lorian places, terran places, foods, and a number of other irrelevant minutae. I should know better then allow that yellow moglin to deliver messages to me. Find what you can and eliminate those things that seem to fit the pattern I mentioned. What remains might be significant. Of course there is a risk that there is crossover of actual importance here as well. Lorian places might be relevant or irrelevant. Likewise the names of known important Lorians. Still we do what we can.

[/In Character]

Grid is as follows.

quote:

[18:51] <Falerin> The second puzzle is interesting. You might want to eliminate all known contractions too
[18:51] <Falerin> There seem to be a good many of them
[18:51] <Falerin> and they do not appear pertinent
[18:52] <Falerin> whereas drakel names for things often contain apostrophes as well.
[18:52] <Falerin> Oh and the last thing is that points of commonality are highly relevant
[18:52] <Falerin> These papers originate from the same source initially
[18:53] <Falerin> so what nexus of similiarity there exists should be considered
[18:53] <Falerin> But of course I have told you nothing
[18:53] <Falerin> I did not already say on the forums

The list of words found this far, courtesy of Dragonnightwolf: (Still being worked on)
l-r
many
van
nat
pat
at
son
eat
isn't
nano
hee
vow
tan
gal
ten
battleon
hot
add
he
liar
rash
shan't
zan
so
torea?
retoid?
who
dares
nescafe
lie
raisin
yera?
lea
now
it
han
zoo
mort
ape
red
aw
imps
son

U/d stuff

don't
taz
rag
tin
as
rat
diviara
pea
tan
get
not
nap
cant(without apostrophe)
ran
hasn't
lord
hue
hee
see
toe
no
rot
aw
at
he
aps(appears up down and left right)

cabbage
avacado
non
goon
rib
dim
goieln
grapes
ban
virin
blot
at
taz
tomatos
boo
big
hee
rutabegas
ant
sushi
lot
Twilly
Mae
cosmos
gem
should
oil
god
arc
name
put
dial
hag
bot
man
point
pin
pyson
han
ted
zed
net
his
tow
son
lil
rose
rows
ion
Devourer
orb
so
rub
on

quote:

[In Character]
Now here is a curious thing. According to my analysis these two parchments originate in the same place. Curious.

[/In Character]

quote:

Those are similarities not commonalities sir. Try again.

quote:

[17:19] <swenson> So when you said "commonality"... did you mean in letters between the two? *tests temperature*
[17:19] <Falerin> The question is presuposed on a false dichotomy
[17:20] <Insanity_Incarnated> So everything we've done so far is leading us nowhere. Great.
[17:20] <Falerin> Warmer... but not quite warm enough
[17:20] <Falerin> Try words
[17:20] <Falerin> Whole words
[17:20] <Falerin> Thank You
[17:20] <Falerin> Come again

Number 3
quote:

[In Character] ORIGINAL: Falerin
When it rains it pours.

I have gained some information about the leader of a race of beings known as the Virin, or alternatively the Viren, apparently both spellings are used depending on the dialect of the speaker, these creatures are apparently servitors of the network and it if what rumor I hear is true it is fortunate for lore they were not encountered among the forces of the networks here on Lore. Diviara sent along this message to me with from a former friend in the network whom he still trusts to be on our side. It is apparently one that originates among the Virin's leadership. Diviara was able to provide me with the only the following. The encryption seems to be a polyalphabetic cipher. I am inclined to consider it the the work of Bellaso and Diviara agrees. Almost assuredly the key is the name of the Virin leader. With these two pieces of information the message can be decoded. Beware irrelevancies as they may distract here.
[/In Character]

Cipher is as follows:

DIW FLRA GPBD WBSAW MGKM D KPNP BURUZN XIRI UYGLQ PA F UBBD ZB

Number 4
quote:

ORIGINAL: damselindigital

Good day, Cryptonauts.

I have received a particular message from Falerin, which I feel is likely wise to share with you.

quote:

Shayril,
Please forward this message unto those seeking to solve the most recent puzzle. I am afraid my transcription system remains nonfunctional. Worse my black ink chamber is running low and the resultant image has been rendered using the color tank. The computer assures me it is a monoalphabetic substitution not that I can see how.
-The LoreMaster

What then followed was this particular attachment. I can make neither heads nor tails of it, but I do have a sense that deciphering it might aid you with the three.

Good luck to you all.

~Shayril Staton

Black and white version, courtest of ArchMagus Orodalf.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Truth Seeker

A monosubstitution does not have to replace letters with other letters. It can replace them with numbers.

2 1 7 might be a straight forward substitution for Bag for instance.

It can also replace it with characters.

   .

Could be a substtution for

The Hills have Eyes.

quote:

MY FINAL CLUE:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/R9fkh_7TKMlnB-okAVdAJg?feat=directlink

And my generosity is quite used up for this entire effort now.

Found an example of the Q in question here.

quote:

[20:27] Falerin: Some persons have no stamina
[20:28] Damsel: Indeed not
[20:28] Dragonnightwolf: hello falerin.
[20:28] Falerin: Good e'en Dragonnightwolf
[20:29] Dragonnightwolf: what can we do for you my lord?
[20:30] Falerin: It is not so much what you can do for me but what I can do for you
[20:31] Falerin: Which is at this point to slap into you some sense. Shayril's grid is what it says it is. A simple substitution cipher. You are grossly overthinking it.

Number 5
quote:

[In Character]

This morning I was ranting to a friend. This message was intercepted at the time.

[/In Character]

RQDSSDK EN RDQTSBHO MDCCHG SNM RH SH. MNHSHTSHSRATRNMNL Z RH DKYYTO DGS, DLHS GSCDQCMTG DGS QNE. QDSSDK Z QNE MNHSTSHSRATR BHGOZQFNSOXQB Z RZ CHQF 3W3 GBZD FMHQDCHRMNB RH FMHNC DA CZDSRMH CKTNGR XDGS SZGV. QNUZDCMD RKNNE Z RH RHGS. RDKHS DGS MH RQDSSDK EN RDQTSBHO KZQDSHK QNE JNNK NS FMHXQS DQZ XDGS.

Okay, let's go then!

< Message edited by Kuld -- 6/4/2009 13:41:11 >
MQ  Post #: 3
6/4/2009 13:16:11   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

For the love of god people you have me turned on my head upside down, and backwards. So much so that Julius Caesar could make no sense of my most recent message even though it is his cipher I used.

Also the rubix cube font thing is irrelevant. You are wholly missing the point.

< Message edited by Falerin -- 6/4/2009 13:17:27 >
Post #: 4
6/4/2009 13:22:03   
Nex del Vida

Last one solved. Mostly by Burn, so he'll post.
AQ  Post #: 5
6/4/2009 13:22:56   
Burn
Burnt!

Using the Caeser Cipher off of Z.

quote:

SRETTEL FO SERUTCIP NEDDIH TON SI TI. NOITIUTITSBUSONOM A SI ELZZUP EHT, EMIT HTDERDNUH EHT ROF. RETTEL A ROF NOITUTITSBUS CIHPARGOTPYRC A SA DIRG 3X3 HCAE GNIREDISNOC SI GNIOD EB DAETSNI DLUOHS YEHT TAHW. ROVAEDNE SLOOF A SI SIHT. SELIT EHT NI SRETTEL FO SERUTCIP LARETIL ROF KOOL OT GNIYRT ERA YEHT.

Then simply run it backwards.

quote:

THEY ARE TRYING TO LOOK FOR LITERAL PICTURES OF LETTERS IN THE TILES.THIS IS A FOOLS ENDEAVOR. WHAT THEY SHOULD INSTEAD BE DOING IS CONSIDERING EACH 3X3 GRID AS A CRYPTOGRAPHIC SUBSTITUTION FOR A LETTER. FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, THE PUZZLE IS A MONOSUBSTITUTION. iT IS NOT HIDDEN PICTURES OF LETTERS.

< Message edited by Burn -- 6/4/2009 13:30:56 >
Post #: 6
6/4/2009 13:35:39   
Nex del Vida

And in response to that, here is what we need to be analyzing.

Puzzle
AQ  Post #: 7
6/4/2009 13:39:45   
Kuld

@Burn:
Also, 25 letters shifted right. I know you know, but you didn't mention it. :P

Black and white version with straighter lines.
MQ  Post #: 8
6/4/2009 13:48:56   
Loopfly

Wasnt WF supposed to be released yesterday?

AQ MQ  Post #: 9
6/4/2009 13:50:14   
Silverdragon

Ok so in the grid, each 3x3 square is a letter.
9 squares, and each square can be either white or black (I believe).
I took the file Falerien sent via Damsel, and seperated it into 3 by 3 squares link
Argg you beat me to it. Oh well
Now I'll give each square a ramdom letter, starting with A, them B and so on. Then we'll just have to find what each square really means.
give me a sec

< Message edited by Silverdragon -- 6/4/2009 13:59:27 >
AQ DF  Post #: 10
6/4/2009 13:50:15   
Nex del Vida

*sigh* No.

Warp Force will be released July third. Not June third. July third. We have one month minus one day until it comes out.
AQ  Post #: 11
6/4/2009 14:00:40   
Denolth
Sailing

Good work finding it, Burn! I'll try to solve the almost impossible puzzle. Tough, don't forget we still need to solve 2 puzzles: the message that the leader's name is the key, which we need the word search ones, and the 3x3 square one.

< Message edited by Dudu Master -- 6/4/2009 14:01:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/4/2009 14:08:37   
Silverdragon

Ok got it.
I have
ABCDCEFGEHIDCEFJEKIHHIJELCAMCCJEABCENOPPRCGEABSJESETDFUVEWCXEFJEIJEFAV
Give me a second and I'll upload the picture with letters.
There please check to see if I didn't do any mistakes (I double checked, but just to be sure)
Letter count
A-5
B-3 (and it always appears after A)
C-10
D-3
E- 14
F-5
G-2
H-3
I got to go sorry. Hope this helps

< Message edited by Silverdragon -- 6/4/2009 14:18:10 >
AQ DF  Post #: 13
6/4/2009 14:14:10   
Denolth
Sailing

!

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but in the black and white puzzle, that one of the 3x3 squares, Fallerin's hint was the letter Q. Counting on the alphabet, Q is letter 17. Now, count how many squares that image has (the Q one). 9, huh? Obvious. Now, count up to down, left to right. Get the number the black/colored squares represent. 4, 5 and 8. 4+5=9. 9+8=17! It can be a coincidence, but come on xD By the way, I tried doing this on the main image, but it didn't work.

Dudu
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/4/2009 14:16:13   
Kuld

@Silverdragon:
Wait, why did you insert those letters there? :P
MQ  Post #: 15
6/4/2009 14:20:26   
goron link8

Is it posible this could have some thing to do with a sudoku

< Message edited by goron link8 -- 6/4/2009 14:21:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
6/4/2009 14:29:08   
Silverdragon

Quote from what Burn found
quote:

EACH 3X3 GRID AS A CRYPTOGRAPHIC SUBSTITUTION FOR A LETTER

I named each square after a letter, for example, the square with only the middle square colored is V. So every time I see this square I add a V. So instead of a picture to letter code, we have a letter to letter code.
AQ DF  Post #: 17
6/4/2009 14:56:24   
general greivous

Link

Good idea Silverdragon!
I used his code there, transforming the symbols into letters. Let's work from there
AQ  Post #: 18
6/4/2009 15:43:42   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

this is completely off the topic, but if you spell eldron and falerin's names backwards it looks like this.

nirelaF and nordlE heh. okay back on topic. For those of you who read about my involvement for the rubix cipher? I applogize, I was clearly mistaken in the method I thought might work to help-de-scramble a message but somehow I believe along the lines, (since at the time, nick and clyde had gone to bed and I was all by myself to try to figure things out) I tried the rubix method. Which as Falerin politely pointed out. Is the Incorrect method. so for those of you whom spent time using that method, I applogize to you sincerely.

Thank you.

Dragonnightwolf.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/4/2009 15:57:24   
Randomnity

@Nex del Vida: The Time-Travel Fairy's got to him.
AQ  Post #: 20
6/4/2009 16:05:41   
Kuld

Possible notes of interest:
Viren is the German word for virus
Viren is the Latin word for: force, power, strength, might, influence

We probably won't get any use for it, but oh well.
MQ  Post #: 21
6/4/2009 16:21:59   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

As a matter of fact, the latin word for force, power, etc. is "vis". I don't think it is declined as "viren" in any case (closest are the plurals of vocative and accusative, "vires"), but I may be wrong, my latin is extremely rusty.

(This has reminded me of Life of Brian) :-p

< Message edited by Traveler -- 6/4/2009 16:23:11 >
AQ  Post #: 22
6/4/2009 16:29:48   
Gundisalvus

It's the third form plural future subjunctive of ver and the third-person plural personal infinitive of vir , which mean "to see" and "to come" respectively. But that's in Galician, and probably irrelevant.

< Message edited by Gundisalvus -- 6/4/2009 16:47:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
6/4/2009 16:31:20   
Kairon

Well, I've found this on Wikipedia, but the pic doesn't seem to fit exactly to the provided image.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
6/4/2009 16:56:16   
kirbymaster2

Letter count for the colored grid, using the one posted by general greivous
A 5
B 3
C 9
D 3
E 14
F 5
G 2
H 3
I 4
J 6
K 1
L 1
M 1
N 1
O 1
P 2
Q 0
R 1
S 2
T 1
U 1
V 2
W 1
Y 0
Z 0

*Thanks to Treadlight for correcting me

Not sure it's usefull though, since the letter Q Falerin gave us appears nowhere if we cut it by 3x3 like that

< Message edited by kirbymaster2 -- 6/4/2009 17:10:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= A Mystery Continues
Page 1 of 2312345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition