Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Riddle Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
Page 8 of 17«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/16/2009 21:02:14   
xxDestroyer_of_Lightxx

Short legs, bandy thigs, a little head, and no eyes who am i? pm me with answer
AQ MQ  Post #: 176
11/12/2009 20:42:11   
xero 7651286

what do the "HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD" ads mean?

spoiler:

there's a soccer ball headed for your face
DF  Post #: 177
11/13/2009 0:27:02   
4_worlds_in_one

you walk into a room
you turn around and there is no door
there are no windows
how is it possible?

spoiler:

the room has an arch entrance
DF MQ  Post #: 178
11/21/2009 0:51:40   
savethepenguins2009

Ok here's a funny riddle I found while "surfing" the web: Ok so a visitor goes to a madhouse to ask the Director what the standards are for a normal person.

"Here's how it goes", starts the Director," we fill up a bathtub and offer the patient a teaspoon, a bucket and a teacup. We then ask the patient to empty the bathtub".

So.. Would you use a) the spoon b) the bucket or c) the cup?

"Oh I get it", responds the visitor, "a normal person would use a bucket as it is larger than a spoon and a cup".

What did the Director say?

spoiler:

He said:"No, a normal person would pull the plug".

<<< This riddle came from this web: Braingle. To avoid plagiarism, I used my own words.>>>
DF MQ  Post #: 179
11/22/2009 22:17:44   
BobbyBerserker

There is a man found alive in a tree beside the lakeshore in northern Ontario after the remains of a forest fire. He is soaking wet and in a bathing suit. He did not climb up the tree. How did he get there?

spoiler:

He was swimming in a the lake before the fire. When he saw the fire he swam for shore to escape before the fire engulfed the lake. He didn't make it to shore but a waterbombing plane scooped him up along with the water he was swimming in and dumped him on the fire. he landed in the tree.

Pretty simple.

@save the penguins.

i dont know what the director said but I would just pull the plug.

< Message edited by BobbyBerserker -- 11/22/2009 22:19:25 >
DF MQ  Post #: 180
11/22/2009 22:58:08   
Shreder

^That is such an overused riddle, although in most versions it is a scuba diver not a swimmer.

spoiler:

He was sucked up by the planes/helicopters collecting water to dump on the fire.
DF MQ  Post #: 181
11/22/2009 23:15:30   
xxDestroyer_of_Lightxx

A man and his wife are driving really fast along the highway. The car runs out of gas. The man says to his wife that he is going to get help. When he returns he finds his wife dead and a stranger in the car. How did his wife die and who is the stranger.

spoiler:

She died in child birth, the stranger is the man's new kid.

~H13

Sorry, I had to remove the gray color to allow the spoiler tag to hide the answer
~Crimz

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 11/23/2009 3:56:03 >

AQ MQ  Post #: 182
11/23/2009 8:58:19   
zenron the great

Heartless, you missed a part of the riddle out. You were supposed to say that the man locked the doors when going.

Anyway, I have one:

The further you go, the more you leave behind. What is it?

spoiler:

footsteps

< Message edited by zenron the great -- 11/23/2009 9:00:10 >
DF  Post #: 183
11/29/2009 20:39:22   
savethepenguins2009

Here's another cool one...

What kind of key doesn't open doors?

spoiler:

A monkey. Get it? A mon"key"? Hahah...

DF MQ  Post #: 184
11/29/2009 22:32:47   
xero 7651286

/\

easy!
spoiler:

a monkey. not hard.
DF  Post #: 185
12/11/2009 22:06:44   
m415mike

This was probably done already, but I don't have time to check.

I went into the woods and got it.
I sat down to seek it.
I came home because I couldn't find it.
What is it?

spoiler:

A splinter.
Post #: 186
1/14/2010 19:36:12   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

I live without food, stand without leg, wound without force, and am harder to fight than to kill. What am I?

spoiler:

Fire.
AQ  Post #: 187
1/14/2010 20:24:22   
Reaper Sigma

@Weatherseed

spoiler:

A tree
Post #: 188
1/16/2010 5:45:40   
Alpha Atom

A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?

spoiler:

The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.

AQW Epic  Post #: 189
1/24/2010 22:38:50   
Zaier

Brain teaser! XD

A rooster lays an egg on the top of the barn's roof. Which way does the egg roll? Left or right?
spoiler:

Trick question! Roosters dont lay eggs! x)
AQ  Post #: 190
1/25/2010 0:10:44   
seventy two

@Zaier I have heard that one too many times it is obviously neither.

I suck at coming up with riddles but I may edit one in later.
AQ MQ  Post #: 191
1/31/2010 15:33:14   
Nabsol

I warn you. This is an incredibly hard riddle, and is even said to be the Hardest logic puzzle ever.

Three gods A, B, and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are 'da' and 'ja', in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Note:
It could be that some god gets asked more than one question (and hence that some god is not asked any question at all).
What the second question is, and to which god it is put, may depend on the answer to the first question. (And of course similarly for the third question.)
Whether Random speaks truly or not should be thought of as depending on the flip of a coin hidden in his brain: if the coin comes down heads, he speaks truly; if tails, falsely.
Random will answer 'da' or 'ja' when asked any yes-no question.

Solution chart
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 192
1/31/2010 15:54:01   
Superemo
Constructive!

A man builds a house with four walls facing north. He looks out the window and sees a bear. What color is the bear?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 193
2/3/2010 16:18:21   
Alpha Atom

One of the oldest ones in the book >.>

The bear is white.
AQW Epic  Post #: 194
2/3/2010 18:09:05   
Superemo
Constructive!

Wrong. There are no bears at the South Pole.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 195
2/3/2010 19:29:45   
Shreder

I posted this one a few pages back, but no one even tried guessing, so I'm going to re-post it.

A man pushing his car stops in front of a hotel. On arriving there he instantly realizes he is bankrupt. How?

< Message edited by shreder110 -- 2/25/2010 1:00:01 >
DF MQ  Post #: 196
2/13/2010 20:36:01   
Silverapoclypsedemon

quote:

There is a man found alive in a tree beside the lakeshore in northern Ontario after the remains of a forest fire. He is soaking wet and in a bathing suit. He did not climb up the tree. How did he get there?

Different answer that still works:
spoiler:

He got drunk and his friends put him there.

quote:

A man pushing his cars stops in front of a hotel. On arriving there he instantly realizes he is bankrupt. How?

spoiler:

He's pushing his car...

< Message edited by Silverapoclypsedemon -- 2/13/2010 20:37:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 197
2/13/2010 20:39:07   
Shreder

^Wrong.
DF MQ  Post #: 198
2/13/2010 20:53:39   
Silverapoclypsedemon

There are 2 birds beside 2 birds, 2 birds beside those 2 birds, 2 birds behind 2 birds and 2 birds in front of 2 birds.

How many birds?

spoiler:

@above Also, I'm pretty sure it said that you have to put the answer in spoiler tags... Yeah:
quote:

• You may post your riddles in this thread, however, you must also post the solution to the riddle within the same post using spoiler tags. Posts not following this rule can and will be deleted without notification. In order to do this you simply use

• quote:

A man and his wife are driving really fast along the highway. The car runs out of gas. The man says to his wife that he is going to get help. When he returns he finds his wife dead and a stranger in the car. How did his wife die and who is the stranger.

A simple solution:
    Stranger: Serial killer
    Cause of Death: Shot

< Message edited by Silverapoclypsedemon -- 2/13/2010 21:01:13 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 199
    2/13/2010 21:15:43   
    Shreder

Fine. Here is the answer:

spoiler:

He is playing Monopoly, using the car playing piece, and stops in front of someone's hotel to find himself bankrupt.
    DF MQ  Post #: 200
    Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Riddle Thread
    Page 8 of 17«<678910>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition