Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=MtAK= The Weird Purrrr in the Background

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> =MtAK= The Weird Purrrr in the Background
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2009 11:19:20   
Fleur Du Mal

Ohai to all of y'all! My name is fabula, your very own newbie-AK and this is the thread where you can ask me all sorts of more or less odd questions.

I have two little notes for you, though:

1) Please try to limit your questions to max 15 per post. If you ask more I'll reserve the right to play with the extras until they are dead. =P If your curiosity refuses to fit into 15 questions, you can post them later to the next page --- provided that there will be more than one page. =P

2) My definition of what counts as personal probably differs from the average. I might not answer to questions I think are too personal in a way that would make any sense. I might even go so far as to be very vague. =P

OKies, have a seat, a cup of tea or coffee, a bite of real dark chocolate, and enjoy!

My answers will appear into your posts styled like this.
DF  Post #: 1
9/4/2009 11:23:43   
BadHulk

Wohoooo... Hopefully first post?
Oh, why, it is indeed the...first... reply. =P

Anyway.

I dont know you I think >.>
I don't think I know you either <.<
Nice to meet you, Badhulk! *offers handshake*

So... Chained up?
Oh yes. I do have keys, though. <- Proof. Unfortunately, they are for the door and the door is so far away and the chain is so destitutely short...

Blame CF for this post.
If you knew me, you would know that I never blame CF for anything. <.<...>.>

-steals all chocolate- Mehehehehehehe
:O *resumes to her Secret Stash of Chocolate No 1 and produces moar*
-Steals your cookies-
I haz cookies?

Anyway. That was all. Buh-Bye.
Thank you for visiting! Ba-bais!

P.S Why are you even READING this.
Cause I can?

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 13:02:58 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
9/4/2009 11:26:21   
YukiKitty

Okay! Prepare for the snow kitty. :o
Okies! *the DoomKitten prepares for the snow kitty*

1. What is your favorite Broadway musical?
Lol, Cats?
Well, actually, to be honest, it's Les Miserables.

2. What is your favorite non-Broadway play?
No clue what so ever.

3. Favorite color?
Today it's blue. I don't know about tomorrow...

4. Kittens or puppies?
Kittens.

5. Chinchillas are awesome, right?
Kittens are moar awesome.

6. Favorite hot drink?
Jasmine tea

7. Favorite cold drink?
I can't decide between freshly pressed orange juice and strawberry milkshake...Actually, lemon-flavoured ice tea is deliciously freshing as well... argh, decisions, decisions...

8. Favorite desert?
Ooh, Sacher...or self-made apple pie with maple syrup and vanilla ice-cream... purrrrrrr

9. Favorite soup?
Tomato soup. I do enjoy minestrone soup as well.

10. Favorite band?
Rammstein

11. What is your pet peeve with forums?
I think I don't have one... *goes to feed her pet called Peeve that lurks in the wormholes around this thread*

12. Favorite video game?
I really don't play video games...

13. Favorite computer game?
Sid Meier's Civilization, most definitely.

14. Band or choir?
Impossible to choose. Depends on the band and on the choir and the piece and the day and the night and the mood...

15. Did you enjoy these questions?
purrrrr....

See ya later! /me ubersnowkittysnugglewugglehuggleglomppounces!
I'll see ya later, too! /me DoomoruKitteruSnugglezzzAndPurrrrifiesYukiKitty

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 13:16:01 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
9/4/2009 11:27:08   
Reaper Sigma

Hello....
Ave!

I don't believe I've seen you in L&L before.
<.< I haz camouflage skillz

Do you have a Narrative in Narrative and Prose?
Yes I do. Three, actually.

Do you like the Eagles?
They are OK. I'm not a fan, though, but nothing wrong with them.

Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee.
Bruce Lee.

Can I have a cookie?
Oh course you can! *gives Reaper a cookie now that she knows she has them*

Okay, bye bye.
Leaving so soon? Okies, ba-bais!! See you around!!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 13:21:18 >

Post #: 4
9/4/2009 11:30:32   
drDOT

Fabula !
Dimension R.! =D

Congrats ^_^
Oh, thank you so much! \(^.^)/

/me snuggs
/me purrrs

Can you fly in water?
Oh, no! What a scandalous thought! A DoomKitten in water! hhhsss

Why? Where? Who? How? When?
For there they in a way last June.

This was only a question, right ? ;_;
Purrrhaps

/me snugflapflapbyebyecongrats Fabula!
/me DoomoruKitteruBaBaisThankies Dimension R. !

See you and good luck ! :D
Oooh, I will see you too...rest assured <.< Thankies! I'll need all the luck I'll be given! =D

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 13:28:13 >
AQW  Post #: 5
9/4/2009 13:31:58   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

To be unoriginal: I think it's fabulas that you're an AK now! :D
Oh woe the rampant unoriginality tortures me!! Well, not really.
Thank you so much, Cow Face!

1) First off, thank you for not blaming me. Not a question, but whatever.
You are most welcome. <.< How could I blame you? >.>

2) So, you are a fan of very dark chocolate? If yes: Excellent! If no: Ah, that's fine.
Yes I am. I like to have my chocolates with at least 70% cocoa, if it's over (9000/100) %, it's even better! (Well, I can be unoriginal too =P)

3) If you were trapped on a lone island, what would you have baked into the dessert?
Peaches.

4) What dessert would that dessert be?
A baked peach?

5) If the island was really dry, would it be a desert dessert?
I think it might turn out to be a sandy peach. But not a deserted dessert.

6) Is that enough of dessert questions?
I think I've had my fill. XP *approaches the state of confuzzledzznezz*

7) Felines FTW, no?
They have already won. (FTW = Felines Truthfully Won) <.< But don't tell anybody...the world shall go mad if that is spilled out >.>

Lack of creativity does not permit me to ask more, I'm afraid. Good luck!
Aww, nevermind that lack of creativity and ask anyways? =P
Thank you so much for visiting! *grabs the good luck with both hands and treasures it always 1)*

1)always is a length of time that is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 14:14:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
9/4/2009 15:32:17   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Story-girl! Congratulations on the AKship! So well deserved. *gives cake*
Firefly! Thankies! Is it? *devours the cake and purrrrs*

1. So, you like felines, no? What is your favourite type of feline?
I adore felines. My favourite type is the one who wakes me up at 3:00 AM, giving me the all-expressive-look of "I'm allowing you to serve me food, right now." *shoots a weird glare at her cats*

2. Which is more overused: the idiot hero or the angsty hero? I think the former, but the latter seems to annoy more people.
Somehow, I've managed to run into the angsty heros more often than into the idiot heros. Of course, this may be explained by the fact that the idiot hero annoys me way more than the angsty hero, so I might be just avoiding the inevitable truth. >.>...<.<

3. If some element in a story is extremely cool, would you forgive it for being unrealistic and/or impossible?
Purrrhaps. If 'unrealistic' means 'so ludicrously unrealistic it's making the pidgeons in the trees to fall off laughing' then I'd probably not "forgive". Of course, if the coolness is going to awestruck the reader silly, then maybe they won't even notice it's impossible...

4. What is your opinion on "literary fiction"?
If it works, it works. Not everything must be plot-driven. However, if it doesn't work, it has a far bigger chance to be a pain to read than a non-working plot-driven no-brainer. Which leaves the latter read and the former returned to the library.
However, whether the book is literary or commercial fiction, I always value depth.

5. Speculative fiction preference: fantasy, sci-fi, or horror?
Horror or fantasy, depending on the sub-genre.

6. Which type of fantasy do you think is currently too overdone: secondary world high fantasy (the Eragon effect), epic earth-set fantasy (the Harry Potter effect), urban/romantic fantasy (the Twilight effect), or dark fantasy (the vampires-in-general effect)?
Hmm, I think there's room for more works of art in each subtype. It's just too bad that if many mediocre books pop up in a subtype in a short time frame, then the whole subtype gets treated like it should be guarantined. >.<

7. In your opinion, how do you differentiate dark fantasy from horror? Books such as Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles or Stephen King's Dark Tower contain elements of both.
I'm not sure if I can draw a distinct line. I remember trying to find Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire from fantasy section in vain just to find it in the horror section with Stephen King. And then again, Thomas Harris was stuffed into Thrillers... I'd probably just differentiate according to
a) amount of gore in accordance with general "realism" of the story
and
b) whether any 'non-human' creatures are treated as puppets to arouse horror or not.

I never was particularily good at drawing lines between genres, lol.

8. I admire how authors like Rowling can write what is essentially high fantasy in an earth-setting. Whenever I try, I am confronted by the restraints of reality and the uncontrollable effects (such as: fire magic battle in the north pole. Ice melts. Oceans flood, earth is submerged, humanity dies. No humanity = no story. Nope, no can do on earth). Any advice for me?
Put the fire battle above the ground. Hot air rises up and voilá, the snow below survives unscathed. =P

9. Enough about the serious story stuff! (Your fault for calling yourself Fabula!). Let's talk about... chickens! What do you think of them? (in case you're wondering, I have a dancing chicken toy by my computer, so I made up the question based on the first thing in my sight).
Have been important model animals when researching human/animal development. (Embryology)

10. To your knowledge, is the rumour that most Europeans can speak 3-5 languages true?
Well, where I live, 3 languages is pretty much expected and 4 isn't that uncommon either. However, if I would move away to a smaller town or even to the countryside, I might find that 2 is common but not norm. Maybe 2-4 languages?

11. Does love make you kind or does love make you crazy?
I'm crazy by nature so love does not have any effect on that. It does not make me kind either.
A quote from Rammstein, song called Amour:
"Erst wird es heiß dann kalt am Ende tut es weh"
"First it is hot, then cold, in the end it hurts.

And I don't care if it sounds like a platitude. =P

12. Do you believe in destiny? Is there only one future, or are there as many futures as we will them to be?
No, I think we all have so much influence to our future that destiny is too vague a concept to exist. =P

13. (Note to self: What the heck is wrong with your questions? I thought you hated philosophy!) Anyhow, is there a point in asking a question without an answer? [/irony]
There might be.

14. Le gasp! You like dark chocolate? Blasphemy! What would you do if I stuffed white chocolate into your mouth?
I would start to plan a revenge and revenge is best served cold........*evil purrr* =P

15. It's ironic that I'm ending on question fifteen. Y'see, I started making up and telling stories when I was two to my grandfather. That's fifteen years now. So, to end this, is there anything you'd like to say about your earliest starts into story-telling? Early influences, why/how/when you started making stories, ect. And yes, stories, this isn't limited to writing only. As I once said to my mom: "I don't like books. I like stories."
I had vivid dreams and nightmares where there was always a part missing. I made up a story to "solve" them and they would go away. When I was around 9 I got a diary as a Xmas present. I grew tired of writing "Dear Diary, today...." prettttty fast... Plus I had no privacy so later it was better to invent stuff to put there than to write what was really happening.

Time to end this before I eat away all your time! Good luck on AKship, and once again, congratulations!
*eats away your time by forcing you to read my lengthy answers* Thankies one more time and /me DoomoruKitteruSnugglezz Firefly ! *grabs the good luck and puts it into a safe place*

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 17:18:02 >
AQ  Post #: 7
9/4/2009 15:49:35   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Welcome, congrats, and snugs to you!
Hellos, thankies, and /me DoomoruKitteruPurrrrifies Clyde!

1. People just don't get how awesome peaches are, right?
Yes, that is an unfortunate fact. I wonder if there is a group for rising the awareness of the awesomeness of peaches yet.

2. Favorite song for a bored mood?
Serenata Immortale by Immediate Music

3. Favorite superhero and or villain?
Superheroes: Batman, the only superhero I've ever cared for. =P
Eh, ok, now, run, my favourite villain so far is Hannibal Lecter. <.<

4. Say it's a Monday and it's raining, now what?
Close the curtains so the Monday doesn't know you are there. Find a warm blanket and curl up under it. Continue until Tuesday.

5. Favorite day of the week and why?
Friday or Tuesday. Can't really choose. Friday heralds the start of weekend but I've always been most productive on Tuesdays. And I was born on Tuesday. Egomania for teh lose. =P

6. Do you like chocolate covered pretzels?
purrrrrrrrs at the thought

7. The purr of a new car OR the purr of a new kitten? Choose wisely.
New Kitteh!!!

8. HE is watching, you know...Falerin?
Clyde, you scare me. <.<...>.>

9. Currently listening to? Currently watching?
My eyes spy a message editing-page. My ears spy Fettes Brot - An Dagen wie Diesen. (Band: Fat Bread, song name: On days like these)

10. ... *creates a parody called Falerin's Angels* <.< >.>
Who plays Bosley?

Later and good luck! *snugs*
/me purrrattacks!! Later!! *puts the good luck in bank*

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 17:30:21 >
Post #: 8
9/4/2009 15:51:17   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

A. If you could be any mythical animal, which would you be and why?
Oh thank you so much for putting my formatting ready for me, Eukara! *purrrs*

I think I would be Pegasos. It would be fun to fly and ship around the lightning-bolts of Zeus. =P

B. If you could be any Greek god, which would you be and why?
Aphrodite, later known as Venus. As to why..well I've always marvelled that famous painting by Botticelli, the birth of Venus. If I were Aphrodite, I would have been an inspiration to that masterpiece.

If you could be any Egyptian god, which would you be and why?
Bastet. Only one way to top being a cat: to be a cat-goddess. =P

If you could be any Norse god, which would you be and why?
This is a difficult one. Maybe Loki, for his intelligence.

Describe the virtues of the colour green.
The wavelength of green light is between 490...560 nm. Since the human eye is most sensitive to light at wavelength 500nm at night and wavelength 560nm during day, the human eye is in fact most sensitive to green light. Uhm...there must be a linkage to the virtues of the colour green somewhere in here...

If you ponder the wonders of ChickenCows... discuss the merged creature that you would create and would find fascinating.
First of all, I would never merge a cat with any other species. They are purrrfect as they are. Having put that aside, I would merge a moglin with a hedgehog. Because the moglins have been punted enough!!

Which is your favorite biome?
The arctic. For its beauty and harshness.

If you could have one all expense paid vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go? What would be the top things on your list while there?
I would go to the Antarctic, send postcards to everyone I know from there, and photograph as much as possible.

If you could move to any state in the US, which would you move to and why?
Since my hands on experience of the US is very limited...I'm going to choose from the few places I've been to. I'd probably move to Oregon and apply for a job at the John Day Fossil Beds Visitors' centre. It is simply a very inspiring place and connects present to past and future very illustratively.

What is your favourite ethnic food?
As a whole, Italian, but I do love sushi...

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 18:34:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/4/2009 17:11:24   
Xirminator

Congratulations on AK fabula!
Thankies, Xirmi!
Now for the interrogation.
/me trembles in fear

1) Favorite movie?
I have loads of movies I love... How can I possibly pick only one...
Well, I'll just say one that comes to mind...
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone.

3) How many languages do you know?
I know or I can speak in?

Well, I think I know the name of around 30...

4) Oh, number two disappeared!
I might've eaten it <.<

5) Currently reading?/Favorite novel?
Currently reading Purves et Al: Neuroscience, 4th edition.
Favourite novel: Look point 1) about choosing one. =P I'll just put here:
The Earthsea Series by Ursula LeGuin
and move on...

6) And finally, IS THIS A LIE?
Depends on what you are referring to with 'THIS' =P

7) (I know I said finally but I can't stop.) If you really tried to figure it out, you have a headache. Admit it.
I do have a headache. =P

8) What made you want to be a writer?
This is very much of a dear hobby for me. I do love it and draw enjoyment from it, but I don't think I'll ever become a writer. I just write because I'm lost if I don't.

9) Would you like more congratulations?
Yes you do. Congratulations! :P
Yes, please. =P
Thank you. Thank you. /me DoomoruKitteruBounceAttacks Xirmi!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 20:51:06 >
AQ DF  Post #: 10
9/4/2009 17:43:14   
Ilø¤IMPERIAL¤ølI

Do I have to number my questions?
No you don't have to number your questions, Emperial_Xth, but I appreciate that you did. Thankies! \(^.^)/

Okias, here I go, don't worry there's only 10 Q's.
*worries anyway* I always start to worry when I hear 'don't worry'....=P

1) Would you: a) Drop books on your foot or b) trip over a log?

a) Yes if they are paperbacks.
b) I might end up doing that, but I don't want to...

2) Does Q#1 sound to silly to answer?
<.< No. There is no such thing as a silly question... Actually, there is, ....but let's not go into that ...and this is not a challenge! =P

3) Bookworm?
Where?!? Oh woe, save my books from the horrendeous, paper-eating bookworm!! =P

4) How do you define run? walk? jog?

run: To execute a computer program
walk: To promenade
jog: To promenade a little faster and to perspirate while doing it

6) How did I manage to find this MtAK Thread? I dunno... help?!?
I think this thread found you. >.>

8) What literature do you work well with: Poem or Narrative?
I dont' really know about that word, 'well', but I do work better with Narratives than Poetry.

10) Types of genres that you like?
Pretty much every genre except War-books

11) A, a, B, b, ... what's the three next terms?
Doom Kitten, Green_Girl, Cow Face
Did I get it right? =P

12) Congratz!
Thank you! /me DoomoruKitteryThankYouBounces!

13) Is this the 10th question or is it the 13th?
I think it's the 10th question who likes to be called 13th. (You started with asking if you need to number your questions and no 12) isn't really a question)

~Ciao then

Arrivederci! (= formal version of Bais! in Italian)

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/4/2009 21:08:22 >
Post #: 11
9/4/2009 18:24:16   
gwoonjustin
April 2008 Writer of the Month

Hello!
Hiyas! Gwoonjustin!! /me DoomoruKitteruSnugglezzJustinSenzelezz !

I'm not going doing another comeback thing, don't worry, but I do check up on you lorians every now and then, see if you behave. And what do I spy, with my little eye? Surely no lie, or joke of some kind. Is this becoming a poem? Yeah, let's not let that happen, shall we? In stead, it's time to call out the spanish inquisition on this fabulous AK! I mean, come on, how could I not drop in here?

iLurk?

If it were a poem I wouldn't turn blind/ In fact I wouldn't mind/To poet is better than to die/But teh überz is to have some pie

*ponders if she should post that in poopetry*

0) Congratulations on an honor well deserved! Enjoy your might, and use it well!
Thank you so much for the congratz and for taking the time to spy on us and then come and confess us all about it! Dunno if that's the best strategy to iLurk, but if it works for ya... =P

1) Are surprise visits surprising?
Not if you can anticipate them.

2) What's your least favorite post-modern Nietszchean?
No idea. Georges Bataille is the only one I've even heard of and is he even post-modern?

3) Pick a number in between 0 and 100. And it can't be pi. And don't tell me.
/me picks a number!

4) Justify your idea of cats being superior animals, if you do indeed hold such an idea. How, for example, might a cat, a domesticated cat, beat a snake, a cheeta and a giraffe ganging up on it in non-armed combat. (alternatively, how in armed combat?)
If Bastet wouldn't fight the serpent Apep every night the sun wouldn't rise. Seriously. Think of the consequences of Sun not rising! Famine! Darkness! Depression! Vampires!

Also, if you observe a feline, it has the tendency of picking up the most comfortable place available above the ground. Leave a cushion on a bookshelf and the cat will be there. The human's and the cat's relative positions would then be:
The cat: superior
Human: inferior

When it comes to the question of snake-cat-giraffe-cheetah-showdown, the cheetah wouldn't be interested in the cat, as it's pretty lousy supper. Instead, it would turn towards the deliciously tender giraffe-meat and attack it. This in turn would create so much noise and tremors on the crust, that the snake would flee. The cheetah would eat and leave. The domesticated cat continues her/his sleep in the shade.

5) What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
I can't remember the names of the worst movies I've seen. One included some sort of expanding polyurethane below New Orleans.
The only pretty bad movie I can remember by name is
Ringu 2: Not scary, nothing new to the original idea, a disappointment especially when compared to the first episode, Ringu, which is a piece of horror movie history already, imo.

6) What's the worst book you ever read? (But did finish anyway. And why did you finish it, then?)
I tend to unfinish the books that are absolutely no to my taste so I can't really say... Oh..when I had to spend over a week hospitalized in the age of twelve I had nothing else to read for the couple of first days but one of them Harlequin books someone had left in the room. Of course, one book doesn't represent the whole series and as with the movies, please don't ask the name, I can't remember...

7) What's the ugliest/ least appealing work of visual art you've ever witnessed?
Eh, I can't answer to that in here. Suffice to say, it was in an annual modern art exhibition and involved kitchen appliances.

8) Statement: Cats make the best philosophers. Defend or attack. Also, in a defence, please make note of the best essay ever made by a cat. I must make sure to pick that up sometime, then.
*meow* *kitty-cat-eyes* *impending doom* \(^.^)/ *overcutified*

9) Coffee or tea? (Yes, I know the answer, I'm just curious how violently you'll reply to this)
Tea, please

10) Does 0) count as one of the fifteen?
It wasn't a question. Nor was number 3)

11) What's the most illuminating thought you've ever had in your whole entire life?
To turn on the lights.

12) What's the least illuminating thought you've ever had in your whole entire life?
To turn them off again.

13) If windows could speak, what would they say? Do you think they long for the outside, the freedom, or for the comfort of inside? Or maybe they're happy right there, balancing on the edge?
"No one can see me. I'm invisible. I see YOU."

14) Have you ever drank tea that you didn't like? (Tea gone cold excluded)
Yes I have. It was some Japanese blend of green tea, received as a gift. It had a very distinct smell that I rather not describe.

15) Is adding this even though I have a 0 cheating? A silence here will be sufficient response, I suppose.
No, since not all of them numbered items were questions.

Well, now to you the honor of editing a post of yours truly. Again, I wish you the very best of luck on your throne, a throne with sheckles, of course, but a throne nontheless!
Thankies! Visit us here in L&L some time! /me byezbyezthankiehugglesnugglezz Justin!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 14:57:24 >
AQ  Post #: 12
9/4/2009 18:33:30   
Baron
Legendary AK!!!

Hi Fabula & congratulations!
Hi Archmagus Baron & thankies!!

Favourite food?
Sushi and sashimi, currently. My gravings change, though =P

Favourite Drink?
Tea. Jasmine tea. Unshaken and unstirred, please.

Hope you have fun as an AK & I'm sure you'll do your job well
Thankies, I hope that too!

I don't think I have anymore questions, so I wont bug you with questions/statements anymore ;)
You won't? o.0

See ya!
See you!

/me congratulategoodbyesnuggles Fabula
/me thankiekittyba-baisnugglebounces Archmagus

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 15:01:25 >
Post #: 13
9/4/2009 20:22:56   
Mistermafio

MisterMafio!!!!

Where have I heard your name before?
<.< No idea, you tell me >.>

Oh, yes, and congratulations of course.
Thankies!! *tries to be less over-exicited*

*phails*

/me DoomoruKitteruAttacksMMandMakesHimNeverGoAway!!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 15:04:12 >
AQ  Post #: 14
9/4/2009 20:42:13   
Erason

Hello, I'm new-ish to L&L, so I hope you, as a AK, will be a great asset to us newbies.
Hello, Erason! I hope you have enjoyed your time here in L&L so far! Well, I hope I can help.

1) If all books in the world had to be rewritten in one style, which author would you choose to set the style?
Well, first of all, I would fight with my life to prevent such a horrendous outcome for literature that everything would be written in one style. *starts to mumble something about one ring ruling them all...*

I...I...I can't choose...too much power...

Really, I can't. The idea of one single style in all works of literature is really scary. Sorry. o.0

2) If there was one book that could save the world, what do you think it'll be?
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: The Little Prince

"Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

3) Which is harder to write, Serious, dramitic stories, or light-heartened comedies?
For me personally, light-heartened comedies are far more difficult as darkness has its way to seep into my stories. Also, what people find funny is hard to predict.

4) What is the answer to life, the universe, sausages and everything?

Life: 42
The Universe: It does expand
Sausages: Eating
Everything; Anything

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and say hello. I'll see you around!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 15:18:37 >
AQ DF  Post #: 15
9/4/2009 20:57:26   
Lux

I have heard...er...read of you before. Anyway- questions!
You have? <.< I have to improve my camouflage skillz >.>

1. What is the meaning of scythe?
It is a symbol of harvest and death. It has whatever meaning its wielder gives it.

2. Do you get enough cookie rations? Because I work for the Cookies 4 AKs Union. Commonly known as Caku.
I do, but they get stolen alot.

3. How about the chains, are they made of futuristic grade metals-stuff?
They are made of unbreakable vows. But very futuristic they are, yes, my precious. The one around my left hand wants to phone home. ....(note to self; stop talking before it's too late and you have scared everyone away...)

4. In a fight between Master Samak and Firefly, what is the seventh Horcrux? [/lame Lit Discussion pun]
Oh, Horcrux? Seventh? I'm only starting to read the HP-series (finally bought the first book), I am so far away from the sixth book, so I hardly know what Horcrux is...

You have completely confuzzledzzed me, Lux. o.0

5. Is the following cake a truth?
Cake is true, but no following cake can ever be a truth.

6. The frosting is a lie, right?
Nooooo......

7. So....Kittys-do they drink awesomesauce? Is that the true identity of milk?
Kittys drink the nectar of überznez. It is not milk. The milk is a lie.

9. o.O Can you find number eight?
At 3:29 PM, this thread had 18 replies.

10. Have you spent the last two years building up an immunity to iocane powder?
<.<...I feel so underprotected now...>.> I should have??

11. Is that even poisonous to kitties? o.O
I could try but then there would only be 8 lives left to Doom.
(another 8! And another!)

12. Um....I'm done. You are InGATO MUYtoya. I made a lame attempt at The Princess Bride puns. I am prepared to die. (Yes...GATO is cat, and MUY is very...so you're very...kitty?)
0.o Very Kitty?

"How are you today?"
"I am very kitty, thank you. Are you kitty, too?"

Enjoy the AKing. Sorry for my....crazy questions. Oh yes-congratulations!
Thank you for visiting! I'll see you around! Sorry for my uneducated and crazy answers! And sorry for overusing the exclamation mark!
/me snuggleDoomKittyThanks Lux!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 15:38:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
9/5/2009 1:49:57   
Argeus the Paladin

Y halo thar! I C wut u did thar - becomeing an AK all out of the blue, eh? Congrats and hope you good luck with the reconstruction of the place!
Ohai, Argeus! I did nothing, you can't prove anything! Thankies! I need all good luck! *stoves the good luck to treasury*

Now, question time:

1) Say, you happen to know much more about somewhat "obscure" literature (i.e. Russian or Chinese) than the average Westerner. Where did you learn them all?
I had a crush on all things Chinese at one point, just because I felt like Asia had been given too little attention in the school books. And my mother had these poems by Li Bo/Li Bo/Li Bai in her bookshelf. That made me want to take a peek in Chinese literature.

The fact that I've read some Russian literature is because many world classics are Russian. Also, if we think of the history of novellas, the two basic developers of that form of literature I was told about in school were Giovanni Boccacio and Anton Tsehov. We read excerpts from both. I was amazed by Tsehov and after that, I got to reading other Russian classics as well.

2) College or high school? Not whch one is better, which one you are in.
Lols, definately not high school. I don't think I'm at college either, as I never really understood what that tier of education means in terms of comparability to the education system used in my country. Does "University" answer to your question?

3) Cat or dog or CatDog? This one is a favorite question!
Feline!

Will come back for more!
I'll be waiting for more!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 15:54:40 >
DF  Post #: 17
9/5/2009 2:45:57   
alexmacf

Gratz!
Thankies, Alex! \(^.^)/

*gives box of cookies* They're Thin Mints.
So nice of you! *takes the box and shares them with other AKs in the neighbouring cells* How handy that they are Thin Mints so that I can slip them from under the door for sharing. =P Thankies again!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 15:58:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
9/5/2009 2:48:54   
Fornever

Hey fabula! Congratulations! *tosses in presents*
Hello Fornever! Thankies!

0.o Ooh, presents! /me thankiesnugglezz

Well, that was quick for an MtAK thread. Anything in particular that motivated you to get it up this early?
So that I could test out this post-editing... <.<

Anywho, I think I'm going to keep things brief (probably) so you don't have to answer that much from me (maybe).

Favorite movie?
Heh, as I told Xirmi, it's really impossible for me to choose one to be better than all the others. So, I'm going to name the first one of a whole truckload of favourites that comes to mind today. Which would be The House of Flying Daggers, directed by Zhang Yimou.

Any opinions on the quality of acting nowadays?
I think the level on which one is praised to be a good actor is too low today. I can't really say if the average level of quality has gone up or down, but I think there's too much ruckus about average performances. Not every actor in every film can be playing their roles 'great'...

Anyone who you think acts lebai (overly dramatic)?
David Caruso in CSI Miami... <.<... The way he articulates his sentences... *shrudders* I can't watch that show anymore...

Sorry with all the acting questions. I have an exam for performing arts coming up soon. Anyway, favorite play?
No problem, I fear that my answers aren't that interesting, though...

Well, the problem with naming my favourite play is that the most I've seen have been pretty small-scale contemporary productions. In addition that I can't pick among those, even though I picked, no one outside this country would recognise it. And I really can't even pick a favourite Shakespearean play either, as those Romeos and Juliets and Tempests have never really been to my liking. So, in so many words: I have no idea.

On a scale of 1-5, five being the highest, how would you rate your attention span?
Depends on if I'm suffering from insomnia. Then it would be 2. Otherwise, 5.

Well, see ya! That's about it for now. I got mind melt T.T Congrats again!
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing you again! I hope your mind recovers quickly. Thankies again!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/5/2009 16:22:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
9/5/2009 17:34:26   
ringulreith

Fabula! Congratulations!
Ont! Thanksies! /me DoomoruKitteruBounces

So, question time... I see you were a bit more generous than GG with the question limit. Mwahahahahahahah!
<.< I just think GG exercised more wisdom when setting the limit >.>

42. Do you ever plan on continuing Serpent of Eiji?
Yes, of course. It's just that I'm way slower writer than the other folks here.

36. What is her catness' favourite LL story?
Ooh, there are so many good ones... In other words, I'm not telling. =P

72. What do you think of my numbering system?
I think it's creatively random, although using 42. for a question and not for an answer strikes me a bit odd. =P

87. What is your favourite bird? (other than Big Bird, 'cause everybody loves him!)
Motacilla Alba

95. Choose: dark chocolate chip cookies or dark chocolate covered apples.
Cookies!!

28. What do you think of fake dark chocolate? How about dark chalkalate? (not white chalkalate *coughs*)
Fake?!?!? Who dares to counterfeit chocolate?!?! Scandalous!!

37. What came first... The chicken or the egg?
The egg. Chickens are birds. Birds emerged from a common ancestry lineage of some branch of dinosaurs and dinosaurs laid eggs. Therefore, the egg was before the birds and hence also before the chicken./

49. What would you do to me if I asked you 42 questions?
Nothing but I'd play with your extra questions until they were dead.

19. Without counting all the questions so far, can you guess the proper number for this question? (proper being the number if I was to start counting at 1, incrementing by 1 for each question thereafter)
8? *checks the answer* Heh, missed by only one.

20. If you were to indulge yourself in any further stories the entire human population excepting yourself would be unable to indulge in stories, would you keep indulging in stories, or would you save the world from a terrible fate?
<.< ...>.> Wie bitte? Können Sie das vielleicht noch mal erklären? (Pardon? Could you please explain that for me one more time?)

22. If all other writers in the world died or became generally unable to write, and the mantle of writing the last book ever was put on your head, what type of story would you write, considering that thereafter, you, too, would become unable to write?
I'd write only one haiku and hope the people could continue reading all the books that already been written during the vast expanse of human history

6. What colour are your shackles?
It's too dark to see....

3. Can you describe your cell?
See above....

66. What is your favourite type of non-chocolaty food?
Sushi and sashimi, currently! Hey, I've kept my favourite food the same already for two days!!! Yays for me! =P

15. Did you know that Falerin was watching all this time? *flips out black sellphone with only one button on it* Oh yeah, I also have instant two-way comunication access with him! *hovers thumb over big red button on phone ominously while grinning evily*
<.< Ont, you scare me....>.>

Bye, and 'grats again!
Byez! Thank you for your time! Thanks for the gratzies!! I'll see you around!! One more exclamation mark!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/6/2009 6:54:07 >
Post #: 20
9/5/2009 17:45:40   
Jhardy

Hello my name is Jhardy.I ONLY play AQW,my in-game name is Jerl hardy.Now,onto the questions.
Hello Jhardy!

1:What AE games do you play?
I play them all, although some of them a bit sporadically.

2:Do you like anime?I HATE it.
I'm not too excited about anime. I don't really watch any of the series. I have watched some Hellsing, and it was fine in the beginning but got really repetitive very fast.

I do, however, absolutely love Hayao Miyazaki's anime-movies.

3:what music you listen to?
Almost all kinds. I'm not too attached to one single genre.

4:Who is your favorite artist.
Too many to pick from...
I love Botticelli, Chagall, William Blake, ...

5:Favorite video game?
None, as I don't play video games.

6:Favorite mod/AK?
A lady never tells...

7:Is this the last question?
/me suspects it's not

8:is this a question?
Oh why, yes it is...

9:Where are you from.
I am from the planet Earth.

10:Favorite AE game?
This changes a lot. DF/AQW/WF are the ones I currently like the most.

11:Favorite food?
Still sushi and sashimi...=P

12:Favorite song?
Too many to choose from... (are you detecting a trend yet?) =P

and last question.
13:chuck norris,steven seagal,mr.T,slyvester staloon,and arnold schartzanneger,which is the toughest?
Oh, who's that? It's Bruce Lee, coming around the corner to beat them all!

ok thank you for your time,if you play AQW and you want to talk to me in-game just PM me.sorry if i wasted your time.
Thank you for visiting! /me waves buh-bai!

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/6/2009 12:58:25 >

Post #: 21
9/5/2009 17:59:58   
ShadowLurks
The lurking shadow

Heyas! Congratulations!
Hiyas!! /me DoomoruKitteruSnuggleBounces ShadowLurks!

No questions, just a second congratulations!
Thank you so much. Again! /me hugglethanks

...Good luck and see you round. :)
*grabs the luck and puts it into a safe place* I'll see you around, too =D

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/6/2009 13:01:18 >
AQ  Post #: 22
9/5/2009 18:03:26   
Arthur The Brave One

Fabula! :D Congrats!
Arthur The Brave One! =D Thankiezz!

1. Why is that seemingly everyone who's ever commented on my thread and is still active has become/was AK :P And why doesn't it work for me?! :P
<.< No idea. Maybe the answer lies behind the word you chose: "seemingly". >.>

2. What is your favorite food?
Zuzhi and Zazhimi! =P

3. Not gonna take a new avvy?
What's wrong with my currect one?

4. High five! :D
^5! XP

5. Iz you a good kitteh? Yesh you iz! *snuggles teh doomkitteh*
I iz DoomKitten! *doomsnugglezz AtBO* *evil purrrrr*

6. If a tree falls on a mime, but no one is around to hear it, does the mime scream?
Yes, but he would be muted.

7. Are you going to answer any of those with witty get-around-the-question kind of answer that AK's are so good at?
<.<

8. Obama? McCain? Palin? Santa?
Won! Lost! Quit! Scary!

9. Am I doomed now? Or was I already? Or will I never be? Or are you just going to say something random... again? (yes, I /can/ see the future!)
You were doomed at question 5)

10. Ever done the Macarena? :P
<.< No, and you haz no proof to claim otherwise.

11. Goodbye, and thanks for the fish!
Ba-bais!! You are welcome! *slaps AtBO with a salmon*

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/6/2009 13:07:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
9/5/2009 23:51:51   
Coyote

Hello, Fabula! =D
Hello, Versy! =D

Isn't this color manly? Do you believe I can out-man every man on these forums with this avvy and font color?
Why, yes it is. Why do you ask: you have already outmanned every man on these forums with that avatar, no need to rub it in with the color. =P

Pick a book that you can easily reach from where you're sitting. Turn to page fifty-seven. Now, describe yourself using only words you find on that page. =P
The result indicates active figure and leaking potential.

What genre of music would define you as a person?
Possibly opera. Inside my reactions are overtly dramatic yet I am trained to keep that in control like the opera singer controls her voice to portray raging emotions with very restricted and pre-set arias.

If you were to write a story in which all of your characters would inflict upon you the same torment you inflicted upon them, what would be the title of that story?
Self-drawn wounds of a damaged mind.

What's your favorite color?
Today it is this

What's MY favorite color?
Maybe This Color?

What's your biggest pet peeve?
Well, if you happen to know a song by Pink called Stupid Girls...

Would you rather be deaf or blind?
Probably deaf. I would listen to music by blowing up the bass-ampilifiers and hugging my speakers against my heart.

Would you rather only have one hand, or one foot?
Hand. I need to have my sessions of jumping from rock to rock by the seaside...

What Pokemon are you?
I am the Shoe.

What Digimon are you?
Never really watched that show..

Conniving Coyote, Vafrous Vulpix, or Renascent Renamon?
argh...I can't choose between Conniving Coyote and Vafrous Vulpix....

I'll come up with more questions to pester you with later. The one involving whatever book you picked up probably took you longer the rest of them combined. XP
Is that a promise?? Thanks for visiting! *purrrrs* No, it didn't. Choosing between deafness and blindness did...

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/6/2009 13:26:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
9/6/2009 1:26:31   
Tokijin

Hello Fabula!
Hello Tokijin!!

Congratulations on your ArckKnightshipiness!
Thank you so very much! /me DoomoruKitteruPurrrifies Tokijin!

I won't bother you with too much questions so your head won't kersplode.
Awww.. that's very kind of you...

So Who's one of your favorite writers?
Amy Tan

Favorite colour? besides the one your editing my thread with?
Today, it's black.

So what happens when a unstoppable force hits a immovable object?
The force is transferred to rearranging the shape of the immovable object.

Last question, Is the cake a lie?
No, the cake is true, yet the cake will never be the truth.

thanks for taking your time to answer some of my semi-ridiculous questions!
Teh pleasure was all mine, all mine says I!! =P

< Message edited by fabula -- 9/6/2009 13:33:33 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> =MtAK= The Weird Purrrr in the Background
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition