Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 44 - Editor's note (smbdoll)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 44 - Editor's note (smbdoll)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2009 14:01:04   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Editor's Note
By smbdoll

Ahhh, vacations...

Who doesn't look forward to a break; a chance to get away from all the strains of school or work? Summer is always a wonderful time of year. It's the time that I can relax, spend time with my family and simply enjoy a cup of tea and read a book.

Yet, as I sit with my tea and my book, there's one thing that simply doesn't often occur to me. Perhaps because I am concentrating so much on enjoying the peace and quiet that I have, I fail to consider the people that make it possible to enjoy vacation time.

Does anyone really think of the people who are hard at work while the rest of us enjoy time off? Yet without them, it would not be possible to take the time to ourselves that we feel is our hard earned right. So, while I sit here writing this note, my heart goes out to the doctors and nurses that work around the clock while I do nothing. I send out my heartfelt thanks to soldiers that stand guard and fight on front lines while I sleep safely in my bed at night. To those in the services industry; you have a hard, thankless job, but society can not run without you. The thousand and one small things that are available simply because some are willing to work to ensure that others' vacations are pleasant are astounding in themselves. I can only admire you and be grateful that you are willing to put your own time off aside.

Social services do not stop because we are on vacation. Police do not stop patrolling the streets; ambulances still drive. Fire trucks still respond to alarms, perhaps more often when others are on vacation than at any other times. Emergency services still respond and operators are still at their posts.

For those of us who don't feel like cooking on vacation, the restaurant workers are still there. When we want to go somewhere exotic, hotels are available around the clock, catering to our whims. Transportation is always available in the form of buses, planes, trains, ships and taxis. And when we don't want to clean while we're on vacation, the cleaning ladies, maids and servicemen are ever at our service. Even at the times we want to complain when things don't quite go our way, there are people whose job it is to listen.

Perhaps we don't always avail ourselves of what others work so hard to ensure while we take our much needed vacations. Maybe some of us would rather sit at home, possibly complaining to each other about the reruns on the TV channels without noting that yes, these too still at least run. Or maybe we want to play online games and want to complain that the developers took their own vacations, leaving us without updates for that week. That's our right too.

This vacation though, I'm going to attempt at least to be more grateful for what is available. I'm going to stop occasionally and think about the people that give a part of their lives that mine can be better. And if I can't do much in the way to make daily life better for them, at least I can say thank you.

For those of you reading this, I hope you are enjoying your vacation as much as I'm going to enjoy mine. Thank you for choosing to spend some of your time reading the ramblings of an editor. And for the ones that worked with me on this issue, the authors and artists, Eukara, the thousand and one people that have been poked and prodded for information and inspiration, thank you as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 44 - Editor's note (smbdoll)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition