Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 2 of 11«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2009 18:36:17   
Necrotix

WF is a great new game,I actually think its better than AQ
Post #: 26
7/23/2009 18:38:16   
pyromanca

so far its pretty good but its strange to see a complete contrast in enemy art, for instance protus symbiote looks
pretty nice but other enemies (like the goo) look like they were recycled out of the beggining of adventure quest,
still i AM enjoying it :)

DF MQ  Post #: 27
7/23/2009 18:47:18   
Other_Guy_27

quote:

The WG triple is 3 hits of 1/3 damage; Double is 2 hits of 1/2 damage; Single is 1 hit of full damage. This is because there are other attacks on teh menu - we don't want to encourage you to never use Single, or to always use Triple - and yet, there has to be at least one "just attack" button on each menu, so that there is something that doesn't cost either SP or EP - otherwise, you could get stuck.

The trouble is there's too many separate menus. I propose 2 menus be used instead of 3 and we just chop off single strike. Menu 1 would probably consist of double and the accurate and powerful attack and menu 2 would probably consist of triple, cannon, and gauntlet.

to look at it another way I'll break it down into what attacks we have:

1. A normal attack, sometimes divided into 2 or 3 hits

2. An accurate attack

3. A powerful attack

4. A guantlet blast

5. An energy gun attack which is useless to strikers due to lack of stat damage and useless to gunners who have energy weapons (this should probably be replaced with a weapon throw or removed)

We could even make it a single menu and have one normal attack which is randomly a single, double, or triple strike.

< Message edited by The_Other_Guy_27 -- 7/23/2009 19:02:35 >
AQ DF  Post #: 28
7/23/2009 18:50:45   
Nightly

The_Other_Guy_27

There are some people that prefer different things. I know I prefer the single hit and the guantlet hit. I have yet to use any of the other attacks. No matter what you propose you're going to have some opposition to your plan. Taking away one menu wont really affect much.

Personally, I dont see the point.
Post #: 29
7/23/2009 22:54:38   
  Vivi
Outsmarting Bugs

A small addendum to the rules for this thread: If you want to discuss the feedback somebody leaves with them, please do so in a PM instead of posting about it. The enthusiasm is appreciated but this will make it easier to find relevant feedback without having to wade through various discussion posts.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
7/23/2009 23:49:57   
xaayer

Love the new game. Best one yet.
Would be nice to have team-ups. Call in your AQ character since it is an expansion.
The items are nice even though there are not very many yet.
I have fought two symbiotes in the game and really liked the idea of the Protus Symbiote. Before even fighting the symbiote version, I had the idea in my head that it was a possibility after fighting the ooze form. Would be nice to include a side quest to get that summon ability for that armor.
WG armor looks stellar and the sword is really cool. But I wish you could custom the hilt like the armor (Black and blue armor with grey and gold sword doesn't look too spiffy) If there is a way to change the color, someone tell me.
Would also be nice to be able to take helms off.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 31
7/24/2009 0:12:17   
Raven Star

Manged to sign up using Raven Star with and extra space in between. Seems my name got taken,oh well,the advantages of being a member lol, still, got it anyway. Um ... ... is it me or do the females characters look butch. I'm sure I clicked female, lol.

So from what I have been hearing from members, I do agree, that this game does remind me of AQ. Signed my younger brother up (of course, sigh), he loves it. The bonus is I don't have to watch over him like I do at AQW when he is on chat servers.

Curious to see what levels other players are. Interesting. Me, proud to be level 1
AQW  Post #: 32
7/24/2009 1:20:31   
Alpha Lord

Not much problems with every things since it is still the beta.
only thing that troubled me is the stats.
when can we untrain them?
Post #: 33
7/24/2009 1:36:17   
Necrotix

We can't as of yet,but I hope so soon.I want to undo my intellect and Endurance training.This is much better than AQ,quests are better it revolves around basaically the same storyline but its easy to follow and weapons are really good.Plus I got beta items!
Post #: 34
7/24/2009 2:34:58   
Raser

Greetings,

I personally love the game, I started playing AQ 5 years and always loved the game. However, after a break for about a year of playing I was so far behind, the storyline and adventures where overwelming.
Now with the new WF I can start all over. The stories are fun and interesting, the humor brilliant and enough variety to keep me playing on and on.

So far I am only concerned about the 'epic feeling' of your hero. Where as the cutscenes and NPC's dialogs always give you the feeling that you are THE one remaining hero. fighting with a boomerang or water pistol is not giving me that epic feeling. The gauntlet idea however is a perfect example of what epic feeling means. Standing there with a powered glove, unleashing massive destruction upon your enemy is priceless.

I think the weapons/shops and items are diverse enough for a first release and I am looking forward to the upcoming upgrades (also story wise :P). Prices are good, altough somewhat low at times.

The difference between a striker and gunner class is a good idea, but I am worried that one of the two (striker) ends up being far more powerful then the gunner.
Finally, after I upgraded my character to WarpGuardian I was pleased with the amount of extra content and options I was getting, however the owh so important weapon that will level up with you, the weapon that you will carry around for ever turned out to be a boomerang... That was not really what I expected. I was looking forward to a massive gun with immense blasting capability, I must say I am quite disappointed in the boomerang option. I also wrote a full review of the WarpGuardian Gunner here:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16358318&mpage=12&key=�

All in all a great game, and I am looking forward to the updates and hopefully a bit more epic feeling.

< Message edited by Raser -- 7/24/2009 2:36:31 >
AQ  Post #: 35
7/24/2009 2:45:46   
LightYagami

I love the new concept, but I think you should give an accuracy bonus for gunners using guns and strikers using melee weapons. This will allow more balance between the classes.
AQ  Post #: 36
7/24/2009 3:00:37   
darkforcebomber1

Warpforce is doing GREAT so far and i cant wait to see this develope even more!!
<Insert comment on how AWESOME WarpForce is>
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
7/24/2009 3:12:08   
Necrotix

Raser:Thats fair enough,WF is a good game.But when AE created WG boomerang,I think they were expecting something better.The artwork is something to be questioned,the damage isn't so great and the only skill (So I've heard because I'm WG striker) is WG dragon.But overall this game is so far extremely succesful.Gunners are actually quite underpowered considering most of the weapons are melee though.
The releases are fantastic and even though the background graphics on battles are just recycled,the battles themselves are phenomenal and the AI is terrific.The new battle menu looks more Spacish,but is harder to navigate around,but still its good that the attack menu got an upgrade.
The Warpguardians haven't gotten alot of releases quest wise but still the game is extremely good.Its nice that Lkeas got her own NPC as well.There are a lot of quests so far even though its only the first few weeks from Beta,so I would say the AE team worked really hard to get a good release to the public.Warpguardians have a lot more access to the game and its good that the AE team has finally let us get a discount because we helped in other games.

The token weapons,pets and armors are extremely overpowered though.
For some strange reason even though my Dex is 25 and Str is 50 I do more Ranged damage if I'm throwing a weapon.Say I do 24 damage melee,then I throw the weapon at the enemy that does 64 damage.But then again I'm using Token tech so its overpowered for a reason.

I think WF is more interesting than AQ because WF has new interesting plotline and better weapons,new enemies to face and New friends to meet.WF is an interesting game that has lots of possibilities and AE team has done good in creating WF.
Post #: 38
7/24/2009 5:36:28   
weirdguy

Self quote again:

quote:

Rundown of specials:

Triple boomerang strike: deals zeros right now. Won't count it against them until they fix it.
Triple laser shot: actually works. Sort of like a gauntlet blast. Deals about as much damage as I do normally with another gun. with a gauntlet blast. No SP cost though.
HP Steal: Hits for a pathetic five damage. Heals half as much. If it heals at all, I think it's also glitched or something.
MP Steal: See HP steal.
Warpguardian Dragon: Hits somewhere between 40 to 70 damage (I've gotten hits at both of those levels). It's good, but appears too infrequently to make up for the abysmal normal attack. I can deal this much in two to four turns with a normal weapon. weapon tossing or knee smash, pick one.
Warpguardian Dragon Jr: Hits as much as a normal attack from one of my other weapons.
Death: Hardly ever happens. Trumps every attack known to man though. Has a tendency to happen when you don't need it, but who doesn't want it?

My prognosis is that until the normal attack is brought up to speed with my other fancy guns, I'll be using it to play pranks on space monkeys.

Although the edits are in green, my opinion still stands. It's only become slightly more viable since the other guns got readjusted back to normal. I can't take on more than two Exo foes at a time without a heal.....which is convenient because that quest gives you the heal after each two fights, but at the same time I'd like to know when I can survive longer than that without potions if it comes down to that later on.

Which it will if you decide to pit us against the same PUMPED double wielding insect guards (on that one planet with the two insect races at odds with each other) at level 90 like the ones in AQ. Those things hurt.

< Message edited by weirdguy -- 7/24/2009 5:38:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
7/24/2009 7:17:02   
necrolich66

it's not a suggestion but WF need more of sme things we have in AQ
an un-trainer
a class change(whant to be striker)
a WG blade change(don't whant the boomerang)
a Z-token shop that will be a benefit for the staff
and maybe more
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
7/24/2009 7:20:31   
Necrotix

I think a lot of people have asked this,I think they're working on this already.
Post #: 41
7/24/2009 7:29:05   
necrolich66

and we need maybe magic weps
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
7/24/2009 7:37:43   
BlueKatz

Great, few point isn't good (like MAGIC...)but I'm playing now (I don't play AQ alot)
But... what the blue line near the attack button?
Edit: It's the quick spell icon

< Message edited by BlueKatz -- 7/24/2009 7:42:10 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
7/24/2009 8:24:25   
necrolich66

spell yes but no wep
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
7/24/2009 8:26:54   
BlueKatz

OMG, the trainer is too hard (waste time, not hard, but that's train )
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
7/24/2009 14:23:51   
Zephyr_Chronum

The game is great! I especially like the Battle Interface, it adds a more WarpForce-ish theme to it. Great job guys!
AQ  Post #: 46
7/24/2009 14:25:33   
moneybags
More than a Game

I'm loving this game! I just upgraded yesterday, and I can't wait for Ballyhoo! :D
Epic  Post #: 47
7/24/2009 15:27:59   
flamingcats

It is a great game, but is to much like Adventure Quest. Sure you change the setting and added the new races and classes to choose from, but it doesn't seperate the two games far enough for me to see the Warp Force as its own
AQ  Post #: 48
7/24/2009 18:27:03   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

Magic weapons aren't really neccesary. If you train DEX, a Gun is the same as a Magic weapon would be to an INT/DEX character; if you do not train DEX, it has slightly lower BtH than a Magic weapon.

This doesn't mean Magic weapons will never exist - but they are likely to be very rare.

We're looking at changing out the Boomerang for something with a little more BOOM.

All of the boomerang specials except for Guardian Dragon and Death 2.0 were mucked up - you may want to check out the weapon again if you are remembering why they were doing 0 damage.

Z-Token items ... yeah. They're powerful. The minimum Z-Token item possible is Power Level 15 - it would be Level 0 Z and cost 100 Z-Tokens - I don't think we actually have any that weak ingame. The next step up is a Power Level 20 item ... also Level 0Z, for 300 Tokens you can get an item that is the current WG level cap (and I believe we do have one of these). If you want something more powerful yet, there are also Level 0Z items that are Power Level 40 (double the current level cap). They cost 500 Z-Tokens.

After Power Level 40, the items will be higher level than L0Z.

So yes, low-level Z-Token items are REALLY powerful. They're designed to give you a jumpstart if what you want to do is breeze though the monsters :-)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
7/25/2009 4:27:14   
vulture

Gameplay is great. This is only a matter of opinion, but I think that fights area bit to long. Now long fights were you have no idea what the outcome will be are fine. Unfortunately to many times I have had long boring fights. Example: I do 5 damage. enemy does 2 damage. Enemy has 200 health. Perhaps if you and your enemies has more skills to use. Attack, throw and gauntlet get tiresome. Most enemies have just 2 attacks. Still great gameplay.

< Message edited by vulture -- 7/25/2009 4:28:02 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 2 of 11«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition