Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 48 - Green's Quest for Doom (green_girl02)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Green's Quest for Doom (green_girl02)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2009 17:02:50   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Green's Quest for Doom
By green_girl02

"Doom on you! Doom on you!"

*Click*

"You are all doomed!"

*Click*

I flapped my wings a bit to change position on my lovely mushroom chair. "Stupid TV!* It never has anything good. What is it with 'doom this' and 'doom that'? What is 'doom'? Oh! That gives me an idea! I felt like writing anyways!"

I quickly flapped my wings as I flitted under my mushroom to the storage spaces underneath. I filched one of my many Grimoires, this one titled "A Complete History of Lore: An Account of Green's Escapades"**. Flying back up and then gently floating down onto seat, I settled in and opened up the magical tome.

What is doom? No one knows what doom truly is. It cannot be quantified, though everyone claims to have more than their fellows. It cannot be claimed, though everyone lays claim to it. It is intangible, ever-changing, never-ceasing flow of pure torturous evil. There are many rumors of this being a quality that seemingly flows from some beings, while at the same time doom is also perceived to be its own entity. So what is this doom? I plan to find out. Who am I, you may ask? I am Green, the fairy of all that is green and knowledgeable! My job is to go through history itself to find out the facts.

I then flipped through the book, finding the page of timelines belonging to all who were considered to be ebil or evil, either by themselves or by others. I paused as my eyes found a familiar name.

"Ah, Lord Valoth. He was very old by the time of the mecha, possibly a very smart Shadowscythe as well. It says here that he became the leader of his race and led them in conquest of the known universe, which has recently grown to include Lore. He might be interesting to visit! And what about this person? He one looks pretty bad. This one too! He's young, but lots of potential. Ewww, this other one not call himself evil, but he is clearly aligned with it! That should do it."

I closed my eyes as time itself shifted around me, dropping me inside Valoth's ship. I turned, hearing what seemed to be large, menacing footsteps. A deep voice roared out in anger as I turned and saw Valoth himself.

"A fairy? On my ship? Who are you? What are you doing here in my ship?"

I quickly collected myself, getting a better grip on my book and launched into my short monologue. "I am Green, a fairy. I'm sorry to interrupt your evil plotting to take over the universe, but I had a quick question. I'm doing some research. What do you think Doom is?"

After a elongated and uncomfortable silence from Valoth, he finally spoke up clearly. 'Doom? Doom is in me! Doom is below me! I control it! It is my mission to spread it to the rest of the universe. It is my fate to rule the universe! Now, on the note of fate, I believe it is your fate to be doomed to a lifetime of servitude to me." He said this as he raised his fist toward my wings. I quickly teleported out of the situation, desperately looking in my book for my next stop before Valoth could grab me.

"Ah! Sepulchure! Doomknight... He ought to work! Wow, the armor even looks similar. I wonder what the connection is. I bet Falerin or Warlic knows. Anyway, a trip to Sepulchure looks about right!" This time, my aim was better and I appeared next to Sepulchure. As I steadied myself, my tome slipped out of my hands, landing on Drakath's head. I decided to ignore his threats of death and pain*** as I retrieved my book, then focused on Sepulchure himself. "I'm sorry for the interruption, your evilness, but I had a few questions that you seemed just perfect for."

"Very well, continue."

"Is Doom a quality or an entity?" I asked, quite serious.

"Doom is both. It's a quality some have like myself, but it's also an entity many fear. Often times it's the quality that becomes an entity in some, like myself," Sepulchre answered.

"Why are you a Doomknight?"

"I am a Doomknight because Doom is power," he replied confidently. "Only those who are strong deserve to continue on and hold the power that Doom gives. All those who aren't strong enough must fall. I am stronger than all of Lore, so Lore must fall to me!"

"Okay, one last question." I looked at him carefully. "How is Doom infused into something? You are a Doomknight... So, did something take over a knight's armor, or did you just stumble across the armor?"

"Infused!?! Doom isn't infused into something. Doom picked me! It didn't just happen, I was chosen! I should've destroyed you when I first had the chance!" He raised his sword up as it began to glow red****. I took this as my cue to leave, quickly moving through time to my next stop.

I checked my list and nodded. "Donovon is next. He's young and doesn't do much, but is showing a lot of potential for doom and for evil in general. He might be a good person to talk to!"

I fell out of my time-traveling upside-down and fell to the ground, book on top of me. I complained, bewildered at my landing. "Oof, now that I haven't done in forever." I pushed the book aside, climbing to my feet and quickly looked around. Donovon was already on his feet, looking around. I flitted up near him, lugging my book with me.

"Ah, young Donovon! I had a question for you! What is the importance of Doom to you in your quest for world power?"

Donovon looked momentarily surprised at the sight of a fairy holding onto a huge book hovering in front of him. When he heard the question, his face took on a thoughtful look.

"Doom... I have nothing to do with those individuals. Whomever told you that has a serious problem with the truth. Doom seeks corruption and decay, I seek unity and peace... through domination. The Shadowscythe have held Darkovia for far too long. Now then my dear, let us discuss YOUR place in my future efforts...."

I quickly protest that I choose to take no sides, that I am just trying to write a history of Lore. Seeing he isn't too pleased with my answer, I quickly left, slipping through time to my next stop.

I landed on the ground in front of an ornate throne that was floating in the middle of nowhere. I heard a roar of anger as I was pinned to the ground. "Rude, insolent fairy. Remember me? I am Drakath. I told you that you would regret ignoring me. Any last words?"

I decided to go with my questions and see what would happen. "How does Doom fit into your plan for the world, if at all? And are Chaos and Doom related?"

"Interesting last words, fairy. I will answer your questions before I smite you. Doom is evil, but I plan to doom the world. Chaos is a balance between good and evil. Chaos blends the lines between good and evil, making it hard for people to know which is which. To those who are Good, it appears Evil. To those who are Evil, it appears Good. In that case, I guess Chaos and Doom are related." I grinned as I slipped into time and beyond his grasp, his shouts echoing through the portal as I escaped intact.

I sighed as I got back to my hidden glen, happy to be home, in one piece without any harm done... I jumped in surprise when a familiar voice echoed through my home. I turned in anger and hissed at the blue figure emerging from the edges of my glen. "What are you doing here? My forest glen is secluded from time itself, not bending to its flow. How did you find it, Zorbak? And what are you doing here?"

"Silly, naive fairy. I, Zorbak, am the most powerful Necromancer in existence. I have mastered control over life and death itself... you think mere time would be an obstacle? I merely read from one of the more obscure arcane tomes that I *ahem* BORROWED from my brother Kabroz, and I was easily able to pierce the veil surrounding your silly forest glen. And now, I will help myself to all the cookies that I know you are hiding away inside your hollow tree factories and... oh, wait. That's elves, not fairies, isn't it? Hmmm...

"What do I think of Doom? Quite frankly, I find Doom to be over-rated. People are always concerned with death and despair and impending doom because of fears for their own mortality... whereas a true Master of Necromancy such as myself knows that Doom is easily denied when one has complete control over life and death. Doom is of no concern to me, because those who fall to my powerful necromantic fury will find themselves liberated from Doom's clutches and enlisted into my Undead Legions... they should fear Zorbak FAR more then they fear Doom!

"I suppose if you TRULY wish to learn about Doom, I can spare the power required to send you to one who can answer your questions... and coincidentally, owes me a favor or two. If you just stand right there, I'll be happy to send you on your way. I promise this won't hurt... much. Meh heh heh heh heh!”

I cringed as Zorbak's magic hit me. I soon found myself face to face with Death himself.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? Have a little accident, did we? I don't see fairies here very often. Fortunately for you, I have already filled my quota of souls for today. So... I will let you go back. However, you will owe me a favor, AGREED?"

"Wait, I actually came here on purpose. Zorbak sent me here to get my question answered. What is Doom?"

Death got a thoughtful look on his face as he silently brooded on this for a moment. He then finally spoke. "Doom is actually just a destiny or fate. It's a decision that is made about your life that leads you down an order of events. All events seemingly end with death, so people fear their fate or doom as you know it. Death is inevitable, as is fate. Doom is just an unhappy fate. Most people believe that death is unhappy, so thus, it's doom. So this leads to the conclusion that death and doom are one and the same. Then, why you ask, do many mortals call death the eternal peace? Peace is usually considered good. If doom and death are both connected to peace, then doom must not be so bad."

As he finished saying this, Death lifted up his hand and sent me back home where I happily settled into my soft mushroom to compose my thoughts and think over what he had said.

Doom isn't necessarily bad?

It does make sense.

**** Glowing swords, especially those that glow red are never good. Examples? See Star Wars, anything red and glowy in DF, MQ, AQ, or AQWs, and any other general evil villain.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/10/2009 23:06:32   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

The story, you're first and congradulations.

I found the topic of doom quite interesting because earlier tonight I had managed to finally buy a doom weapon in dragonfable. Which leads me to my question to you.

I did not see one mention of the mysterious stranger at all yet he specifically deals with doom. You find him in mechquest just outside mr.mysterious's business and you find him in dragonfable all alone in a field and when you talk to him, the sky goes all eerily dark.

So that leads to why was there no mention of the doom weapons or of the mysterious stranger?
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/11/2009 0:31:05   
Gianna Glow

Probably because the Mysterious Stranger hasnt actually done a lot as of yet. He's just been mysterious. :D and the doom weapons? I'm not sure what the staff have planned (i'm sure there is a story to them thats more than I know) and I didnt want to infringe on that.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
11/11/2009 14:00:21   
Help the Hobo

Nice story. Do you know if it is at all possible for me to become a Zardian Author?
Post #: 4
11/11/2009 17:11:05   
smbdoll

Well, Help, that's not an easy question to answer. I haven't seen any of your work and as far as I can tell, you have not sent an application in for The Zardian. The instructions are available in each issue of The Zardian. On the page with the editor's note, you will find a link to instructions on submitting your work for consideration.

These works get read, often picked apart quite ruthlessly, even though I don't have time to answer every email. The unfortunate fact is, the majority of emails go unanswered, but they do not go unread. Once the work is read, Eukara and I will make the decision about whether we want to ask you for more samples of your work, critique your work so that you might have a better chance of becoming a Zardian author in the future, ask you to an interview, or give you the message that the submission might not be what we're looking for at that time. Those are the majority of the possible outcomes, and cover most situations. None of them are guaranteed to happen and the worst possible outcome is that we might not have time to answer your email promptly.

If you do decide to submit an application, then I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing your submissions.
AQ  Post #: 5
11/16/2009 15:30:08   
Postmaster General

I sent the first part of my story idea and I am really excited about it. I have many follow up stories as well so I hope you are as excited about it as I am.
My name was edited so I want to make sure you know that it was my entry. Before this week I was Chief Duncan.

< Message edited by Shuzke -- 11/16/2009 16:16:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Green's Quest for Doom (green_girl02)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition