Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= Temura's Song Contest -- WINNERS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Temura's Song Contest -- WINNERS
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2009 12:44:21   
Galanoth
The Legendary Daragonslayer

Winners are posted below. Please only post in this thread if you are one of the winners.

Post your character ID for your reward if you want your reward on your AQ character -- If you want your reward on a WF character post that request here and as soon as you make a WF character you can post that character ID here.

Everyone else please continue discussion and congratulations in the Tenura's Song contest discussion thread.

A huge thank-you to everyone who participated!

1st place -- Temura's fellow WarpGuardian in the WarpGuardian Tower will be named after your character! A chance for your music to be ingame! You also get 10000 Z-Tokens.

Lkeas

2nd place(s) -- A chance for your music to be ingame plus 7500 Z-Tokens.

Asd Yhn

Bedford

DoodMan

3rd place(s) -- 5000 Z-Tokens.

Badriser

Khannibal & Crimzon5

Nathan Explosion

Ultrapowerpie

Viking_Jorun & Personater

Xyo, Chromewolf and Saruto

< Message edited by Galanoth -- 6/17/2009 14:06:14 >
Post #: 1
6/16/2009 12:53:47   
Viking_Jorun

Yay! 3rd place! :)

Congratulations Lkeas! Yours was very good.

I'd like my Z-Tokens to go on my WF character, of which I will post the character ID when the time comes. :)

< Message edited by Viking_Jorun -- 6/16/2009 12:56:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/16/2009 12:54:27   
Nickwright
Creative!

Congrats winners, Awesome Songs

I thought Kenny or Erica would win, Seems I was right XD

Great job you guys! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/16/2009 12:57:08   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

w00t! 3rd place is fine for the moogle, Lkeas deserves to be in-game. :D

I'll put mine for my WF character.

< Message edited by Ultrapowerpie -- 6/16/2009 12:59:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/16/2009 12:58:52   
Bedford

Awesome! Congrats everyone! :) I would like mine on my WF character once created! Thanks!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
6/16/2009 13:11:08   
Khelios
Burning Chaos

I would prefer to wait for WF to come out to claim a reward!
DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/16/2009 13:36:45   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Congratulations to the winners this was a very tough race. Any one who has "mp3" versions of their songs or who can convert their songs to MP3 are requested to send their songs to falerin@gmail.com. I will be compiling a "Fan Music" inspired by warpforce CD. We will make the ISO for the CD free to download from the website in the future so you can burn your own copy.

Post #: 7
6/16/2009 16:34:02   
Khannibal

Ah well done all!
3rd place go me and Crimzon5
Congratulations to the bigger winners, great efforts.

Can we have our Member rank changed to Contest winners/runner up etc.? Id appreciate it.
Als id like my tokens on my WF character upon creation.
Thank you

Well done again!

Khannibal/SkyScreams

< Message edited by Khannibal -- 6/17/2009 9:09:11 >

Your sig has been Dusted/M4B'd
Do not post "Click Me" referral, viral, or any other type of signatures.
Detailed Sig Guide
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/16/2009 20:14:12   
Avantir

Yes! Second!

You want us to sneak into the Cap and rescue him?

Yes.

Oh. You aren't joking. You're crazy!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/16/2009 20:33:20   
Nathan Explosion

W00t 3rd place! Congrats everyone else, especially Lkeas. short but sweet.
I'd like the 1000 z-tokens to be in my WF account.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
6/16/2009 22:12:49   
badriser

Hello to all

I will start by saying that I´d appreciate in the future, a sincere opinion by the AE administrators into why they chose the winners they did. In this way we would get a better understanding for future contests. Also, you could have posted the links next to the winning members for lazy people like me. (I took the liberty of doing just that).

The Winners

Lkeas
I’m very happy she won, or I’d just presume the judges were sleeping on their job.
Being a judge, I would have also chosen her for first place.
Let’s be real. We could never compete against that beautiful voice.
http://truthpedia.googlepages.com/BreakFree.mp3

Asd Yhn
Great lyrics
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16081483&mpage=3&key=�

Bedford
Nice voice, excellent chorus, it really sticks in one’s head.
http://www.4shared.com/file/111228552/ce4d327f/A_World_Where_I_Belong.html

Doodman
Great stuff in the beginning but from the first minute on the music gets a little scribbled (confusing), no offence. Are you sure it was Mastered by an Engineer. I still liked it anyway.
http://www.lastfm.com.br/music/Kenny+Phoenix/_/WarpForce?autostart

Khannibal & Crimzon5
I don’t really know if what I heard was the final entry, but the one I heard had heart.
http://www.4shared.com/file/109858248/de324d2a/DONE.html

Nathan Explosion
That electrical death metal is not my kind of style (sorry Nathan) so I can’t really give an honest opinion, but I think the production (mastering) could be better.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=453bb5abf9dd1c272fb2ca15d7ea42d9e04e75f6e8ebb871

Ultrapowerpie
I liked your lyrics and the actual rhythm. You could use a singer like Lkeas (lol) but hey…. One does with what one has, wright?
http://www.4shared.com/file/110813172/6c3f2d22/warpforce_song.html

Viking_Jorun & Personater
Great lyrics and the song has everything to do with an RPG. It kind of reminded me of playing final fantasy and such. It still lacks a little power when you get to the 50 seconds part of the song, and the 2 minute part, I would make it explode.
It really has a lot of potential.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/a3b35d8f-4396-476b-b0a4-688ed7ad655e/WarpForce-Contest-Entry

Xyo, Chromewolf and Saruto
Well…. It’s different, I got to tell you that. Nice way to narrate a story.
http://www.4shared.com/file/110866546/c2883e06/StoryofTemuraOfficialOfficial.html

Myself
I was hoping for a better place but seems like I just didn’t deserve it. Maybe some other time with more work from my part.
http://www.reverbnation.com/glaucoma

Other Excellent Entries
These are so good that I don’t understand how they didn’t make the winner circle. They deserved at least third place.

SkylineGtr
SkylineGtr shows us how to use a piano with this very beautiful composition. Imagine if there were more instruments.
http://www.4shared.com/file/111316410/29ce2226/My_Entry.html

Nightfirex
This is one of my favourites, a magnificent song by a remarkable composer.
http://www.4shared.com/file/111242282/9e514f73/Flight_beyond_the_Heavens.html

Chugg
Another great song and composer.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8W56GLC

Therries
I really like the beginning but the middle isn’t my style. It’s too much hard electro for me. I still have to admit it´s great work and perfect for those who love that style of music.
http://www.speedyshare.com/532232626.html

I did not say squat about lyrics because I was not able to read them all.

Opinion on the contest
I don’t really know how lyrics can be compared with composing. It’s like comparing milk with chocolate. Two different things, but together….. yum yum.

To those who did not win
You deserve a pat on the back just for the effort. Actually, I think that all entries should have a consolation prize, no matter how small it would be, just for the effort and time spent.

Finally
It is going to be a while for me to be able to spend some time playing WF and since the only prize I would really like, was to have at least a bit of my song looping in the game, I would like to offer my 1000z tokens.
If possible and in order to be fair I would like to donate the tokens equally between:

SkylineGtr, Nightfirex, Chugg and Therries.

Hey… guys… it’s not much but it’s better than nothing.

Please notify them so they can choose in what game they want them.

Thank you and good job everyone.

P.S: I hope I didn’t mess up with the links. If so, PM me with correct link, so that I can fix it.
Post #: 11
6/17/2009 1:07:38   
DoodMan

OH WOW! I am so glad I didn't win. I can't stop listening to Lkeas' entry. Oh... My... God... that voice is entrancing. I can only hope that I can sing at that caliber one day.

Congratulations aren't going to cut it. This... this is just beyond great. I love everything about it. The intro is so gripping as well, it immediately pulls you into the song. The rhythm is spot on... everything is! Bravo, Lkeas... Bravissimo.

I'd like to wait until WF for my prize.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this contest possible, I learned a lot while making my entry.
AQ MQ  Post #: 12
6/17/2009 2:48:34   
chugg

@badriser
Wow Thanks. In my eyes this means I took 4th place.

I'm not decided whether or not I want my AQ or my future WF character to receive tokens.

As a bonus to everyone doing their best for the competition I offer the Full Version
of my song. I entered in the shorter version so it would fit the 1-3 min time limit.
The Destination Full Version

Thanks again, badriser

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
6/17/2009 4:58:15   
Crimzon5

W00t! 3rd place:

AQ for me: http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=2835326

Heh, I really didnt expect to win. Well, for one, me and Khannibal failed to polish our 2nd draft. But I'm rejoiceful that we still ranked something. And to be honest, I was routing for Bedford and I prefered his over Lkeas. But regardless, congrats to the winners (especially Lkeas).

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 6/17/2009 5:54:40 >

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 14
6/17/2009 8:11:24   
Ilø¤IMPERIAL¤ølI

Gratz to the winners :)

~Emp
Post #: 15
6/17/2009 9:25:48   
Hagen

Yup, the winning song is really outstanding.
An interesting mix of Celtic and Eastern motives, nice lyrics, well performed, and quite well mastered.

IMO it deserves a version made by a professional sound studio.
Congratulations.
AQ MQ  Post #: 16
6/17/2009 14:07:54   
Galanoth

I've increased the prize amounts and will be honoring Badriser's suggestions.

Judging of any kind is a subjective process and by no means is a pronouncement of the value of entries -- I know there were many well-made entries beyond the winners chosen. The winners in a contest like this one reflect the judge(s)' taste more than anything else.

< Message edited by Galanoth -- 6/17/2009 14:11:58 >
Post #: 17
6/17/2009 18:35:04   
Saruto

Gotta give props to the winner, im listing it right now, and it sounds epic! Nice job!
DF  Post #: 18
6/17/2009 23:29:13   
badriser

I wish to thank Galanoth and all AE.

quote:

By Galanoth

I've increased the prize amounts and will be honoring Badriser's suggestions.

Judging of any kind is a subjective process and by no means is a pronouncement of the value of entries -- I know there were many well-made entries beyond the winners chosen. The winners in a contest like this one reflect the judge(s)' taste more than anything else.

It’s because of actions like the above that I adore AE. You guys really listen to what simple members like myself, have to say. Believe me, Galanoth, when I say that your last post meant more to me than any amount of z tokens I could ever win.

Chugg was the one who informed me, you had increased the prize reward.
I find that amazing.
He also said that I could reconsider my offer.

I feel I need to make it clear that I did not refuse the offer because I thought it was small.
Hey… I entered the AE art contest and won just 500AC for AQW and accepted it proudly.
It’s really just because I won’t have a lot of time to spare during the next three months and because I entered the song contest to try and have a bit of my music looping in the game. That would have made me cry of joy.
I was still honored to achieve third place. Thanks

I am a man of my word and will not go back on what I offered just because the prize went up. I just hope they enjoy it, especially now that it’s 5 times more.

I promise that by September I will be playing WF and hope to hear Lkeas song in it.

Once more, Thank you very much and keep up the incredible work.
Post #: 19
6/18/2009 6:01:56   
Crimzon5

+4000? Thanks Gal! I thought Lkeas' prize went to me by mistake xD

Thanks again.

Oh, is it possible to remove 1000 from my AQ char? Then when WF, I'll decide whether I'll put the 1000 in AQ or WF?

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 6/18/2009 20:49:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 20
6/18/2009 11:46:47   
Galanoth

@Chugg -- I took care of you. Be sure to keep your passwords safe.

@Crimzon5 -- Sure thing -- we'll reserve 1000 of the tokens for your WF account.
Post #: 21
6/18/2009 17:29:40   
Nightfirex

Once again I am blown away by how great the AQ staff is. The listen to their players and willing to help them and like Chugg, being recognized that my work was good does make me glad. I am happy to be a player here and will definitely be play Warpforce when it comes out. And I do hope more opportunities do come out for musicians like myself to participate in contests such at this. I had a great time working on this music and I would love to do more stuff like this in the Future. As for the tokens when my Warpforce charcter is made I like the tokens to be transfer there.

Thank you everyone.
AQ DF  Post #: 22
6/20/2009 20:29:58   
Nathan Explosion

woah, Galanoth, you're the best! you listened to badriser AND also raised the prize amounts! You're so amazing! This is why i like AE, they listen to the players and take suggestions from them and help everybody! Thanks again!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
6/21/2009 16:04:19   
da boss

Damn bedford can sing. lol
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
6/23/2009 9:54:26   
mvnator

good job everyone (i wanted to win T_T) spend your prize wisely.

What do sneevils wear under their trousers?

BOXershorts!
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Temura's Song Contest -- WINNERS
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition