Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Taken: A Series of Poetry- Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Taken: A Series of Poetry- Comments
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/7/2009 13:35:36   
Sir Dorigo III

I won't fill this post unnecessarily.
The poems are located here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16115948

Please post your thoughts and how I could improve

< Message edited by Sir Dorigo III -- 6/7/2009 15:17:48 >
DF  Post #: 1
6/7/2009 13:41:24   
not steve

The thread isn't working right now i must assume as there is no poetry on it XD but good luck with your gallery, i wish you all the best.
AQ DF  Post #: 2
6/7/2009 14:02:19   
Sir Dorigo III

Sorry, its back now... Fixed that problem
DF  Post #: 3
6/7/2009 14:20:08   
not steve

it's all very good and meaningful stuff but i am having a hard time finding, the rhyme scheme. some of the rhymes are very lose so maybe i am missing a few. or was it not meant to rhyme?
AQ DF  Post #: 4
6/7/2009 14:24:19   
Sir Dorigo III

It wasn't meant to rhyme. I'm amazed you found any whatsoever. I wrote it in verse form, and I thought the words flowed, and I prefer my poems not to rhyme. They're less structured that way, and that's how I feel my message comes across best.
DF  Post #: 5
6/7/2009 15:34:59   
Helixi

Oh joy, I 'll enjoy dissecting these.
{1}
quote:

Would you mend the broken hearts,
Or would you leave him to his pain?

keep it plural or singular. don't change it around, it confuses the reader.

quote:

If your last day was arrived,
And if you'd broken hearts of all,

Remove "Was." I recommend changing the second line to "And if you'd broken the hearts of all,".

{2} Nice. No further comments to add to this.

{3}
quote:

I really do feel,
That her flawless face,
Her light brown hair,
And the fact that ne'er
Shall you find her
Without a smile across her face

....lolwhut? This stanza doesn't make sense, even when read aloud.
{4} The above stanza is edited to make more sense. Both are very good poems though n_n

{5}I suggest calling this poem "Hidden Truths."

Overall, good poems. I like all of them, but the last one was the best, at least for me.

< Message edited by Helixi -- 1/8/2012 11:41:54 >
AQ DF  Post #: 6
6/7/2009 16:21:49   
Sir Dorigo III

i agree with what you said about {3}, that was one of the reasons I revised it to begin with..

Thanks Helix!! ill get to work on fixing what you said ...and i agree. like i said in the authors notes, the last 1 is my favorite too.

suggested revisions complete

:D

< Message edited by Sir Dorigo III -- 6/7/2009 16:32:24 >
DF  Post #: 7
6/18/2009 16:12:34   
Sir Dorigo III

Sorry for double post... New poem up! Unnamed as of now. Another one is in progress
DF  Post #: 8
6/18/2009 17:29:59   
not steve

i am touched that you would take inspiration from my works. i like the unnammed poem but i didn't understand the last line entirely. and more heartfelt? feh! would you have been able to tell i pulled mine out of nowhere if i didn't tell you in the notes? well, maybe. anyway, i can't say i am a fan of this style of poetry but you have made it work for me.

regards,

- Doc
AQ DF  Post #: 9
6/18/2009 17:42:47   
Sir Dorigo III

Well to understand the last line you have to know the background between me and her. Ill post in authors notes in a minute.

And I meant that the message I began with evolved. Not that it was more heartfelt than your poem. Tho that might be true too...

And I was wondering... What do you mean by "this style of poetry"? will you elaborate?

< Message edited by Sir Dorigo III -- 6/19/2009 16:42:17 >
DF  Post #: 10
9/2/2009 15:49:52   
Helixi

Sorry to have not posted for so long. I like the newer poems, I'll check back and maybe critique later. :3

< Message edited by Helixi -- 1/8/2012 11:42:50 >
AQ DF  Post #: 11
10/24/2009 14:47:38   
Sir Dorigo III

5 New poems up (well 4.. the last one is being typed up right now.) I hope you guys like these.. Its in all honesty, a new way of writing. Especially the first 2. You get a different message depending on ow you read them.
DF  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Taken: A Series of Poetry- Comments
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition