Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 48 - Editor's Note (smbdoll)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Editor's Note (smbdoll)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2009 17:25:48   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Editor's Note
by smbdoll

Help! Real life is attacking!

Dear readers, you probably would not believe how many times I've wanted to shout that in the past few weeks. I like to believe that somewhere, in some strange, alternate reality, there is a version of me that still lives the happy, carefree life that I once enjoyed.

Alas, that time is over. Escaping into fantasy, while satisfying, is an option that must be savored in the spare time I have between work, family and parental duties. Please don't misunderstand me. I enjoy my life as it is. There is nothing more satisfying than coming home from a job done well to find a family that loves me for who I am and appreciates what I do for them. It's difficult to remember that at times though; especially when things don't go exactly according to plan.

That's why I'd like to take the opportunity here to apologize for this late issue of The Zardian. As you can infer from the articles, it was meant to be published soon after Mogloween. I can only beg your indulgence and hope that you're willing to understand that life does not always go according to plan. Any number of things can happen that delay publications, and in these past weeks, a great deal of things did. I won't bore you by listing them all or attempt to make excuses for them. Instead, I will hope that you can enjoy this issue as it was meant to be enjoyed. Perhaps it can even be made all the sweeter by indulging in all the Mogloween candies while leafing through Issue 48's pages.

During this time of year, it's only natural for the mind to turn to somewhat morbid thoughts. The gentle sleep of winter can leave some, particularly myself, with a sense of bleakness. Since I left the warm, southern climates of my home and moved so far north, I've had trouble coping with winter. Getting used to the long, cold nights and the short grey days have been the hardest part. Perhaps that is the reason that the mind turns to all things dark and dangerous in these months. It is that part of the mind that we've wanted to explore in this issue. Our authors and artists have once again outdone themselves and created an ezine that explores these topics in a way that makes you think, laugh, and temporarily escape from the reality around us. For that alone they have my gratitude.

It's been a difficult issue to produce, and the team is fortunate to have so many hard working and understanding people helping. We've had numerous bugs to squash (and I hope we got them all) and sicknessess to deal with. Fortunately our team members seem to be on the mend now. Eukara, Randor the Red, Personater, and all our authors and artists have really put in an effort to publish this issue which must be applauded. I'm also happy to present the first articles by green_girl02 and The Legendary Hero in this issue.

The Zardian's team is hard working and growing fast. Even so, we've decided that there will be no issue made specifically for the November month. Instead, we're planning on giving the team a short, but well deserved break. We will be releasing an extra large issue for December. I can already feel the holiday spirit affecting me, urging me through this part of the winter with the promises of hope for the future. I'm looking forward to the time I'll spend with my family, the joys of being close to the ones I care most about and the gentle promise of spring to come, when the world will be reborn from the winter snows. Until our next, double-sized issue, dear readers, I want to thank you for being a part of The Zardian.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 11/10/2009 18:50:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/10/2009 17:37:25   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Ahh! Real life is attacking! :P

I'd just like to say, congratulation to The Legendary Hero and green_girl02 for becoming the new reporters. Congratz! :)

/applaud and whistle

Mm, thanks for writing. You guys deserve some 'thankies' too.
Post #: 2
11/12/2009 17:13:55   
Deathwalker

My signature says it all, I can't believe you guys waited so long to take a well deserved break, maybe you should take a double break and do a triple thick issue for January! :O

Keep Your Friends Close, Your Weapons Closer, and Your Enemies At An Appropriate Striking Distance.

~ Cow Face
DF AQW  Post #: 3
11/12/2009 18:08:24   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Maybe we should dress you up as the turkey smb since your so stuffed from life grabbing you by the cobbler!

Just kidding. You didn't really need to apologize for the issue being late, since it wasn't all that far from the mogloween events. Besides it was a very much needed "after" mogloween event treat. If i had seen one more mogloween item of amazement, I would have passed out! I spent the good part of weeks on tons of mogloween quests and boy were my swords tired! :D!

I must have chopped down 80 skeletons and even my mummy's hands were ready to fall apart!

You could say I was almost Dragon-fried red hot peppering the enemy with whatever costumey crazy item I happened to buy up!

I'm so "Stuffed" with "dressing" up that I almost, quite almost didn't have the "time" to "cook" up this lovely reply for you :D!
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 48 - Editor's Note (smbdoll)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition