Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Riddle Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/25/2010 23:52:33   
Age100

@Ep: No,
spoiler:

999/9 Well, it's more like 99 9/9. Like a fraction? 9/9 is a fraction, and is equal to 1, and 1 + 99 equals 100.
AQ DF  Post #: 276
11/9/2010 6:27:28   
Sir Nicholas

^ Episteme-

spoiler:

There isn't a lawn gnome. You never mentioned one.

How true is it when I lie by saying everything I say is a lie?

spoiler:

It isn't. Its a paradox.

< Message edited by Sir Nicholas -- 11/9/2010 6:29:09 >
AQ  Post #: 277
11/12/2010 4:27:26   
Strebor

How many REAL men does it take to change a lightbulb?

spoiler:

None. Real men aren't afraid of the dark.

I have two dollars. Johnny has eight dollars. If I take Johnny's eight dollars, what have we got between us?

spoiler:

A fight!

How many C++ Gurus does it take to change a lightbulb?

spoiler:

You're still thinking procedurally. A properly designed lightbulb object would inherit a change method from a generic lightbulb class, so all you'd have to do, is to send a lightbulb change message.

How many fishermen does it take to change a lightbulb ?

spoiler:

Five. And You should have seen the bulb, it must have been THIS big.
Post #: 278
11/13/2010 22:21:06   
~Numbers~

A fisherman is done fishing for the day, and is to tired to walk home, and wishes to ride the bus home, well he cant board the bus because it has a 5' limit and his pole is 5'1" he goes back into town buys something and is then allowed acces on the bus
spoiler:

he buys a 5' box and puts the pole in diagonally which gives him a few inches room
Post #: 279
11/15/2010 14:36:35   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

I found this elsewhere on the internet. It isn't so much a riddle as a math problem, but here it is anyway.

Eiko has a math problem she can't solve, but she's narrowed it down to two choices. And luckily for her, she has two coins in her pocket. She takes one of the coins and flips it. However, what she doesn't realize is that one of the coins in her pocket is Ika Musume's "double headed" coin, in which both sides of the coin are heads (the other coin is a fair coin with both a heads and tails side). If Eiko lands a head, what is the probability that the coin is Ika Musume's (i.e. the other side of the coin is heads)?
spoiler:

2/3. This problem is a perfect demonstration of the nature of conditional probability. With 2 coins, one with two heads, there are four possible outcomes to flipping one of them.
1. Picks Ika's coin, lands on one of the heads sides
2. Picks Ika's coin, lands on the other heads side
3. Picks her own coin, lands on heads
4. Picks her own coin, lands on tails
However, we are given the initial condition that the coin lands on heads, which eliminates the fourth possibility. Probability is defined (loosely) by (occurrence of a certain outcome)/(number of possible outcomes). Since there are two possible outcomes that result in the coin being Ika's out of three possible outcomes (given the condition of heads), the probability of the coin being Ika's is 2/3.
AQ AQW  Post #: 280
11/15/2010 16:54:18   
Skurge
The Dealer

This is one of my favorite riddles, we spent hours figuring it out in Math class (Not sure why in Math, but who cares).
Here it is. >A man is pushing a car, when he reaches the hotel he realizes he's lost a lot of money (This can be in the thousands)<
What happened to this man?

Here are some hints which might narrow it
- It could happen to anyone of any age..
- It doesn't involve gambling of any sort.
- This has probably happened to everyone, including you!

Wanna know?

spoiler:

The man was playing Monopoly, when his piece (In this case a car..) reached the other players hotel he owed him alot of money!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 281
11/15/2010 19:15:15   
Shreder

I've figured that one out before Scherzo...

spoiler:

It's a game of Monopoly.
DF MQ  Post #: 282
11/22/2010 2:12:10   
The Harukyuba Bros.

Here's one that's kinda tricky...

You bake an apple pie and cut it into twelve slices. If Ezio Auditore eats 1/4 of the pie, The Harukyuba Bros. eats 1/3 of the pie, and Ashluv eats 1/6 of the pie, how do you spell the baker's username?

spoiler:

Surely you know how to spell your own username, right? Don't worry, this one was meant to try and trip you up!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 283
11/22/2010 2:28:04   
Shreder

^Too easy...

spoiler:

If I bake the pie, then the baker's username will be my username, Shreder

Here's a good one:

You have been locked in a high security room and the door locked from the outside. The only thing in the room is a table, welded to the floor so as to be unmovable. On the table are ten bottles of pills and a digital scale. There is also a note, which reads as follows: "Greetings, test subject. The pills in nine of the bottles contain a poison that will kill you in seconds. while one bottle will teleport you out of the room. There are ten pills in each bottle. The only difference between the poison pills and the teleporter pills is that the poison ones weigh 1 gram each, while the teleporter ones weigh 1.1 grams. The digital scale will only work once, and then deactivate automatically. Good luck."

spoiler:

You take one pill from the first bottle, two from the second, three from the third and so on and weigh them. The decimal from the answer (because the teleporter pills weigh 1.1 grams each) will tell you which bottle has the teleporter pills.
DF MQ  Post #: 284
11/22/2010 11:59:33   
Alpha Atom

@Episteme

spoiler:

Lawn gnomes are more than one colour, or there just isn't one at all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 285
11/22/2010 12:08:17   
SamsonTheGreat

there was 4 houses blue house,red house,yellow house, and green house.the blue house was made of blue bricks and the red house out of red bricks and yeloow out of yelow bricks, what was the greenhouse made of?
spoiler:

Greenhouse? ALL ONE WORD

what is as big as an elephant but as light as a feather?
spoiler:

SWOOSH

< Message edited by SamsonTheGreat -- 11/22/2010 12:09:05 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 286
11/22/2010 12:35:31   
The Harukyuba Bros.

@Samson (your first one):

spoiler:

Greenhouses are made of glass!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 287
11/22/2010 19:37:09   
MonsterMike9000

Chuck Norris has 5 dollars and YOU have 5 dollars.

Who has more money?

spoiler:

Chuck Norris.
AQ  Post #: 288
12/6/2010 18:48:09   
xDanix

You were sitting in a room with a table and a mirror. The room was sealed with three foot cement walls. How do you escape before you suffocate?

spoiler:

You look in the mirror, and saw what you saw. You took the saw, sawed the table in half, and two halves made a whole so you crawled out the hole and escaped.
Post #: 289
12/14/2010 21:54:34   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

My-my, quite a few riddles here... Pity there is a lack of rhyming and/or poetic riddles. I suppose I will add a few

From the beginning of this riddle to the very last
You will not find me in what has past.
Just search for the answer, It’s not quite so hard
Show that keen zeal for playing your part.

spoiler:

I will put the spoilers should anyone be interested in trying these riddles. No one has up to know.

I have teeth, but do not eat
I have a body, yet not a soul
I go on a ring, yet am not a gem
I am never the same as my brethren.
Who am
I?

spoiler:

I will put the spoilers should anyone be interested in trying these riddles. No one has up to know.

Black I am and much admired,
Men seek me until they're tired.
When they find me, they break my head,
And take from me my resting bed.
Who am
I?

spoiler:

The slender princess had but one eye,
And a long tail which she let fly;
And every time she went through a gap,
A bit of her tail she left in a trap.
Who is she?

spoiler:

< Message edited by Elryn -- 2/23/2012 21:30:37 >
AQ  Post #: 290
12/15/2010 18:03:41   
idkaname

Ok I'm not sure if I or anyone has said this yet but...........

You're sitting in a room with no windows,no doors,no air ducts,no nothing.
All you have in there is some wood,a power saw,some baseballs,and a friend. How do you get out?

spoiler:

You use the wood and the power saw to make a baseball bat,tell your friend to throw the baseballs at you,three strikes and you're out

< Message edited by idkaname -- 12/24/2010 14:11:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 291
12/15/2010 20:14:19   
yeadudes

@Idkaname

spoiler:

Use the power saw to cut the wood and create a passageway. Then your friend throws the baseballs at the wall in an attempt to penetrate them. You crawl through the passageway with your friend behind you and get out.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 292
12/17/2010 20:25:01   
idkaname

Wrong! You need to think more simple.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 293
12/18/2010 0:18:42   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

Dunno if it's been done yet, but:

A man is running. He is afraid to go home because the man in the mask was there.

What is happening and what is he afraid of?

spoiler:

They are playing Baseball, and the man in the mask, (the umpire) had the ball. He is at home plate.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 294
12/20/2010 23:31:15   
idkaname

Edge@

He really hates the movie The Man in the Mask(yeah I know it's horrible but it's the best I can come up with.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 295
12/20/2010 23:32:47   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

Nope! Please Try again soon
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 296
12/20/2010 23:34:59   
idkaname

Jason Voorhes(a man in a mask) has taken residence in his house?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 297
12/20/2010 23:44:59   
Wxo

@ The Harukyuba Bros.

I swear I felt really stupid when I read the answer. I got so caught up with the fractions that I predicted the question had was smashed with a random one. DX
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 298
12/21/2010 0:06:34   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

@idkaname
You're thinking too simply. Try thinking outside the box. He doesn't want to go home. Man in the mask. You can do it!

< Message edited by Edgemaster Scion -- 12/21/2010 0:07:04 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 299
12/21/2010 0:16:37   
idkaname

Well the third time's the charm.

The man in playing baseball and there's a player in a mask that's at home base that's has the ball that will get him out if he comes toward home base? (If I get this wrong then I'm gonna spend an hour thinking about this)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition