Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Riddle Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 13 of 17«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2010 0:29:03   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

Eheh, and so it is. Good job, man.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 301
12/21/2010 0:30:54   
idkaname

Yay now I can look at the spoiler.

EDIT: Realized my answer was not completely right,it was an umpire that wore a mask.

< Message edited by idkaname -- 12/21/2010 0:31:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 302
12/21/2010 21:32:50   
Dragonman

Heres one you wake up in a pod on the planet Venus. a communicator says you may stay for a year and get 2000000$ for staying or a day and get 1000000$ for staying. You will have food to survive if you pick the year. Whhich is a better deal?

spoiler:

pick the year a day on venus is longer than a year on venus, and you would die of starvation
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 303
12/23/2010 13:20:04   
Pink

quote:

You're sitting in a room with no windows,no doors,no air ducts,no nothing.
All you have in there is some wood,a power saw,some baseballs,and a friend. How do you get out?

You can't because you die?
I was thinking no gravity then I realized no oxygen...
Post #: 304
12/23/2010 14:56:37   
idkaname

Nope! Think about baseball,that'll help you.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 305
12/23/2010 18:21:42   
Kaizoku

quote:

You're sitting in a room with no windows,no doors,no air ducts,no nothing.
All you have in there is some wood,a power saw,some baseballs,and a friend. How do you get out?

Easy. You stop imagining.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 306
12/23/2010 19:04:00   
Superemo
Constructive!

Take the saw to the wood and make two bats. Have your friend throw the baseballs at you, and don't hit any of them. Three strikes, and you're out. Then, repeat, with you pitching, to get him out.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 307
12/23/2010 21:46:19   
Pink

@Superemo:
Ah, wordplay! My favourite!
I wish I thought of that O.e
Post #: 308
12/24/2010 3:45:40   
Silver Xoven

Well, I'll try this one. This is somewhat an "opinion" one, but there is a correct answer. And yes, this was in a Bruce Willis movie.

You are in the middle of a tornado. With you, there are the neighbour's old grandma who has never done anything bad to you (except overfed you wit' COOKEZZ!), your best friend who saved your ass life in a war, and the girl of your dreams. You also have a car which has the driver's seat and the shotgun seat. Which one of those three people would you take with you out of the tornado, and who leave in the tornado to die?

spoiler:

You'd give the car to your best friend who'd drive the old lady out of there. Then you'd be with the girl of your dreams, and then you wake up, because she was the girl of your dreams.
DF  Post #: 309
12/24/2010 14:09:18   
idkaname

quote:

Take the saw to the wood and make two bats. Have your friend throw the baseballs at you, and don't hit any of them. Three strikes, and you're out. Then, repeat, with you pitching, to get him out.

Yep,you're right. Good job.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 310
12/24/2010 21:44:11   
yeadudes

@Silver Xoven

Um... she's the girl of your DREAMS, so.. she's not (real?). So, you can't leave the dear old lady. Plus, you can trust your best friend. So give your car (kind of reasonable, but also unreasonable) to your friend, and let him take the elderly lady somewhere safe. Then you could be there with "the girl of your dreams" (basically yourself). Maybe you could get saved by your friend if he has enough time to come back.

@Dragonman66

Erm... tough one. I looked it up, and a day on Venus is longer than a year. So I'd stay on Venus for a year. But question is... do I even have food, clothes, etc. in the Pod?

A riddle:

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said "twelve." The member replied "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said "six." The member replied "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said "ten" and the man replied "five." but he was not let in. What should have he said?

spoiler:

Three. The doorman lets in those who answer with the number of letters in the word the doorman says.

The second one:

A young man walks through the forest. He came to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large man carrying an axe.
The man says, "If you want to cross this bridge, you must tell me a statement. If I think the statement is true, you will be strangled to death. If I say the statement is false, your head will be chopped off."
A few minutes later, the young man walked over the bridge, while the larger man stood pondering.

What was the statement the young man had given?

spoiler:

The man said, "My head will be chopped off."
If the man said the statement was false, the young man's head would be chopped off, making the statement true. If the man said the statement was true, the young man would be strangled to death, thus making it false.

@Below
Which riddle? 1 or 2?

< Message edited by yeadudes -- 12/26/2010 13:41:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 311
12/25/2010 9:14:58   
Silver Xoven

yeadudes - Close, VERY close, but the ending is a teeny tiny wrong.
DF  Post #: 312
1/2/2011 14:12:01   
flare2831

There are two villages. One village tells all truths, and one village tells all lies. A man is trying to get to the village of truths. He meets a person that is from one of the villages. What does he have to ask to get to the village of truths?
spoiler:

He must ask," Can you point me to your village?" If the person is from the village of truths, he points to the village of truths. If the person is from the village of lies, he also points to the village of truths.

There is a bridge from an island to Africa. A man needs to go to Africa, but a guard stands in the middle. If he catches anybody going from Africa to the island or the island to Africa, he will send them back to where the came from. One day, the guard has to leave for thirty seconds. It takes one minute to get across the bridge. What should the man do to get across?
spoiler:

He should run to Africa for a little, but then turn around and run to the island just before the guard comes. The guard catches him running to the island, and thinks he comes from Africa, so he sends him to Africa.

@yeadudes: Oh I know this one! He says his head will be chopped. If he gets strangled, then that would be a lie, meaning his head would have to be chopped. If he gets his head chopped off, that would be a truth, meaning he would get strangled.

< Message edited by flare2831 -- 1/2/2011 18:22:00 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 313
1/9/2011 20:12:47   
Kosefira

I have two friends: One who lives north of me and one who lives south. Because I can never decide who I want to visit, I often just walk to the train station at a random time and catch the first train that arrives. My local train station only has two trains, northbound and southbound, and each one arrives at 10 minute intervals.
But I find that I'm visiting my friend who lives up north a lot more; pretty much 4 times as much as my friend who lives south of me. I always leave the house at a random time, so how is this possible? And no, it has nothing to do with luck.

spoiler:

The first northbound train arrives at 5:08 every morning, then every 10 minutes after that. The first southbound arrives at 5:00, then every 10 minutes after that. That means at there is a greater chance that I'll catch the northbound trains since for every 10 minutes there are 8 minutes where I'll catch the northbound train, but only two minutes where I'll catch the southbound train.

A bus is taking a group of kids to a local museum about 3 minutes away. As soon as the bus starts driving, the kids start singing '100 bottles of beer on the wall' at a speed of precisely 100 bpm. When the bus drives arrives at the museum, how many bottles of beer are on the wall?

spoiler:

1 verse of '100 bottles of beer on the wall' is 16 beats. That makes the complete song 1600 beats long. At 100bpm, it takes 16 minutes to sing.
After 3 minutes, 300 beats would have passed. This is 18 complete verses, meaning that the current verse would have started with '82 bottles of beer on the wall'. At the end of the 300 beats, the children would have just finished singing 'you take one down and pass it around', meaning there would be 81 bottles of beer on the wall when the bus arrived.

< Message edited by Kosefira -- 1/9/2011 20:35:41 >
Post #: 314
2/2/2011 3:30:01   
MonsterMike9000

If a duck says "All pillows are liars", is the duck telling the truth?

spoiler:

ducks cant talk
AQ  Post #: 315
2/2/2011 6:48:10   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

That would be more of a joke than a riddle.

< Message edited by Elryn -- 2/23/2012 21:29:54 >
AQ  Post #: 316
2/17/2011 6:51:24   
nield
Creative!

There is a house. All four walls face north and a bear walks past. what colour is the bear?

spoiler:

There are no bears at the South pole
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 317
3/13/2011 15:56:38   
Shadow Serpent

Which word becomes shorter even if you add 2 more letters (er) to it?
spoiler:

Shorter, duh XD

From which 7 letter word, if you take out four letters, you will have one left?
spoiler:

Someone

< Message edited by Shadow Serpent -- 3/26/2011 8:02:12 >
Post #: 318
3/15/2011 11:17:32   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

You've found the secret OOC cake vault! In order to claim your reward, you must enter a five number code. Written on the wall is this clue.

"The code will make the following statement true:
1 appears ___ times
2 appears ___ times
3 appears ___ times
4 appears ___ times
5 appears ___ times."

spoiler:

3, 2, 3, 1, 1
AQ AQW  Post #: 319
3/25/2011 6:30:38   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

The maker doesn't want it. The buyer doesn't use it. The user doesn't see it. What is it?

spoiler:

A coffin
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 320
3/25/2011 6:34:30   
nield
Creative!

@Wildroses: I do believe that is a grave. *Checks answer* Close enough.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 321
3/30/2011 14:15:42   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

Time to revive this thread. Here is an easy one :

Runs smoother than any rhyme,
Loves to fall but cannot climb.
What is it?
spoiler:

Water

< Message edited by Elryn -- 2/23/2012 21:41:45 >
AQ  Post #: 322
3/30/2011 14:40:35   
Fish

@Elryn Water
AQW  Post #: 323
3/30/2011 17:26:49   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

Well done Fish. I will give you another one shortly.

In the eyes it causes blindness,
In the nose just a sneeze;
Yet some suck this down,
And act as if pleased.
What is it?

< Message edited by Elryn -- 2/23/2012 21:41:59 >
AQ  Post #: 324
3/30/2011 17:40:21   
Fish

Pepper.
AQW  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 13 of 17«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition