Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 43 - Mr. and Mrs. Monster (Personater)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 43 - Mr. and Mrs. Monster (Personater)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2009 15:11:05   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Mr. and Mrs. Monster
A day in the life...
By Personater

Author's Note: This is a tribute to the unseen aspect of the AE world - a slice into the daily struggles and events in the lives of a monster family! Love, concern, even epic tales of fighting heroes are a part of monster life too!

Boxed Breakfast - knockouts not included!

This follows a simple breakfast in a Sneevil family - a young Sneevil Snr'k and his mother somewhere outside of the Treefort.

Sunlight streamed into the home, flooding it with bright light. The house was that of a packrat - boxes strewn everywhere, some with items inside and others cluttering the floor, emptied earlier in the week after moving from the Treefort.

"Dis seereal iz gude. But lookie, iz all emptie!!" Snr'k picked up the box and shoved it over his head. "Muhh ghrulp mahh ahh" emanated from the box.

"U get dat box off ur hed! U wil suffocate!" Snr'k's mother rushed and pulled the box off of his head and threw it in the corner with about fifteen other cereal boxes.

Snr'k, of course, could care less, as he was, like all Sneevils, morbidly fascinated with boxes. Within half a minute, he had managed to empty the remainder of the milk carton lying on the table. As he started to unfold it, his mother rushed into the room.

"U still try too put dat on ur hed? Gee, dat not gud idea!" She snatched the carton away and threw it in the corner with the rest of the empty cereal boxes. "U ned too stop dis sillie stuff."

Snr'k spoke softly, "Boxez r fun, tho."

"I undrstand. U no, u ned too be mor carful."

"I lov u, mommie."

"I lov u too."

"Awe"ful Afternoon - Quality Time is Hard to Find

"Shhh... my Dad doesn't know I am out here!" The young Guardian Dragon whispered to the Guardian, facing the imposing Akriloth, the legendary fire dragon. "Dad's helping some other Guardian right now, so I snuck out! One day I'll be as big and strong as my dad!"

The Guardian groaned. Covering his head with his hand, he moaned. "Just attack already!"

The small Guardian Dragon took a deep breath, filling his mouth with dense, concentrated lava, absorbing Akriloth's power to charge his attack. He released his attack, hitting his mark strong and true.

"Foolish dragon. You are weak from your servitude towards humanity!" Akriloth roared, healed by the attack.

"Well... uh... that was just a practice round! Dad!" Junior called, running away.

Akriloth started a ceaseless onslaught of incendiary attacks against the Guardian, laughing during his relentless counterattack. Then, a voice from behind the Guardian was heard, and the Guardian immediately was relieved.

"I need to teach YOU to do this so you won't have to summon me." A large dragon sighed and then looked at the Guardian. "You know, before you Guardians started summoning me, I used to have a social life."

"JUST ATTACK IT ALREADY!" the impatient Guardian shouted.

"You could at least buy me dinner first. I feel so used," retorted the Guardian Dragon, directly attacking Akriloth.

"Sorry, Dad, I didn't mean to..."

"Son, you have not yet learned how to use your powers to harm enemies always. Yes, sometimes you can pass away on attacking with the same energy absorbed from other monsters, but in this case, it did not work! Of course, I can help you, but--"

A glowing rune in the air rudely interrupted him in his sentence. "Great, another Guardian wants my help. I really wish, for one day, I could spend more time with you, but it seems to be impossible."

"Can I at least watch you? It may help me understand what I am doing wrong!"

"Of course, son, and if you are good, perhaps we can fly out for dinner tonight."

Legends and Lore - Bedtime Stories

"It was a dark and stormy night--"

"We've heard that story before mom!" the chorus of young Zards cried out.

"Patience, this story is different! Just listen! It was a dark and stormy night, and for your father and I, it was the very night we met each other!

"I was hungry so I went out looking for something to eat. The path in front of me was dark, littered with creepy trees that looked like they would grab you if you didn't pay attention. Walking through, any Zard would have the feeling that something was watching them. Anyways, on my way I went, searching for something edible."

"Finally, I found what I was looking for! Overjoyed by finding the food, I was not attentive to the area around me. When I finished eating and got up to head back, I saw a human in front of me!"

The young Zards gasped. "A human!? And you're still alive!"

"I was very lucky, more so than you realize. The human pulled out a wicked steel blade and started charging at me! Normally, I'd be running for my life, but I was paralyzed in fear!"

"Mommy, what happened?" they curiously asked her.

"Well, right before he hit me, his feet suddenly froze - right to the ground! He tripped and fell over! I looked around and saw another Zard standing in front of me!

"'Are you alright?' he said, 'You're pretty lucky!'"

"'I'm just shaken - WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU!'"

"The human had smashed the ice and was charging at my rescuer! He dashed around the sword, jumped on the human, and started breathing frozen ice on him! The human must not have been expecting this, as he ran away as soon as he could! And now, the very Zard that saved my life is now my husband!"

"Now - it's late, time for you to go and get some sleep."

"Awwww, can't we hear another story?"

"No, time to go to sleep. Perhaps I will tell you another story tomorrow."

"But the stories are so short!"

"Perhaps if you get your work done quickly tomorrow, you can hear a longer one."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/5/2009 10:21:47   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

I had no idea that monsters were capable of love. ;-; I can almost feel sorry for them...
Almost. Right, where's my beefaxe? I've got some Frogzards to hack.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 43 - Mr. and Mrs. Monster (Personater)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition