Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 45 - Guest Editor's note (Falerin)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 45 - Guest Editor's note (Falerin)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/6/2009 12:55:28   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Guest Editor's Note
by Falerin

In Character:

Both myself and apparently my Dhe Ehmn have been up to our eyes in work lately. You have undoubtedly felt slighted and forgotten, dear reader, because I have failed to grace you with my witty insight and cunning acumen on all things Lorian. Well the fact is, I have been busy.... extremely busy. In case you haven't noticed, very recently a group of intrepid Lorian adventurers unifying against incredible odds have taken to the omniverse on a quest to stop the network dead in it's tracks.

Such an audacious plan has never heretofore been attempted. Such a plan may be sufficient to actually stop The`Galin in his tracks. It is shocking, it is bold, it is surprising, it is exciting, and it is is the ultimately quite maddening. I was entirely omitted from these plans. Not once was I consulted. I mean, really, I am an expert on meddling across dimensional barriers no less simple things like vast reaches of interstellar space. Even William, my Dhe Ehmn, has opted to keep me utterly in the dark. I spent a good deal of time trying to find answers to what was happening... It is perhaps this extensive study that captured the Zardian's attention.

Maya asked me for my kind assistance in this issue and naturally I was all to eager to provide. As per always, the perspective of the Zardian is a bit of a hybrid. The fourth wall is notoriously weak. As a result you will see herein responses from both the Character and the Dhe Ehmn (players and staff). These contributions have been given a bit of spice by yours truly where appropriate (or my meddling Dhe Ehmn whichever was more appropriate).

The result is a truly tangy issue of the Zardian.

Almost as tangy as these Chicken Wings:

2 1/2 pounds drums and flats or split wings with tips removed
8 oz pineapple tidbits + 8 oz crushed pineapple (drain and reserve 1/4 cup of juice)
1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
1/2 tsp finely minced ginger
1/4 chopped dried apricots
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 small red Thai chilies chopped finely (seeds included)
8oz Apricot Jam/Apricot Preserves
1 jar of Maraschino Cherries
2 tbsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar

PREHEAT oven to 420°F (215°C). Place chicken wing pieces in greased 13x9x2-inch (13 x 9 x 2 cm) baking pan. Bake 35 min.

Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, vinegar, apricot preserves, chili's, ginger, garlic, and five spice powder in a sauce pan and bring to a slow simmer stirring until evenly distributed. Add apricots, pineapple, and cherries. Stir until evenly distributed.

Pour sauce over wings. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C). Cook for an additional 40 minutes until golden and bubbly. (Watch carefully as ovens vary and sugar can quickly become over caramelized).

< Message edited by Eukara -- 8/6/2009 12:56:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 45 - Guest Editor's note (Falerin)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition