Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 48 - Beyond the Garden: Raising Deadwood (green_girl02)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Beyond the Garden: Raising Deadwood (green_girl02)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2009 17:06:50   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Beyond the Garden: Green's Guide to Raising Deadwood
By green_girl02

Hello and welcome to the forest surrounding Necropolis! Today I am going to be teaching you step-by-step how to raise a Deadwood tree of your very own! Are you excited? I hope so, because I am!

Okay, the first items that we obviously need are seeds since all plants come from seeds. What did you think we needed first? Magic?* So, first we need to acquire some seeds, implying we need to find a fruit from which to get seeds. I suggest an apple, since their seeds are very large. However, due to our location, finding a Good Apple is going to be hard. I suggest going into Necropolis itself and fighting a Bad Apple instead. An apple is an apple, right? **

After you have fought the Bad Apple and won, you need to collect the seeds. These are generally the large dark things inside the fruit that doesn't move. If it moves, assume it's a worm and kill it. You see the seeds now? Good, grab four to five of them. You always want to grab extra seeds in case something goes wrong. It's always good to stay one step ahead of Murphy and his stupid law.***

Now that we have the seeds, we need to plant them. My suggestion is a cemetery that is near here. A Deadwood isn't called dead for just any reason! Find a safe spot in the cemetery where you would feel comfortable leaving the deadwood to grow. Once you have found that special spot, dig a hole about six feet down and plant the seeds. Water the soil around them, then bury the seeds and leave them for now. It should grow into a sapling on its own. Don't forget where they are though! That would be most detrimental! What if you started watering an actual grave with a corpse in it instead of a fledgling copse? That just wouldn't do!

We now need to go gather the ingredients for a special potion that we are going to be feeding the new sapling. I have the recipe right here... *Peers at smeared letters on the recipe* Hmm, this could be harder than I thought. The exact amounts are a little water stained... I forgot I had this in my pocket. I think it says:

4 gallons of water from Amityville's fountain
2 green potions scavenged from Nythera
2 skulls
Mix all together and let sit for one week. It should be black in color. Pour the potion on the sapling. Sapling will wither for two days and then turn into a deadwood.

Luckly, I have already completed all the steps so I could show you the end result! Now, if we will all direct our attention to the back of the cemetery, you should see two or three beautiful Deadwood trees. Wait, why are you all running away? They're just Deadwood trees! It's not like they are Deadwood Destroyers! Those things are vicious! *Turns to look* Oh no! Deadwood Destroyers!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/10/2009 23:13:58   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

The recipe makes one wonder if that would actually be do-able. The part about oh no a deadwood destroyer? Wonderful just wonderful. That made a sheer line of both terror and laughter at the same moment.

This was indeed a fine piece and I am proud to have read it. well done!
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/11/2009 0:05:39   
Gianna Glow

Why thank you!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Beyond the Garden: Raising Deadwood (green_girl02)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition