Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 44 - Summer in the City (Personater)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 44 - Summer in the City (Personater)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2009 13:50:19   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Summer in the City
by Personater

Another summer in Lore - the sparkling, sunny streets of Soluna, the dirt-paved roads of Battleon. We all know that big figures such as Artix and Warlic tend to receive much attention and probably have a large fan following, but what happens to all the gift shops, townsfolk, and just ambiance of the town following the onslaught of vacationers?

Before each summer, the dirt roads are raked and packed, the streets cleaned, and the towns are generally peaceful. But when summer begins, a massive influx of visitors arrive and a rampant stream of chaos progresses through town, leaving trash on the ground and stinking up and clogging the piping. There is one positive outcome: Money. Without this tourism, the great Guardian Tower, the mean metal mecha, even the treasury would dry up and maintenance on the town would become neigh impossible!

So, who is responsible for keeping the town in such pristine order the entire year? The towns never appear trashed or destroyed (unless megalomaniac tourist Xans destroy Falconreach, but that is not due to tourism), so there must be an omnipresent force existent in the towns that we have not been made aware of before! This is up to much speculation, but we normally would assume that some form of magic would be responsible for this.

Magic could be used to reset misplaced scenery, dissolve or transport trash, and could be woven to affect an entire town for a long period of time. This is not practical tactical magic by any means, so powerful mages would not spend time trying to create these spells. This seems to be more of a cheery, friendly magic seen woven by Moglins in their ever-helpful spirit. After careful examination, this could easily be explain by looking at a common thread: You have Twilly in Battleon and Falconreach, and Twig in Soluna! Every major city has a Moglin to take care of it and keep it clean for each adventurer every login!

One town is harder to understand: the town of Nowhere! During the summer especially, adventurers fight, showing off trophy monsters and trading hides for gold, or selling them to someone for untold profits. I believe Death must have a role in this! If his vault for holding souls is filled when you die, then imagine the countless monsters that have to be returned to life after they die as well! I must conclude that Death pays you gold to prevent overpopulation in the town of Nowhere by not *killing* monsters, just weakening them enough to be caught in a state between life and death so that they can be repopulated back in Lore! If this did not happen, only the oldest Adventurers would have stories to tell about defeating monsters, because they would ALL be gone! This benefits tourists looking for a chance to beat that one rare enemy and brag to their friends, keeping tourism, and thus a money flow, coming in!

If this were not to happen, then how could tourists prove themselves or legends show why they are legendary? Without the magic of cleanliness and cheer and fortune of stories and legends so abundantly found around Falconreach, Soluna, or Battleon, what would distinguish these towns and make them a prime tourist location?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/9/2009 15:01:46   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

I smell a CONSPIRACY here! Someone has to stop Death. But who? I can't, I have a mandatory yoga class coming up.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 44 - Summer in the City (Personater)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition