Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC OOC 2009= Fountain and Cellar Arenas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Fountain and Cellar Arenas
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/19/2009 22:52:33   
Poetic Melody

Okay, sorry for the extra delay, my mom's birthday was yesterday but she decided at the last moment we would celebrate today instead of tomorrow. :p. Posting now.

Posted, huge egos FTW!

< Message edited by jominomer -- 7/19/2009 23:06:15 >
DF  Post #: 76
7/20/2009 1:27:03   
TormentedDragon

@Apocalypse: approximately how much time just passed in your post?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
7/20/2009 10:57:56   
Apocalypse

@TD: Only a few moments. The staff thing was happening right after Angelo sent the wall forward(Grey was moving, taking defensice stance, and talking during this time). Angelo replied to Grey(like a normal dialogue with perhaps the briefest of paused), and then took a couple of steps towards Eli.

I don't think its too confusing, though I was pretty tired when I wrote it so... :p

@Kell: As a note, if Eli did some moving around to avoid the flying wall, then Angelo would be walking towards his current position instead of where the wall went.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 78
7/20/2009 16:02:35   
Shadowy Mist

Jominomer, what happened to me blinding you?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
7/20/2009 16:12:12   
Poetic Melody

Read right past that, editing now.

EDIT: Edited. About how long would the blindness take to wear off?

< Message edited by jominomer -- 7/20/2009 16:20:55 >
DF  Post #: 80
7/20/2009 17:19:54   
Elnaith

So, I'm back and stepping into the fray :)
AQ DF  Post #: 81
7/20/2009 19:20:25   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'll be interested to see how the blind guy deals with a ranged attack from an unexpected direction.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 82
7/20/2009 19:48:16   
Geddesmck

quote:

After all, the Arenas were huge, ancient constructions,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that only apply to the Final's arena? It is my understanding (and I could most certainly be mistaken) that all four of the Dropoff arena's are relatively new constructions, and Fountain in particular changes so often, it's highly likely that apart from perhaps some plumbing, little of the arena will be original.

That said, I'd think cobblestone, being at least somewhat man made, would be harder to manipulate than average stone.

AQ DF  Post #: 83
7/20/2009 20:40:57   
Beebote

Gedd! My apologies for failing to reply for so long, but... uh... There you go! Hopefully that's enough material to get things rolling. Feel free to ask if you need anything clarified.
Post #: 84
7/20/2009 20:41:53   
Shadowy Mist

Jominomer, I'd say about 15 seconds because it hit you right in the eye. Also, sorry, but my post is going to be delayed a while. I don't have time to type it up tonight, so it'll have to wait for tomorrow.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 85
7/20/2009 22:13:35   
Apocalypse

@Geddesmck: In my defense, the stone is only a crude-claw shape-thing.(Forgot what I said in my post, not good)

Apologies to the inconvenience in timing, you know who you are.

@Krey: PM coming to explain.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
7/20/2009 23:02:40   
Krey

There we go, posted.

Appreciate the PM, Apoc.
AQ  Post #: 87
7/21/2009 8:10:24   
Geddesmck

No need to defend yourself Apocalypse, you did state in your bio that stone was easiest for Angelo to shape, my comment about the cobblestone was more about my character than yours. The purpose of my posts up there was to establish that the arena's earth might not be as difficult to manipulate as Kell suggested (as this is obviously also in my own interests).

Bee, I'm working on a reply, although I'm struggling to think of comments to continue this whole 'dance' metaphore. I'm also struggling not to put the words 'cold feet' in there. :)

EDIT:
Posted. The attack with the bag is similar to a large grenade, there'll be a quie a few small but sharp rocks among the soil that could leave some nasty scratches. That said, Zenz's aim or judgment of distance could be way off. However, for a few moments at least, there will be a cloud of dirt and soil blocking Chel and Zenz's view of each other.

As per usual, I'll reply to any questions and fix any mistakes in my post that anyone finds.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/21/2009 8:46:39 >
AQ DF  Post #: 88
7/21/2009 10:53:51   
Elnaith

Okay, posted. Please be sure to read the description of the ability, it's your own thought and you have no notion I implemented it, you can dismiss it (Especially if the thought isn't what your character would think normally) but you give it slightly more weight than you would if the thought normally would have popped up.
AQ DF  Post #: 89
7/21/2009 11:13:06   
Apocalypse

@Geddemsck: Whoops, my bad.

Posted, though I can see a slight problem with timing concerning the arena as a whole. The middle seems to be going by quick, but the outside is going significantly slower. Hopefully we won't run into a real problem regarding that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 90
7/21/2009 11:53:18   
TormentedDragon

So long as people don't start making arena-wide attacks, y'all should be okay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 91
7/21/2009 13:35:16   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

It really just boils down to a sense of posting etiquette and politeness when a "longer run" combat runs into a slower paced "short run" combat pairing. Not to mention not forcing a time-frame tagging via, as TD mentioned, arena-wide attacks. Now certain arena-wide *effects* can get around this somewhat...say a slowly spreading fog or root system for examples...by allowing the "short run" to bring it into play when they feel the timing is more appropriate. This requires more OOC cooperation, and to a degree I'm not seeing as much of as I'd like, but it is worth a mention.
AQ  Post #: 92
7/21/2009 20:43:14   
Elnaith

Shadowy Mist, as to your post, two things:

1.) Did you and jeminomer Commune in PM about the post? Because if not, you bunnied Kylie by hitting her.

2.) My character is holding a rapier and a kukri.
AQ DF  Post #: 93
7/21/2009 20:46:10   
Shadowy Mist

Oh, I did? I'll edit that out then. Done.

< Message edited by Shadowy Mist -- 7/21/2009 20:48:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
7/21/2009 22:00:56   
Apocalypse

As Krey kindly pointed out to me, I forgot to mention the part where Angelo shifted the cobblestone slightly to provide a crack for his Shredder blade to slip in. It is stated here for beneficial purposes to one and all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 95
7/21/2009 22:45:43   
Krey

I's posted.

Two notes.

First, keep in mind that the final line IS conditional. It is not a bunny, but what will happen should Grey succeed.

Second, again in the final line, the twist is enough to snap a normal human's joints (Well, and then some, but that is the reference used). I'd imagine the joints aren't all that much stronger than a normal human's, but I could be wrong. Apocalypse would know better than I, so it is left to his judgement should the attempt succeed.
AQ  Post #: 96
7/22/2009 0:03:47   
Apocalypse

I've posted as well, and I have a couple of notes too.

One, there would be a vibration(completely noticeable) underneath Jon's foot before the spike came up, between a quarter and a half of a second between the two.

Two, so as there is not confusion as to how a spike can be formed from flat ground, the spike would have risen in two stages. First, the top of the spike would be formed by drawing up stone from the base of the cobblestone.(Thus, there is a hollow part at the base of the spike) Then it would have risen the full two inches, with only about an eighth of a second between the rising parts.

Three, yes, the piece of rock that came flying up is still attached to the Shredder on Angelo's left hand.

EDIT: Four, if Jon is running, then the spike would be less accurate, though it would still probably hit somewhere in the foot region, though it might only partially hit.

Well, it's late here, so night to one and all.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 7/22/2009 6:45:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 97
7/22/2009 6:46:06   
Recar Dragonlance

Posted, Morine's talking fighting talk.
DF  Post #: 98
7/22/2009 8:26:52   
Frozt

Posted...

Note: The transformation from Farsith to shadow takes a couple of seconds, while the transformation from shadow to Farsith is done in the blink of an eye.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 99
7/22/2009 10:35:44   
Poetic Melody

Posted, shorter. But it's still a post. I'll try to get some longer one's soon.

Shadowy Mist, your shield goes on until you stop it, right?

< Message edited by jominomer -- 7/22/2009 10:38:41 >
DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Fountain and Cellar Arenas
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition