Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2009 3:18:52   
Stan

First the winners would be announced, what, about three weeks ago I think? Then we're told the winner's weapons will be ready and in the game for the July 17th release.
It's the 18th, we haven't seen any winners, we haven't seen the weapons, we haven't even heard anything at all. I understand you're busy and I understand these contests are something of the lowest priority, but please, please take those two minutes and tell us what to expect. This waiting without knowing for how long we still have to wait is getting frustrating.

< Message edited by Stan -- 7/18/2009 3:21:02 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 301
7/18/2009 10:17:10   
DragonSlayerNinja

@Stan
Im with you on that 100%
I believe it has actually been a month.
Please tell us when and if.

We put lots of work into our entries and its not that many entries to judge.
AQ  Post #: 302
7/19/2009 14:34:16   
ringulreith

I do agree with Stan. Look at the music contest, it was judged in about a week, and the winning song was put in the game first day of beta. It's been almost, if not, a month since this contest ended, and we haven't even gotten a word from the staff about the winners, when they will be anounced, or if they will at all. This is really disappointing.
Post #: 303
7/20/2009 5:55:19   
runer

guys your forgetting something , there is about 120+ entires , if the staff will leave there work to judge your work , then say good bye to the next release , dont forget they are working on a WHOLE NEW GAME , so sure it ll take time beofre the winners are announced .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 304
7/20/2009 6:08:15   
Stan

If you'd read my post carefully, you'd have noticed I hadn't forgotten that. I said I understood the contests weren't a high priority, but taking two minutes and telling us what to expect is hardly going to cost us a release. Besides, they've judged contests with over 600 entries in half the time this one is taking.
The point is, if they can't even take the time to post something here when we ask nicely, even if it's just that they don't know how long it's still going to take, they shouldn't do these contests. I wouldn't have minded the contest judging taking three months, if they'd just told us. Right now, we're being held in the pitch black dark for no apparent reason .

< Message edited by Stan -- 7/20/2009 6:12:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 305
7/20/2009 6:34:25   
runer

@stan : i understand your upset , and upset for real , but don't forget AE is now running 5 games , with millions of people world wide , hungry for weekly releases , i know it dont take time to judge you guys , but with MQ artbook and warpforce coming up , the staff must became busy coordinating those things , iam certin that sooner or later they ll judge them , but personally more than 1-2 weeks more will indeed indicate a problem , but for now you can do one thing , sit in patince and wait , also what makes you so sure that the staff are judging the drawing's at this very same moment , and awaiting next week to announce the winners ?? you have the right to be upset , but please dont make a huge deal out of it( not like your making one , but once other angry players see this post , kabooom will occur , its just like putting petrolium on fire ) and for the game's sake , relax and wait .

-R|N
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 306
7/20/2009 6:42:12   
Stan

I understand your concern, but I doubt you understand my upset. My upset is not how long the contest is taking to judge, my upset is the complete absence and apparent lack of interest from staff members. Once again, I understand they're busy, but dropping in a post should fit into the schedule.

V @ below, Yeah, I guess you're right... *sigh*

< Message edited by Stan -- 7/20/2009 6:54:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 307
7/20/2009 6:51:48   
runer

I agree with you at this ast point , at least they should have said something , but i dont think they forgot about it or got a lack of interest about the contest , again just have some patince , and everything will be just fine :) .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 308
7/20/2009 16:27:23   
MegaPoster404

They started two new contests after this one, and this one still isn't judged.
DF MQ  Post #: 309
7/20/2009 17:55:07   
Shadowcancer

Aww man, I wanted to make part of this, but I'll post a pic of my Weapon here, could you guys rate it for me? Maybe Next time I could Join the contest...

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 310
7/20/2009 19:28:20   
batrocklee

@shadowcancer
cool weapon
only problem i have with it is the fact that it bears a striking
resemblance to THIS
but other wise a cool looking weapon

< Message edited by batrocklee -- 7/20/2009 19:29:27 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 311
7/20/2009 19:45:20   
chemaric

I was looking at a lot of the entries, and... Wow! A lot of you are very talented! Great job, and good luck. :)

AQ  Post #: 312
7/20/2009 20:39:01   
Btang95

You know how badly I wanted to join the contest?
DF  Post #: 313
7/20/2009 20:48:20   
Btang95

ShadowCancer, that looked like a nice alien gun,

I liked your weapon, if you actually drew it which I think you did.
The drawing could of taken a bit more texture though,

ON THE OTHER HAND, it's Simple YET creative.
Here's my rating for your Gun.

A bit simple, not a lot of texture, Creativity is not Complex,
But is a nice simple looking Creation = 8.5/10
The name is cool, (especially the "Alpha" in the end of it's name)

Over all, awesome gun.
Too bad it wasn't in the contest :(
DF  Post #: 314
7/20/2009 20:55:47   
Shadowcancer

It remember it slightly, In fact I've never seen that Wii control, but it's cool xD

And Thanks
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 315
7/20/2009 21:00:10   
Shadowcancer

I drew it on a tablet, then I couln't put Texture as I wanted tough, but yet I could at least try to color it, But thanks, My idea was really a Simple weapon, And I've forgotten to draw the Projectile, that would be a red beam of light, and it's Special would be multiple Hits, while the character rotate the Weapon( Like that Western movies, you know )
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 316
7/20/2009 23:11:25   
Btang95

Your drawing was cool though.
DF  Post #: 317
7/20/2009 23:15:50   
Btang95

Seriously, after the AQ house Contest is a Dragonlord Contest.
WTF, how bout they stick to un finished Contests before making NEW ones!
I mean if they're to "busy" to have time for this contest,
Why are they making a NEW ONE ABOUT DRAGONLORDS NOW!!!!
STICK TO OLD CONTESTS FIRST BEFORE STARTING NEW ONES!
DF  Post #: 318
7/21/2009 4:24:54   
Duck Dodgers

Maybe the AQ team isn't going to released result,
just like the mechquest video contest long ago.

or maybe...
our ideas are just not good enough to let them pick a winner.
<frankly,there quite a number of weapon design<especially swords>that is not warpforce theme>

< Message edited by Duck Dodgers -- 7/21/2009 4:28:26 >
Post #: 319
7/21/2009 10:10:14   
DragonSlayerNinja

Can we like protest or something lol
Because this is getting annoying and i spent hours on my entry.
(Armageddon Sword on page 1, entry 11)

This is annnnoying....
AQ  Post #: 320
7/21/2009 10:16:02   
Hagen

I am afraid that it is going to be like with the old "Zorbak goes to Con" Contest... It was a cool contest with great prizes promised (unlimited number of winners possible) and - well - it ended about 10 months ago and it's still unjudged.

AQ MQ  Post #: 321
7/21/2009 10:29:25   
DragonSlayerNinja

Minar was in the competition, maybe we can convince him to help us to get it judged

quote:

That said, I have a minor update about the time frame of this contest. Judging may run over a little bit since we're all pretty much scrambling to get everything ready in time. The winning entry will be animated and released in-game in time for the full release, July 17, 2009.

This is what Yango2000 said yet nothing was there in the release.

AK's we should contact because they were in the Contest and i Doubt any AK's have looked at our complaints or anything in a long time.. the forum is dead here:

Evil Moo!!
Viking_Jorun
Crimzon5
Minar
reni bluestar
Ultrapowerpie
Clyde

< Message edited by DragonSlayerNinja -- 7/21/2009 10:36:12 >
AQ  Post #: 322
7/21/2009 10:33:35   
Nightly

Guys please calm down. It takes the team along time just to pick their individual favorites, then out of that to pick the entries that the whole teams like.

Plus, the other contest is just in the submission form so it won't slow the AE team down because they won't have even looked at it.

So just enjoy the first WarpForce release until the contest winners are announced.
Post #: 323
7/21/2009 10:40:58   
DragonSlayerNinja

Im worried because Yango2000 said that the winner should have had there weapon in game 4 days ago.
And since then nothing has been said like "the judging was post-poned" or "the weapons are not ready yet"
If they said something id be fine but they havnt.
AQ  Post #: 324
7/21/2009 10:44:15   
Nightly

I would suggest not talking to Ultrapowerpie. As a friend of his I know that he is incredibly lazy and probably won't be asking around.

Anyways, you just contradicted yourself by posting Yagno's statement.

quote:

Judging may run over a little bit since we're all pretty much scrambling to get everything ready in time.

Isn't it possible that the judging ran over so much that they didn't have enough time to add in the new weapons yet?

Like I said just give it some time and relax.
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition