Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 48 - Cat's Meow - Day of the Dead (Eukara)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Cat's Meow - Day of the Dead (Eukara)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2009 17:20:43   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Cat's Meow - Day of the Dead
by Eukara Vox

What are you doing, Casper?

I saw the computer on and well, I thought I would take a look at what Eukara is doing. It's another one of those dragon chapters, though, Deuteronomy.

Ahh, yes, that would be Talvan and Chrysa, correct?

Yeah, that would be it. You know, after that whole ordeal with the dragon going missing, you'd think she wouldn't have gone this route.

It's Eukara, Casper. Have you not figured out that she does these kinds of things?

Okay, I will give you that. But she does have something interesting in that chapter that I think I want to learn more about tonight.

Oh really? This should be interesting. What exactly is it that you want to learn more about?

In the chapter, Chrysa talks about the Day of the Dead and how the character is surprised how it is celebrated where she traveled. So, I though I would look around and see if Eukara actually got stuff right.

You actually think you are going to outwit Eukara? Did you not land on your feet as a kitten?"

What? It's not like she is sooo perfect that she can't do anything wrong.

You weren't around when she was given the title "Fount of Knowledge" were you?

Psh, fountains go dry, you know.

I may as well stick around, just in case you get yourself in trouble.

Ye of little faith... Anyway, let's google "Day of the Dead." First off the bat... a Wikipedia page. Is it trustworthy?

I do know Eukara uses them, especially for quick myth reference for her students, but she doesn't let them use it solely as the only reference. Let's see what it says.

Well, it says that this holiday is a day where family and friends get together to celebrate the people that they loved who had died. What an odd thing to celebrate. I thought that was what funerals are for.

No, little one. That isn't the only time you celebrate the life of someone who has died. You can do it anytime.

Okay, then, why have a holiday for it?

So that everyone can come together as a family or group to celebrate.

But that sounds like a funeral.

It isn't a funeral! It's a special day set aside, EVERY year, for people to enjoy each other's company and celebrate those they loved that are now gone.

Still sounds like a funeral... OUCH! Not necessary!

Extremely necessary. Just be glad I don't have claws. Continue, please.

Oooh, here is something that she didn't mention! Sometimes, people build altars for those that they are celebrating to honor them. Then, when they visit the graves, they take all the stuff from the altar with them. She didn't mention the people in the chapter carrying anything.

Now that is interesting. They have sugar skulls for the holiday. I wonder if it would be sacrilege to munch on them after assigning names to them...

Sacri-what? Never mind, you will only end up hurting my brain. Hmm, it seems that the holiday is celebrated differently depending on where you are. So, that is why Chrysa was surprised. I guess she was only familiar with one way of celebrating.

So, you can use that brain of yours. Um, what are you looking at?

I swear I saw something in the corner. It was kinda there, but kinda not, you know?

I will take your word for it. So, let's see about all these other places, shall we?

Well, I read that Eukara took Chrysa to Brazil and it seemed that she spent all day there... sorta. You can never tell with writing types. It seems that Brazil actually makes it a public holiday, so all those people had time off to do what they needed. That's pretty cool.

Hmm, it says that in other places it is more festive. Brazil sounds very solemn and reverent. I mean look at Spain... apparently, they have festivals and parades all day, then they cap the night with a solemn trip to a cemetery.

Yeah... it seems... that in some... places...

Casper? Now what are you looking at? Seriously, there is nothing up there!

You don't see it? But it's right there... now where did it go?

Where did what go?

I swear I saw a person there!

That's impossible. That whole story about how felines can sense the supernatural... it is a myth. We can't see anything of the sort. You are letting this research get to you.

But I swear! It just moved... behind the computer.

CASPER!

Oooow! You didn't have to hit me so hard.

Yes I did. You see nothing, okay? Nothing! Right now, I want to read about how this holiday has its roots in Aztec culture. What does it say, something about a goddess named Mictecacihuatl... Get off of me!

But.. I can see it... right there...

All I can see is your furry rear in my way.

But Deuteronomy... I see dead people.

No you don---

in unison: *MREOOOOOOWWWWWW! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/11/2009 12:27:38   
Deathwalker

Just out of curiosity, how many cats do you have, Eukara?

Funny, by the way, I giggled for a few minutes.

PS: Where is Cow Face? Did he unundisapoof?
DF AQW  Post #: 2
11/11/2009 17:25:12   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I have two cats. A Napoleon named Casper (the lighter print) and a Siamese named Deuteronomy (bolded print).

Glad you found it funny. I love doing my Cat articles, though they are not as frequent as some would like. And Cow Face was on vacation for a while, but he will be back for the next issue.

Thanks for reading!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Cat's Meow - Day of the Dead (Eukara)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition