Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Release is Live!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Release is Live!
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2009 5:16:49   
Raser

Review: WarpGuardian -> Gunner class

Greetings, I'd like to post my review on the WarpGuardian, particularly the Gunner Class.

The WarpGuardian upgrade itself really adds a lot to the game, the new mission and extra items are definitely of good quality.
However, I am very dissapointed in the lack of balance between the Guardian Striker and the Guardian Gunner.

One of my main problems is the special weapon. The Boomerang.
This weapon is lacking in pretty much every aspect.

• The looks are everything except impressive. Being a WarpGuardian I expect to feel 'great', 'powerful' perhaps even heroic. Running around with a Boomerang does not do the trick at all. I expected more of a nice two-handed gun (like the Icon Cannon special from the Armor). Something impressive..
  • The damage is laughable. I do 3 times as much damage with a normal weapon compared to the Boomerang

Secondly, all the bonus abilities granted by the WarpGuardian armor are not beneficial to the Gunner Class at all.
-> Ram attack: Melee Ability, with ranged stats this is a useless ability
-> Power Punch: Melee Ability, with ranged stats this is a useless ability
-> Double Strike: not available while wielding a Gun (which is what Gunners do)
-> Triple Strike: not available while wielding a Gun (which is what Gunners do)
-> Ion Cannon: The damage is not sufficient. Using a normal "Shoot Gun" action does more damage.

And finally,
The special abilities prevent the use of the Gauntlet ability (it doesnt show in the attack menu if you can choose on of the Armor Abilities), which is terrible because the Gauntlet ability is the best of the Ranged Abilities you can perform, however it is blocked a lot of the times because of the total number of special armor abilities (which are all useless as mentioned above).

I really like the game but I am starting to regret making a Gunner Class character into a WarpGuardian. Please consider the above mentioned points and upgrade the 'heroic feeling' and 'gameplay abilities' of the gunner class. Introducing multiple classes into the game is a great idea, but make sure it is worth playing anything else but the Striker class.

Great job on the game itself tho, it really got me hooked.

With Kind Regards,
Raser

< Message edited by Raser -- 7/20/2009 5:22:32 >
AQ  Post #: 276
7/20/2009 5:32:20   
nosey123
Friendly!

Also, the recolor of the warpguardian dragon does separate it from the normal one.
BUT...why are we still hearing the same dialogue, how can he know serlissa? XD
Perhaps a choose the WGD punchline game :p

I also don't like my boomerang btw. XD

But take your time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 277
7/20/2009 5:34:02   
The Great Abraxas

it mught just be me but WF isnt laggy for me it works perfect (besides some bugs like WG helm/item still cant get a head nor a helm after equiping it)

i dont even have to lower the quallity (whitch i have to do in AQ (to medium)
first i thought: well this game MIGHT become better then AQ but now i know it for sure this gonnabe awesome and every month a hugh release is pretty much better for this game cuz you will have alot todo

< Message edited by The Great Abraxas -- 7/20/2009 5:42:42 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 278
7/20/2009 5:36:24   
runer

i really wont to play AQ ATM , but the stupid server cap is blocking me :( , i wont to be a G , but i dont have a CC , and i dont live in the US (although i do have money , but i cant trust mailing companies around here) the worest trouble if i DO become a gaurdian , how on earth will i catch a 5-6 years plot ???!!!!

help here!!!!

(iam lvl 47 or 48 i cant remember for real)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 279
7/20/2009 5:41:07   
Phr0gl3t
Banned

So basically, strikers get a futuristic BoA and gunners get a boomerang... =_=
Man I hate typing on a wii...
AQ DF  Post #: 280
7/20/2009 5:45:32   
runer

yes thats it , anyway how can you type on wii , i cant get on the internet :( , it tells me it needs an update , and it looks so huge i turn of my wii .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 281
7/20/2009 5:46:37   
Sentinox

@Raser

You have a point...walking around with a boomerang...:/

@Phr0gl3t

where did you get that eye thing on warpforce?

< Message edited by Sentinox -- 7/20/2009 5:49:57 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 282
7/20/2009 5:48:00   
Spillkongen96

My guardian armor can use gauntlet.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 283
7/20/2009 5:48:35   
runer

quote:

...walking around with a boomerang...:/

whats so bad about that , anyway , can anyone provide me a pic of the boomerang ???
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 284
7/20/2009 5:52:30   
The Great Abraxas

i can prob imangine how it looks like (laser blades with a technic aspect in the "hilt"

(btw gonna use the same built as in aq (training str,end,dex im a striker)

< Message edited by The Great Abraxas -- 7/20/2009 5:53:19 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 285
7/20/2009 5:53:24   
Spillkongen96

A lot of ppl thinks the boomerang sucks. I am striker, so i don't know how bad it is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 286
7/20/2009 5:57:31   
gems360

I agree with runer, can anyone supply a picture of said boomerang?

[image]http://i45.tinypic.com/2zodukl.com[/image]
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 287
7/20/2009 5:57:37   
runer

ahhh anyway can anyone give me some tips about this problem ?? :

quote:

i really wont to play AQ ATM , but the stupid server cap is blocking me :( , i wont to be a G , but i dont have a CC , and i dont live in the US (although i do have money , but i cant trust mailing companies around here) the worest trouble if i DO become a gaurdian , how on earth will i catch a 5-6 years plot ???!!!!

help here!!!!

(iam lvl 47 or 48 i cant remember for real)

i would appreciate it for real .

-R|N
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 288
7/20/2009 5:59:50   
The Great Abraxas

runer: well there are some things you can use:
buying with credit card, PayByCash (multiple options) an Ideal (if that is an option) its for all country's and little xtra cash to pay for the options (1 USD or 1 euro in my case)

btw you really havent played it much did you (lol)?

< Message edited by The Great Abraxas -- 7/20/2009 6:01:55 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 289
7/20/2009 6:00:38   
Phr0gl3t
Banned

@sent: it's a hairstyle.
I still hate typing on the wii....
AQ DF  Post #: 290
7/20/2009 6:01:50   
runer

erm i did mention :

i dont have a credit card , PBC is not available here i think / and even if it is it ll cost hell lot of money from here :( , any other options ??
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 291
7/20/2009 6:03:32   
gems360

@runer are upgrade cards available where you are? if so then...ya...wait till u can use it :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 292
7/20/2009 6:05:00   
The Great Abraxas

runer: well do you have a normal card (i have a ABN Amro card whitch i can use to buy) and i dont know what kind of money in ur country use but you might just have to check it before you actually make they payment you see how much it costs just look at it
AQ AQW  Post #: 293
7/20/2009 6:09:54   
runer

gems360 : as i mentioned before , no .
TGA : sorry , what is that card ??
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 294
7/20/2009 6:10:16   
Spillkongen96

I used paypal to upgrade my character
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 295
7/20/2009 6:11:59   
runer

i need a credit card .... etc to make an paypal , and i dont have that :(

btw just checked how much the PBC cost here , i can upgrade around 1.5 account to mems in game in that price (it cost 30$ ....... for one game thats much , and that exclude the fee the western union agent take .....)

< Message edited by runer -- 7/20/2009 6:15:27 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 296
7/20/2009 6:14:23   
Spillkongen96

Ask your parents
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 297
7/20/2009 6:16:47   
runer

well i wont a credit card , but my parents dont own one ..... it cost a lot to make one around here + the are afraid of hackers ( they do know AE is safe , but who knows who might hack you , ..... etc)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 298
7/20/2009 6:18:05   
Spillkongen96

My parents is very afraid of hackers too, thats why we use paypal. It's safe
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 299
7/20/2009 6:20:33   
runer

erm i need a credit card to make a paypal , which is something we dont have , its not like we are poor , we are normal , but ehm they kinda hate for me to spend more time in games more than studing espically that my school sucks , but its the only one that have the IG program here ,and with IG next year , me + playing = screwed up

any other thoughts?

< Message edited by runer -- 7/20/2009 6:27:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Release is Live!
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition