Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= A Final Mystery part II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Final Mystery part II
Page 5 of 11«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2009 21:24:57   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

First of all I don't know that it's a trifid. I put that up just in case, it is.

See I have this strange....way of helping everyone by providing useful information that at the time I'm not even aware is helpful.

Currently, the only thing I do know that's helpful for an absolute fact. is that those two numbers you just listed. Are coordinates.
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
7/15/2009 21:33:46   
xoloitzcuintli

Hm. Someone said earlier that those coordinates were in the Arctic Ocean. And Arctic may be the password for some cipher. Arctic has 6 letters and there are 6 words.
Edit: It's not a Caesar cipher. I tried it, backwards and forwards, here: http://www.secretcodebreaker.com/caesar.html

< Message edited by xoloitzcuintli -- 7/15/2009 21:53:17 >
AQ  Post #: 102
7/15/2009 22:21:24   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Yeah somehow this didn't seem like a caesar cipher type.
Vignère decryption

Removed spaces

Suggested keyword is arctic

vonymj jyjycw zznoss ijelzh
24 chars

Substring 1

vjzi
Shift 0
VJZI

Substring 2

oyzj
Shift -17
XHIS

Substring 3

njne
Shift -2
LHLC

Substring 4

yyol
Shift -19
FFVS

Substring 5

mcsz
Shift -8
EUKR

Substring 6

jwsh
Shift -2
HUQF

this is what I get with a vignere and the key of arctic.
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
7/15/2009 22:27:19   
xoloitzcuintli

Yeah, I tried that too. There are way too many ciphers to try. Do you think it's a transposition? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposition_cipher
AQ  Post #: 104
7/15/2009 23:01:24   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

no good X. Transpostions do not work on this.

AQW Epic  Post #: 105
7/15/2009 23:02:20   
murdering zealot

this is the last or next-to-last riddle before warpforce public release, HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!
DF  Post #: 106
7/15/2009 23:16:03   
xoloitzcuintli

Hm. Why don't transpositions work?
AQ  Post #: 107
7/15/2009 23:20:57   
BumFoolingGuy

Doubt that...(They the ones who creates are the ones who gets the last laughs from people thinking everything like ciphers from tomorrow are the last ones, who won't be prepare, instead of those who expect the unknown are thinking the worst ever are the ones who are prepare to work on the final cipher

I removed this part
then why not see the knowledge as a different way of the aspect of the puzzle knowing each way of teaching knowledge requires something that has been branched or made requires something that roots its base at the unknown thought or have to look at the knowledge of the puzzle and branch off or look at the clues of the puzzle and work around at different angles or modifications that since the ciphers won't work at every level of ciphers or knowledge

Since the knowledge of using the puzzle is incredible need something that only requires the aspect of the clues and work or not modify it into something that only incredible have made by the teachers into different ways or aspects that work with the puzzle

why not take everything of the puzzle and clues and write what makes sense and besides this puzzle seems to be incredible at first with the knowledge why not work on the knowledge part of it to branch the knowledge into you and since knowledge requires different keys or ways that are simple but can be hard(guesses could work if not)

< Message edited by BumFoolingGuy -- 7/16/2009 0:16:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
7/15/2009 23:34:20   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I think the saying goes, he who laughs last, laughs best.

Their teaching us. In their own wonderful way.

And so far this level of knowledge is incredible.

The reason the ciphers don't work, is when I run em through, they don't give anything that makes sense.

Oh and bum, stop giving out Ideas okay? That doesn't help.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 7/15/2009 23:38:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
7/15/2009 23:46:12   
xoloitzcuintli

Meh. I'm clueless. D=
AQ  Post #: 110
7/16/2009 1:16:04   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

well so far it's eleven at night and I have tried everything I can think of. I'm going to bed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
7/16/2009 2:54:39   
Lkeas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falerin

If you are are to escape the puzzle of Cerebus... no wait that's not somehow wrong... not the three headed dog at all. Just Great I will War with this for hours.

5 across: Relevant 6 letters, -e

These two remarks seem quite significant. A synonym for "relevant" is germane, minus the E could be "German." Cerberus was a ship in the Great War:

http://www.cerberus.com.au/timeline.html
http://anmm.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/on-and-off-the-hmvs-cerberus/

If that is the Cerberus referred to, is there some puzzle or cipher associated with its service in the Great War?

Or perhaps it is simply in reference to WWI itself, in which case one of the more famous German puzzles involved encryption using the Enigma machine. Could this latest cipher be encrypted with that method?

EDIT: Information about and simulation of Enigma machine can be found here: I don't really have time to test it out myself right now and I'm sick besides, so I should be in bed. But perhaps someone in a more healthy condition could try it?

http://people.physik.hu-berlin.de/~palloks/js/enigma/index_en.html

< Message edited by Lkeas -- 7/16/2009 2:57:24 >
AQ DF  Post #: 112
7/16/2009 3:13:38   
Krayola
Mmm, I wuv fish!

I was thinking similarly to that, but he said Cerebus, not cerberus. Then said no wait that's somehow not wrong, which means it is right? So is it cerebus (Which the only thing I found on was a comic book?) or is it Cerberus?

AQ DF  Post #: 113
7/16/2009 9:52:08   
Plushie

This Is confusing does any one have a list of solved and unsolved puzzles in the last thread,to clear my mind a bit
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 114
7/16/2009 10:28:44   
tobi728822

I agree with Lkeas. He was clearly making to WWI and the fact the he used Cerebus as a proper noun refers to a name. So if it is the Enigma.. I'll check

quote:

From Eldron:

This just in, Could the wide sea mean space? The network is getting clever. Historically, codes have been not their strong suite.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cross the wide sea, CLCVII, to find the good one's friend.

VONY MJJY JYCW ZZNO SSIJ ELZH

Now what if Cerebus could instead be a clue to this.. That would make Cerebus a shuttle. and if we take out the es in Cerebus, we has 5 letter. So if my hunch is Correct CRBUS is the Key for this puzzle.

So i'm completely positive the the Key is CRBUS now I just need help Dechipereing it

Got it count back from 4

< Message edited by tobi728822 -- 7/16/2009 11:26:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
7/16/2009 11:24:05   
Eldron

Count backwards from 4 for the 1 approach.

< Message edited by Eldron -- 7/16/2009 11:25:19 >
Post #: 116
7/16/2009 11:26:08   
  Vivi
Outsmarting Bugs

That would suggest to me that Lkeas is right about the Enigma cipher. I'll take a look at that and see if I can figure it out.

edit: Hm, the edit Eldron made makes me not quite as sure >.>

< Message edited by phoenixfire555 -- 7/16/2009 11:28:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
7/16/2009 11:31:53   
tobi728822

Alright the other post it too big.

quote:

From Eldron:
Count back 4

That was his original post

well i just ran the message through a transposion chipher, and for some reason the first word is always end..

quote:

Create a subsets of characters based on the length of the keyword and do a separate frequency analysis on each of them. Compare each to a standard frequency distribution and try to match them up using the distribution of peaks and troughs rather than an exact pattern matching. Find out the character shift which should give the keyword character eg. if shifted 4 places to the left then the letter is probably e

Perhaps this could help shed some light on Eldron's Post. Got it from Here

And then there is the matter of Eldron Saying Suite, reffering ot a card game... Wait a sec.. That might just work.

/me bangs my head against the wall. Arggh I'm so close, i can just feel it. I just need to use the right cipher!

< Message edited by tobi728822 -- 7/16/2009 12:19:20 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 118
7/16/2009 12:18:37   
murdering zealot

by "the 1 aproach" does eldron means the only aproach?
DF  Post #: 119
7/16/2009 12:19:56   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Great Caesars Ghost! I somehow completely forgot about the post involving the Cerebus and ended up focusing on arctic instead as a key!

http://homepages.tesco.net/~andycarlson/enigma/about_enigma.html

If it was run through a rotary (And Eldron where did you find such an amazing tool?) then this website may help us after all.

For eldrons recent post of counting backwards. We have one of two options. We have the option that was listed above with the shifting of four.

Or we have the subtraction of four minus one which equals 3. Or. We have to take four steps backwards from our approach. Leading to the conclusion. Or, (and lastly) we Count back 4 in a direction and end up at number one.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 7/16/2009 12:22:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
7/16/2009 13:16:48   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Just Great I will War with this for hours.

lol. i'm pretty sure Lkeas got the method right.
I'm looking at the enigma thing now. It's pretty darn complicated.

I'm messing around with the 'key' CRBS, but I dunno if that's right.

Apparently there are a ton of settings that fit a "daily key" which sounds incredibly complicated and which we don't have, I don't think.

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 7/16/2009 13:24:04 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 121
7/16/2009 13:28:52   
tobi728822

Actually Lord, if my hunch is correct i'm pretty sure it is. The key should be CRBUS Because
quote:

5 across: Relevant 6 letters, -e

Cerebus
-e's
equals

Cerebus
6 letters, subtract the e's and you get 5 letters
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 122
7/16/2009 13:47:32   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

makes perfect sense to me. Because you subtract the e's out of cerebus and you have c.r.b.u.s. one two three four five.

Good thinking there fellow cryptonaughts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
7/16/2009 14:03:04   
Lord Asrius

So all we need is to use CRBUS as an enigma key?
AQ DF  Post #: 124
7/16/2009 14:46:40   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

That's pretty much the concept, yes asrius.
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Final Mystery part II
Page 5 of 11«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition