Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Devil's Blood

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Devil's Blood
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/6/2009 22:22:09   
shadowfalcon
Banned!

Devil’s Blood

In the Darkness we hold fear, for the creatures of night are growing near. They are the figures that invade our dreams, the cause of our bone-chilling silent screams. They drag us down into the depths unknown, to tear our flesh and devour our bone. However, there is a creature above them all, that will steal your soul and crush your skull. It will drown the earth in a crimson flood, so beware the beast with the devil’s blood.

In a gentle city, one winter’s night, a small layer of snow lay upon the ground. No clouds in the sky allow the moon to cast its eerie glow upon the building below. A somber night, where nothing stirs, even the nocturnal do not roam this peaceful winter’s night. However, the silence is soon disturbed by the echo of footsteps pounding against the pavement.

A man runs in the darkness, with the moon being his only source of light. He runs, gasping for air, screaming an empty sound. He continuously glances over his shoulder, desperately trying to get away from an unknown enemy. His brow is drenched in a mixture of sweat and blood.
Once more he glances back, only to find, but darkness following him. He slows down his pace, lets out a sigh of relief, and wipes blood off his brow.
He glances down at his hand. It is stained crimson. He sees some blood is dripping onto his hand. He wipes his forehead again, before he realizing the blood dripped from somewhere above him. He looks up.

His pursuer falls from the rooftops down on him. Flesh is torn from his arm. He cries out in pain, but the crisp air muffles his cry of agony. He tries to run again, staggers, and he slips on the thin layer of snow and falls to the ground.
He attempts to crawl, but his pursuer grips onto his leg and pulls him back. He struggles and flails attempting to flee. His pursuer picks the man up by the back of his shirt and wraps an arm around his chest. Numb from shock, the man struggles to turn his neck to gaze into the face of his pursuer. His eyes widen in terror.

The pursuer’s face is well known, but never seen. The story of the pursuer is told, but is never believed. A terrifying being of the night that ensures death to its prey. The being of ancient legends and tales, with the truth lost in the ages… vampire.

The man’s mind struggles for the body to react. Terror has petrified his body, his arms dangle at his sides. He screams as hard as he can, but the fear has forever silenced him. All he can do is feel the vampire dig its fangs into his throat.
The sickening sound of blood gushing into the vampire’s throat; echoes softly in the darkness. The man’s eyes glaze over; his skin becomes cold and clammy, as his life is drained away with every ounce the vampire drinks.
Then, the scene begins to melt away; the man’s dying face, the vampire finishing off his meal. Everything melts away into a sea of blood that overflows the entire scene. Slowly, the blood drips away into an abyss of nothingness.

“No”, groaned a young man as he stirred out of his slumber, heart racing and breathing heavily. He leaned forward and looked around his room, as if expecting someone to be there. After realizing that all was well, he began to relax his breathing and tried to calm down. He felt the cold sweat run down his face. He fell back onto his pillow and gazed up at the ceiling.

“Another dream about that vampire,” he thought to himself as he listened to the empty silence of his room. His thoughts continued around that dream he had awaken from, but they were cut short when he heard his mother’s voice calling from downstairs. Without actually hearing his mother’s words, he rose from his bed and went into the bathroom. He splashed a bit of water in his face and tried himself off. He looked into mirror to see a slightly pale young man frowning back at him. He was thin, but reasonably built. His eyes were a dull shade of grayish blue that showed no interests in the day ahead of him. The most striking feature about him was his snow-white hair that shined from the bathroom light. He walked out of the bathroom and put on pair of black pants, white socks, and a white t-shirt. He ran downstairs where he was greeted at the breakfast table with a bowl of cereal and milk. He quickly ate his breakfast and headed for the door.

“Leon, you forgot the rest of your uniform,” shouted his mother from the living room. Leon ran back into kitchen and grabbed a black uniform jacket and tossed it over his shirt and ran outside to head to class. The sun was shining brightly, making the freshly fallen snow sparkle like thousands of diamonds upon the earth. Although it was a chilling morning, Leon seemed to enjoy the cold and chose not to wear any excess clothing. He walked in silence enjoying the peaceful scenery that lay about him.

His tranquil walk was abruptly ended when he felt a cold snowball hit him in the back of the head. He turned around angrily to see a girl in dressed in the same uniform as him, although hers was neatly buttoned while his hung open. She had wool mittens on and a scarf wrapped around her neck. She had shoulder-length chestnut brown hair, and bright, beautiful hazel eyes. She was giggling as Leon looked coldly at her.

“You always put on such a sour face Leon,” she said with a smile.

Leon barked back, “That’s because you always ruin my peaceful walks, Briana!”

Briana just smiled again and ran to his side. Without saying another word, Leon and Briana continued along the path. After a few blocks of silence, Briana looked up at Leon with a worried expression upon her face.

“You don’t look so good,” she remarked, “Did something happen?”

“Just didn’t get much sleep, that’s all,” he said softly.

“You had another dream about that vampire again, didn’t you?” she asked almost instinctively.

“This time he attacked a man just a few blocks away from here,” he said in an even softer voice.

Briana sighed loudly and said, “Leon, vampires aren’t real. A vampire didn’t kill your father, and a vampire did not kill anybody near our houses last night.”

“I know that,” Leon said angrily. “I know what people tell me, but there is still that feeling that my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me. Maybe I am going crazy.”

Briana nudged him, giggling, and shook her head in reassurance. Leon forced a smile upon his face, but it faded the minute they turned away from each other. They continued to walk in silence, until they heard the sound off a bell ringing out in the distance. They began to run toward the source the sound as quickly as they could. They rounded a corner and passed through a gate with a plaque on the side that read, “Saint Paul’s University”.
They ran through the courtyard and into a building by the bell tower. Inside, they headed down a hallway and crashed through the doors to a large lecture room. They stumbled down the steps and fell before the professor. He was an elderly man with short black hair and a thin beard. He had a thick brow and old grey eyes. He was dressed in ceremonial professor robes that were accustomed to the university, which bared a pair of angel wings, the school emblem, on the back of the robes.

“Thank you for making it on time, Mr. Gallows and Ms. Hawthorn, but would you please make a quieter entrance in the future?” He said loudly so that the entire class could hear him.

Leon and Briana, rather embarrassed, sulked to their seats. The professor continued his lecture on vampires. Leon found himself exhausted from last night’s dream. He slowly drifted off to sleep. Briana was taking notes, hanging on every word like the rest of the class. She glanced over at Leon, who was fast asleep with his head on his desk. Before she had a chance to nudge him, the professor had seen him sleeping and was making his way over to him. The professor slammed a book upon the desk and startled Leon awake.

“Mr. Gallows, won’t you be as kind as to share your thoughts with the class on the English Folklore of determining a vampire.”

Leon rose from his seat and addressed the question, “Easiest ways to tell if a recently deceased was a vampire if they seemed rather lively looking in death, such as rosy cheeks and full lips.”

“Well it seems you were paying attention, but next time, please makes it look like you are,” the professor said with a grin.

After long hours of lectures and dusk had come, the classes had ended, and Leon and Briana headed back home. Briana held several notebooks in her arms, while Leon left empty-handed.

“I don’t understand how you are able to stay in school without taking a single note in class,” she said, struggling to keep hold of her notebooks.

“I told you, I memorized everything those professors say during class. There isn’t a need for me to take notes,” he responded.

She frowned at him, but didn’t say anything more. As the school disappeared from sight, things became strangely quiet as more snow began to fall. As the sun went down and night came, Leon stopped walking as he heard his cell phone ring. He reached into his jacket pocket to answer. He flipped it open to hear it was his mother, although she sounded rather frantic.

“Leon, are you safe,” she demanded?

“Yes, Briana is here with me too,” he said calmingly, “What is wrong; you sound panicked?”

His mother shouted into the phone, “Hurry home! A man has been found murdered a few blocks from the school, and the killer is believed to be still in the area!”

Leon’s eyes widened upon hearing his mother’s words. He immediately hung up the phone and looked at Briana, who could sense his worries. Before Briana could even open her mouth, Leon had grabbed her arm and was dragging her through the snow as fast as he could. All that was racing though his mind was to keep Briana safe, and make sure his mother was safe as well. As he continued to press onward, he felt an eerie chill surrounding him. He tried to quicken his pace, but he slid and fell in the snow while making a bend.

He picked his head up from the snow to see a figure standing over him. He looked up to see the face of the vampire that had haunted his dreams for so long. His mind screamed to get away, but his body was frozen in fear. He turned his head looking for Briana, but she was nowhere in sight. He hoped that she got away, relaxing a bit as the vampire raised him off his feet. Leon had accepted his fate, knowing in his heart that he had been right about his father’s death all along. Right as he felt the warm breath from the vampire, the vampire screamed in agony and dropped him back into the snow. He looked behind him to see Briana standing there with a dagger in her hand. He looked forward to see the vampire thrashing to get another dagger out of its shoulder. Briana then charged at the vampire and stabbed him with the other dagger. The vampire shrieked out in pain and vanished from sight. Briana let out a sigh of relief and hurried over to Leon’s side.

“Briana, what on earth did you do?” Leon asked, rather shocked.

“I’m sorry,” Briana said, “I should have told you the truth. Vampires are real, and that vampire was the one who killed your father as well as many others. I am in a group known as the Knightmares, a group of vampire slayers and other members that keep this world safe by the beasts of the night.”

Leon looked shocked, yet relieved that he had been saved by Briana. As she helped him up, Leon looked over her shoulder. He gasped as he saw the vampire standing over her. Before he could say anything, the vampire struck a blow to Briana’s back. She toppled into the snow unconscious. Leon tried to stand, but his knees buckled in fear. The vampire gripped his collar and raised him into the air. The vampire pulled Leon close to him and laughed at Leon struggling in his hands. The vampire moved his mouth closer and closer to Leon’s throat. As the vampire’s teeth sank into Leon’s throat, Leon sight became foggy. With each gulp of the life blood, Leon’s vision became hazier, until he finally lost consciousness. The vampire finished his drink and threw Leon’s body into snow. As he walked over to dine upon the unconscious Briana, he heard an evil laughter behind him. The vampire turned to see Leon standing there smiling, his blood dripping off his neck.

“How is it possible that you are still alive,” the vampire asked, “I drank more than enough to kill you, so how is it you are still standing?”

Leon smiled and said in a maniacal voice, “I’m surprised that you didn’t drink all my blood. For a vampire to pass up draining all a human’s blood, it’s rather unheard of. Did my blood leave a bad taste in your mouth?”

Leon’s eyes began to glow with an eerie crimson color. His fingernails sprouted into claws. A menacing aura surrounded his body. As he smiled, four large fangs protruded out of his mouth.

“You’re a vampire as well,” said the vampire in shock. “Why did you not stop me from biting into you?”

“It doesn’t matter if knew beforehand, or know now,” said Leon. “Either way, I’m going to kill you.”

As Leon said this, the blood that lay on the snow rose into the air and surrounded his body, swirling like a red ribbon. He moved his arm toward the vampire and the blood cracked like a whip, slashing through the vampire’s throat. The vampire coughed and choked on his own blood, falling to his knees. He looked up to see Leon approaching him with the blood still swirling around his body. The vampire tried to stand up, but fell to the ground again. He was doing all that he could just to not bleed to death.

“You are nothing, but a beast filled up with blood of innocent people,” said Leon, “That blood will be your downfall.”

As Leon finished these words the vampire’s body began to expand, like it was being inflated by air. The vampire cried out in agony as his body expanded.

“You…You made me drink your blood on purpose,” said the vampire, “To manipulate blood, you are no ordinary vampire…Just what the hell are you?”

Leon smiled and said, “My, that is a poor choice of last words.”

Leon stepped away as the vampire’s body exploded into a shapeless mass. Leon walked over to Briana. The blood that had circled his body now was reentering the wound on his neck. He knelt down and looked down at her.

“Sorry little vampire slayer,” he said as he lowered his claw over her heart, “Time for you to die too.”

The clouds covered the moon, blackening the grim scene. In the absolute darkness, the sound of flesh being penetrated echoed, as the snow was stained with blood.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/20/2010 12:17:39 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Devil's Blood
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition