Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 48 - Spirit Searchers (Personater)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Spirit Searchers (Personater)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2009 17:16:57   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Spirit Searchers
by Personater

This Mogloween, the renowned SUPERS* were scheduled to come and spend a night exploring and looking around Battleon. I knew that they were constantly on the lookout for new places to visit, having seen much written documentation about their journeys. I figured that a night in the one town that they would surely find paranormal and undead activity, on the most haunted day, would be the perfect time for them to come in. (All of the accounts below are recorded in chronological order, denoted by the time box seen below.)

After a nice snack with Warlic,** I headed towards the center of town to wait for the SUPERS to arrive. Soon enough, I saw a dust cloud forming off in the distance, and no more than a minute later, saw a very shiny purple vehicle imprinted with green letters that spelled SUPERS.

*_______________*
*|..--..--.._._..--..--..|*
*|.-Time: 4:00 PM-.|*
*|.__..__..--..__..__.|*

Out of the vehicle came two men - one was the leader of the group, Jay Sun, and one of his investigators, Steve Waltz.

After a brief introduction, Jay and Steve first wanted to know what kind of activity we experience that he should check out. Of course, I could not tell him the whole truth as he probably would not believe it.

"The graveyard," I started, "is haunted by spirits of the town's dead and fallen warriors."

Jay spoke up, asking, "Is there anything else?"

"Of course," I replied. "Unearthly sounds can be heard around town, and they seem to have only grown stronger and stronger during this month. Many of us have also seen ghosts running rampant through the cells in the tower," I said, pointing towards the Guardian Tower. "Also, we have seen unearthly figures appear and start attacking us! A few of us have been hurt by the power of these spirits!"

"Sounds like you have all types of supernatural activity going on here. I hope this will be a productive night; I have long desired to see spirits and ghosts like you have mentioned - hopefully they come out and show themselves tonight, being the most haunted of all nights." Steve merely nodded as Jay spoke.

As we finished talking, Jay and Steve started unpacking boxes from their car. For the remainder of the day, they set up equipment in their desire to capture something real. I'm not worried about them catching something; I'm more worried that something doesn't try to catch them!

*_______________*
*|.-Time: 12:00 AM-|*
*|.__..__..--..__..__.|*

"Even the trees are giving me the creeps," Steve stated. "It seems like they are just looking at you!"

"It's about time to start the investigation," Jay said. "It's midnight! Personater, Steve, both of you go and do some WVI (weird voice identification) while I--"

"That's not a good idea," I quickly cut in, "as the town is a large area to cover. We should all investigate together so we don't get separated and lost."

After clarifying this, we headed towards the inn to do some WVI's.

"Is there anyone here?" -- No response. "Can you tell us your name?" -- Again, no response. "Can you tap, like this, on something three times?" -- Jay knocked on a wooden table three times. Moments later, three clear and loud knocks could be heard coming from the corner of the room.

"Can you do that again?" Jay asked. Again, three more knocks could distinctly be heard from the corner of the room.

"Whoooooo issss thereeeee?" an unearthly voice asked from the corner of the room.

"Steve, did you hear that?" "Yes, I did, this is amazing, I hope it gets recorded on tape!"

"We aren't here to hurt you, we just wish to understand why you are here!"

"Gettttttttttttt ooooooooout noooooooow!"

It didn't take any further consideration for Jay and Steve to run out of the building. I quickly followed them - it wouldn't take too long for more madness to start once the ghosts appeared. And then there would be zombies, ghouls, mummies, and other demonic creatures - the thought of having the SUPERS encounter any of those would be beyond my worst fears as they don't know how to deal with such creatures!

*_______________*
*|.-Time: 1:00 AM-..|*
*|.__..__..--..__..__.|*

It's getting worse and worse - ghosts are starting to walk through town, zombies can be heard groaning from the outskirts of the cemetery... this night will be a long night.

"Jay, Steve, we need to leave now!" I yelled.

"Why, we have the best and most convincing evidence ever that proves that the supernatural does really exist!" Steve's eyes were wide. "I never would have imagined, in all my life, seeing a ghost actually talk to me!"

"If you really want to stick around, get assaulted by zombies, undead, and mummies with a vengeance towards the living," I retorted, "stick around by all means! Otherwise, I suggest we head to your vehicle and leave the rest of the investigating for tomorrow."

"Wait, zombies and vengance-driven mummies?" Jay excalimed. "That's the craziest thing I've ever heard!"

Just then, a rock fell behind Jay, who then slowly turned around to see where it came from. He turned back towards me. "What is?" he asked, pointing towards a skeleton holding a sword.

"Undead."

We all quickly hurried back to their vehicle, but even then it was too late. From the shadows, zombies emerged and slowly stumbled their way towards us. We were unable to open the door to get inside the car, so we all retreated on the car's roof for safety. The roof only served as refuge for so long - the creatures then started piling on the car and heading towards us! I closed my eyes, after all, what else does one do when surrounded by obvious impending doom?

*_______________*
*|.--Time: ?:?? ??--..|*
*|.__..__..--..__..__.|*

I opened my eyes to the faint flicker of candlelight.

"Where are we?" I heard Steve's voice call out.

As I looked around, I saw a faintly familiar room with stone walls. "Wow," I gasped.

"What's this 'wow'? Where are we?" Jay asked.

"Greetings mortals," a cold voice splintered through the silent room. "Yes, I am known as Death. As unfortunate as you are to be here, you are lucky that I am out of rooms - you are free to return to the world you came from."

*_______________*
*|.-Time: 12:00 PM-|*
*|.__..__..--..__..__.|*

"Well, that certainly was an experience. I don't know what to make of it - supernatural forces do exist, but in that quantity and of that power, I don't think that we've EVER seen that before." Jay shook his head, overwhelmed.

Steve and Jay got into their vehicle, now apparently scratched and covered in slime, and drove away.

11/10/2009 23:31:27   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

All right Personator.

1. It was more then slightly noticed by me that you were following the theme of ghostwatchers, however you have the potential to really create works of art in literature with imaginative results.

You for example in this article, created enough atmosphere to go along with the over-all development of the story.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 11/10/2009 23:45:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Spirit Searchers (Personater)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition