Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 44 - NPC Camp (Clyde)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 44 - NPC Camp (Clyde)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2009 13:57:50   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

NPC Camp
by: Clyde

Here is my record of what makes an NPC, an NPC. I will spend a few days spying, err, investigating how NPCs become what they are today. There are a few days missing, since I either got knocked unconscious or they were taking a break.

Day 1, Morning
So far, so lame. After all the NPCs settled in, their first camp event was Punning 101. On the large stage was a test dummy portraying the Player. The camp director gave out scenarios and dialogue to work with on the spot. They were supposed to create puns from whatever was thrown at them. First up was Artix, and you would think he would easily pass this with flying colors, right? Wrong, he ran up and punted the dummy off stage claiming, "I thought this was Punting 101... my bad."

A few minutes and a new dummy, Artix was given the situation that a hoard of undead were attacking the city. The player's dialogue was this "Artix, what are we going to do?" In which he replied, "Well <Player name>, I think it is time we put some meat on their bones." before pulling out a bacon cannon.

The crowd got a laugh, but moving on...

Day 3, Afternoon
Today was "While Being Some of the Most Powerful Beings in Game, Sit There and Ask Players to do the Work for You..." Sure it was a ridiculous name, but in all honesty, it was necessary.

Robina readied herself, taking deep breaths until the Player dummy strolled up to her. She then coughed before getting her worried face on display. "Brave Adventurer, there is a group of Level 10 Orcs you must defeat in order to save the Princess. The reward will be great." After some over dramatic acting, she curtsied.

Day 5, Morning
Reward Shops and Shops, as well as Epic Quests with Rewards.

First, the NPCs were given bags of infinite space in which they were to keep all of their stuff. They were taught some rough Economics, like lowering the sell back of items of evil origin and how to determine which shiny object should be sold or bought. Some NPCs were even taught what not to steal from other NPCs. For example, Aria could not keep her hands off of Daimyo, not to mention Nythera was trying to snatch Warlic's orb a few times during the whole camping trip.

Eselgee bashing the Player dummy into bits for wanting a cheaper price on the IronThorn shields was a tad concerning, but nonetheless interesting. However, when it came to everyone trying to build themselves a little shop to sell special items, only Yulgar's came out well, while everyone else's just broke apart or stunk.

Day 8, Evening
Class Training for Class Trainers started this evening. The camp director sat there reading an entire set of "How to train <Insert class> for Dummies" for hours by the fire. Some found it entertaining while others found it boring, falling asleep during the reading. I never knew that you had to have wands in order to teach Wizard class. Or you needed shiny dragon-shaped armor and a vendetta against dragons to teach Dragon Slayer. Yoga lessons for Martial Artist was what caught me off guard though.

The funniest thing about this evening was watching Artix trying to teach a dog how to slay undead... Or was it Twig trying to teach a group of mountain cats how to summon fish and ice cream?

Last Day, Day 10, Afternoon
What in the Elemental Lords was I thinking!?! So much chaos, so much destruction, and worst of all, they were enjoying it. They were venting their pent up NPC anger on the area around them. That explained the "inVenting Things" block of the schedule...

Warlic brought all of the Player dummies to life with his magic, making them attack everyone.

Artix slammed his axe into one's head, nearly splitting it into two, smiling. "That's for never laughing at my puns!"

Xan grabs another from behind before igniting it into ashes, laughing madly. "If only this were the real <Insert player name>!"

Twig tackled one that felt a little overconfident by rushing ahead of the others. He simply smacked the dummy with a fish in the face. "Never ever gave me fish and ice cweam." There were so many left, yet so little time until camp was over. All of them banded together to unleash a power so devastating that not even the camp was left standing. Only the NPCs were cheering and having a good time. The camp counselors weren't as happy, but did not expect less from the group.

Crazy, right? Until next Summer, we'll see what happens then!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/9/2009 14:43:36   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Sounds like a fun camp! If only I'd gone there instead of somewhere constructive. D:
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
7/13/2009 5:43:53   
roguesdoit

quote:

Eselgee bashing the Player dummy into bits for wanting a cheaper price on the IronThorn shields was a tad concerning, but nonetheless interesting. However, when it came to everyone trying to build themselves a little shop to sell special items, only Yulgar's came out well, while everyone else's just broke apart or stunk.

Was Cysero there? I heard he's a better blacksmith than Yulgar.
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 44 - NPC Camp (Clyde)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition