Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 46 - An Aria from the Heart (Personater)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 46 - An Aria from the Heart (Personater)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2009 14:05:20   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

An Aria from the Heart
by Personater

If you've ever taken care of a pet, you are aware that they require time, love, and money in order to keep them as happy and healthy as possible. Imagine that you don't have to take care of just a few pets at once, but rather an army of variously assorted pets, each with its own unique temperament. Do that and you're scratching the surface of what the legendary pet master, Aria, has to deal with on a daily basis.

As we have seen in DragonFable, Aria, even as a young child, had a very inquisitive and curious nature with an inherent disconnection with what normal people consider dangerous*. From a young age, she was always "at home" around animals. Her grandmother was an animal trainer, giving her access to many types of creatures. As most parents probably can attest to, "normal" kids generally ask for a dog, pony, or other animal of as a present when they are young. Usually, this is all that they can handle. Aria was surrounded by several animals frequently, and only was she able to learn how to take care of one animal, but many at once.

A fearless and somewhat carefree disposition combined with a ferocious sense of devotion and care has allowed her to become what you see in AdventureQuest - a successful pet shop owner who takes care of many pets and is learned in anything relating to them. Before considering her as a unique character who only sells pets, I believe we need to look into what her work actually entails in order to keep the animals at their peak.

So that space requirements are met** she must own a gigantic plot of land outside of Battleon! This location would have enough space for the animals to roam, and have multiple environments to care for each animal's needs ***. Keeping the animals as comfortable as possible (doubtless spoiling them from time to time) is one way that she makes sure that they all are in top shape. This includes cleaning up after the animals, making sure that any, say, charred trees, fires, frozen blocks of ice, overnight plant growth, pests, and problems associated with elemental animals are taken care of and feeding them.

The hardest part, I would imagine, would be feeding and training all of the animals. From plants to carnivorous beasts, she needs to make sure all of the pets are properly fed so that no unintentional problems, like dragons raiding a nearby cow farm, arise. Also, the animals are given rigorous training to be at their peak. It eludes me how she is able to keep up with all of the animals, as we do not see her with real assistance****.

But one thing is certain - she is able to keep high standards of performance regarding the pets at the time of purchase and does so efficiently, as well as educate prospective buyers how to take care of the animals. Now, although she sells a tremendous number of pets, she seems to be unconcerned with profit and money, as her sole focus seems to be on the animals. I would figure that she sells pets at cost - the cost required to feed and train the animals - with perhaps a small margin of profit to fund the occasional rare or exotic food that certain animals may require. In fact, it seems that she is just taking care of animals for the fun of it rather than as a business.

It truly seems that her heart sings an aria of hope and care for animals of all kinds. From what I can see, her role in finding homes for animals of all demeanor is about the only reason she has a pet shop. Since she cannot take care of them all, her unique ability to connect to and train nearly any creature, along with her love in doing so, allows her unending job to still be very enjoyable and beneficial to everyone.

* Take, for example, riding in the back of a cart with Twilly towards war and considering it fun.
** Since animals cannot be crammed into one small area and a Battleon version of PETA could be on her tail...
*** After all, some animals are aquatic while others live on land - and probably one environment would not be suitable for every creature.
**** Perhaps the Frogzard hunter helps some, but she more likely teaches the animals how to work together mutually.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/4/2009 14:20:57   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

I had not considered some of the points you bring up in this article, such as the large plot of land. For her to be almost constantly in the shop, she must have another feature, in addition to the many which you have brought up here. Much like a marsupial... she's fast!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/7/2009 9:24:30   
Deathwalker

I thought she just had a cloning machine stowed away in the back, and when an Adventurer bought a pet Aria would just push a few buttons.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 46 - An Aria from the Heart (Personater)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition