Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Manipulation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Manipulation
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/25/2009 21:48:24   
Oddmanthefirst

Comments

“Manipulation is a cold curse. It grips our heads with an unimaginable feeling of discourse and helplessness.”
-Unknown

An image conjures up on the black widescreen television. A pretty young blonde woman appears on the screen, sitting behind a desk filled with papers. Her serious eyes stare out onto the audience as she informs the people on today’s local tragedies. One story particularly stands out from the rest:

A dark-skinned woman stands near a school. Rain drops slide down her umbrella, which she holds high above herself, and fall onto the ground. A tear streams down her cheek; she quickly wipes it away. The reporter strokes her short black hair with her right hand. She clears her throat and begins.

“Here in Holmberg Elementary, a tragic occurrence happened today. Four children were found dead in the school’s playground area…"

Chapter 1

“I call it a silencer,” boasted the hispanic boy.

“Oh really?” the other one sarcastically remarked.

“Yeah, James, I can make anyone I want to stop talking.”

“Anyone eh?”

“Well yea…but I am not going to do it to just anyone I want. This is irreversible dude.”

“Well, give it to me then,” James demanded. He stroked his long dark hair to give sight to his black bug eyes.

“No, you can’t have it. I am the rightful owner of this power. It’s a responsibility that only I can bear.”

“Yea sure,” James smirked. A dimple appeared on the boy’s pale skin. “What did you do, find it?"

“Yea, I found it in the woods the other day.”

“How do you know what it is then?”

“Well, I've seen these types of things before on TV”

“Have you used it?” James asked, even though he knew the answer.

“Well no…I haven’t used it before. I just don’t feel like it…”

“Sure…anyway, according to these television shows, what happens to the people?”

“I think that it just knocks them out for a while. I have no idea to be honest. My mum doesn’t really like me watchin’ those types of shows.”

James snickered.

“She says that they have too much violence or something…”

“Well, does it make a loud noise or something?”

“No man, it barely makes a sound when you use it! That’s why I called it a silencer!” he boasted once again. “Anyway… I have to go now.”

“I’ll come with.”

“No, you can’t come with me.”

James continued to follow.

“Bye?” asked the boy.

No response.

“Okay, stop following me,” he ordered.

No answer.

“I mean it, stop!” the boy shrieked at him.

James moved uncomfortably near the other boy.

“Wha-What are you doing?”

James clenched his fists into balls.

“Hey man, you’re getting’ a lil’ too close to me.”

James’ eyes expanded with insanity.

“Seriously, back off!”

James grinned.

“I am warning you…don’t make me use thi-”

James’ fist met the other boy’s face. Letting the silencer fall onto the dead grass, the boy collapsed to the floor.

James picked up the black object. A shiver of excitement went throughout his body as he gripped its cold handle. His intrigued dark eyes enlarged as he played with the silencer’s features. He pointed the silencer toward the knocked out boy on the floor. Blood profusely poured out of the boy with a quick pull of the trigger. A sense of superiority engulfed James. He cradled the weapon against his abdomen. He glanced toward all directions to make sure nobody was watching, and stuffed his new friend into his black baggy pants. His exposed white teeth glistened in the sun as he let out a nefarious cackle.

Chapter 2

“Yo Big, get over here!”

The puny small boy flipped his ragged cap backwards. Freckles covered his chipmunk cheeks. A loose smile slithered across his lips as the massive child slumped across the “playground” toward him.

Big’s shaved head illuminated from the sun’s rays. His eyes squinted onward toward his master. His muscles began to bulge; he cocked his jaw and spat on the hot sand. Big adjusted his oversized leather coat, which reeked as a result of countinous wear throughout the year, and continued to stomp further toward the boy. He passed the old unused slides and rotten trees. As far as Big could remember, there had not been a single other person other than his master and himself that occupied this place. A small white mouse scurried across his path. Big quickly grabbed the terrified creature and glared at it. He slowly crushed the animal within his large hands; he tossed it aside. Big now stood in front of the commanding boy and grunted.

The boy began to rotate around on a suspended tire. A sturdy rope connected the old tire to a giant oak tree. The boy felt glee as he accelerated around in circles. He continued to spin faster and faster until bursts of cynical laughter cut the air.

“Please stop me, Big,” the boy commanded.

Big grabbed the rope and the tire came to an abrupt stop.

“See Big, that’s why I need you.”

Big stared confused.

“And that is why you need me. You and I are one person. I, the brain; you, the body. As the brain, I command the body to do what is right. As the body, you follow all my orders or the brain will not be alright. Yet without a brain, the body can not function well in society.”

Big's eyes squinted; he was obviously perplexed at the statement.

The small boy revealed a puzzle from his pockets. The puzzle had three dimensions. Each piece held rigid due to lack of use. Once completed, the three by three puzzle would resemble a lizard. The pieces consisted of nine body parts all together.

“Look at this puzzle. Due to my feeble stature, I am not able to move the pieces easily.”

The boy tried to reallocate the pieces but to no avail.

“Therefore, I am not able to complete the puzzle even though I contain the mental capacity to solve it easily.”

The small boy handed the puzzle to Big.

“You, on the other hand, have the physicality to move these pieces. However, you lack the mental capacity to complete it.”

Big quickly agreed as he stared dumbfounded at the lizard pieces, moving them back and forth.

“Although together, we are able complete it.”

'The small boy commanded Big to rearrange the pieces in a specific manner, and before no time, he held the completed lizard in his hands. '

Big stood amazed at the analogy.

“As you can see Big, together we are able to do anything. Please help me up now.”

Big squatted down and picked up the boy. He levitated him above his head and placed him upon his shoulders.

< Message edited by Oddmanthefirst -- 10/30/2009 18:40:12 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
10/27/2009 17:31:04   
Oddmanthefirst

Chapter 3

Light reflected off James’ black silk hair. A quick look to the left revealed it to be approximately eight o’ clock at night. James slipped off his coat and sat down on the coach. A toxic smell entered James’ nose; he jumped and whipped around. Sour milk stained the cloth of the cheap coach. James took a rag from the table and threw it on the spot. He sat down on the “clean” part of the couch and grabbed the remote controller. With a quick press of the red button, the television powered on.

“Stupid TV…” he muttered.

Static filled the screen and a blend of various voices erupted from the box. James smacked the side of the television in an attempt for better reception. The static continued on the screen; James tugged the power cord out its socket and left it on the carpet floor.
A shriek pierced his eardrums.

“Jacob Gold! Get your ass ova’ here!”

The unpleasant voice had a strong New York accent. It was quite hoarse, probably from overuse.

James strutted toward the voice. On his journey, his eyes swept along the surfaces of his home. The hallways were made up of stricken yellow walls, the paint tearing. The ceiling suffered from extreme mold due to constant leaking. His worn shoes stepped upon numerous wet spots of various liquids. At last, James had followed the voice to its master. He stared at his mother. She stank of cheap perfume. Excessive make up covered her facial features, but the same could not be said about her attire. Her clothing were the size of the girls' in James’ class, although nowhere near appropriate. His mother’s attire was quite revealing. It consisted of a white short skirt substantially above mid-thigh, high black boots, a blue shirt covering only her chest, and a small sailor hat, which she tucked her hair into. James’ mother jammed a lollipop in between her cherry lipstick lips and smiled.

"Didn't I teach ya a lil' manners?" she inquired. "Ya gotta at least say good-bye before I go to work."

James ignored the comment and pointed to the counter.

“Ma, I got some money from today!”

"Aww, how sweet. Way to go, Jacob,” she sarcastically remarked.

“My name isn’t Jacob, it's James…” he muttered.

“To hell it is! I gave ya my pa’s name: Jacob!” she screamed.

A tear slid down James’ pale face. He quickly brushed it aside and turned around.

“Jacob, keep strong for me. I like your gesture, I really do. But I still got to work tonight…”

“But ma…I could support us…,” he cried.

Sympathy showed in her face and she smiled.

“Jacob, there’s a lil’ food in the cabinet. Go make yourself somethin’.”

With that, she kissed her son on the forehead, grabbed her purse, and exited the apartment.

< Message edited by Oddmanthefirst -- 11/3/2009 15:12:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
10/28/2009 21:51:02   
Oddmanthefirst

Chapter 4

The woman’s heartbeat increased with each second. Her mind whirled on the countless possibilities of the happening of her son. She was petrified at the loss. She continuously sobbed as she picked the up the phone. She pressed her hand on each number exclusively and drew the receiver to her ear. She whispered in the following compliant:

“My son is missing…” with that the phone dropped from her hands onto the wooden floor.

She sprinted out of her house and ran to the school. She dialed her close friend in an attempt to see if her son was just out to play. There was no response. She ran to the elementary school, at which her son attended. Her eyes grew full with discourse and pain. She ached more and more with each solid step. More tears fell out of her red eyes. She slammed open the front door to the old school. A pudgy old woman got in her path.

“You are not allowed here” she scolded.

The woman broke down emotionally.

“Bu-but you must under-understand….” the mother stammered.

“My son…is missing. I can-can’t find him anywhere. You must understand.”

“Well you are not allowed here. I feel for you. Your son is probably just at a friend’s house.”

“But my son would tell me. You don’t know my son like I do. He’s nine years old for Christ’s sake.”

The sad woman grasped the short fat teacher and made her tumble to the floor. Two security guards ran after the frantic woman who started running down the halls, shouting her son’s name: “Andrew! Andrew! Andrew!”

After repetitive chasing, the woman finally gave up. She sulked in a corner and sobbed her depression away. The two guards took her to the principal. She eventually complied and was taken to the office. The woman sat in a rigid wooden chair and stared at a dark skinned woman. The woman wore a conservative gray suit and her silk black hair was cropped short. She paced across the room. Finally the woman spoke.

“Hello, I am Mrs. Young, the principal at this school. Well, there is not easy way to put this…”

“Wha-What are you talking about?”

“I am sorry, Mrs. Rivera, but…”

The dark woman’s pleading eyes stared at the mother’s scared ones.

”Your son is no longer with us…”

“What the hell do you mean ‘not with us’? What the hell is going on,” she cursed.

Then the sobbing returned. Eyeliner ran down her checks. The principal’s gentle hands fell on the mother’s face to wipe away the tears.

“I am sorry for your loss… He was found in the park.” She paused. “His fatality was due to a gun shot wound.”

The principal stared at the crying mother.

“We were trying to get a hold of you or any other family members but… we couldn’t.”

Tears started to well up in the principal’s eyes. Her eyelashes brushed off the water.

“I am deeply sorry. There is now an ongoing investigation to find out who did this.”

She attempted to soothe Mrs. Rivera.

In reaction, Mrs. Rivera slapped the consoling hand away. She stood up straight and cursed out against her son’s murderer. Cursing that would not stop for years to come.

< Message edited by Oddmanthefirst -- 11/3/2009 15:16:27 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
11/2/2009 22:47:43   
Oddmanthefirst

Chapter 5

James lay on his worn mattress. He reminisced of his life before, a life without the superpower that was before him as of now. He felt ashamed of his previous form. A form that was too weak to even stop his own father from leaving his family. He let out a curse of hatred and disgust. Why did he leave us? he thought. He got up and started to throw punches against the wall. His knuckles became bloodier with each strike. James fetched a small rag to clean up the mess. Tears streamed down his eyes. Why? Why? Why?

Screaming was heard. Soon after, James realized it was his own. It was obvious that the world was not to his pleasure. He hated it. It disliked him and he returned the favor. James retrieved the gun out of his drawer and stared at it. The feeling of power once again engulfed him. This was a father to him. He was its slave. He solved all the enticements of the unknown language that held its special powers. The angel of their family. The gun would solve all. It will get money, it will bring light, and it will be a release of anger. The gun will be their supporter. It would be what his father could never accomplish. James glanced at one of the pictures from before. Before the split and before all the yelling and screaming. A time when they were happy. He threw the gun at the picture. The picture fell along with the gun onto the floor. Glass shattered from the frame and light exploded onto the scene. Blood spilled down upon James’ right arm. It was only a skim yet it hurt drastically. Yet not as painful as the excruciating emotions that were inside him. His other hand grasped the scathed arm tightly.

The front door slammed open as his drunken mother sluggishly walked into the house. Her arms flailed around as her breath stank up their home. Her eyes were a deep red, yet every muscle in her body was relaxed. She was not actually there. She was just a spectator it seemed. It was sad really. James did not like his mother this way. This woman seemed to appear more and more every night in replace of his actual mother. This mother was not real. It would only appear after she worked.

“Mom…” James murmured.

The woman began to laugh as she bumped into the kitchen counter.

“James, James, James…”

“Yes mother?” James questioned.

The woman cackled once again. Her lips, that were red before she left, were white.

“Mother, where is the money?”

The woman yet again erupted in cynical laughter.

“Mom! Answer me!”

“I don’t got no money,” she managed to say. Her eyelids began to flutter and her body collapsed onto the floor.

< Message edited by Oddmanthefirst -- 11/3/2009 15:16:55 >
AQ DF  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Manipulation
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition